Mini 627 - Riverworld Smalltown - Over!!!

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:19 pm

Post by armlx »

Hmm. Thats unfortunate. The plan still works, we are auto catching the SK tonight.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

I need to look over your plan again. It seemed a bit elaborate.

Also where is everyone? This is the best part of the game for crying out loud.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

armlx wrote:Again, this is assuming Twomz has to watch last night. If we doubt this assumption, its a bad idea.
I think this depends heavily on who Twomz partner was. While you and Rishi have both demonstrated a Night action, and are thus not the attempted killer. This cuts both ways, as you would likely want to be cleared and not perform the kills as mafia.

I also don't see TheHermit as likely mafia because they would have worried about him being jailed for protection and thus getting blocked. Of course if they were really concerned about this, why try and NK him? I guess, even if we do suspect TheHermit based on the lack of mafia kill, it's best not to lynch him as the SK HAS to NK him tonight or else he will be outed tommorow.

Our SK isn't night kill immune right?
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

I can confirm I was poisoned; I got a pm.

Also, would like NabNab to confirm he didn't take Inventor. If he didn't, then how do we auto-catch sk tonight?

Also, leaning towards scum with TheHermit. If this is true, will he give us the sk or keep him around more nightkills to help eliminate the town? I'm not sure on what would be the correct play here so that may be a very stupid question.

Also, are we nolynching today or what?

Also, what happens to shaft.ed tomorrow if he hides behind me and I am poisoned?
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by Claus »

Morning here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVVmAG0RXmo
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by armlx »

Also, are we nolynching today or what?
/facepalm.

We are DEFINITELY lynching today.

And the plan.
This might be a little early to say, but I suggest Rishi motivates IAUN tonight and he publicly chooses 2 of the (Claus/Shaft.ed/NabNab/Alabaska/M4yh3m) to JK tonight. Cyber and I can then track the other 2 that are alive. That means that if Hermit dies tonight and neither myself or Cyber see it, one of (IAUN/Cyber/myself/Rishi) has to be the SK. Odds are we also catch the mafia kill this way, as if IAUN doesn't stop it, a tracker should see it, and if a tracker dies and the other doesn't see it, it means the mafia is either the person who was supposed to be tracked or Hermit.

Again, this is assuming Twomz has to watch last night. If we doubt this assumption, its a bad idea.

We have to determine who is being lynched before we can call out our targets, or we could do it now and whoever has the person who is lynched as one of their targets then takes the odd man out.

That said, I should not be the one who targets Claus if we do this.
With this all said, I think the voting yesterday is a good place to start for today.
NabakovNabakov
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
NabakovNabakov
LalitaLalita
LalitaLalita

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by NabakovNabakov »

I did not absorb the inventor ability. I did not realize that the player gifted by the inventor may act on the same night (my theoretical timelines from today and yesterday show this). Now that shaft.ed has presented his arguments. I may have been an idiot to have not done what I didn't do, but what was not done was not done.

Armlx's plan sounds OK. I don't how it "auto-catches" the SK. It might catch him, but it could also just narrow the field. Also, it depends on Hermit being alive/dependable so that he can report back with an investigation on Twomz without being killed/intentionally wrong. That means we're screwed if we lynch him, but we're also screwed if he's the SK. Additionally, first impressions would state that the remaining mafia members will also have an interest in dispatching the SK, but this is also an excellent opportunity to take a pot-shot at King if they're someone who can/won't be watched.
Show
"Shut up!" one woman shouted at another.

"You shut up!" the second woman shouted back.

"I agree with NN"
-Yosarian2
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by armlx »

I don't how it "auto-catches" the SK.
My bad. Not SK, the mafia. The SK is a trickier matter, but is also majorly screwed over by the plan as it splits the suspect pool in half.

That said, Hermit's result is assured accurate as he is not the SK because he was JK'ed last night, unless the mafia killed their own member.....
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Claus »

scumhunting first?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by shaft.ed »

Claus wrote:scumhunting first?
In a smalltown game this is scumhunting.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by armlx »

scumhunting first?
Obviously, but do you think the plan is a good idea?
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:16 pm

Post by Claus »

scumhunt --> Plan
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by armlx »

Fair nuff.

I don't feel that lynching one of the set (Rishi/IAUN/TheHermit/Cyberbob/myself) is a good idea today. Claus has been pretty actively pro-town too, so disagree with that too.

Alabaska is a decent place to start. I want to hear his NN case though.

M4yh3m's auto vote on Pug when he replaced in seems pretty indicative he isn't mafia, especially with the fact it was a DOUBLE vote and Twomz hopped on fast too.

Rishi also had the early Pug vote right before Twomz, which helps as Rishi would be one of the people whose lack of ability would be more noticable then Twomz's.

Shaft.ed's swap back to the "Let Pug live and give out a cop thing" from being on Pug is pretty sketchy IMO, as well as his early insistence he had a place to hide tonight. Lets start there.

Vote Shaft.ed
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:34 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

shaft.ed wrote:If CyberBob is scum I think he tracked iamusername in the hopes that he might get the results before the NK was submitted, and fabricated the armlx results as they were clearly posted before his claim.
Finally, why not pass your ability over to Claus? [/quote]
shaft.ed wrote:The tracking of iamusername and armlx are rather poor choices.

I don't have any response to this except to maybe apologise if you disagree with my reasoning. I was trying to go for roles which would either be possibly used to advantage scum or which would be most likely picked to make a nightkill (these being ones which would otherwise be fairly useless/unconfirmable). If you think my choices were bad... *shrug*
shaft.ed wrote:He says he targets armlx because he figures armlx most likely to make the kill. However armlx was already cleared to use his delayed vig ability. There's no way scum would pass up a town supported vig attempt.
This point I will concede. I should have thought that one through a bit more.
shaft.ed wrote:Also I really don't see the utility of tracking the JK. It's somewhat possible the JK's target will be confirmable if a night action of some sort was blocked, why waste the Tracking ability when you can target someone that you will not get information on.
I figured that a buddy of his would be able to come to the rescue if he needed someone to confirm. As for the blocked person being informed... that's outguessing the mod as it really comes down to their personal preferences.
shaft.ed wrote:If CyberBob is scum I think he tracked iamusername in the hopes that he might get the results before the NK was submitted, and fabricated the armlx results as they were clearly posted before his claim.
This is an eminently reasonable conclusion from your POV. I don't know how the concern about faking results/actions is ever going to be assuaged, as any investigation/whatever scumbuddy combination would be able to pull something like that off with relative impunity.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:05 am

Post by shaft.ed »

NabNab wrote:I did not realize that the player gifted by the inventor may act on the same night (my theoretical timelines from today and
yesterday
show this).
Please point to this statement from yesterday.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:06 am

Post by shaft.ed »

armlx wrote:
I don't how it "auto-catches" the SK.
My bad. Not SK, the mafia. The SK is a trickier matter, but is also majorly screwed over by the plan as it splits the suspect pool in half.

That said, Hermit's result is assured accurate as he is not the SK because he was JK'ed last night, unless the mafia killed their own member.....
Major problem with this is that scum No Killing will totally throw us off. I don't think any choreography is advisable in our current situation.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:11 am

Post by shaft.ed »

armlx wrote:Shaft.ed's swap back to the "Let Pug live and give out a cop thing" from being on Pug is pretty sketchy IMO, as well as his early insistence he had a place to hide tonight. Lets start there.

Vote Shaft.ed
I agree, my Pug reasoning looks really bad after him flipping, and you forgot the fact that I didn't support a Twomz lynch based solely on his meta (which you interestingly left out). The fact that I had two somewhat weak excuses not to lynch scum is certainly reason to suspect me. I would point out that the Alabaska issue is not what you are making it out to be. I did not insist that I had a place to hide, I was merely pointing out that form my point of view it would be very nice if Alabaska kept his extra life.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:13 am

Post by shaft.ed »

CyberBob wrote:I figured that a buddy of his would be able to come to the rescue if he needed someone to confirm. As for the blocked person being informed... that's outguessing the mod as it really comes down to their personal preferences.
Using buddies to support a fake claim is very risky business. Especailly when you are talking about a Jailkeeper. What if someone tracked the buddy, or armlx targeted the buddy? It takes down two scum for the price of one.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:04 am

Post by armlx »

Major problem with this is that scum No Killing will totally throw us off. I don't think any choreography is advisable in our current situation.
If the scum No Kill, it sounds like we are still winning. We still either catch the SK if they are in the non-track/JK/Motivate subset and narrow it down if they are, and the scum just no killed.

Again, the plan is flawed if any one of (me, IAUN, Rishi, Cyber) is mafia. Thats my real issue with it.
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:25 am

Post by shaft.ed »

armlx wrote:Again, the plan is flawed if any one of (me, IAUN, Rishi, Cyber) is mafia. Thats my real issue with it.
Yeah, I think IAUN is cleared as not mafia, you and Rishi are more likely not mafia than average, but What About Bob?

And I do think you are underestimating the confusion that will be brought about with a no-kill.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:43 am

Post by armlx »

Shaft.ed, how does a no kill cause that much confusion?
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:45 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Mostly the Jailkeeper. You're using the Jailkeeper as a pseudocop. SK or mafia can no-kill and it fingers one of the two locked up players as the scum since it's obvious they wouldn't have been protected. That's really the problem with a choreographed jailkeep.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:47 am

Post by armlx »

We can just ignore that. The important thing is that either the SK is confirmed in the group of people who are less likely to be mafia or the SK is caught.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:58 am

Post by M4yhem »

I don't really understand the night plan but since I don't have anything but a passive part to play in it, that doesn't really matter.

As I said yesterday, I think one of Cyberbob/NabNab/Shaft.ed is pug's buddy because each of them attacked me/pushed a different lynch near deadline.

I also think whoever replaces Hermit should be questioned closely, since he didn't vote in the end.

I'm going to vote
Cyberbob
for seemingly protecting Pug yesterday. If you need the quotes, I'll fetch them.
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:59 am

Post by M4yhem »

Erm-
Vote: Cyberbob
for clarity.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”