Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:32 am

Post by imaginality »

Okay, I see there's quite a bit of posting going on at the moment. So I'm rushing a little to get these thoughts out there, hope they read clearly. Will post more in my next post.

Thoughts on a few players:

Azimuth
Azimuth wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:I notice that he has never done any scum hunting of his own, only followed what the town has been saying and asking an occasional question. This makes me lean to the scum side.
I don't quite agree with this characterization; how is asking questions not hunting? It's true that most topics weren't started by me, mainly because nothing happened to me overnight -- unlike, apparently, many others -- and I was mostly trying to catch up with the posts of those others and make sense of them. There are only so many topics that can be brought up, after all; I'm not going to invent some new crazy topic just to satisfy someone else's idea of hunting.
That answer is a bit evasive. You don't have to 'invent some crazy new topic', you can further the scumhunt by offering insights, arguments and suggestions (and yes, questions) on the main issues, rather than simply summarise and agree with what's already been said.

I also didn't much like your posts during Day 2 where you said:
The only possible thing that I can think of is that Iron Man's ability (giving someone else's night choice a random target, if I have that correctly) seems quite chaotic, and not one that could be used effectively in any pro-town capacity. But does that mean he's mafia?
and
Just chiming in to say that I was quite close to placing a vote on Iron Man too, mainly because his ability doesn't seem to be pro-town (but also for the other reasons -- lurking, possible contradiction, etc.)
because I think it is pretty clear that in a Monty Python theme game, there are going to be at least a few roles capable of creating chaos and confusion, and there's no reason to assume that such a role would be given to a scum player rather than a townie. So you giving that as your main reason for (almost) voting Iron Man doesn't sit well with me.

And then there's the not voting thing that Lord Gurgi mentioned, which on Day 2 does look bad: by saying you're suspicious of Iron Man but not going to the extent of putting a vote on him, you conveniently look good whether he turns up scum ("See, I said he was suspicious") or town ("See, I didn't vote him").

chenhsi

Semi-lurking lazy village idiot. And then commenting on the night kill to boot. The only thing in your favour right now is that you've had five votes land on you so quickly that there seems a fair chance of scum being on that wagon. On the other hand, since there appears to be two anti-town groups (scum and SK or scum and cult, or possibly even scum and SK and cult), you might still be scum from a different faction to those on your wagon.

The Internet

As with Azimuth, I disagree with you here:
Beause his claimed ability is of very little use to the town (randomize the targt of town power role screws up plans, randomizing mafia targets could lead to hitting someone unprotected), and a good townplayer should know this, so why would they choose to use their ability if they were town? But this abilitycan sew chaos, maing it useful to the scum. So Iron Man, why did you target killa 7?
Assuming mafia try to avoid targeting people they think the doc will protect, randomizing mafia targets would make them more likely to hit someone protected, not less, and also could cause them to kill their own scumbuddies! So I don't see Iron Man using his ability (or trying to) on K7 (who was looking fairly suspicious) as a bad thing.

In general I agree with strappado, you seem to be fishing for info, but not driving a case against anyone. I also think your saying "HOS: Chenshi" when you meant strappado might be more than a random slip, especially as you're not on his wagon.

Also re. your recent post, no, Darla's wagon did not move too fast for you to vote her if you'd wanted to. Right now I like farside's case against you, and I think you may be teamed with chenhsi and DBE.

elvisknits

Just one minor quibble - you said:
I never voted for DBE because it would have been the hammer and people were asking not to end the day yet.
Not true, it would only have been L-1 if you'd voted at the time of the post farside quoted (post 560).
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by The Internet »

Now for my reply to imanginality. Statisically, unless there is an unusually high amount of scum or and unusually high amount of doctors, a random kill will hit an unprotected town. My HoS was just a simple mistyping, I'm sorry, but I find chenshi and strappado to have similar names, and I'm sorry I cannot offer proof other than my word. I was waiting for some questions to be answered before I voted and they were still unanswered while I was V/LA and the hammer happened.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by The Internet »

Also: IM completely failed to answer why he chose to target anyone, completely ignoring my point.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by farside22 »

The Internet wrote:Also: IM completely failed to answer why he chose to target anyone, completely ignoring my point.
You seemed to miss my point about how IM's role could be looked at in a positive manner. Also it tells me something that if K7 did get his action through and IM did not that IM was most likely RB which in turn seems like scum action since no one else claimed to take said action.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

farside wrote: Oh ok. Well, I didn't realize TSPN has such a vendetta against lord gurgi. And I agree that is really weird. I don't think there's a basis for that.
Um, at the time,
my
LG meant Luigi Gangsta. I have no vendetta against Lord Gurgi, nor have I ever. And originally I went after Luigi because it looked like he was trying to fake a post restriction (much like DBE was caught doing).
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by imaginality »

killa seven

K7 looks pretty suspect to me. I believe his role claim and power, but not his alignment.

Things that stand out:

- lurking most of Day 1
- hammering DBE without reason and before Iron Man could claim
- post 669 and 705 basically say "I hammered DBE because she was scum" which is not an explanation and doesn't answer Mirth's question of why he didn't wait for Iron Man to claim. He didn't answer that, or Mirth's other question about how his lurking could help town. And now Mirth's dead...

- post 659 "Poker what action did strappaddo do last night?" - I'm not sure a townie would be so quick to basically out himself with that comment (it was obvious that he'd have to roleclaim to explain that post), more useful for a townie to keep quiet and then (a) back up PokerFace's claim to have tracked strappado if PF decided to reveal that, or (b) challenge PF why he didn't reveal it, if PF kept quiet and looked scummy for other reasons, or (c) get PF to confirm his role claim if he came under pressure and had to claim.

- post 846 "im guessing Iron mans action didnt work btw" and then
- post 861 "you claim you targeted me? yet my night action went as planned.
explain"

- choosing Mirth to track someone when Mirth was arguably less likely to be doc protected than other players (so less chance of getting results) (that's arguable I know, just my opinion) and (b) Mirth got killed. It makes me wonder if, even if his power is true, he chose Mirth knowing she'd be killed, to avoid giving the town more information.

Right now I'm giving serious thought to the possibility that K7 hammered early Day 1 so that Iron Man didn't have a chance to claim, and then his scum buddy roleblocked Iron Man so they could get him lynched Day 2. And then they lynched Mirth who had been suspicious of K7.

Problems with this: why would K7 use his role to help PF track strappado? (I don't think PF is scum.)

Possible explanation for that: he's not allowed to use the power on his scumbuddies (I could believe that, it would be another splash of silliness in the game), or he might be SK in which case he has no buddy.

Hmm, i think there's enough there for me to
Vote: killa seven
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:40 am

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:
The Internet wrote:Also: IM completely failed to answer why he chose to target anyone, completely ignoring my point.
You seemed to miss my point about how IM's role could be looked at in a positive manner. Also it tells me something that if K7 did get his action through and IM did not that IM was most likely RB which in turn seems like scum action since no one else claimed to take said action.
I actually made a large section of my post to showing that it would most likely cause harm. Did you read it?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:45 am

Post by farside22 »

The Internet wrote:
farside22 wrote:
I actually made a large section of my post to showing that it would most likely cause harm. Did you read it?
Yes I did and I'm stating how it can be used for good adding to it the fact that he was most likely RB.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:52 am

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:
The Internet wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Yes I did and I'm stating how it can be used for good adding to it the fact that he was most likely RB.
Yes, it can cause a good result, but the odds are that it would cause harm no matter the target. As for the RB, it is irrelevent. If you are trying to say that it makes his night action is scummy, it is irrelevent because he did not know he was RB'd, and still chose to use his action. If you are you are calling me scummy for voting for someone who was propably RB'd you must remember that YOU werethe hammer.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:29 am

Post by strappado »

I see K7 and chenhsi as being one in the same, they've both done scummy things and post no more than one liners and avoid answering questions directly and are totally lurk-a-licious.

chenhsi with his insincere post regarding the NK and K7 with his "what did strappado do last night PF" - If PF had thought it would be useful to town, PF would have said so - K7 not only said something that would make himself have to claim, but Poker and I also pretty much had to claim after that. I guess that's why that role could be beneficial to town, forcing claims and outing people.

Still comfortable with my vote on chenhsi though.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:07 am

Post by The Internet »

strappado wrote:I see K7 and chenhsi as being one in the same, they've both done scummy things and post no more than one liners and avoid answering questions directly and are totally lurk-a-licious.

chenhsi with his insincere post regarding the NK and K7 with his "what did strappado do last night PF" - If PF had thought it would be useful to town, PF would have said so - K7 not only said something that would make himself have to claim, but Poker and I also pretty much had to claim after that. I guess that's why that role could be beneficial to town, forcing claims and outing people.

Still comfortable with my vote on chenhsi though.
I'm more suspicious of K7 than chenshi, because K7 could have been scum that lied to get IM lynched, while chenshi hasn't done much of anything (though he is looking scummy recently).
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:23 am

Post by SpyreX »

The only problem is that K7 lying to get IM lynched would mean that PF is also scum, and I'm really not getting that vibe from him. Now, K7 having his role and a different person RB'ing IM (unlikely) COULD cause the events to go down like they did.

I need to give this game a reread now that my swift is done.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:40 am

Post by The Internet »

SpyreX wrote:The only problem is that K7 lying to get IM lynched would mean that PF is also scum, and I'm really not getting that vibe from him. Now, K7 having his role and a different person RB'ing IM (unlikely) COULD cause the events to go down like they did.

I need to give this game a reread now that my swift is done.
Could you refresh my memory a bit. Didn't PF target EK? Or was his target switched with someone else? If the first one is true, why would PF need to be scum?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:50 am

Post by imaginality »

Night one, K7 said he targeted PF to track strappado, and PF confirmed that he'd seen strappado visit SpyreX. So if K7 was lying about being able to send one player to track another, then PF would also have to have been lying. This is separate to PF's own night action, with which he targeted Elvis night 1 and you night 2.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:55 am

Post by PokerFace »

Hi all. Yes I did target Elvis night 1 and internet night two thanks to them I am getting some idea on how to find the person I am looking for and how to ask and get what i want. You can check some of my early posts from this game day to see math why I don't think K7 is scum. If you disagree with it you can correct me.

My deadlined games are now in night so I will be reading over the pages and posts I have missed here sunday and monday. (I got to go to a co-workers wedding later on today) I haven't checked much from posts 994 to now.

I have skimmed only bits. I don't know what the vote count is. Don't hammer anyone without them claiming. I am still looking for someone with cigs and matches and seeing someone die without claiming would be bad for me. And yes i can easily test those that would try to fake claim who i am looking for, I got flavor aspects i ain't explaned yet if you remember, so no one will be able to pull off a fake of who i am looking for. See you guys tomorrow or monday.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:53 am

Post by The Internet »

I'll be V/LA from tomorrow morning until saturday. I will probably have some access, but not much as the internet is spotty and I usually have to borrow wifi. Don't lynch me while I'm gone, as I still have some cards to play in the event of a wagon.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:39 am

Post by PokerFace »

Alright I am back in the saddle. If you have to go to the bathroom, do it now because this post be long and quotes alot of people.

Ok then 2 options with Ironman's skill not working. 1 he was roleblocked by scum or 2...
shaft.ed wrote:
the colonel wrote:Now, I'm awake but it seems a few of you are still sawing it off. Now, I'll give you slackers 24 hours to have completed your night actions before I wake everyone up. Get along then, ten nine, eight and all that.
Someone who lurks like ironman i can see getting a skill in too late and the colonel/shaft.ed not counting it. This same warning was not post during night 2 when ironman was dead and thus not possibly late on a second action. Either way I know ironman's skill did not take effect. K7 said this...
killa seven wrote:Poker what action did strappaddo do last night?
early into day2 before ironman said what his skill even was and who ironman targeted. If ironman used his skill I doubt K7 would know who the targets were changed to and I doubt it would be me to strappado. I suspected strappado at the end of day 1. So this logic from #985 is relevant on why I don't suspect K7. I have judged him as inocent based on how i see him using his skill.
PokerFace wrote:
I lean towards thinking K7 is town for the following reasons:

1) Everything happens for a reason. If K7 is town, then he wanted me to track strappado. He sent me to check Strappado who I suspected near the end of day 1. This would make logical sence.
2) Everything happens for a reason. If K7 is scum, then he STILL wanted me to track strappado.
If Strappado is town,
then a scum K7 wanted me to track strappado so that I would either say her actions out loud or have cause to mislynch her. If anything I definatly don't have cause to lynch her. As far as me saying it out loud I only did it cause I thought I had something. I guess the real question here would be did scum have reason to fear a town strappado and any skill she had and there for want me to say her skill out loud? And if so why would they want me to do it? Wouldn't it be better for K7 to have one of his scum buddies track a town Strappado? And also without me knowing her skill I still may have had reason to lynch he without seeing her action so there would not be great need to tell me it since it would indeed more likly deter my suspicions than increase them.
If Strappado is scum,
then the purpose of sendiong me after her was to fool me and to get me to loose the suspicions I had of her. This would mean scum saw me as a threat. I don't think I am that great of threat, I'll leave that up to you guys, but this plan just seems a little too elaborate to use on me when they could have done something simplier. Also lets say Scum planned for K7 and Strappado to dupe me by having Strappado target SpyreX. Had a vig or some other variable hit SpyreX, that would fuck them and make me lynch them unless SpyreX came up dead scum. And if SpyreX came up dead scum then he would be scum too and things would just get more elaborate and out there from here.

So in general I lean towards K7 being town.
His lurking is a null tell since he does it always.

@Killa seven,
is english your primary language? I can see someone who secondary or third language being english having a lurker playstyle if he doesn't know english as his best language. That or its possible he is just in a bunch of games and thus is not able to focus himself in just one. Also K7 why send Mirth after Lord Gurgi, any reason for using your skill like that?

Also I will clarify something so no one goes too far in their thoughts.
K7 can be scum without me being scum.
I believe his night action to be exactly what he says it is. I have proof of that, but I don't have proof of his alignment. I believe him to still be town at this time because of my previous logic though. I will see him as town until either his answers to my new questions bring conflict or something else turns up proving him scum. Until something like that happens I wholly believe him to be town.

@Azimuth,
you said these earlier
Azimuth wrote:I can't help but think that people who reveal their roles too eagerly should be attacked, first with bombs and rockets to destroy their homes, and then when they run helpless into the street, mow them down with machine guns. And then, of course, release the vultures.

I know these views aren't popular, but I have never thought of popularity.
Azimuth wrote:I have to believe that at least some of those who have revealed themselves did so because they thought they would be able to catch mafia, and maybe some of them think they have done so, but I don't quite see it for now -- possibly because I still don't have all the information that they do. I don't want to fish for more information, though; at least a few folks around here should keep their ways mysterious.
Why the change in heart on those with restrictions? I got no problem with anything else from you I'm just wondering what particular game elements led to a change in yelling at those who wanted to say things too accepting it.

@LordGurgi,

1) How many penalties have you gotten in this game so far?
2) Albatross! ten words albatross! Albatross is part of the restriction, yes?
3) Did you not say albatross some in "You are what you eat?"
4) Your #29 post establishes that your #12 post is incorrect of it being on the 13th which would make sence with your episode. Correct?

Use simular format from before to answer me please.

#0-12, #13-25, #26-38, #39-51, #52-64, #65-77, #78-90
#12, #14 with fail?, #26... hmm... did you really get a penalty or did that not happen according to my 4th point?

@Strappado,

strappado wrote:Yeah, it's gotten awfully quiet. I'm waiting for some more excitement. Maybe someone should attack me, that might move things along, I love a good quarrel.

I miss Mirth :(
Didn't you call Chenshi out for being sad about night kill. Hypocracy! Do you think that and his play here make him scum or a newb? Which is it?
strappado wrote:
FoS TSPN
for spreading false and slandering lies. I have
never
had fun eating a baby :shock:
So you do eat babies but don't have fun? :lol:

I make alot of these smilies and use them in mafia discussion alot.
http://www.smiliegenerator.com/smiliegenerator_eng.html
I post the shaft.ed wins smilie throughout MD. I'm not sucking up I swear. :lol:

The Internet wrote:I do maintain that randomizing a target will probably hurt the town, as it could lead to wrong info for information roles, wrong killing for vigs, screwing up a carefully planned doc protection of probable town power role, and in the event of a randomized scum kill most likely leading to a loss of a town member, which would hurt us even more so since this game appears vanillaless, and it is comparitively unlikely that a good result could come. Overall, if town power roles wanted random targets, they'd pick then themsleves, and odds are it will do harm instead of good if it hits scum. And you must remember that IM completely failed to adress this point in his defence, leading me to believe he had falseclaimed as scum.
PokerFace wrote:
@Ironman,
why did you choose to target K7? Do you always have to use your action or can you choose to target no one if you wanted to? answer K7's question in post #861
I asked this to test ironman because the most pro-town thing to do with a randomize action skill (Assuming they don't have to always use it) is to not use it until player number reduces to a situation like this:

3 or other low odd number of players going into night. Lylo likly 1 is scum and the guy that just hamered scumily calling for his side to win during the night. Should he get a kill, him and rest of scum win game. Randomize him and hope he kills himself or a scumbuddy. And if kill randomly hits town the game is over anyway so its a nothing to loose situation that would call for use of his skill.

A scum with randomizing a protown skill could send a cop at his scum buddy. So the skill is not natuarally scum or town. How one uses a skill should always be judged in determining their alignment. I have judged K7 as town for now based on the use of his skill, send me after someone I suspected. I didn't get a chance to judge ironman based on his role use and that is why I held off on voting ironman. I wanted the answer to my questions because the answer could lead me to think ironman was scum based on how the skill's use would apply to what internet has said throwing investigaters off.

@farside,

farside22 wrote:I will say the only thing I think that will help some people (maybe) understand what I will be doing.
What ever doesn't kill me makes me stronger.
With that said I am going to look at each person I named and go through why and what I found as scummy.
Any chance you are looking for me, or i'm looking for you? Cigarettes don't kill me, but they do make me stronger. Now I don't turn into an SK, I am 100% certain I don't do that. In fact if my new theory (thx Elvis & Internet) is correct, giving cigarettes to me 'can' actually help the town, the scum, the cult, everybody 'can' be helped if my theory is correct. But since I believe I can choose who would recieve the benefit from my skill, the town will recieve the benefit. They all 'can' benefit, BUT since I am the one using the skill, only those I choose to benefit, will. At least this is what I think for now. I'll explain once I test my skill one more time. I could be off big time and i could be right on the money. Shaft.ed had fun with my role and if I'm right this game just got sillyer. !My Brain hurts too!

Also I am uncertain on Azimuth and I disagree with Farside's read of muerto.
Muerrto wrote:
farside22 wrote:My read on Muerrto:

Muerrto - No post by Borge. Does a read through believes Sprye comments on hilarity. Prodded after 3 days has no opinion. Post 5 saying since DBE came up as taunter seems that Spyrex suspicious. (I can understand this) Post 6 Again i agree about the PR outing themselves with all this talk. By post 8 I'm curious why he keeps getting upset with all the soft claims (yes I know it stupid to soft claim or claim unless necessary, but some claims have some what helped me in narrowing down certain leads). By post 12 it is clear to me that Muerrto doesn't seem to vote alot. He also seems focused on those not posting more then those that seem scummy. Post 14 Thinks the BK (bridge keeper) as too powerful of a role question is if the BK is town isn't that a good thing then? Last post I just curious who you think is scum at this point and why if you agree with me and my post.

My read on Muerrto is inconclusive. It like he hasn't said enough to really get a read on and what he has said has been good (in the beginning) to nothing at all. I think the talk of lurkers is a bit hypocritical coming from him.

As for not voting alot though, I voted for both DBE and Iron Man. How many other lynches have there been?

And soft claims ARE stupid which is why I haven't made one and I was sorry indeed to see you join the ranks of those that had.

Shrug I'll try and do a re-read and post something substantial later.

As for the BK, he does sound extrmely over-powered, town or scum. And no, that's not good for the town. This is a game and as such should be balanced. If you just wanted your side to win you could have a game of 4 cops, 4 docs, 4 vigs, and 1 scum =p

Good read on me though except the lurking/not voting part. I'm usually more agressive as well but since this is a silly type game I toned it down.

Still don't like Spyrex or K7(due to DBE and IM, respectively) and still wondering who the cult is since we're at day 3 and they could technically have 3 members by now. Does that not scare anyone else?
I don't think he has done anything to ping my radar yet. Finding the cult would be useful especially early into a game. Anyone on ways to out the cult earlier would be wise to give ideas. I'm waiting for someone to make a dramatic flipflop on something since cult would mean an alignment change.

People I suspect:
A. Gurgi
- Something looks fishy restrictionwise
B. SpyreX
- 2 taunters what?
Anyone got any idea as to why shaft.ed would do that or why anymod would?
I wonder if you aren't a taunter but a scum that counterclaimed Darla for safety.
@SpyreX,
The night kill flavor suggest the Spainish inquisition took out Bruce and Mirth. Do you believe the Spainish Inquisition would be part of the "Egoscentrical Character group", or do you think they are part of a different scum group (Cult, SK, whatever)?
C. Chenshi
- Why? We all know why. I want him to claim before he is lynched. He is either stupid SK or total newb. If he was mafia or cult, I think his scum buddies would be coaching him to do better at night. Darla went with the flow of everybody else towards chenshi. Her statement here:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Chenshi,

You've really got to post some content. I'm glad you're posting, but you're still just acting like "I'm confused" and not really doing much. It's why I've got my vote on you and its why its staying there for now.
I endorse this product or service.
is what first got me on her. I am leaning away from chenshi being with Darla.

D. Sweatpants ninja
- Why?
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
Unvote, vote DBE.

Would still like to pursue LG tomorrow. . . but yeah. That's pretty good.
TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:
muerrto wrote: Iron, Jordan, Killa, TSN, Az, LG, Internet, christ how many lurkers do we have in this game?!
What? I posted
today.

Luigi Gangsta, if you were just having fun (being silly, if you will), then I'll accept that.

Anyway, I suppose its
feasible
that there are two Taunters, or feasible that both spyrex and darla are scum, but I think occam's razor suggests that DBE just got caught lying.
Explain why you went back and forth on Luigi and the two taunter principle? Those are your #7 and #8 posts so your change of heart looks like an effort to go with the rest of the flow considering what everybody had been saying since there was no definite proof luigi was faking. Only a possibility. If you are going with the flow and not giving your own opinions then you are scum. Also I know your vote didn't count here because you forgot to unvote, but this still lookslike a big flipflop. I could see you as scum with darla. while I could only see chenshi as an SK for now.

I didn't see ironman with Darla for simular reasons I don't see chenshi with darla. Darla voted ironman and that could be strong distancing but still looks off to me. Since it has looked like multiple scum groups for awhile now I was willing to ask ironman's those question to determine if he should be lynched for being scum in probably a different group.

I will hold off on voting one of those 4 to see who gives me worst answers to given questions. And cause I want to see if chenshi is ever going to try to defend his lurking playstyle.

Scumiest order:

1) chenshi & Ninja
*Huge Gap*
2) Lord Gurgi & SpyreX
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

1, Yes, Mod's a sadist, was penalized, Retrospect, you're right.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:14 am

Post by SpyreX »

B. SpyreX - 2 taunters what? Anyone got any idea as to why shaft.ed would do that or why anymod would? I wonder if you aren't a taunter but a scum that counterclaimed Darla for safety.
It IS some scandalous moddery - however, I dont really have anything to say that hasn't been said before. I have no idea why we'd have two of the same "role" but different alignments (and, I have no idea why DBE would lie about being a RB versus an Attractor even though she was scum). I know, of course, without investigation I should NOT be here when we get to lylo. I just would like, if I end up hung, for it to be because of my play, not the dirty mod pool with this. :P
@SpyreX, The night kill flavor suggest the Spainish inquisition took out Bruce and Mirth. Do you believe the Spainish Inquisition would be part of the "Egoscentrical Character group", or do you think they are part of a different scum group (Cult, SK, whatever)?
Personally, I think that the flavor leads to our standard mafia (the actual shot on day one) and to an SK - tied to a dish rack and poked to death seem like very "silly" methods to die and, of course, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition; but we do expect mafia. ;)

Does a Cult normally get kills as well as recruits? With the two kills Day 1 and the single kill day 2 I would think that a Cult doesn't make sense - but an SK sure does.

Of course, the other avenue is we have one "silly" mafia group and the D1 kill was a vigilante kill (which would explain the "shot")

Until otherwise, I am going to assume we're dealing with two anti-town killing factions though.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:21 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Was notified I broke it, reread, found a double post.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:53 am

Post by PokerFace »

I've seen cults able to either kill or recruit (not both) each night. (Except in "Doctor Who Mafia 2" where the cult started out with 2 members. One that could kill and one that could recruit. Talk about an overpowered bad balancing act. That game was insane!!)

@SpyreX,
So you say the spainish inquistion would be part of a mafia known as the Egoscentirc characters OR that they are and SK. corect?

@Gurgi,
Oh yes, you did mention you couldn't do double postings in your #12 post.
PokerFace wrote:
@LordGurgi,

A
) Did you not say albatross some in "You are what you eat?"
4) Your #29 post establishes that your #12 post is incorrect of it being on the 13th which would make sence with your episode. Correct?

#12, #14 with fail?, #26... hmm... did you really get a penalty or did that not happen according to my 4th point?
I believe you have answered question 4. Can you answer the others or did I misinterpret?

B
) From "You are what you eat"
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 88#1079688
Why did you say albatross then? That game was over before this started. shaft.ed had to finish that game to earn modding privaleges for this one.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:57 am

Post by PokerFace »

In case anyone is wondering I am trying to gauge if he had a reason to do that. I don't think he could have been rehearsing for his role here since that game ended before this one even began.

And in case anyone is wondering Gurgi did make posts 225 and 226. So i guess that would be his one violation to have claimed so far.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Post 1067. I just felt like it. *shakefist at Mod*

Albatross!
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Muerrto »

Sorry I'm not posting up a storm. Honestly this game is turning out to be more of a job than a game. I feel like I need to make some kind of graph of what everyone's role is(since everyone felt the need to claim) and who they targetted. Something I understand some people do for every game but I've never wanted nor needed to.

To be short, this game has me quite lost.
SpyreX wrote:Personally, I think that the flavor leads to our standard mafia (the actual shot on day one) and to an SK - tied to a dish rack and poked to death seem like very "silly" methods to die and, of course, no one expects the Spanish Inquisition; but we do expect mafia. ;)

Does a Cult normally get kills as well as recruits? With the two kills Day 1 and the single kill day 2 I would think that a Cult doesn't make sense - but an SK sure does.
Um...someone had the role of 'cult un-recruiter'...can you explain why we WOULDN'T have a cult please?

And normally the cult can kill OR recruit.

Spyrex goes down in my book as #1 suspect for a cult. Makes sense too since 2 french taunters, 1 scum, 1 town, would be insanely weird.

K7's action on PF makes sense but IM using his action(confirmed) doesn't. Could scum have a role blocker? Yes. Would scum pick IM to block over all the other choices available since everyone had claimed day 1 already? No. Just no.

Don't like K7 or Spyrex.

The rest is just lurker hunting which I normally like but with a growing cult and multiple scum running around I think lurker hunting is a good way to make the town lose quickly.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:22 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
@LordGurgi,

A
) Did you not say albatross some in "You are what you eat?"

I believe you have answered question 4. Can you answer the others or did I misinterpret?

B
) From "You are what you eat"
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 88#1079688
Why did you say albatross then? That game was over before this started. shaft.ed had to finish that game to earn modding privaleges for this one.
@Gurgi
, Ok so its

1) Yes, just the one
2) Yes, Albatross 10 words albatross. The word Albatross MUST BE THERE
3) I did it for fun. Some wierd stroke of luck got me a role with that PR here.

Also the 13 count doesn't reset each day and you can't save anything up.

If I am 100% correct please say:
Albatross!

PF is 100% correct on my entire Post Restriction Status.

Albatross!
Otherwise correct me Gurgi.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”