PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:51 am

Post by PokerFace »

chenhsi wrote:What bridgekeeper? I didn't get visited by anybody.
SpyreX wrote:And we did not claim the same night action - that was part of my questioning about her claim. She said she was a roleblocker. I am a redirecter/limited lightning rod.
Is it possible that one of you is lying about your role and that both of you actually have the same ability?
if I view you in isolation and search for darla i only find your last post. This is the only post Chenshi comes close to discussing them both being the same thing, but he does not say they could both be scum.
PokerFace wrote:
@chenshi,
who do you suspect. Alot has gone on, I'd love to know what you are thinking. Who do you believe is scum? And what do you think of those voting you?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Azimuth »

Things are busy lately; I don't have time today to post in depth, but with PokerFace so insistent I can answer his one question, which was already half answered anyway. (If there were other questions from him somewhere else I missed them.)
PokerFace wrote:
@Azimuth,
you said these earlier
Azimuth wrote:I can't help but think that people who reveal their roles too eagerly should be attacked, first with bombs and rockets to destroy their homes, and then when they run helpless into the street, mow them down with machine guns. And then, of course, release the vultures.

I know these views aren't popular, but I have never thought of popularity.
Azimuth wrote:I have to believe that at least some of those who have revealed themselves did so because they thought they would be able to catch mafia, and maybe some of them think they have done so, but I don't quite see it for now -- possibly because I still don't have all the information that they do. I don't want to fish for more information, though; at least a few folks around here should keep their ways mysterious.
Why the change in heart on those with restrictions? I got no problem with anything else from you I'm just wondering what particular game elements led to a change in yelling at those who wanted to say things too accepting it.
You are now the third person who has taken that post way too seriously. I've explained this before: it was (I believe) my second post in the game, in the first few days of the game, and most of it was a verbatim Python quote. While it's true I was puzzled by some of the early role revelations, the notion that the post could be viewed as some sort of serious, hard-cutting analysis is baffling to me. I certainly wasn't "yelling," anyway.

As for the second post, I don't view it as a change of heart. I'm basically saying that even if people revealed themselves because they thought it would help, I don't think they succeeded. I allowed that maybe it was because I don't have all the information, but since I don't want to fish for more info, the notion is moot. As such, I don't consider that post to be "accepting" of the revelations. From my point of view, I don't feel helped by them...at least for now.

More to come some other time (including answering imaginality), but things are busy in my life so please don't hold your breath. If I truly disappear for 72 hours that will be one thing, but otherwise we don't need a reminder every few hours regarding who has responded to whom.
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:04 am

Post by strappado »

Just letting you guys know I'm still here, just been busy with life and replacing into a 24 page game. I should have a chance to read through what I missed and post tonight.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:24 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

pokerface wrote: I just viewed all your posts in isolation, chenshi. Maybe you thought it but you definatly didn't say it.
One can only hope that there are
many
things that chenshi thinks but does not say.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:44 am

Post by strappado »

Well, I caught up, but I dont really have much else to say.

continuing my discussion with Pokerface - I wasnt making an insincere "OH NOES" post at the start of the day, I think we were 2 maybe 3 pages in, I dont know and it doesnt matter, but we were a good ways in to the day and conversation was stalling and I said (truthfully) that I missed Mirth - as she was an instigator and pushed the game forward. Elvis_Knits agreed that she also missed Mirth, do you think that was suspicous?

Other than that - I think this chenhsi crud has continued way too long, it's on the verge of ridiculous. I DEFINITELY dont want to be caught in end-game with him. My luck, it'll be me, him and another player who just wont lynch chenhsi because "He's always quiet!" and "Lurking isn't a scumtell". I really think I'd lose my mind.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Does anyone have a scum list they wish to share. Please state who your top 3 scum are and why. Just would be nice to here something beside Chernshi for lurking so damn much all the time.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:46 am

Post by strappado »

chenhsi
azimuth
K7 (meh, only for want of a 3rd, not 100% on him)
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Chenhsi, Azimuth, Internet. Stated reasons prior, chenhsi's getting scummier continuously.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:56 am

Post by farside22 »

Mine are:
Azimuth
Internet
TSPN

I have many reasons why on all three of them a page back for those interested. I know LG also wrote up a long list as well. Strapp why do you feel the 3 on your list is scum?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

I am formally requesting a list from
everyone
. Including YOU.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:30 am

Post by imaginality »

Mine:

K7
chenhsi
Azimuth.

The Internet would be 4th.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:43 am

Post by farside22 »

imaginality wrote:Mine:

K7
chenhsi
Azimuth.

The Internet would be 4th.
Why those 3 people. Don't make me ask everyone this question. I want everyone to post there 3 suspects and why!!!
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:53 am

Post by imaginality »

My reasons for K7 are the ones I gave in post 1055, my reasons for chenhsi, Azimuth and The Internet are in post 1050. And in the case of Azimuth his posts since then come across as trying a little too hard to paint the picture of him as a helpful townie trying to keep up with a fast game, which is why I listed him above The Internet.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:56 am

Post by farside22 »

imaginality wrote:My reasons for K7 are the ones I gave in post 1055, my reasons for chenhsi, Azimuth and The Internet are in post 1050. And in the case of Azimuth his posts since then come across as trying a little too hard to paint the picture of him as a helpful townie trying to keep up with a fast game, which is why I listed him above The Internet.
Sorry I had missed that. Thank you.
Question in regards to K7 do you think he is scum with PF since he question PF about his night action?
I have my own thoughts on this and want to hear from imagine on this please.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:17 am

Post by imaginality »

No, I don't think PF is K7's scumbuddy - PF definitely seems town to me. (If I had to guess between neither of them being scum, or both of them being scum, I'd guess neither.)

I don't think K7 is lying about his night action: for K7, as scum, to have the night power of sending one player to track another, seems suitably unusual and I can easily believe shaft.ed might give him that role, especially after seeing Iron Man flip town it seems like something shaft.ed might do.

For K7 to question PF in the way he did seems more likely something scum would do (thinking that getting their night action confirmed will help clear them from people's suspicions) rather than a townie (revealing their power role before they had to). That combined with the other points in post 1055 is why I think K7 is scum.

Am interested to hear your thoughts about it.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by farside22 »

K7 looks pretty suspect to me. I believe his role claim and power, but not his alignment.

Things that stand out:

- lurking most of Day 1
- hammering DBE without reason and before Iron Man could claim
- post 669 and 705 basically say "I hammered DBE because she was scum" which is not an explanation and doesn't answer Mirth's question of why he didn't wait for Iron Man to claim. He didn't answer that, or Mirth's other question about how his lurking could help town. And now Mirth's dead
Just a quick thought on what you said.
1) the problem with K7 is no matter his alignment he is not very talkative.
2) I know many a time scum has hammered their scum buddy and K7 comment looks suspect
3) I don't think K7 answer many question directed at him for long periods in any game I have ever played with him.
Yes I hate meta and unfortunetly some people are null tells because of the reason above. It doesn't mean scum to me or town when it comes to K7. I don't ignore him mind you I just have a grain of salt and dig it into a wound so I focus on some others that ring my scumdar.
The thing with K7's claim however i could see it as potential for scum or town. A role that watches someone that see someone else target them is a very interesting role. I don't know if scum could have been given the role. The fact that K7 question PF about strapp I would say not scum buddies for sure. Does K7 seem scummy on paper. Yes, but he is low on my list as cherhsi is because I see scum using people like that to vote on to help themselves.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by PokerFace »

farside22 wrote:A role that watches someone that see someone else target them is a very interesting role. I don't know if scum could have been given the role. The fact that K7 question PF about strapp I would say not scum buddies for sure. Does K7 seem scummy on paper. Yes, but he is low on my list as cherhsi is because I see scum using people like that to vote on to help themselves.
I'm going to clarify something, since part of what farside said looked confusing, even to me.

K7 used his coconuts to send me tracking strappado. I do not believe he claims to have seen where i tracked her to. if he could see where his tracker tracked the other target to, he would know where Mirth tracked Gurgi to last night.

K7 wouldn't have needed to say this:
killa seven wrote:Poker what action did strappaddo do last night?
I didn't see what action Strapp (Character Watching), but I did see who she targeted (which is what tracking does) and the the person she targeted was SpyreX. (I still don't know if its cause SpyreX drew Strappado or not, but regardless the end result told me Strappado went to SpyreX)

K7 is esentially a "whispering tracker". (This is the name I have heard it called before. Yes, thats right, I have seen his role before in other games on IRC. I don't know if shaft.ed calls the role the same thing or if he saw it himself in another game, but esentially i grasp what it is K7 does because I have seen it before. After all, I said before I could guess his power, character, and alignment from the action that hit me. I got the power right and guessed the wrong character. I can guess but got no gaurantee on his alignment.) Also again I say I didn't know it was K7 that sent me until he said that previous quote, and that would fit my previous experience with "whispering trackers". The target doesn't straight up learn who sent them.

I'll post my three person list later on. Considering what has been said so far and what I'm still waiting on, there are still some things I am considering.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by farside22 »

Sorry PF that is right. The coconut thing throws me off. :P
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Muerrto »

I'd have to say:

K7
Chensi, Azimuth, Internet, TSPN(lurkers)

Now those 4 aren't just lurkers, they have done some things that have raised eyebrows but K7's claim just doesn't add up with IM's confirmed ability and I DON'T see scum blocking IM when there were plenty of other already claimed targets.

I'd also like to throw back this question and get everyone to chime in on the cult. Most people haven't said anything and 2 people in particular have said that they're almost sure there's no cult...that makes me suspiscious.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

I must say that I'm beginning to see a pattern.

Albatross!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Muerrto wrote:I'd have to say:

K7
Chensi, Azimuth, Internet, TSPN(lurkers)

Now those 4 aren't just lurkers, they have done some things that have raised eyebrows but K7's claim just doesn't add up with IM's confirmed ability and I DON'T see scum blocking IM when there were plenty of other already claimed targets.

I'd also like to throw back this question and get everyone to chime in on the cult. Most people haven't said anything and 2 people in particular have said that they're almost sure there's no cult...that makes me suspiscious.
A cult can exist and finding earlier than later is best. I don't quite have ideas to find it myself. if you got some ideas feel free to shout them out.

Also muerto on day 1 only a few people really aluded to what they were. It was day 2 that we had such a huge claiming spree. Roles that claimed day 1
Bruce - Claimed bruce but not his skill - He was nightkilled and never said he was cop
SpryeX - claimed limited lightning rod
Gurgi - Claimed albatross and said his night action was taken via PR penalty
Ironman - claimed anouncer no skill given.

No one but SpyreX really gave a skill. And no one else really full claimed then unless you want to count me being the hungarian tourist. Scum killed and blocked two skills. skills that weren't claimed. Gurgi's skill was already nulled out. the only skill they left unanswered was SpyreX unless i am forgetting to count someone that claimed day1.

Aside from being blocked, it is also possible Ironman did not get his action in on time, which i brought up, and it is also 'slightly' possible K7's targets randomly went to what they orignally were.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by imaginality »

My take on the cult:

It's possible that there's no cult and shaft.ed threw the Cult Unrecruiter role in there to lead us astray, but I don't think it's likely. If I had to guess, I'd say that the Spanish Inquisition are the cult, and that they can kill on even nights and recruit on odd nights (or perhaps have the choice of which they do each night), which would explain why there were two kills night 1 and one night 2. Certainly flavour-wise, it makes a lot of sense for the Spanish Inquisition to be the cult.

If it's a scum group (Evil Egocentrics) and a serial killer, then they either double-targeted Mirth night 2, or there was a roleblock or doc save or something. Personally I think scum + cult is more likely, but I haven't played in other games shaft.ed's modded, so I'm drawing these conclusions just based on the flavour and events in this game so far.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by Muerrto »

PokerFace wrote:A cult can exist and finding earlier than later is best. I don't quite have ideas to find it myself. if you got some ideas feel free to shout them out.

Aside from being blocked, it is also possible Ironman did not get his action in on time, which i brought up, and it is also 'slightly' possible K7's targets randomly went to what they orignally were.
Yeah, you're right about the claiming, but IM already said he put in his action and since he was town I'm gonna assume he wasn't lying.

I'm still not sold on Spyrex.

As for the cult I've been putting Spyrex up there as #1 suspect for 2 reasons: he's a duplicate claim which is EXTREMELY weird in a theme game and he's also quite sure there's no cult even though he can't explain why we have an un-recruiter.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:38 pm

Post by PokerFace »

EBWOP: for clarifications sake

No one but SpyreX really gave a skill. And no one else really full claimed then unless you want to count me being the hungarian tourist.
So scum potentially could have
killed and blocked two skills. Skills that weren't claimed. Gurgi's skill was already nulled out.
Assuming scum can block and did, the
only skill they left unanswered was SpyreX unless i am forgetting to count someone that claimed day1.

Saying scum wouldn't waist their possible block power on ironman doesn't seem like a big factor to consider. its basically wifoming a skill we don't know whether or not scum have.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Simul post, I agree. I thought there were more claims day 1 but I came to the game in the middle of it.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”