Kaname Date
Kaname Date
Goon
Kaname Date
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Kaname Date »

Hayasaka, i'm interested in reading this guideline to gamesolving as a group.
I wish... that Mizuki will grow up healthy and happy.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:24 am

Post by MariaR »

VC 1.2Gamma Emerald (4): Hayasaka, PookyTheMagicalBear, Not_Mafia, Daenerys and Dragons
Not_Mafia (1): Ampharos
Venus Mars and Pluto(1): tris
DoctorPepper (1): Kaname Date
Daenerys and Dragons (1): BrightEyedFish
Not Voting (5): Venus Mars and Pluto, DoctorPepper, jjh927, Flavor Leaf, Gamma Emerald

Deadline is in (expired on 2020-09-03 14:33:01)

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 to fade away
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 301, MariaR wrote:
WHO TOOK MY PAGETOP
Please remove the moon from the thread title
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Kaname Date
Kaname Date
Goon
Kaname Date
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Kaname Date »

i am so very sorry Maria.
I wish... that Mizuki will grow up healthy and happy.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:46 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 298, Hayasaka wrote:
In post 293, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:DnD

want to be massons with me?
Do you think being masons with the gladiator is a health and safety risk :(
We are already masons together Hayasaka
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:16 am

Post by tris »

In post 299, Kaname Date wrote:
In post 213, Ampharos wrote:re: Date's mindset on defending the neighborhood as actually being extant

Wolves can townside or scumside with mechanical information just as they can with their reads. A townsiding wolf is probably looking for maximum mechanical accuracy in order to try to buy towncred; a scumsiding wolf is just... not gonna make those posts. Let town lead themselves down the rabbit hole to their death, if that's what they're gonna do.

I PERSONALLY prefer to mechanically scumside as a wolf whenever possible, and thus my gut instinct is to lend Date some mild towncred for making a post that it's really easy for a wolf to just Not Make... but at the end of the day, it depends on what sort of player Date is. Which is not something I'm familiar with.
i realize that knowing my main would not help, given if i understand correctly, you don't really play on ms.
but i've never been able to lie about my own mechanical beliefs as scum, though that's just my personal style. it
is
sometimes useful given an unfortunate tendency for players to associate having similar mechanical beliefs with being the same alignment. in my experience it takes rare skill to successfully argue for and use a mechanical stance that actively hurts town.

though, as i write this i realize that in my last scumgame, we were forced to argue for mechanical decisions that benefited us explicitly... so i guess i'm full of shit. still, it was a much more dramatic situation than whether or not neighbours exist in a game.

anyways, i didn't like Pepper bringing up the possibility while not actually appearing paranoid of tris and Ampharos. at least, of off memory. it seemed unecessary.
this is spot on. i'm this way too. i have agree with what i'm saying on some level to be comfortable saying it as mafia which i know is a weakness. which is why i don't tend to townread people just for having a good philosophy towards the game. there's gotta be that spark of harder to fake town thought process.

i consciously try to stop myself from townreading people just because i like what they're saying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

i'm at a point where i need to go back and look at each player individually. i found myself getting a bit unfocused on recent posts. so we'll see what comes of that.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:19 am

tris do you want to join us in the masonhood
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Hayasaka
Notice me senpai
Why did you shade me like you did
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by tris »

In post 305, tris wrote: i'm at a point where i need to go back and look at each player individually. i found myself getting a bit unfocused on recent posts. so we'll see what comes of that.
actually forget it, changing approach
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by tris »

In post 306, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:tris do you want to join us in the masonhood
i think that's up to you
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:17 pm

I first must determine if you are pure of heart and mind
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by tris »

In post 294, Kaname Date wrote:
In post 269, jjh927 wrote:I'll take tris, Kaname Date, Gamma Emerald, Hayasaka, and Ampharos for town right now
well, jjh has my vote.
of confidence.
why does this town list give you confidence in jjh? it looks mostly like a list people who have been actively around aside from those who are shitposting and FL?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by tris »

In post 310, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:I first must determine if you are pure of heart and mind
good
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:22 pm

Answer this question truthfully Tris,

"You see a crying child and an middle aged woman crossing the road - a car is speeding across the way - one of them will be hit - who do you save?"
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by tris »

In post 296, Kaname Date wrote: they do have a really, really good handle on the mindsets of players, even correctly reading my cautious "why's that" to tris when she voted me early on
as
caution. because of course i did think she'd merely misunderstood i was kidding, but i wanted to be sure it was that and not lead her answer.
this has been my observation as well. i thought her assessment of me in 140 was spot on.

[/quote]i'm surprised to have gotten vocal support on the Pepper vote. that really was spaghetti flung at the wall to the highest degree, but at the same time there hasn't been anything else i've felt too strongly about.[/quote]
for my part, i wasn't sure where to go so i decided to fling my spaghetti right next to yours to make it more potent.

i'm actually a bit bothered by the lack of wagons (aside from the gamma one (which i am no longer agreeing with)). does anyone else want to vote venusmarsandpluto with me? continues to bother me.

pedit: but how would i know for sure that one of them WILL be hit? i guess i'll choose the child
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:31 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 285, tris wrote:i need to take a closer look at my neighbor now. i have some biases floating around her in either direction which i don't think are actually related to her alignment. i need to see through that with a clear head
I wouldn't mind fading a neighbor. But if that neighbor flips town then I can't sleep until we we flip the other one.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:25 pm

Post by Hayasaka »

Sorry today was DnD so I didn't have time to play.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by tris »

BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 285, tris wrote:i need to take a closer look at my neighbor now. i have some biases floating around her in either direction which i don't think are actually related to her alignment. i need to see through that with a clear head
I wouldn't mind fading a neighbor. But if that neighbor flips town then I can't sleep until we we flip the other one.
but why? we could both be town, which is of course what i want to figure out.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 300, Kaname Date wrote:Hayasaka, i'm interested in reading this guideline to gamesolving as a group.
I mean I consider the following to be a basic strategy, particularly for large themes it's effective.

Find a few very strong town reads you can trust maybe 2-3.
Consolidate on a large number of town reads.
Determine who is scum in the POE.

People can't do this because they don't understand that removing scum from your POE temporarily in step 2 isn't the end of the world, you can be wrong just as much as someone else can be. You can call one a strong sucm town early and kill scum PRs. You can town bloc scum and recover if you know how to adjust.

Trick is to go back to step 1 and not step 2 when you repeat on future days. Scum will typically neglect buddies because they think they can solo win or think having them in the POE won't matter. So either you bloc scum and they bus for you or you catch them later on when you see faulty reasoning / progression.

I think people don't think about improving how they approach the game, they only focus on their reads.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 307, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Hayasaka
Notice me senpai
I chainsawed Amy, you could say I am doing something wrong but it would the opposite of a shade.
So to answer that question I think you are targetting what you believe to be a low hanging fruit. Ampharos + that avi is far more likely to be a unique ID compared to me who is a clear alt.

Rest of this player list seems decent or is Not_Mafia who isn't pushable day 1 beyond a very late PL.

You admitting to grasping onto something doesn't make me feel better about it. Maybe I can improve my read down the line if you are town I do have time to figure this out and I'd rather solve top-down then bottom up. Tends to lead to better reads. But having a preference to top-down solving isn't going to stop me from seeing something I view as off and acting on it.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 317, tris wrote:
BrightEyedFish wrote:
Both can be town for sure. But I wouldn't want that possibility hanging over my head come late game.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Hayasaka »

I apologize in advance to whoever I gladiate day 1.
I'll try my best to make an informed choice but with no wagons and a large number of slots feeling kind of MIA it's going to be hard. :/

I might have to ignore the upside to my role and gladiate late at the current rate which would really suck.
Hayasaka
Hayasaka
Goon
Hayasaka
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:39 pm

Post by Hayasaka »

In post 317, tris wrote:
BrightEyedFish wrote:
Elaborate for me my pirate friend.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 319, Hayasaka wrote:
In post 307, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Hayasaka
Notice me senpai
I chainsawed Amy, you could say I am doing something wrong but it would the opposite of a shade.
So to answer that question I think you are targetting what you believe to be a low hanging fruit. Ampharos + that avi is far more likely to be a unique ID compared to me who is a clear alt.

Rest of this player list seems decent or is Not_Mafia who isn't pushable day 1 beyond a very late PL.

You admitting to grasping onto something doesn't make me feel better about it. Maybe I can improve my read down the line if you are town I do have time to figure this out and I'd rather solve top-down then bottom up. Tends to lead to better reads. But having a preference to top-down solving isn't going to stop me from seeing something I view as off and acting on it.
I'm also having trouble getting any SRs. I have a few TRs right now but scum is playing smart or laying low.

My current Town leaning block is:
tris
Amp
FL

Everyone else is null as I don't feel strong enough to SR anyone.

UNVOTE:
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Aug 22, 2020 6:45 pm

Post by tris »

In post 322, Hayasaka wrote:
In post 317, tris wrote:
BrightEyedFish wrote:
Elaborate for me my pirate friend.
the fish is saying that, for example, he'd want to fade me if Amy flipped town, but i think that's insane. under that logic, i might as well assume Amy is mafia right now.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”