Open 84 - Fire and Ice Mafia - Game Over!

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:07 am

Post by Cephrir »

forbiddanlight wrote:Is that to me on Eldritch or to Eldritch on me?
I was QFT'ing you.

---

Eldritch Lord (2): forbiddanlight, orangepenguin
Snix (1): armlx
mik5 (1): Cephrir
forbiddanlight (1): Eldritch Lord

Not Voting (4): ChubbsMcLubbs, mik5, Scigatt, Snix
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Well we sure are an impatient town for one with 2 mislynches in the past 2 days. But since you guys got your knickers all bundled up, here it goes. Look, forbiddanlight, I cannot make the cases the same--they are not. Mine is a lack of judgment in trusting Snix (something that has happened before)--where yours is as of yet unexplained. They are not similar, your case is a milder case of mine--and not nearly as suspicious, but I'm certainly not going to vote for myself and no other player really has anything for me to go on.

And logically, if I feel I have nothing else to go on from any other player, and know that I am not scum--then looking for even the mildest hypocrisy becomes a valid option.

Whenever I see a confirm vote, it strikes me as deflecting (HAI ROOK GUISE, I'M VOTIN FER HEM REMEMBER?!)

Okay Mr., lets look at this:
Forbiddanlight wrote:Let's see, maybe it's the fact that even in joke voting, you give a reason, no matter how bullcrappy. Most of his contributions have been "vote" "vote" "awwww" (when he got voted) "Nice one, vote". So, I actually agree with a vote:Chubbs

(4th doesn't bring him close to lynch, does it?)
You quickly drop a vote and throw down a 4th vote on a bandwagon Day 1 Page 3 for not explaining his votes enough. Still, your explanation is pretty weak for a 4th vote, imho. I missed Post Identity 206-I like this post. Still, your Day 2 play is pretty weak, I don't see you making a strong case against anyone and as the day gets more and more serious you indulge in a conversation regarding the greatest rock opera of all time. Perhaps not a scumtell, but it certainly doesn't make you the most helpful town either.

I just don't see how you can criticize me for the first two days of my play when yours are almost just as bad. I feel I'm missing something, I may double-post.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:10 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

You quickly drop a vote and throw down a 4th vote on a bandwagon Day 1 Page 3 for not explaining his votes enough. Still, your explanation is pretty weak for a 4th vote, imho. I missed Post Identity 206-I like this post. Still, your Day 2 play is pretty weak, I don't see you making a strong case against anyone and as the day gets more and more serious you indulge in a conversation regarding the greatest rock opera of all time. Perhaps not a scumtell, but it certainly doesn't make you the most helpful town either.
I was barely around for day 2 really to say much. I also wasn't on that failwagon on Geddings. I WAS going to go back through on Geddings and see if I agreed or not, but after I said that someone dropped the hammer. As for D1, L-4 isn't that worrysome, IMO. (I didn't know it at the time, I admit, but still, this game had to be at least 8 to lynch being a large game). You go with what seems scummy. It's the same reason I switched to Joubert after his little game. I wish he had explained himself better rather than lurked his way to death.

Whenever I see a confirm vote, it strikes me as deflecting (HAI ROOK GUISE, I'M VOTIN FER HEM REMEMBER?!)
Why would I deflect at one vote? Quite frankly, I wish I could have voted you again. I'm not trying to start a new case that's not mine when I'm in danger of lynch. That seems to be what you are doing.
Well we sure are an impatient town for one with 2 mislynches in the past 2 days. But since you guys got your knickers all bundled up, here it goes. Look, forbiddanlight, I cannot make the cases the same--they are not. Mine is a lack of judgment in trusting Snix (something that has happened before)--where yours is as of yet unexplained. They are not similar, your case is a milder case of mine--and not nearly as suspicious, but I'm certainly not going to vote for myself and no other player really has anything for me to go on.
Alright, tell me where I've followed so I may explain it. You had your followings pointed out with a rather unsatisfactory explanation. If you really think you can catch scum in me, you should probably try to play the same card.

And logically, if I feel I have nothing else to go on from any other player, and know that I am not scum--then looking for even the mildest hypocrisy becomes a valid option.
Granted. I still suspect you. Is there really no one else suspicious?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:10 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I just don't see how you can criticize me for the first two days of my play when yours are almost just as bad. I feel I'm missing something, I may double-post.
I missed this. I can because it wasn't as bad as yours, and the supposed "badness" of my play is rather subjective.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:10 am

Post by armlx »

Unofficial Vote Count.

Snix- 1 (armlx)
EL- 2 (FL, OP)
mik- 1 (Cephrir)
FL- 1 (EL)

5 to lynch, if your name isn't here I did not see a vote from you.

I haven't seen anything to convince me otherwise about El/Snix yet.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:51 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

@armlx: Why do you prefer Snix to EL?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:40 am

Post by armlx »

His stance towards Chubbs.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Ah. Since this has severely halted, I think I'll just do a re-read, and see who I find scummier of the two. I think theres a big chance that there's scum lurking though, and not actually posting. (and I'm not talking Snix/EL)
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by Snix »

armlx wrote:
His stance towards Chubbs.
That stance being?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by armlx »

That stance being?
You voting him, and you auto voting him D2 only to jump on Ged to put him at L-1.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by armlx »

Just so you know,
I will be away from Thursday till Sunday
Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Wizardcat »

Just a quick something:

I'm sending out mass-prods, even to those who have posted recently. It's just my way of determining who is active, as I've finally returned full time to the Internet after completion of computer repairs. I apologize for any undue trauma this may cause. On a more pleasant note, you'll notice that the vote counts are finally up.

Please inform me if I have missed something; I mostly looked for bolded stuff.
[align=center][color=purple][i]"The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats."[/i][/color][/align]
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:14 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Prod picked up, hoping that some of the other players show up so we can work out if we are going for EL, Snix, or the comical third option.
-StrangerCoug

Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Snix »

oh dear god the prodding hurts.

If you'd note the vote on Chubbs was a pressure vote to get him to post more. He had disapeared durring day 1. And the geds wagon had reason behind it, most of which was put there by you.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Snix »

EBWOP: that was in response to Armlx.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by armlx »

And the geds wagon had reason behind it, most of which was put there by you.
Reasoning to straight up quick lynch him though? I don't think so.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

armlx wrote:
And the geds wagon had reason behind it, most of which was put there by you.
Reasoning to straight up quick lynch him though? I don't think so.
Well, you had every opportunity to remove your vote, why vote if you think a person isn't worthy of being lynched?

In b4 pressure- since saying that defeats the purpose of voting pressure and just makes it easier for scum to quicklynch. I find your build-up and then accusation of Snix just as scummy as Snix's actual vote-flop.

FoS: Armlx & Snix
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by armlx »

Well, you had every opportunity to remove your vote, why vote if you think a person isn't worthy of being lynched?
This is false. Look at the thread, look at my posting records. I went off line at about 3 pm on the day the lynch happened with 2 votes on Ged. I came back 24 or so hours later to a Ged lynch. I actually had no time to change my mind, and pretty much no one did thanks to you + Snix.
I find your build-up and then accusation of Snix just as scummy as Snix's actual vote-flop.
Why? I am scummy for noticing someone was late on both QL wagons?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:09 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Prod..picked up? I might as well post though.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Armlx--don't vote unless you're prepared to lynch, that was the point, don't dodge it. Especially if you think that a lynch is possible and you know you're going to be gone for a good period of time. Besides, your "I wasn't there" argument doesn't hold up, you could've been /threadstalking. Sorry, I don't buy it.

Your vote counts toward the final count just like everyone elses'--granted the QLs were a mistake, but they WERE partially your fault--stop dodging that. It seems you're getting more and more defensive--its only one FoS.
-Napoleon I
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Hi, I was just kinda wondering, are we still playing this gmae? And also, EL, voting has more purposes than lynching. Pressure votes do occur. I know I've used them without intent to lynch and gather information. Also, your last post feels a bit OMGUSy towards armix.
-StrangerCoug

orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

forbiddanlight wrote:Hi, I was just kinda wondering, are we still playing this gmae? And also, EL,
voting has more purposes than lynching. Pressure votes do occur.
I know I've used them without intent to lynch and gather information. Also, your last post feels a bit OMGUSy towards armix.
QFT
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Cephrir »

Not feeling especially compelled to move my vote.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Either am I.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:13 am

Post by armlx »

Eldritch Lord wrote:Armlx--don't vote unless you're prepared to lynch, that was the point, don't dodge it. Especially if you think that a lynch is possible and you know you're going to be gone for a good period of time. Besides, your "I wasn't there" argument doesn't hold up, you could've been /threadstalking. Sorry, I don't buy it.

Your vote counts toward the final count just like everyone elses'--granted the QLs were a mistake, but they WERE partially your fault--stop dodging that. It seems you're getting more and more defensive--its only one FoS.
EL, I was prepared to lynch, but usually there's actually a discussion sequence that corresponds to the lynch.

And gone for a long period of time? 24 hours. That is all I was gone for.

Your "thread stalking" argument is bull shit. I'd have to be watching this thread for 12ish hours without posting anywhere else on site.

My vote was partially responsible for the LYNCH, but not the QUICK. That is your and Snix's fault, hence my vote.

Your attempting to paint my responses as scummy using the term "defensive" is also noted.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”