Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:31 am

Post by Firestarter »

Why were you lurking in this game?
Why wasn't this game important enough for you to make one of your longer posts in it?
Why do you have the time to make an effort defending yourself here, but not enough time to make a content-full post that may help the town?

Im not lurking
I was onlineat the same time you were. I had no intention of making as many posts as happened, by the time I posted my last post, it was 2.30am where I was.
Again, I was online when you were, the posts came quick & fast, and tbh, you bothered me enough for me to stay awake and post what I posted.

@ Nameless.
I wasn't over reacting in my posts, if it came off looking like that, then fair enough. It was rather frustrating.
But Adel is attacking me for a reason that can be applied to alot of players in this game, be it in this day, or the day before.
('') (':') ('')
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:54 am

Post by eldarad »

Vote Count

Adel (2) -
ZeekLTK, Firestarter

Skruffs (1) -
Harvey Pew

ZeekLTK (1) -
SpyreX

Shy Guy (1) -
Nameless

Nameless (1) -
Adel

Not voting (4) -
Shy Guy, Skruffs, forbiddanlight, armix

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

I'm STILL looking for a replacement for ZeekLTK. I am trying, honest...
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:09 am

Post by Shy Guy »

Adel wrote:
Shy Guy wrote:
Adel wrote:I think it was an earlier post. Some of the thinks you've done, especially the review where you only focused on my lover and I, and didn't spend any time on CH/CF really don't sit well with me. You and FL are the lesser of three evils, and therefore the best of what I have to go with.
Are you clearing us because you think we are town, or because you think we aren't the most scummy? Why do you say we are the lesser of
three
evils?
because Zeek was off the table.
OK. Resolved.
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:Shy Guy has a comprehensive meta on me, and if he wanted a mis-lynch I think he would've gotten one on me by now.
Well first off, I don't meta, so I don't see how that is relevant. However, you made me think: if I was scum and wanted to randomly lynch someone in this game, I'd have tried to lynch you, I'd have not brought up chenhsi at all. I'd have simply beat you over and over and over the head with your actions near the end of day 1. I think I'd have been fairly successful, especially if in this hypothetical Zeel was not my scum buddy, since he bought in really easily..
does this part require a response?
I'm interested in what you think of my analysis of what I could have done were I scum, sure. Also of what you could do if you were scum (e.g. lynch me right now).
It would depend on who I was scum with. I know I wouldn't have made any protest against the Gimbo lynch day 1, that would've been a perfect wagon to just camp out on. I probably would've picked one of the more inexperienced players and convinced the other players to choose between him and me for the day 2 lynch.
Why wouldn't you have argued agains the Gimbo wagon as to gain pro-town cred once he was lynched?
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:2. If Shy Guy is scum, we're fucked.
Why? Skruffs/armlx and Nameless/Fire seem like they easily could be convinced to lynch me.
I don't like the odds of both of them being town, and lynching you isn't my goal. Both of them seem more scummy to me than you do.
Well, I am having (which game first) chicken or egg problems here... You say you clear me because we are fucked if I am scum, I say that you wouldn't be fucked, and your response is "yeah but I don't want to lynch you".

Why don't you want to lynch me again?
I don't want to partner with both armix and nameless. I also think you would out-type me if I did try to get you lynched. You have far less day 1 baggage, and I know you rock as scum.
Your reason for choosing me makes sense. I have to only figure out if you are scum or town; your reasons would be valid for either scenario.
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:3. By partnering up with them (if possible) and working together we should figure out who is scum with 2 out of 3 odds in our favor.
Hm. I need to think on if I think you are town. I am leaning yes, if for no other reason taht, I think you are wrong, and that if you wanted to mislynch
me
you could have easily done so with Nameless and armlx circling.
I wasn't looking at the problem from the perspective of who I
can
lynch, I was trying to figure out who I
should
lynch. By eliminating one couple I think I am making progress.
Then how does point 2, that you clarified to armlx as meaning you couldn't make a case stick to me, matter? Why is it a reason for clearing me and FL if you are just looking at who we
should
lynch?
There isn't a case against you that I really believe in. I don't see a case against you that others should believe in. Now if you had hammered Gimbo on day 1 or if FL had told you that you were her lover immediately upon replacing in, things would be different.
OK. Resolved.
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:
{snip}
must say unsurprising that armlx (in a reasonable sounding way) and nameless (in a pretty disappointed sounding scummy ish way) both immediately question your conclusion.

I imagine they are the scum (likive been saying) and that they will try and make you
choose between me/z and them
. If thathappens dont give up like you gave up on chelseafan. assuming I am confident enough you are town to give you that decision :P. need to think this over.

later.
the part in bold is a little disturbing to me.
Zeek/HP still strike me as hella scummy. Are you thinking that they are more townish than the others?
I've consistently said this since replacing in.
I could've sworn that I typed out "are you
still
thinking that..."
Ah OK. Resolved.
Adel wrote:
You asking this question gives me a "where the heck have you been?" moment. Your own partner is highly suspicious of a Z+me pairing because of my thoughts about Z.

I am not rigid on him, and admittedly I need to re-examine Z, but right now I feel they are pretty townie.

I want to say right now, if the scum are Nameless+Z and we win, amazing job to all the town at reasoning stuff out and being willing to consider things that weren't what we initially thought.
I don't know if I prefer N+Z or Z+A or N+A. I think we are making good progress though. Like the leap it took me to trust biochipchomp in polygamist 1, this is why I like this setup -- it kinda turns mafia on its head.
OK. Resolved.

BTW, Adel, I don't recall you explicitly saying: Why do you wish I'd replaced in day 1? Be as in depth as possible.

@Adel, forbiddanlight: my next act in this game (other than responding to direct questions/posts) will be to re-read Spryex's cases on Z and re-read MafiaSSK & Z.

Then, I am going to re-look at Adel and see if her perspective is worth trusting.

I think both Adel & Firestarter overreacted about Firestarter.
I won't say much.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:44 am

Post by armlx »

I think both Adel & Firestarter overreacted about Firestarter.
This is true.

I'm interested in FS. His posting pattern says he is scummy (don't try to pass it off as not lurking, I know the relative # of posts even going back further then your reduced posting time is low), but his actual posts I think indicate he is town to some extent.

Still rather lynch Zeek/Harvey/ShyGuy/FL
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:45 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

@Adel, forbiddanlight: my next act in this game (other than responding to direct questions/posts) will be to re-read Spryex's cases on Z and re-read MafiaSSK & Z.
Then answer mine. Why is zeek town? Or are you waiting til your review to answer?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Shy Guy »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Then answer mine. Why is zeek town? Or are you waiting til your review to answer?
The point is I'm going to re-read and give you my new opinion; I see no reason to elaborate on my old opinion when it may completely change after I re-read.
I won't say much.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Shy Guy wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

The point is I'm going to re-read and give you my new opinion; I see no reason to elaborate on my old opinion when it may completely change after I re-read.
That's fine by me :).
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Adel »

Skruffs wrote:BIg post tomorrow.
???

~~~~
Shy Guy as part of a hypothetical scenario wrote:Why wouldn't you have argued agains the Gimbo wagon as to gain pro-town cred once he was lynched?
If I was trying to collect pro-town cred, I think it is probable that I would say something critical about the wagon and make sure my vote was on someone else.
Why do you wish I'd replaced in day 1? Be as in depth as possible.
1. because I would have a better idea of what you alignment is.
2. the person you replaced didn't add much at all to the game
3. if you are town, then I think day 1 would've gone down differently. We should have had several strong wagons on day one instead of just one.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:45 am

Post by armlx »

Skruffs is being replaced in the invitational, I don't know what that means about his status across the site.
Mod, can you prod/check with Skruffs about his participation in the game?
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Shy Guy »

Spryex, I've re-read your cases on Zeek, and Zeek's posts.

Before I judge too quickly, I'd like you to summarize two things for me, so there is no room for me interpreting your incorrectly:

Why did you choose to (reluctantly, etc.) clear Zeek?

What is your case on him now that makes you think he is the most suspicious?
I won't say much.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:52 am

Post by SpyreX »

Initially, before I -really- reread Zeek, I thought he was behaving very towny; building cases, weighing information, etc.

Once he started parroting and, really, bulldogging Adel on "hypothetical" scenarios I did a reread and saw that, from the beginning, most of his arguments were that way.

So, before the explosions today (which really occured after I cleared him) I felt he was being helpful, however, watching the train of logic afterwards, I saw a huge disproportion in his behavior.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:16 pm

Post by Shy Guy »

Spryex, I understand what you are saying about why he looked town.

Could you clarify why he looked scum? Because he was parroting other people's cases and attacked Adel in some specific way that you find scummy? What was scummy about the way he attacked Adel, and about his arguments in general?
I won't say much.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@Shy

I'll give you a more detailed version tomorrow night (or the next day depending on my schedule) but it was the method and the timing of his push on Adel (especially the ebb and flow of it in relation to others commenting on it). I can understand some of the concerns of Adel's case - but, as I said before, each time someone else brought something up he was there to "me too" and become more belligerent and aggressive on, really, weaker points.

One of my earlier posts talks in HUGE detail about the problems I found with his arguments in general. I can summize it again but considering after that train he just threw his hands up about it all there hasn't been anything new.
Show

Proud member of BaM
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:28 pm

Post by armlx »

Just so you know,
I will be away from Thursday till Sunday
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:41 am

Post by Shy Guy »

SpryeX, which post number is the one where you go into huge detail (that is really clear)?
I won't say much.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:42 pm

Post by SpyreX »

My posts 68 and 73 (god I've said a lot of words this game).

After you read those, ask me some more questions. :) I'm gonna be late with work though.
Show

Proud member of BaM
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:57 am

Post by eldarad »

Erg0 replaces ZeekLTK. Thank you for replacing in!

Firestarter has requested a replacement so I will keep looking for someone to replace.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Erg0 »

Looks like I gots me some reading to do.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Have fun. Only 34 pages :).
-StrangerCoug

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Welcome Erg0 - shame you're scum and all, but welcome nonetheless. :)
Show

Proud member of BaM
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:07 pm

Post by armlx »

Have fun. Only 34 pages
You think its funny, until you replace into a 70 page game. I replaced into 3 within a 2 week period, by the last one I just didn't even both reading.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:22 pm

Post by SpyreX »

135. I win.
Show

Proud member of BaM
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:40 am

Post by armlx »

SpyreX wrote:135. I win.
Yeah, that game is nuts.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:51 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

armlx wrote:
Have fun. Only 34 pages
You think its funny, until you replace into a 70 page game. I replaced into 3 within a 2 week period, by the last one I just didn't even both reading.
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia. I replaced in at 65. So, I'm still the least but I still know the feeling.
-StrangerCoug

Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:39 am

Post by Shy Guy »

Very busy week. Will contribute as possible but may take some time.
I won't say much.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”