Designer Mafia 2007 - Game Over, Final Scene Posted!

Did you enjoy the final scene?

Yes, I love it!
67%
No, this is boring...
22%
Comical stupidity option
11%

Total votes: 9

Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #3025 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:18 am

Post by Nocmen »

With the way this game is playing out, I would really think scum would be given at least some immunity in someway, such as night kills, and double votes might be possible for them to in order to balance this out. Though I am surprised how much this wagon jumped near the end...I'm a bit suspicious now of Kscope and Kison.

And mneme, why shouldn't we go and kill someone claimed to be not on the side of the town?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3026 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:37 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yes. The scum undoubtedly have something.

Which is why none of the 'confirmed' should be treated as such.

Today went down with no discussion, there was not even any suggestion that i was actually scummy. Four unreasoned votes in the space of about four hours. Those of you who are town, you should be absolutely hanging your heads in shame. You're all established players here, and you've played like the dumbest n00bs imaginable. I mean, y'all didn't consider me scummy enough to lynch previously- and the evidence of me-town is stronger today than it's ever been.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3027 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Before day ends, anyone wanna claim to have targeted me? Kaliedo said so, and without a reread, I think that was it.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3028 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by The Fonz »

Can you target the dead?

I never targetted you, so you're safe to look at me if you want to find out whether ST really did attempt to kill me...
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3029 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by SSF352 »

The Fonz wrote:Can you target the dead?

I never targetted you, so you're safe to look at me if you want to find out whether ST really did attempt to kill me...
Yeah, targeting the dead is fine as long as they were alive on the night I look at. Thanks for the tip.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #3030 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by mneme »

Fonz: Trust me, scum or not, I'm not happy with Kison for dropping that fast hammer.

Nocmen: The problem is as a true neutral, Kali isn't -not- on the side of town either; he doesn't need to be gotten rid of for the town to win, so getting rid of more likely enemies of the town is a much better deal -- particularlly with what looks like two anti-town groups out there.

Now, if you don't believe Kali's claim of neutrality, that might be another matter -- but keep in mind that there was pretty much no reason, at the point when he claimed, for him to lie.

Actually, the best kill tonight is probably Kison -- given his hammer, he's almost certainly part of a scum group of one sort or another, and I don't really trust cop results at this point, certainly on scummy players. But a lot depends on Fonz's alignment.
Did I say too much?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #3031 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I know what you mean about Kison, his hammer was unwarranted at this point. And Fonz, I voted for you because I suspected the scum would most likely have your abilities.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #3032 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Kison »

What was unwarrentd about my hammer? People were bitching baout not wanting to discuss night actions, which i actually happen to agree with. fonz, you are one of the people who hsnt been 'cleared' by some means. yes i KNOW that does not guarantee anyone with that crutch is not necessrily town, but with known cult in the game it at least gives insight into the recruiter. your main defense has been that your ability is broken as scum GF, but your 'abilitiies' are reliant upon variables that don't make them guaranteed to work. example: your multivote doesnt work unless people QFT

whatever. let's kill me, then. my role is next in line of this pile of crap roles next to CKD/Belg being masons with the same IP address.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3033 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Kison wrote:What was unwarrentd about my hammer? People were bitching baout not wanting to discuss night actions, which i actually happen to agree with. fonz, you are one of the people who hsnt been 'cleared' by some means. yes i KNOW that does not guarantee anyone with that crutch is not necessrily town, but with known cult in the game it at least gives insight into the recruiter. your main defense has been that your ability is broken as scum GF, but your 'abilitiies' are reliant upon variables that don't make them guaranteed to work. example: your multivote doesnt work unless people QFT

whatever. let's kill me, then. my role is next in line of this pile of crap roles next to CKD/Belg being masons with the same IP address.
First, just because planning night actions would be a bad idea doesnt mean its time to end the day. Also, I would like to hear how the previous investigations give insight as to whom the recuiter is. I simply dont understand how this makes sense. I am under the impression cult doesnt show up as scum, but this could be wrong. Either way, someone could have been recurited after an investigation.

Finally, I dont see how Fonz's conditions on abilities make him scummy. Not only do I not like the timing of your hammer, but the ideas behind seem poorly thought out.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #3034 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by Kison »

Kison wrote:Ok. Wow.

- Mneme wasn't lynchable yesterday.

- Kison by Simenon

- Twomz by Moderator

- Nocmen by Moderator

- CKD by Moderator

- Belgarion by CKD

- Sir Tornado by Twomz

- Kaleidoscope - ????

- SSF352 - ????

- The Fonz - ????
This is what we have. The only one still relying on an investigation to clear them is me, and _I_ know I am not a cult recruiter, or any kind of scum for that matter. Twomz, Nocmen, and CKD were dead and brought back. CKD knows Belgarion's alignment. And unless Mneme is a unlynchable scum... you get the point. I even brought up earlier that I'm not sure that cult would be cleared by investigation.

To answer your other question, I never said that Fonz's abilities make him more scummy. I'm saying that he was relying on that as a defense to make him being scum seem absurd, which I totally disagree with for the reasons I stated.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #3035 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by Kison »

EBWOP : I even brought up earlier that I'm not sure that cult would be cleared by investigation.

should read

I even brought up earlier that I'm not sure cult would appear guilty from investigations.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #3036 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Twomz »

Basically my whole view of the game is skewed now, because although we know there is no death cult (there never was) there could be an actual cult, or some kinda accidental cult... /sigh.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3037 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

Second Vote Count of Day 8:

The Fonz - (Nocmen, Sir Tornado, curiouskarmadog, Belgarion, KaleiÐoscøpe, Kison)

KaleiÐoscøpe - (SSF352)

10 alive, 6 to lynch.

You gather around and quickly make work of The Fonz, bustling him over to the conveniently located cliff and watching him smash into the rocks below. As soon as he's dead, you realize you could just search his house to see if he's evil, so you head over to check the place out. As you enter the building, you are blown away by the massive amount of QFT's in the place. Every wall is covered with frame QFT's. You keep searching, and you find a tunnel that ends up in the library. It seems he was also the local Librarian of sorts.

The Fonz, Bookkeeper/QFT Gatherer, Town, lynched Day 8
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3038 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:48 pm

I'm V/LA for a bit, moving back into my apartment this week, plus school starts monday. Not sure when I'll be able to post next.
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #3039 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:33 am

The denizens of Designville wake up to another glorious morning...except for the blood-spattered body sprawled across the steps of his house. The body is KaleiÃ
Permanent V/LA.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #3040 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I hit a cultist and not a netural, that's pretty good shot. I stand by the same logic I used for Zoneace - rather take out someone who claims to not be on the side of town over someone who may or may not be town.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #3041 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by mneme »

Nocmen: fair enough; looks like his second claim was a big WIFOM.

It's interesting that there was apparently not a mafia kill last night. Did they try to kill me (again?) or something?

We really want to hit the cult leader today or tonight if we can. Most likely is...what, SSF352? Unless our cult leader was Kali -- Green Pucca = Green is the color of the cult?
Did I say too much?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #3042 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by Kison »

I'd have expected the cult recruiter to read 'Cult Recruiter' rather than 'Cult'.

My guess would be SSF352, and I'm going by the list from earlier. He's the last player without any kind of vouching from what I can tell.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3043 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by SSF352 »

Kison wrote:I'd have expected the cult recruiter to read 'Cult Recruiter' rather than 'Cult'.

My guess would be SSF352, and I'm going by the list from earlier. He's the last player without any kind of vouching from what I can tell.
Actually, based on the mention of goop on Kaliedo's body, I was assuming that Goop Mind was the recuiter. Also, with a cult about, no one is fully cleared.

However, for now, I need to hear from Sir T. He did something....strange when he was supposedly vigging The Fonz. I need an explanation how exactly he did what he did. I realize this likely doesnt make sense yet, but it should once Sir T explains his actions.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #3044 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:42 am

Post by Twomz »

vote: Kison
Hurrah! Bout time I found something.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #3045 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:30 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

I hate this game. Worst game ever

That is all.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #3046 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:24 am

Post by mneme »

Twomz: kison = scum?
Did I say too much?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #3047 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Kison »

I was already investigated. Now if he's claiming a guilty on me, it just means there's no indication one way or another if I'm town, from your perspectives. Has Twomz gotten a guilty before?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #3048 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Twomz »

Kison = nontown, or my role was made to screw over the town at the last minute because it names a random townie as suspicious.

I don't know if he is the last mafiaso, or if he was recruited or is the recruiter.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #3049 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by Nocmen »

I did find Kison's actions suspicious yesterday, and now I'm interested in what Twomz has found.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”