Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

PF is 100% correct on my entire Post Restriction Status.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:38 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Flavorless Vote Count:

chenhsi
(5) strappado, elvis_knits, SpyreX, TheSweatpantsNinja, Lord Gurgi

The Internet
(1) farside22
killa seven
(1) imaginality

Not Voting:
Pokerface, killa seven, Muerrto, Azimuth, The Internet, chenhsi

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch or No Lynch
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by farside22 »

@PF: Trust me when I say I am not looking for you. See my post in regards to the internet on more of what I am trying to say.
As I said with Muertto right now my read was inconclusive. That means he isn't really scummy, but not exactly clear either. Just someone I have an eye on.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

pokerface wrote: Explain why you went back and forth on Luigi and the two taunter principle? Those are your #7 and #8 posts so your change of heart looks like an effort to go with the rest of the flow considering what everybody had been saying since there was no definite proof luigi was faking. Only a possibility. If you are going with the flow and not giving your own opinions then you are scum. Also I know your vote didn't count here because you forgot to unvote, but this still lookslike a big flipflop.
I changed my mind on LG because joking seemed like a reasonable explanation and I didn't have anything else on him.

I changed my mind on spyrex because of the
investigative result on him.
That was fairly compelling.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by strappado »

@PF no hypocracy - Chenhsi said "OH NOES, Mirth died *gasp*, well atleast it was only one this time [/insincerety]" right at the beginning of the day, it's pretty typical for scum to wake up and comment on the NK being "unfortunate" etc.
What I said was further in to the game and it wasn't expressing sadness at the NK per se, just the lack of Mirth as an interrogator/instigator. I miss her instigating, it moved the game along. Completely different, no comparison, but nice try.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by PokerFace »

@Strappado,
Well it still felt off to me. What do you think of how I see chenshi as an SK but not part of a scum group? I admit his lurking and participation levels are maddening. He was pressured by mirth for content so I found is comment as practical bragging under the guise of insincere sympathy.

@Ninja,
Well what I was exactly asking was how you began to consider there possibly being 2 taunters during the day when you voted Darla. It came off as going with the flow since Darla and I think a few others were begining to consider the idea. Basically I wanted to know why you would vote her and change your mind like that. Did you realize you weren't voting her? I'll look back later on but I'd like to know who all first accepted the possibility of there being two besides you. And pending on whether SpyreX is or is not scum with Darla I imagine I could find 980 reasons why that would be relevant. Yay I'm probably exagerating (I can only come up with 971 there :lol:, yay no one gets that joke or reference huh?), but still if SpyreX really isn't scum with Darla I want to know who all followed suit with Darla and considered there being 2 taunters. That idea was un-heard of and considered preposterious by me and a few others day 1. If someone beats me to looking back I want to know who all considered the idea. I would suspect those people being with darla since the idea of 2 taunters still seems a little irational to me.

As it stands I'm still waiting on SpyreX confirming this:
PokerFace wrote:
@SpyreX,
So you say the spainish inquistion would be part of a mafia known as the Egoscentirc characters OR that they are and SK. corect?
and I'm waiting for Azimuth, K7, and chenshi to react to my last post. Others can react to it if they please too.

Got another question for Gurgi before I call his hand. Answer it best you can I don't have a format to suggest here.
@Gurgi,
You lost your night action as your last penalty. Does that make sence and fit with a restriction that does not reset each day? Can you make sence of it?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

I can't make heads or tails of it. PF's awesome.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by killa seven »

got prodded will post tommorow its real last, just posted a huge post in another game.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@SpyreX, So you say the spainish inquistion would be part of a mafia known as the Egoscentirc characters OR that they are and SK. corect?
I think the Spanish Inquisition would make sense, flavor wise (as their role AND as how the kills went down) as an SK. They could be just part of the maf, but I think it makes sense as them being the SK.
Um...someone had the role of 'cult un-recruiter'...can you explain why we WOULDN'T have a cult please?
Well, to me, the role of cult un-recruiter doesn't make sense. Let say there was your standard cult, and once you were in the cult you knew the members, etc, etc. Wouldn't one member being un-recruited ruin it for the cult entirely; the next day the un-recruited member would just give the names of everyone else and they would either be hung or voluntarily be de-culted. (I played a lot on Epic Mafia, and this was the EXACT problem they had with Masons / Cult - I have never had cult in a forum game).

As for killing OR recuriting - I had no idea, so if that IS the case, then sure, instead of an SK it could be cult. I'm not going to freak out about cult until we get more concrete evidence of it.
K7's action on PF makes sense but IM using his action(confirmed) doesn't. Could scum have a role blocker? Yes. Would scum pick IM to block over all the other choices available since everyone had claimed day 1 already? No. Just no.
This quote reeks of trying to use WIFOM to push suspicion on K7.
The rest is just lurker hunting which I normally like but with a growing cult and multiple scum running around I think lurker hunting is a good way to make the town lose quickly.
I would be surprised if there was a cult, sk and maf. You, yourself, said that the rest is lurker hunting - what about active players?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:34 pm

Post by Azimuth »

Just wanted to say that I'm still here. I know imaginality and PokerFace have asked questions of me (maybe others too?); I'm not ignoring them but I had to deal with another game and now must go to bed. Sorry.

Please no quicklynches this week, even if it's chenhsi; I know we don't have to take all five weeks but no reason to hurry either. Thankfully no one else has adopted Mirth's posting rate, or I don't know when I would be able to catch up fully.
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:22 am

Post by elvis_knits »

imaginality wrote: elvisknits

Just one minor quibble - you said:
I never voted for DBE because it would have been the hammer and people were asking not to end the day yet.
Not true, it would only have been L-1 if you'd voted at the time of the post farside quoted (post 560).
I didn't realize that. There was some confusion with the bruce voting, I think. I knew that there were more votes on DBE than were actually showing up, and I was a little unclear exactly how many there were. People kept telling the mod that the VC was wrong and he was saying it was right. It was a little unclear.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:30 am

Post by elvis_knits »

PokerFace wrote: 3
B
) From "You are what you eat"
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 88#1079688
Why did you say albatross then? That game was over before this started. shaft.ed had to finish that game to earn modding privaleges for this one.
I was in YAWYE and I didn't remember that LG posted albatross. I don't like that one bit.

That means that either:
1) Mod gave LG his role on purpose (aren't roles usually random?), and maybe even created that role for him (which is sort of a no-no, isn't it?)
2) Mod creating that role and giving it to LG is a BIG coincidence.
3) LG is a faker.

I guess 1 or 2 are possible, but 3 is looking awfully plausable.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:38 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Albatross!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

If you follow that link and check Gurgi's other posts on that page you'll see that gurgi did it in three posts there.

@Gurgi,
I actually got 2 more questions for you. I'll ask them separatly in different posts so you ain't got to worry about double posting. Bruce said his pregame violation was ok because it was pregame and all so they were allowed. Are you allowed to mess up during pre-game or during twighlight or any other time like that?

I assume Bruce told the truth of being allowed to break things during pre-game earlier since he died and came up town and it is a townie's responsibility to tell the truth whenever possible.

If you are never allowed to mess up in pre-game or twighlight, Gurgi, then say:
Albatross!

There is no time I am allowed to mess up.

Albatross!
If there is a time you can messup then please specify.

@Imaginality,
Please do not acknowledge this post. Bruce is dead so there is no need for you to confirm anything here and you probably shouldn't that would kinda be rule breaking and I don't want to see any modkillings. So ignore this post please.

<<Still waiting on comments from K7, Azimuth, Chenshi, and whoever. I'll probably look back and get a list of who considered the idea of 2 taunters during day 1 shortly.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:59 am

Post by PokerFace »

Actually make that 4 times, only three are the first three are on same page as the link to the first occurance. There is a fourth one on a later page.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:00 am

Post by farside22 »

PF: I really don't believe that LG is faking claiming.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Wasn't told that I could. Bruce's seemed like retroactive ruling.

Albatross!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well you should probably try and find Gurgi out. Shaft.ed is V/la on weekends so if we went into twighlight it would be cool to have a full conversation and what not. :lol: . I don't think that would be rule breaking or something shaft.ed would kill us for.

Also its not that I think he's faking farside. I just want to pin him to a set story. Since I believe Darla came up as faking I basically want to make sure no one else tries it. This game is silly as it is and I would like to be able to understand at least something by the end of the day. After all Bruce turned up Town so we know he was not faking and that restrictions can exist. So I am willing to believe Gurgi has one for now.

And besides, anyone seen Gurgi act scummy yet? Yay that's what I thought.

@Imaginality,
again you know the drill. I don't want to see any mod killing which is another reason why I was nice enough to suggests formats for Gurgi and what not.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:09 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

pokerface wrote: @Ninja, Well what I was exactly asking was how you began to consider there possibly being 2 taunters during the day when you voted Darla. It came off as going with the flow since Darla and I think a few others were begining to consider the idea. Basically I wanted to know why you would vote her and change your mind like that. Did you realize you weren't voting her?
No, I didn't. . . um, why wasn't I voting her? Apparently I still don't. Regarding the taunters, I definitely thought the most likely possibility was that darla was just trying to establish a fake claim. I thought the second most likely possibility was that darla and spyrex were actually scum together, but, again, the investigative result changed my mind on that.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:02 am

Post by PokerFace »

You forgot to unvote and so your vote never counted back then ninja. I'll accept your answer for now and move on. But I'm still going to make a list of who all said that just for my notes purposes because something tells me I should keep this info in mind. Should someone notice me leaving some off one of the lists or making a mistake please correct me.

Those that said 2 taunters is possible:

Strappado - began to consider it post #361 and after me, Gurgi and mirth discussed things she unvoted in #374. Wanted Chenshi lynch over a darla lynch #536
Darla - #387
Ninja - #438 he had previously made an uncounted vote on her. in #347. In 499 he says he is down with lynching darla while his vote is not on her.
Inernet - #505 said "we" had considered the idea and found it too silly when really only some others had discussed it and he just got off V/la and didn't discuss it with everybody else

Those that said Both Darla and SpyreX could both be scum:

Luigi - Pushed the idea strongly
Mirth - Pushed it weekly as a possibility
Jordan - Pushed it weekly as a possibility
Me & Bruce & (I think) Muerto - Said it was possible and something only to consider the next day should one come up french taunter.
Elvis comments on them both being scum as a very ballsy move considering the counter claiming. And thus unlikly.

@Gurgi,
I'd like you to see if you could get that info on any time you would be allowed to mess up, and not for the purpose of us having a twighlight conversation, but so that I got everything figured out and no one goes crying wolf in the future and effectivly wasting the towns time over getting something wrong about your situation. I feel these questions i have asked are ok and warranted considering what you did in "you are what you eat". So when you and shaft.ed get the chance respond with:
Albatross!

Albatross!
Or clarify the time in which you are allowed to mess up. Just basically ask shaft.ed "if you can post normally in twighlight and pregame?", please.

Also if I remember correctly Luigi ocasionally rolled dice as he posted. Anyone know if that had any signifcance to Brian in "Life of Brian". I can't remember any and so I wonder if he ever had a reason for doing that. Or if he has done that in other games.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:54 am

Post by imaginality »

PF - there's no scene with Brian rolling dice in 'Life of Brian' that I know of either, and I can remember that movie pretty much word for word... :) ...so I guess it's either a play-style thing or perhaps he did it to lead astray anyone who tried to guess his role.

Very interesting to see the Albatross postings from Gurgi in the other game, well done for digging that up. The rules listed at the start of this game don't state whether or not the roles were randomly assigned. I'm with elvis -
if
the roles were randomly assigned, the odds of Lord Gurgi happening to be the one person from 18 to get that role seem too low to be believable.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:22 am

Post by chenhsi »

Ummm... I did say that both Darla and Spyrex could be scum... I'm pretty sure I said that.
I lost the game.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:42 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Albatross!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:44 am

Post by PokerFace »

I just viewed all your posts in isolation, chenshi. Maybe you thought it but you definatly didn't say it.

Still waiting on K7, Azimuth, and Gurgi.
Lord Gurgi wrote:Albatross!

Wasn't told that I could. Bruce's seemed like retroactive ruling.

Albatross!
I would guess you can't speak in twighlight out of restriction since he didn't tell you explicitly, but you probably should still ask so things don't get messed up.

@chenshi,
who do you suspect. Alot has gone on, I'd love to know what you are thinking. Who do you believe is scum? And what do you think of those voting you?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:45 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well simulposted for the win. Still waiting on K7 and Azimuth then. I'll ask my last question to gurgi later on. i am a bit pressed at work right now.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”