kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

I am going to up the stakes here with a
vote:crazy.

1. Stupid to say "I am not the Godfather because my target did not die."- None of us know your target, and nothing you say can be trusted completely. And you should know that, you are no newb, so I cannot see any reason for you to voice this except as an attempt to distance yourself.

2. Saying "I am not trying to clear myself by stating that I am not the Godfather."- Then why did you say it? What motive (pardon the pun) could you possibly have in saying that except to clear yourself?
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Voodo
Voodo
Goon
Voodo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Voodo »

Dammit, I was looking forward to this game. :(
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I'm still trying to understand this set-up. Have there been Sense Motive games on mafiascum before? Or are we the lab rats for it? I can already tell that this is going to take a crazy sort of logic, and it'd be nice if we had something to go on as we figure out how it works.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Jshark
Jshark
Townie
Jshark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Jshark »

I'm going to
Vote:Skitzer
for not checking in or saying anything yet.
"When the chips are down these civilized people will eat each other....you'll see....I'll show you"- Joker, The Dark Knight
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Musher333 »

So hang on, the only thing we can do right now is say if the person we sensed wasn't on our team, if we do this we are still non the wiser as to who is scum and who isn't as not everyone will have found someone on the other team.
Musher-scum would not be clever enough to do something like this- Strife 220
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:59 pm

Post by Porkens »

It's gunna be madness, for sure.

My instincts tell me that a mass claim would be extremely confusing and ultimatly unhelpful. Although, I would consider otherwise if someone could explain why it would be useful. I think claiming "not godfather" is just about the most suspicious thing someone could do at this point; especially since none of us know what side we are on. Therefore;

vote: Crazy
Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:20 am

Post by Verbal »

Musher333 wrote:So hang on, the only thing we can do right now is say if the person we sensed wasn't on our team, if we do this we are still non the wiser as to who is scum and who isn't as not everyone will have found someone on the other team.
However, we can start organising ourselves into teams. We can pm each other at any point during the game, night or day. The idea is (i assume) that if your sense target is on the same team as you, you can pm to tell them this, and so start a network of players within your team.

But no, at this stage we can't tell if we're scum or not yet - although one player will be one step closer to figuring out he's the godfather, following Voodo's death.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Crazy »

kabenon wrote:2. Saying "I am not trying to clear myself by stating that I am not the Godfather."- Then why did you say it? What motive (pardon the pun) could you possibly have in saying that except to clear yourself?
I'm sorry, but do you need to have a reason for everything you say
in your first post?
Obviously I knew it couldn't clear me, why would I think it would?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by iLord »

Hiti wrote:I'm still trying to understand this set-up. Have there been Sense Motive games on mafiascum before? Or are we the lab rats for it? I can already tell that this is going to take a crazy sort of logic, and it'd be nice if we had something to go on as we figure out how it works.
At least post your speculation.

We're all trying to understand the set-up.
Jshark wrote:I'm going to Vote:Skitzer for not checking in or saying anything yet.
Comment on Crazy.
Mush wrote:So hang on, the only thing we can do right now is say if the person we sensed wasn't on our team, if we do this we are still non the wiser as to who is scum and who isn't as not everyone will have found someone on the other team.
We will not know who is scum or not.

BUT, we can sense on of the people at night and figure out who we need dead.

And then the person that's not our ally will get lynched.

Perfectly logcial.
Verbal wrote:However, we can start organising ourselves into teams. We can pm each other at any point during the game, night or day. The idea is (i assume) that if your sense target is on the same team as you, you can pm to tell them this, and so start a network of players within your team.
Yep, I've already started contacting my ally.

Everybody should start contacting their ally. If they did not find an ally, they should claim so immediately.
Verbal wrote:But no, at this stage we can't tell if we're scum or not yet - although one player will be one step closer to figuring out he's the godfather, following Voodo's death.
Yes, so we should hunt godfather.
Crazy wrote:I'm sorry, but do you need to have a reason for everything you say in your first post? Obviously I knew it couldn't clear me, why would I think it would?
Yes. You need to be accountable for the content of every single one of your posts.

You say that you obviously knew it wouldn't clear you. Yet you still said it.

I was actually reading town on you despite your scummy content, but this post is horribly scummy.

Vote: Crazy

Note that in this game, your claim consists of your targets. So, if Crazy were to be pressured to claim, he would claim his ally. If he can put up an ally, then we'll take him as semi-comfirmed, since if they were both scum, we'd figure it out by someone sense motiveing him or his partner.

I'm fine with pressuring Crazy to claim. The only conscious scum we probably have is the godfather, and Crazy has exibited several "godfather" tells.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:47 pm

Post by iLord »

EBWODP:

Quote tags don't work?

Do you need quotations on this site?

@Mod: Can you edit in the quotes? Thanks loads!
kabenon007
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
kabenon007
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Cannot be disclosed, as it would jeapordize my mission

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by kabenon007 »

You still did not answer why you said it. You must have had a reason, be it a joke, (which I doubt, because you used the excuse that you weren't trying to clear yourself in a later post instead of saying it in the same post, which would have made sense if you had meant it as a joke) or hoping that we would just assume... yeah, his choice wasn't killed... not the Godfather.
I put the "laughter" in manslaughter.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Crazy »

kabenon007 wrote:You still did not answer why you said it. You must have had a reason, be it a joke, (which I doubt, because you used the excuse that you weren't trying to clear yourself in a later post instead of saying it in the same post, which would have made sense if you had meant it as a joke) or hoping that we would just assume... yeah, his choice wasn't killed... not the Godfather.
Umm... I was just speculating, since at the beginning my identity is as secret to me as everyone else's. Seriously, I have no idea how this was blown up to this proportion.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by iLord »

Crazy wrote:Umm... I was just speculating, since at the beginning my identity is as secret to me as everyone else's. Seriously, I have no idea how this was blown up to this proportion.
But not if you are the godfather - you have a pretty good idea whether or not you are the godfather.

The second line reads like flailing scum.

------------------------------------

Another note on game theory: It is highly unlikely that we will lynch Crazy, as this game has no reveal on death. Most likely, in this game, we will not lynch very often at all. That gives us several nights to put together information and trap the scum.

Most likely, most of us will sense motive him. That way, we can figure out our alignments quickly.

Also, anyone who sense motived Crazy should step up.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:12 pm

Post by Porkens »

iLord wrote:WTF no Quotes?!
You need "x" around the name of the person you're quoting.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by iLord »

Porkens wrote:You need "x" around the name of the person you're quoting.
Yeah, I got it.

By the way, I don't think I said whatever you quoted.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

The more nights, the more information. As there are more townies then scum, as time goes on the growing information will outnumber the adverse affect of a nightkill - because a nk always does the same thing, while information is more and more useful as time goes on.

I believe the math that says a random lynch is better than a no lynch is pertinent here, so I'll go ahead and
vote:Crazy
. If a no-lynch is actually effective in this situation, please post the relevant math and I'll switch my vote to a no-lynch. But, really, I'd like more information before I speculate. I'm going to play it townie, as I'm more likely to be a townie then scum (4/5 chance townie, 1/5 chance goon) but I'd like to be sure before I finish figuring this all out. A second night could do that.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Jshark
Jshark
Townie
Jshark
Townie
Townie

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:20 pm

Post by Jshark »

I'm really not feeling this wagon on Crazy I have reason to believe that he is town and considering the fact that there are at most three scum on this wagon I suggest that town please avoid this wagon. I have reason to believe that Skitzer is against the town and I feel that if we lynch him we will better know where we stand. If Skitzer is scum then me and Crazy are cleared while if he falls town then the town will be close to a quick win. I'm taking a chance by siding with Crazy this early, but I really feel that from I've read that we are town and this would make Skitzer scum.
"When the chips are down these civilized people will eat each other....you'll see....I'll show you"- Joker, The Dark Knight
Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:28 am

Post by Verbal »

I'm tending to agree with Jshark here on this one; I don't see anything scummy in Crazy's play, and I think you're all reading too much into his initial post.
Jshark wrote:I have reason to believe that Skitzer is against the town and I feel that if we lynch him we will better know where we stand.
This is an interesting stance to take. I'm going to roll with this for a moment; assume we do lynch Skitzer, and he flips scum, then we have one scum down, and it's a start for town. Assuming he flips town, we can then lynch Jshark and then we're also down one scum.
Jshark wrote:I'm taking a chance by siding with Crazy this early, but I really feel that from I've read that we are town.
To be honest, the only player who could be acting genuinely scummy at this point is the Godfather - everybody else might be town, and should be acting in the interests of the town. And the Godfather would not suggest something like this, as it's too risky; if Skitzer is lynched and proves town, he then dies on day 2, bringing town that much closer to a win.

However Skitzer does not have to be the lynch target; does anybody else have any suggestions?
Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:59 am

Post by Verbal »

EBWOP: I'm also not suggesting that Skitzer be lynched today. I was just using Jshark's example.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:25 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Jshark wrote:I'm really not feeling this wagon on Crazy I have reason to believe that he is town and considering the fact that there are at most three scum on this wagon I suggest that town please avoid this wagon. I have reason to believe that Skitzer is against the town and I feel that if we lynch him we will better know where we stand. If Skitzer is scum then me and Crazy are cleared while if he falls town then the town will be close to a quick win. I'm taking a chance by siding with Crazy this early, but I really feel that from I've read that we are town and this would make Skitzer scum.
o_O

Did you even read how the setup works? Did you? How can ANYONE "act town" or "act scum"? NO ONE KNOWS. (Well, if someones lynch target died, they know they have at least a good chance about being Godfather.)
And "if we lynch skitzer we'll know where we stand?" No, no we won't. It's no reveal on lynch. Please, read the rules.

My guess is, you've sensed skitzer, got an opposite result, and now want lynch him. But instead of reading the set-up, you wanted to present other reasons, forgetting that we are playing Sense Motive.

For the record, I picked Crazy because I just want to go to night so the townies can begin to assemble information and I'm pretty sure that a random lynch is better than a no-lynch.
Verbal wrote: This is an interesting stance to take. I'm going to roll with this for a moment; assume we do lynch Skitzer, and he flips scum, then we have one scum down, and it's a start for town. Assuming he flips town, we can then lynch Jshark and then we're also down one scum.
Verbal wrote:And the Godfather would not suggest something like this, as it's too risky; if Skitzer is lynched and proves town, he then dies on day 2, bringing town that much closer to a win.
Hai. We is playin Sense Motive. No one "flips" anything.
Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:38 am

Post by Verbal »

hitogoroshi wrote:Hai. We is playin Sense Motive. No one "flips" anything.
Forgot about that, bah.
Verbal
Verbal
Goon
Verbal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:43 am

Post by Verbal »

hitogoroshi wrote:I'm pretty sure that a random lynch is better than a no-lynch.
Having re-read the rules (:oops:), this looks more or less correct to me. The Godfather won't be acting deliberately scummy, which makes picking him out difficult on the first day. Random lynch is possibly the only way to go.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:13 am

Post by xyzzy »

Just wanted to make this clear, since it's not explicitly stated in the rules (sorry! will fix):
you must lynch every day.
Sorry for not making that clear in the ruleset from the beginning >.<

votecount 1-1skitzer: Jshark
Crazy: Porkens, iLord, hitogoroshi

Note voting:Crazy, skitzer, Shepherd_of_Wolves, kabenon007, Verbal, Bogre, Musher333

Tags fixed, as per request.
Last edited by xyzzy on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:18 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I voted Crazy, mod. And since no lynch is not an option, and there's no information for anyone to go on, any bickering will just help scum here. Sorry, Crazy, but you got left in the random lurch.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:34 am

Post by xyzzy »

fixed.