Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:48 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1521, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:
In post 1513, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1499, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:VOTE: Norway
Can you guess why I vote here?
Better not be a blind vote.
Explain reasoning or I will yeet you to the grave
If you ISO me and read my last ~5 posts, it should become obvious that the vote is an attempt to get attention from Norway.
I like you.
Maybe i’ll pay attention to you from now on. :)
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

ignore
Last edited by ManateeDude on Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
manatee not-a-dude (manateegal or just manatee works!!)
purgatory is in hell phase 2
I Keep Siteflaking
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:52 pm

Post by I Keep Siteflaking »

Let me try again then.
VOTE: Norway
In post 1428, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Me and Nero are both town that scum have been consistently trying to paint as scum for petty reasons. Calling it now for bragging rights later.
Who isn't Glitch and pushes you and/ or Nero? Is there anything else scummy about them? If you make a case I promise to vote there, to help you get support.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1527, I Keep Siteflaking wrote:Who isn't Glitch and pushes you and/ or Nero? Is there anything else scummy about them? If you make a case I promise to vote there, to help you get support.
I’m not gonna make any cases right now.
But i think Stan1ey hasn’t been looking too hot. Their scumread on Nero just doesn’t fit for me.
I wanna sheep Hiraki right now tho.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:15 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 3, ManateeDude wrote:
Day 1 starts now and will end in (expired on 2020-08-24 16:00:00)
In post 1442, ManateeDude wrote:Deadline: 4 days, 22 hours, 30 minutes
Were we given a deadline extension?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1380, SJReaver wrote:Nero Cain is the only person left on the stanley wagon. Let is go, dude! If you're town, put your vote somewhere useful.
I'd argue that it was proactive to get off a Glitch wagon that wasn't going to happen and see if there was traction on someone else that I'd rather lynch.
In post 1380, SJReaver wrote:VOTE: Fwesnid

This is some low hanging fruit
If you think Fwesnid is LGF why would you ever vote it? Or do you like not know what that term means?
In post 1422, Almost50 wrote:The fact you're overreacting to my single vote on you speaks a thousand words
hey! I got pushed for this very same reason, despite not actually making that argument. I wonder if Glitch will scum read a50 now?
In post 1435, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Alt hunting is scummy.
its not but its kinda dumb.
In post 1441, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Anyone advocating a glitch elim at this point is scummy.
:?

Glitch is still scum but he made a decent (imo) fake claim he won't be getting lynched. We all realize this including me who is the biggest advocate for a Glitch flip. It's just that the timing of this post is so odd. Its like you are stuck 8 pages behind.

In post 1438, superbowl9 wrote:scum is forced to claim something that will force their death at some point
Glitchs claim can be used to explain why he'd be left alone. "Well, I said I was useless until n4."
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:04 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

The thing i don’t get is, if we all think his claim was fake. Why are we letting him off the hook? For the vague chance that he’ll be town pr that’s left alive for 4 days and scum won’t just rolecop/kill him until then? And arguing that we should lynch him is somehow scummy in itself? Honestly, some of you guys sound like the biggest noobs regarding this situation.

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

not really scumreading Superbowl but I feel like is "you had a reason for not wanting to vote Fwesnid but if he flips scum then it shades you!" feels super manipulative to me.

Also, his argument that Fwesnid is more telling than Glitchs flip seems p odd to me. While being wrong about a flip doesn't necessarily denote mafia anyone that had any kind of defense against a Glitch lynch would, FMPOV at least, look like a possible Glitch buddy. SB sorta premtivly agruing against that seems a bit sketch to me.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't think that many people think its fake though.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:08 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

VOTE: Glitch
Can we PLEASE just lynch this.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:10 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Glitch didn’t crumb their role, the claim was super convenient, vague. And the way they went about it was obtuse and awkward.

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

like it would be a p big coincidence that we wagoned a guy that has a role that's not useful for 3 days but they do happen. But others need to realize just how :igmeou: his claim is.

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:11 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And if anyone thinks it’s scummy to react to how wtf his claim truly is, then git gud ya freaking plebs.

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

@ mod
I maded you a vote count!

With 21 alive it takes 11 to eliminate

Fwesnid (4): superbowl9, NoPowerOverMe, Town looter, 72offsuit
72offsuit (4): Marshmallow Marshall, Fwesnid, Bell, SJReaver
NorwegianboyEE (3):Almost50, I Keep Siteflaking, JacksonVirgo
Glitch (2): Titus, NorwegianboyEE
Nero Cain (2): Glitch, stan1ey
alisae (2): Hiraki, Pickaxe Pete
stan1ey (1): Nero Cain
Town looter (1): ralph217

Not Voting: Lapsa

Deadline:(expired on 2020-08-24 16:00:00)

Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:29 pm

Post by Marshmallow Marshall »

In post 1349, stan1ey wrote:heres some examples of actual misreps :D
In post 612, Nero Cain wrote:or wait, maybe im wrong.
In post 559, Glitch wrote:If I SR you because of your play, and SR Norway because of his play, it is optimal to apply pressure, not to speculate blindfolded on a possible scum alliance. I am certainly not, in a game this large especially, going to speculate on players playing scum together right off the bat on D1.
he seems to be hinting that he thinks I was bussing norway. it's still weird mostly.
In post 614, Nero Cain wrote:but it's said in such a roundabout way that it's just kinda ambiguous
glitch says he is not speculating on players being scum together. nero you say that he is hinting that you are bussing norway, which would suggest glitch is speculating you are both on the scum team - practically the opposite of what he said
In post 1173, Nero Cain wrote:Glitch today, stan tomorrow
In post 1174, stan1ey wrote:what about nero today, superbowl tomorrow?
here i copy nero setting up a chain lynch. pretty sure this is very obvious that meant to be a parody at nero's expense and not serious, considering i posted it straight after he did in the same format, and was poses as a question to him.

if anybody wants to say that they misread it or the parody went over their head, then ill say thats fair as i cant prove otherwise. but saying this..
In post 1202, Nero Cain wrote:Stan is just as guilty as I am, although he later backs off b/c he's trying to look townie.
.. is taking twisting the truth to the next level.
100 % agreed about the last quotes. It's ridiculous, and no matter if some people like Norwee think that Nero is in his town meta, Nero is at the very least
wrong
here, if he's not just scum. I guess the potential attempt Nero made to reevaluate Glitch is rather towny here, though.
Norweegian:
I'm changing your name to Marshal Zhukov after watching that video.
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:30 pm

In post 1361, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1358, stan1ey wrote:but now suddenlty youre claiming "no no i wasnt misrepping him i just misread it"...? yea dont think so
eh. it might make me look bad and there is a theory that town should lie about things so they don't get in hot water but I rather tell the truth.

but saying that I misreped Glitch on purpose is ??? b/c why would I ever intentionally do that as scum?
Um, to get him lynched, which nearly happened? Lol
In post 1362, ralph217 wrote:norwiege and sjr are towm im sure of it
In post 1363, ralph217 wrote:VOTE: loot nothing i like
Please elaborate.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:33 pm

In post 1370, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 1367, Nero Cain wrote:eh...

I think a Glitch flip would say more about me but even then the "if X flips scum/town then that means Y is scum/town" arguments are bad.

but that's not enirely accurate. I said I didn't like how town looter fence sat on him then voted him. I've looked @ his ISO a few times and I'm just not seeing him as scummy. Why should I be voting him?
I think a glitch town flip would actually say very little about you, since you very easily (almost probably) are just town with a bad target/case of tunnelling. Glitch being scum would give you town points, although a bus for early towncred is not impossible here. However I don't really think a glitch flip really says a lot about anyone else in the game.

I usually agree that info flip arguments are bad but for the fwesnid wagon I kinda just chose them semi-randomly out of the lower post count section of players. For you to disagree with that wagon so strongly and it to flip red I think would seriously shade you. However if it goes green that gives you real townpoints because it's such an easy ML to go along with. This would also tell us about me, town looter, Reaver, everyone who had some type of reaction to the wagon before my it would be a good info flip post.

You don't have to vote if you don't want to but I just see nothing getting done by that slot and awkward post timing with

Pedit: here you are Cain I was working on that one and ya sniped
I agree with the Fwesnid infolynch possibility here and with the reasoning given. Superbowl is actually towny, dunno what happened in the early game.
Norweegian:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So vote Fwesnid if you think he's scum.

Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:42 pm

In post 1424, Almost50 wrote:I am
confident
I caught Scum!Norwee here. Please vote him with me
So let's sum it up. You think Norwee is scum because:

- he is not happy about you voting him
- he voted Glitch and then said he should claim when he was getting close to being lynched

This isn't very compelling lol.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:44 pm

In post 1542, Nero Cain wrote:So vote Fwesnid if you think he's scum.
I never said I thought him to be scum. He's certainly not doing anything towny though, so I'm considering doing it. Still dislike how you're making normal things look scummy or wrong (I said I liked the idea of an infolynch on him, and you just go "vote him if you think he's scum").
Norweegian:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

i percieved it as more of a swipe against me and you intend to vote him in the hopes that he flips scum.

I Keep Siteflaking
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
I Keep Siteflaking
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:49 pm

Post by I Keep Siteflaking »

VOTE: Glitch
Nero is not happening today. Who else do you want to lynch?
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:50 pm

In post 1448, Fwesnid wrote:
In post 1276, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1265, Fwesnid wrote:I think it's townie the way glitch phrased his claim.

VOTE: 72offsuit
They're the much worse half of the continuous argument with reaver that got overshadowed.

is avoiding the reason reaver scumreads offsuit and instead asking for specifics of a tangent of the argument.
Is popping in right as you are getting wagoned a scum thing or just no?
In post 1278, superbowl9 wrote:Yes that is scummy jackson
Apologies for not doing the clearly townier option of not posting when a wagon forms.

In post 1282, Town looter wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 384, Fwesnid wrote:
In post 62, SJReaver wrote:
In post 60, Fwesnid wrote: Yes there are exactly 16 town, and exactly 5 mafia of one faction.

Full and odd-night vigilantes should almost always be shooting night 1. X-shot is pretty situational.

superbowl's two recent posts ping.
Actually answering my question. Thanks!

Why do the posts 'ping?' That's pretty ambiguous.
They seemed unnatural to me.

In post 85, Town looter wrote:
In post 60, Fwesnid wrote:
@Mod It should be 11 to lynch, I'm voting for Bell while Glitch is not, and superbowl is voting for Glitch.

In post 11, SJReaver wrote: This is my first game out of the newbie forum. Question: "The townvmafia numbers are confirmed to be 16v5," so this is definitely two factions? No worrying about more than one mafia or a serial killer?
Yes there are exactly 16 town, and exactly 5 mafia of one faction.

Full and odd-night vigilantes should almost always be shooting night 1. X-shot is pretty situational.

superbowl's two recent posts ping.
I might be chasing at shadows, but how do you know there is only one faction? The information that I can see specifies 5 mafia. Does that specifically exclude a group of 2 and a group of 3?
This is a weird question if you've read the op.
It states a 16v5 not a 16v3v2.

In post 144, Town looter wrote:For me it's because I threw a tiny amount of shade at superbowl as a bit of a reaction test and got two small nibbles.
And it's inherently scummy to agree with you because...?
Maybe I'm missing something but that's how I interpret it.

In post 354, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I'm currently town on both Nero and Norway, since their play reminds me of their towngames. NPOM is prob town too, but shouldn't be listened to
My top townread is catscratch since this is voicing what I was thinking while reading though wasn't very confident on.
I'm also just liking their posting in general, specifically the questions she chooses to ask.

@Glitch I was the other person who took the 'bait' by saying
In post 60, Fwesnid wrote: superbowl's two recent posts ping.

This post of Fwesnid's pinged as town for me, especially the last bit where he tells Glitch he (Fwesnid) is the other person I was SRing. I feel like scum would've probably ignored this.

That being said, they are definitely avoiding a lot of contribution. And their other game (where Fwesnid was scum), they were about the same in terms of activity (very quick skim). Hmmm...
I don't really get why you're thinking activity level is gonna be ai? Like I'm obviously not gonna come out posting many times a day since I wasn't before.
In post 1365, superbowl9 wrote:Unfortunately nero i think you are allowing stanley to look town here

But if we go with fwesnid Who nero just opposed for like no reason that flip will help us figure out nero for sure and in turn a lot of other stuff. Fwesnid is good for info and LAL even if you dont see scumminess
I'm not being wagoned for scumminess but rather for info.
The info I am being wagoned for is future tense as in generated by the wagoning.
This info generated which the wagon is currently standing on is "towniest player in the game is not sold on him being scum."
Did I miss anything?
In post 1425, Bell wrote:Are you trying to save fwesnid here.
Imagine trying to make dead air.
This is horrible. Fwesnid is moving the accusation from the legitimate "popping in immediatly when you get voted is scummy [because it implies that you were here but chose not to post in order to lay low]" to "you should have chosen to remain silent instead", which is obviously not the point JV was trying to make. It's very, very hard to believe that this topic corruption was unintentional.

The rest of the post is highly unimpressive.

VOTE: Fwesnid
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:53 pm

In post 1450, Fwesnid wrote:
In post 1449, Bell wrote:Imagine writing a wall full of nothing but pointing out the obvious while forgetting to look at who on his wagon might be scum.
Superbowl and IKS is what I'm leaning towards.

Struggling with sorting offsuit/superbowl interaction though.
IKS doesn't have much in ISO outside of dowels.

That would require some explainations.
Norweegian:
Marshmallow Marshall
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Marshmallow Marshall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:55 pm

In post 1451, Bell wrote:That's not much different than what you had before your wagon.
In post 1453, Bell wrote:To look at who's votes felt most unnatural, which player's reasons sucked the most, etc.
You said you felt kind of stuck/lost earlier. That still the case?
In post 1457, Bell wrote:@fwesnid, try shaking them a little. Like a tree. Like this.

"Why are people voting Fwesnid, why are you not voting Fwesnid and somebody else?" "If fwesnid isn't scum who is/who is scum on his wagon?"
If Fwesnid flips scum, this is looking very good for Bell. Why? Simply because that's the kind of coaching you do in scum chat, not in the game thread lol. The only logical and not very weird possibility here is that Bell is genuinely trying to figure Fwesnid's alignment out, assuming scum!Fwesnid.
Norweegian:

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”