Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

The only concern I have with Llama's role at the moment is that it could be a very good way of getting the mafia to avoid night killing you. After all, if it benefits them in LYLO then why would they kill you when they could kill someone else and possibly get lucky?
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by RestFermata »

Inspector Godot wrote:The only concern I have with Llama's role at the moment is that it could be a very good way of getting the mafia to avoid night killing you. After all, if it benefits them in LYLO then why would they kill you when they could kill someone else and possibly get lucky?
So with the restriction, the mafia's less likely to NK you, yet the town's apparently more likely to lynch you.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:32 pm

Well, lynching Llama is kind of a waste. Sure, he brings us closer to LYLO but if you go after him instead of a scummy person then isn't it kind of the same thing? Although with that mindset giving the post restriction to a Mafia member seems like a brilliantly evil thing to do.
Wins/Losses
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:53 pm

Post by RestFermata »

I agree with you there. I think we should focus on lynching scum. If we play our cards right as town, Llama is the least of our concerns.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by RestFermata »

EBWOP. As far as him being Mafia, yeah, you're right, it'd be harder to catch him because there'd be no suspicion placed on him simply for not being NK'ed. But we can still look for scumtells just like anybody else. No one's exempt. But that's obvious, no breakthrough logic here...
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:51 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Xtoxm wrote:I don't think gobo is scum, he looks very good to me.

And my suggestion did (does) make copius sense, as his presence, if town, move the day we reach lylo forward by one. So lynching him is no loss AT ALL. Either that, or he is scum. But for some reason you guys don't like it.
1) What makes you think that gobo is not scum? I know I need to do another reread, as I am falling behind yet again (sorry about that), but from what I have seen of gobo I haven't found anything that screams town.

I am interested in hearing his response to RF's posts, as I hadn't taken great notice of the initial claim and comments provided by goborage, but the information brought to the surface with post 111 and 117 does make the situation stand out more than it did before.

2) Lynching LF could indeed be a loss to us imo, for what I have observed of him thus far indicates that he could be a major proponent in analyzing the posts of others and identifying suspicious actions. While he doesn't have a vote, he still is able to observe, and that can be just as valuable as a vote later on.

Lynching him Day 1 simply on the grounds of him having a posting restriction still doesn't make sense to me, for there is still time for us to try to get more information out of today and lynching him will not necessarily provide us with anything that will assist in scum hunting tomorrow. If he flips town that would be one free NK as several players have already pointed out, and Day 2 could very well be just like Day 1 depending on the outcome.
RestFermata wrote:EBWOP. As far as him being Mafia, yeah, you're right, it'd be harder to catch him because there'd be no suspicion placed on him simply for not being NK'ed. But we can still look for scumtells just like anybody else. No one's exempt. But that's obvious, no breakthrough logic here...
QFT. Scumhunting makes much more sense to me than lynching someone over post speculation Day 1. As RF stated above, no one is exempt from analysis and investigation, and even those who have restrictions can exhibit scum tells.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:48 am

Post by farside22 »

Meg: Everybody! Guess what I am?
Stewie: Hm, the end result of a drunken back-seat grope-fest and a broken prophylactic?

vote count:

Inspector Godot 1 vote: (thinktank)
Xtoxm 2 vote: (kmd4390, Elvis_Knits)
kmd4390 1 vote: (goborage)
Elvis_Knits 3 vote: (Inspector Godot, xtoxm, babygirl)
Gorborage 2 votes: (RestFermata, LlamaFluff)

Not voting:
Crub
GhostWriter
kloud1516

With 12 people it take 7 votes for lynch
Day 1 ends August 25th, 4:00pm PST

dalt has not picked up his prod. He has till tomorrow 08/12 9:00am PST to post are will be replaced.

Prodding
Crub last post 08/06 10:35pm
Last edited by farside22 on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Xtoxm »

One thing I hadn't considered, thinking about it. LF has some kind of power other than being a voteless townie. I guess it's possible, but don't think it too likely. I think he should be made dead by tomorrow at the latest because even if he's not scum he's going to screw the town over.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:29 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Why are you pushing for this so hard? If Llama is a voteless townie, lynching him only puts us at D2 no further from LYLO than we are right now. It also gives the scum a free NK. Unless you think his claim is false and he is scum, I don't see why you would push for his lynch.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:51 am

Post by RestFermata »

Yes, I agree with Kloud. I want to hear more from xtoxm about why goborage looks so good. Is it just because they agree with each other?
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Crub »

Sorry I'm not intentionally lurking, just really busy at the moment. I need to re-read before I post anything substantial.
Moo?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by farside22 »

Prodding goborage last post 08/08, 9:57pm
Last edited by farside22 on Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Crub »

Ok here are my thoughts:

Xtoxm - Either he knows too much about the setup (very concerning) or mis-understands the term LYLO.
FoS:Xtoxm

Kmd4390 - I get a townie read from him.

Goborage - Why aren't you posting content? When he said "being Cleveland was coincidence" he was obviously referring to the fact that when he was quoting Cleveland was just coincidental and didn't point to him being Cleveland.

kloud1516 - Making good points, I get a townie read from him too.

Inspector Godot - I'm not too sure about him, leaning townie atm.

LF - I'd prefer not to lynch LF because I being scum without a vote, seems like bastard moddery to me. Pretty much confirmed town for me.

thinktank - Needs to post more, but pro-town when he does post.

Dalt - Very suspicious, No content + bandwagon vote. IMO the scummiest person here.
FoS-Dalt

babygirl86 - Unsure about her, leaning town

RestFermata - Has some good points, but is pushing too hard IMO. Anyone who starts quoting dictionary definitions get's a big
FoS- RestFermata
Stop being difficult please.

GhostWriter - I get a townie read on him.

Crub - Lurker -> definitely needs to post more!

vote: dalt
Please Post Content!
Moo?
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:16 am

Post by thinktank »

Xtoxm wrote:One thing I hadn't considered, thinking about it. LF has some kind of power other than being a voteless townie. I guess it's possible, but don't think it too likely. I think he should be made dead by tomorrow at the latest because even if he's not scum he's going to screw the town over.
Way to go.

FoS: Xtoxm
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:20 am

Post by babygirl86 »

xtoxm- you are pushing waaaay too hard for this lynch to happen, and its obvious it't not going to happen- at least not day 1. What are your thoughts on dalt, who quite a few others believe to be scum? I looked back in posts, and imo it does look like an unofficial claim, however do we really know what a claim of cleveland could mean? my vote stands
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:37 am

Post by RestFermata »

Goborage, not dalt, is the one with the possible claim.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:09 am

Post by babygirl86 »

yea i know.... sorry- i made that post when i was still half asleep and didn't include every thing i meant to say- dalt def. needs replaced so that we can get farther into the game. goborage's 'claim' has me thinking what kind of role cleveland could be
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:51 am

Post by thinktank »

babygirl86 wrote: goborage's 'claim' has me thinking what kind of role cleveland could be
That's not very pro town you know.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:53 am

Post by babygirl86 »

how so?
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:15 am

Post by thinktank »

Staying away from speculation such as that is generally a good thing because

A) Its just speculation. Whats the point? There is no evidence backing up anything. Lets all follow Occam's Razor and not make any more assumptions than we have to.

B) Because its only speculation. At best it does nothing to help town because there's nothing really in it that town can use to find scum. At worst it helps scum cause randomness in town, reduces scum hunting and also brings us closer to a deadline and a mis lynch.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:06 am

Post by farside22 »

Dalt has not picked up his prod. I'm am getting a replacement as we speak.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 am

Post by kloud1516 »

thinktank wrote:Staying away from speculation such as that is generally a good thing because

A) Its just speculation. Whats the point? There is no evidence backing up anything. Lets all follow Occam's Razor and not make any more assumptions than we have to.

B) Because its only speculation. At best it does nothing to help town because there's nothing really in it that town can use to find scum. At worst it helps scum cause randomness in town, reduces scum hunting and also brings us closer to a deadline and a mis lynch.
I am in agreement with thinktank here; it is going to be in the town's best interest to avoid getting wrapped up in speculation. As thinktank has already stated, we have no factual evidence of any kind that could serve as an indication of alignment based on a player's character role. Because of this, tossing out possible theories will only assist in keeping the town from scum hunting, as trying to prove/disprove possible theories will simply serve as distraction, which can then open the doors wide open to WIFOM down the road.

Neither added distraction or possible manifestation of WIFOM are going to help the town hit scum, but will greatly assist scum blend in and create paranoia among the town.

I know that this post probably seems redundant considering that it precedes thinktank's explanation, but I thought I would add on to the reasoning. :D
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:41 am

Post by farside22 »

Like cartoon magic Dalt turns into Elvis_knits. Just like any good TV show no one even notices.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:57 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Yay! I wanted to be in this game and missed the sign-ups. I'll give a read and make a post tomorrow or possibly tonight.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:02 am

Welcome Elvis.

Goborage, hurry up and comment on whether or not you claimed Cleveland.
Wins/Losses

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”