Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:50 am

Post by Isis »

You were Marksman? You? Surely not. There's no way. Oh my. It was so hidden.
ok I can't do any better than that
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:51 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 999, Isis wrote:apocalypse D1 was disgusting
tbh I attribute that more to Ank than myself
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Danncharisma is a given with that fancy suit.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:01 am

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

In post 694, Dannflor wrote:Actually, I don't really understand why I'm seemingly high on everyone's town list
In post 696, Dannflor wrote:
In post 317, Cthylla wrote:clidd
Hayasaka
Cthylla
Isis
Dannflor
Walter
Norwee
Green Crayons
word321
In post 645, Cthylla wrote:clidd
Dannflor
Hayasaka
NorwegianboyEE
Walter
Isis
Green Crayons
I'm skimming so I may have missed some of the reasoning why, but I'm unsure how I got above Hayasaka here while having made 0 posts in between.
In post 705, Dannflor wrote:Isis/Hayasaka are still my top two town reads after finishing reading D1

I lean towards heavening Isis. I am closer to 100% confidence on Hayasaka than I am on Isis so heavening Isis is slightly better fmpov. I'm also more suspicious of slots that are like "I don't really wanna go to heaven but I guess I will ladada" than Isis who is just like "yeah I wanna go to heaven."

clidd seems vaguely towny maybe? I need to read more of D2 but I think it's better for judgement day if we're sending townies we think want to go and solve from heaven.
In post 722, Dannflor wrote:
In post 716, Green Crayons wrote:As for Isis, I think walls upon walls is a good scum tactic but recognize that posting style isn't a sure-fire scum tell.
btw yes walls can be a good scum tactic in that a lot of people like to look at walls and lazily assign them as town because *effort* = town or something

but I think timing and motivation count a lot here

specifically Isis coming back in after she had already been posting a lot and the thread had died down early D1 to do a catch up post on things she hadn't responded to leans towny timing and motivation to me. It wasn't an organized reads list or like "hey everyone here is everything I've learned now, I am town and have good make sense progression," it just seemed to be Isis having more thoughts about the game and wanting to get them out there
In post 763, Dannflor wrote:
In post 760, Green Crayons wrote:the surface level slight doesn't have legs. I think you're scum. I think scum would WIFOM a teammate into their heaven pool. Because I can't figure out who that'd be between clidd and Dann, the safe play is to not have either of them go to heaven. There are other good heaven candidates.
I don't necessarily think heavening scum at this point is the end of the world

I think the last run of this setup started with a D1 town hell and a D2 scum heaven and town ended up winning

But it needs to be a slot that probably isn't getting helled otherwise

This is why I favor Isis but maybe more people scum read her than I realize?
In post 812, Dannflor wrote:I keep thinking Isis might be scum but I think I am never going to make up my mind completely so I should just trust that my original gut on her was correct and that if I'm wrong heavening her is probably better than leaving her to win the game by sending me cat pictures
In post 873, Dannflor wrote:
In post 870, Isis wrote:
That doesn't make any sense, there would be people to sheep in the game thread.

there is putting yourself into roles that are optimal for you
and then there is risking heavening scum, which is akin to helling town
I think town!you knows that the latter is an overbearing consideration but scum!you likes having a colorable argument that lets you lamist around a bit

putting infallible in quotes wasn't meant to suggest your own strength you're extolling is read accuracy, it's to point out that all of it is so uncertain it's just really bad
yeah

I think you are right and I am wrong

I was putting too much weight on judgement day needing to have super solver pants mc solver there because I compare the heaven thread to the dead thread in Vengeful Ghosts and the judgements that happened in that thread required triple digit pages

but I don't think anyone here was in that game so that means nothing to anyone

anyway I was wrong
In post 876, Dannflor wrote:
In post 737, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I just thought of something, what if Cthylla and GC is scum theatre.
After all, this game mode is all about anti-associations between scum.
this post has stuck in my brain for a long time but I decided it's probably not SvS

at least, I don't see it making sense unless a consensus town read like Hayasaka or clidd is scum, which I find unlikely
In post 947, Dannflor wrote:
In post 944, Isis wrote:This isn't hard.
I mean you literally said norwegian's "good town strategy" of not wanting good town players to go to heaven was backwards? I interpreted that to mean that strong town players should go to heaven.

Instead you actually just meant that solving occurs both in thread and heaven and the strength of players shouldn't be a factor? sorry if I seem obtuse I think my brain is just stuck on this or something
In post 967, Dannflor wrote:I keep throwing Norwee/Walter together in all my solves and that feels lazy but I am having a hard time imagining that two out of GC/Isis/Cthylla are mafia

These were some of the quotes that stuck out to me while looking at Dann's iso
There seems to be self recognization and willingness to change an opinion on someone that seems natural.
Dann also questions why he is such a high town read on cth lists.
He also thinks about noerwee posts as maybe not being s vs which I agree with.
There seems to be some spew also on isis that seems to come from a town perspective I think.
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:01 am

I messed up the tags .
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:03 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1004, WaltertheDunce10 wrote:I messed up the tags .
You mean perfected them? That looks real cool.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Dannflor »

I also want to have emo-dark-text
WaltertheDunce10
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:10 am

It does look cool now that I look at it, not what I intended to do though.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Isis »

In post 998, Cthylla wrote:
In post 989, Isis wrote:
In post 987, Cthylla wrote:
In post 958, Isis wrote:
I also kind of scumread him the more I come around on Hectic, not because "half the 1v1 must be scum" but because I think Hectic is better at mafia than I used to, not sure whether his skill changed or my perception only.
what do you mean by this? I've been playing better here than you're used to so it's towny of me?
No, I mean just before this game started my opinion of you is higher than it was just before, say, Fusion started. So the delta between rand and something you're scumreading is more meaningful than it used to be, if you're town, which I am leaning but isn't a given.
I thought it needed clarifying since the last time I remember commenting on your skill was trashing it but now that I think it should have been pretty transparent that I was giving your opinion plenty of weight in chieve f3. So maybe the marker wasn't needed.
I seeee. Out of interest, what'd you think of my play as Marksman compared to here?

Also, could you explain why you're now leaning towards me being town? I was bottom of your reads on your last list a while ago.
Crossfire was busted for town in a different way from how Purgatory is busted for town, and that was a very different playerlist, so I don't feel surprised that I don't feel like Crossfire tells me much. As an impression, in crossfire I think it seemed like you would very frequently suggest a topic of discussion, and bring something up, and it was generally a topic that would be advantageous for the scumteam if it became the center of attention, irrespective of yea/nay outcome. This game I think you've more frequently been just talking about whatever it was people were talking about which is +town.

My opinion has because your reads match mine more than much of the thread (pivot point would be GC) and when someone seems like they're doing lots of scummy things and also lots of townie things and their reads all match mine I think on balance it's town.
There's also, I joked about townreading me for having fun, but I think I'm at about 4/4 players calling out that aspect of my play as being town, and beyond the blind empiricism it makes sense that it could be town indicative. It looks like the fakest reason ever to townread someone and for the audience of people that don't have that as part of my meta or just don't subscribe it looks like bad pocketing or protecting a partner.
And t looks even worse if I up and say "actually I'm not having that much fun but I wish I was Hectic", which this game at least I think it could be up in the air. I don't think it would actually be damning for a player to be mistaken, but I think scum!you or scum!anyone would think it feels kind of damning and like their read is rendered even faker
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:16 am

Post by Isis »

now that I think about it it's possible it's 4/5ish and a certain scum may done it I should look
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Isis »

uh oh bad news
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:19 am

Post by Isis »

but now i'm already confbiased how to fix
"Well, I..."
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Cthylla »

In post 1000, Isis wrote:
You were Marksman? You? Surely not. There's no way. Oh my. It was so hidden.
ok I can't do any better than that
It was meant to be super stealthy lul, I didn't change anything about my playstyle. I assumed you figured it out in-game
P͜h'ngl̶ui̡ mg͏l̕w̵'̢n̶afh ̨C̵t̀hu͝lh͠u R̷'lýeh͘ ͞wgah'nagl ̵fhta͝gn.͠
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Cthylla »

In post 1009, Isis wrote:
now that I think about it it's possible it's 4/5ish and a certain scum may done it I should look
In post 1010, Isis wrote:
uh oh bad news
Yeah, I pulled that read out on you in reservoir dogs lol
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Isis »

Oh I had found someone different doing it, I didn't remember you in particular doing it, now you've really gotten yourself

but now there is the WIFOM about tattling on yourself

Why are you the way that you are?
"Well, I..."
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:30 am

Post by Cthylla »

shrug

Being an Eldritch Horror Abomination has it's lows points, but we really pride ourselves on our honesty. We'll be really upfront and transparent about it when we're brainwashing and killing you
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Isis »

Are you sure you wouldn't pretend to be an angel for personal gain?
"Well, I..."
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Cthylla »

In post 961, Morning Tweet wrote:"ɎɆ₴, ₥Ɏ ĐɆ₳Ɽ. ₮Ⱨł₴ ł₴ ₩Ⱨ₳₮ ł₴ ฿Ɇ₴₮ ₣ØⱤ ₳ⱠⱠ Ø₣ Ʉ₴. "
I am jealous. I want to know how you generated this text effect, MOrning

I'll pay you with 3 compliments if you tell me
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:33 am

Post by Isis »

Spoiler: Cthylla who has lied to me
"Well, I..."
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Cthylla »

If only I spend 3000 thousand hours playing Magic rather than Hearthstone before I quit... then I could get these references

I am always an angel at heart, I will feel bad about it even when I kill you
Cthylla
Cthylla
Goon
Cthylla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Cthylla »

Why aren't you having that much fun this game, Isis?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Isis »

Gisela isn't available on MtGArena actually, they haven't implemented cards as far back as her yet.
I have a really good story about her but Narset is gone which is why everyone's heaven strategy was terrible.
I made legend at Hearthstone this month
"Well, I..."
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Dannflor »

Didn't we agree angels were bad and demons get a bad rep
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Isis »

I'm having lots of fun this game. I was making a hypothetical earlier
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Isis »

No there has been no agreement! only awful people continuing to equate it with scum!

Gisela is bad because she's an angel, I'm accusing Hectic of being bad.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Open Games”