Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:45 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 508, davesaz wrote:I'm the town leader and you're full of bullshit.
This is outright wrong lol
In post 511, The Bulge wrote:
In post 482, SirCakez wrote:nobody can even explain the reason for their vote other than A50's OMGUS so
it seems pretty crap to me
no other posts in your iso indicate this.

ie, what are you going to do about it?
Nobody who is voting me is even talking about pushing me
So there's not much for me to do about it nor do I really care

Dram's case was kind of bad but seems townie enough?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

I think I was wrong about the hayasaka slot being scum IV has been showing up and doing actually town shit more than most everyone else
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:46 am

Post by SirCakez »

A50 is still my strongest SR by far. Seems like he's not even trying here.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:56 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 546, dramonic wrote:
In post 544, davesaz wrote:Seems to be more in touch and less catching up than RL balance issues would imply.
That's just not okay.
Do you mean what I wrote is wrong, or that the thing I observed is scummy? I’m voting her still.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:57 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 372, dramonic wrote:This game feels like a big clique experience.
yeah I get it, I don’t want it to feel like that, I like engaging players that I know and that’s like 90% of the reason I replaced in?

We’re also just on the most in general? I like talking live about my thoughts when the opportunity is there because I like having conversations, if someone else happened to be online/posting at the same time that I didn’t really know I’d like to think I’d be willing to engage them in a similar-ish way

Sorry if it bores you/you dislike playing in games with this dynamic
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:00 am

In post 544, davesaz wrote:InnocentVillager Hayasaka - If there weren't a join date to prove it wrong, I'd swear this is a new player. Seems rather lost and inconsistent. I had no meta on predecessor despite her apparently being well known to others in the player list. Feels a little suspicious.
This is kind of just my play style, I’m very open on where I’m confused/don’t have an opinion, I am pretty much word vomit with no filter especially when I’m town (I think?) as I don’t take notes anywhere else, I get that this means people might think I have less credibility for my “bounciness” but I also don’t like having reads when I don’t feel like there should be one, id rather not have a read than have a misguided one
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 4:02 am

I think we’re on the same page as far as having no real gut scumreads though? That part has been a bit challenging for me, admittedly I don’t have experience with multi ball at all I think
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:02 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 553, davesaz wrote:
In post 546, dramonic wrote:
In post 544, davesaz wrote:Seems to be more in touch and less catching up than RL balance issues would imply.
That's just not okay.
Do you mean what I wrote is wrong, or that the thing I observed is scummy? I’m voting her still.
I mean that's not an okay avenue of questioning. It's sort of akin to tell someone they don't seem affected enough by RL stuff.
In post 554, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 372, dramonic wrote:This game feels like a big clique experience.
[snip]
Sorry if it bores you/you dislike playing in games with this dynamic
This is my second game after a 2 year break.

@AGar: You're a jerk but I love you too.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:11 am

In post 548, AGar wrote:
In post 544, davesaz wrote:Fully from memory, in player list order. Gaps are for separating 1-liners from more extensive impressions, not for read grouping:

Almost50 - I think he's town based on a meta factor that I'm unwilling to let him know what it is
AGar - Seems to have opinions which are reasonable based on things in the thread

Malakittens - Claims to have RL balance issue, which is something I wouldn't doubt. Seems to be more in touch and less catching up than RL balance issues would imply. If she's unwilling / unable to push someone that she normally would via meta that could be a sign that she's scum with nothing to push. I don't know her meta well enough to know what she would push.

dramonic - Focus within the thread is a little narrow, but it fits what I know about his meta. Don't remember if I have seen him as scum and not inclined to go digging just yet.

The Bulge - Conversations seem to be town motivated
SirCakez - Extremely typical meta wise. Bad early takes don't make him scum by themselves. I'll need to read again with more context.
notscience - Conversations seem to be town motivated
Elements - I don't know if scum!Elements has the chops to be so brazenly clueless. Fits with meta, don't know if I have seen a scum game.

Xayah - Falling far below expectations but I can't remember if she has given a RL in this game. Perhaps a bit suspicious?
davesaz - Pretty obviously town if I don't mind saying so myself
Dunnstral - Very standard for meta, very unreadable, very null
InnocentVillager
Hayasaka
- If there weren't a join date to prove it wrong, I'd swear this is a new player. Seems rather lost and inconsistent. I had no meta on predecessor despite her apparently being well known to others in the player list. Feels a little suspicious.

Not_Mafia - Very standard for meta, perhaps slightly under performing. In someone with more mainstream meta I'd scum read this pretty hard.

One general comment trend that I'll go along with, there isn't enough overt scumminess in this game. It leaves me with no genuine gut scum reads and that's not good.
Is there actually an opinion in here?
do you find anything scummy about this readslist? im not sure if that's what you're implying or not
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:04 am

Post by dramonic »

Do you find anything town about that readlist? like 80% of it is meta, which is the definition of an empty read.
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:14 am

idk, i don't know dave's meta ;)

some people just tend to focus a lot on meta? are you saying you find it scummy because you think he's just using meta to posture without actual opinions/analysis?
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Xayah »

Ele/Mala/NM/Dramonic seem to be the only people I'd vote d1 here
"Nice world. It would be a shame if something bad happened to it."

Gameplay account of MariaR
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:24 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 557, dramonic wrote:I mean that's not an okay avenue of questioning. It's sort of akin to tell someone they don't seem affected enough by RL stuff.
I agree with part of what you're saying. I may have failed to get across the point that I don't (and never) question statements about RL. I'm often highly affected by RL myself and get offended if someone doesn't take my comments about RL at face value.

I think it's still valid to comment about what people with RL conflicts do when they are here. There have been times when people made such comments about my posting and I had to step back from thinking it was a comment about RL and realize it was about the content.

So, for the record that part of my thoughts about Mala are about the content when she's here. She seems aware about what's going on but unusually quiet regarding doing anything about it.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:25 am

@xayah you dont have to answer obviously because you've said you wouldn't but if you care to it would be interesting to know why you think cakez is town.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:26 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 559, dramonic wrote:Do you find anything town about that readlist? like 80% of it is meta, which is the definition of an empty read.
Incorrect again. Neither 80% meta, nor is meta empty.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 561, Xayah wrote:Ele/Mala/NM/Dramonic seem to be the only people I'd vote d1 here
I'm town
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:30 am

Post by dramonic »

In post 560, innocentvillager wrote:idk, i don't know dave's meta ;)

some people just tend to focus a lot on meta? are you saying you find it scummy because you think he's just using meta to posture without actual opinions/analysis?
Meta encourages bad play and produces no evolution of thought. "Oh hey was stupid in Game X and was town" does not make it fine to be stupid in this one. If a player is being down you murder him with the fury of a thousand suns game after game until he stops being stupid or quits :D
Kind of a tangent cuz what's happening here is that Dave is just saying "meta town" on, well... everyone... to avoid doing anything substantial in this game.
I'm a hoot
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:31 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 565, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 561, Xayah wrote:Ele/Mala/NM/Dramonic seem to be the only people I'd vote d1 here
I'm town
I see you saying it, but I don't see you walking the walk.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:33 am

In post 562, davesaz wrote:I agree with part of what you're saying. I may have failed to get across the point that I don't (and never) question statements about RL. I'm often highly affected by RL myself and get offended if someone doesn't take my comments about RL at face value.

I think it's still valid to comment about what people with RL conflicts do when they are here. There have been times when people made such comments about my posting and I had to step back from thinking it was a comment about RL and realize it was about the content.

So, for the record that part of my thoughts about Mala are about the content when she's here. She seems aware about what's going on but unusually quiet regarding doing anything about it.
100% agree with first two lines.

Regarding Mala I think I see what you're saying? I usually skim over some pages to get a vague sense of what's going on but I haven't like "read the whole thread" per say which usually doesnt make me feel good about pushing stuff so I'll post impressions or respond to stuff that sticks out

I get why you think that might be scummy but I don't believe it is AI necessarily
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:35 am

In post 566, dramonic wrote:If a player is being down you murder him with the fury of a thousand suns game after game until he stops being stupid or quits
lmfao

guess i should quit :(
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Xayah »

In post 563, innocentvillager wrote:@xayah you dont have to answer obviously because you've said you wouldn't but if you care to it would be interesting to know why you think cakez is town.
If Cakez is scum he's having to fake this amount of confidence and I don't see why he goes that angle. Plus if his read is right (and you believe it to be so) he's the person on top of the 'you should kill' list for w/e scum team isn't on it. There's certain strats you do in this setup and Cakez is like...doing none of them.

Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Xayah »

Ok I've made my 1 effort post of the day can I go back to lurking again? Thanks

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:37 am

i mean your personal views on meta aside i still think you're just reaching with your scum!dave narrative because I don't necessarily see anything AI about using meta on players you know as an avenue to read them

regardless of if it's the correct thing to do or not, or if players should/shouldn't be encouraged for being dumb because "that's just their (town)meta"

pedit: thnk u i will reevaluate
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:42 am

In post 570, Xayah wrote:Plus if his read is right (and you believe it to be so) he's the person on top of the 'you should kill' list for w/e scum team isn't on it
im sorry, i don't understand english can you rephrase this :( or you can keep lurking w/e all good
Xayah
Xayah
Goon
Xayah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:03 am

Post by Xayah »

In post 573, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 570, Xayah wrote:Plus if his read is right (and you believe it to be so) he's the person on top of the 'you should kill' list for w/e scum team isn't on it
im sorry, i don't understand english can you rephrase this :( or you can keep lurking w/e all good
If his wolf/scumread is correct you'd obvious want him dead cause he'd be townread. And if he's also a scum/wolf that's really bad.

Return to “Completed Open Games”