Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Adel »

Shy Guy wrote:
Adel wrote:I think it was an earlier post. Some of the thinks you've done, especially the review where you only focused on my lover and I, and didn't spend any time on CH/CF really don't sit well with me. You and FL are the lesser of three evils, and therefore the best of what I have to go with.
Are you clearing us because you think we are town, or because you think we aren't the most scummy? Why do you say we are the lesser of
three
evils?
because Zeek was off the table.
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:Shy Guy has a comprehensive meta on me, and if he wanted a mis-lynch I think he would've gotten one on me by now.
Well first off, I don't meta, so I don't see how that is relevant. However, you made me think: if I was scum and wanted to randomly lynch someone in this game, I'd have tried to lynch you, I'd have not brought up chenhsi at all. I'd have simply beat you over and over and over the head with your actions near the end of day 1. I think I'd have been fairly successful, especially if in this hypothetical Zeel was not my scum buddy, since he bought in really easily..
does this part require a response?
I'm interested in what you think of my analysis of what I could have done were I scum, sure. Also of what you could do if you were scum (e.g. lynch me right now).
It would depend on who I was scum with. I know I wouldn't have made any protest against the Gimbo lynch day 1, that would've been a perfect wagon to just camp out on. I probably would've picked one of the more inexperienced players and convinced the other players to choose between him and me for the day 2 lynch.
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:2. If Shy Guy is scum, we're fucked.
Why? Skruffs/armlx and Nameless/Fire seem like they easily could be convinced to lynch me.
I don't like the odds of both of them being town, and lynching you isn't my goal. Both of them seem more scummy to me than you do.
Well, I am having (which game first) chicken or egg problems here... You say you clear me because we are fucked if I am scum, I say that you wouldn't be fucked, and your response is "yeah but I don't want to lynch you".

Why don't you want to lynch me again?
I don't want to partner with both armix and nameless. I also think you would out-type me if I did try to get you lynched. You have far less day 1 baggage, and I know you rock as scum.
Adel wrote:
Adel wrote:3. By partnering up with them (if possible) and working together we should figure out who is scum with 2 out of 3 odds in our favor.
Hm. I need to think on if I think you are town. I am leaning yes, if for no other reason taht, I think you are wrong, and that if you wanted to mislynch
me
you could have easily done so with Nameless and armlx circling.
I wasn't looking at the problem from the perspective of who I
can
lynch, I was trying to figure out who I
should
lynch. By eliminating one couple I think I am making progress.
Then how does point 2, that you clarified to armlx as meaning you couldn't make a case stick to me, matter? Why is it a reason for clearing me and FL if you are just looking at who we
should
lynch?
There isn't a case against you that I really believe in. I don't see a case against you that others should believe in. Now if you had hammered Gimbo on day 1 or if FL had told you that you were her lover immediately upon replacing in, things would be different.
Adel wrote:
{snip}
must say unsurprising that armlx (in a reasonable sounding way) and nameless (in a pretty disappointed sounding scummy ish way) both immediately question your conclusion.

I imagine they are the scum (likive been saying) and that they will try and make you
choose between me/z and them
. If thathappens dont give up like you gave up on chelseafan. assuming I am confident enough you are town to give you that decision :P. need to think this over.

later.
the part in bold is a little disturbing to me.
Zeek/HP still strike me as hella scummy. Are you thinking that they are more townish than the others?
I've consistently said this since replacing in.
I could've sworn that I typed out "are you
still
thinking that..."
You asking this question gives me a "where the heck have you been?" moment. Your own partner is highly suspicious of a Z+me pairing because of my thoughts about Z.

I am not rigid on him, and admittedly I need to re-examine Z, but right now I feel they are pretty townie.

I want to say right now, if the scum are Nameless+Z and we win, amazing job to all the town at reasoning stuff out and being willing to consider things that weren't what we initially thought.
I don't know if I prefer N+Z or Z+A or N+A. I think we are making good progress though. Like the leap it took me to trust biochipchomp in polygamist 1, this is why I like this setup -- it kinda turns mafia on its head.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:23 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Shy Guy, I have one question. Why is Zeek townie. I realize much of my case today was distancing from Adel/SpyreX, which might be a bad idea to pursue since it hinges on unknown alignments, but as I've already pointed out, he had a bit of scumminess going on Day 1 as well. So why is Zeek town?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:40 pm

Post by armlx »

Just saying I'm on, but this discussion requires more thought as to how to get my points across then I can give at 4am.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:25 pm

Post by Nameless »

Adel wrote:
Nameless wrote: That's kind of a really bad conclusion.
unvote, vote:Nameless
Another vote from Adel without any kind of explanation? Shocked, I am
shocked

Also, if Shy Guy starts overly trusting Adel in the near future I'd be unsurprised to find they were the mafia pair ...
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:27 am

Post by eldarad »

Vote Count

Skruffs (1) -
Harvey Pew

ZeekLTK (1) -
SpyreX

Adel (1) -
ZeekLTK

Shy Guy (1) -
Nameless

Nameless (1) -
Adel

Not voting (5) -
Firestarter, Shy Guy, Skruffs, forbiddanlight, armix

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:58 am

Post by armlx »

Another vote from Adel without any kind of explanation? Shocked, I am shocked.

Also, if Shy Guy starts overly trusting Adel in the near future I'd be unsurprised to find they were the mafia pair ...
I'm unsure if this is OMGUS or valid.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Firestarter »

Adel wrote:this is bringing to light how much of a back seat nameless and firestarter have taken during this day.
???

I cant answer for Nameless...
But there has been posts made, and apart from being extremely busy in the RL, Im waiting for your results Adel...

Ill base whatever action I have next on that, as well as whats been posted of late.
('') (':') ('')
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Adel »

Firestarter wrote: But there has been posts made, and apart from being extremely busy in the RL, Im waiting for your results Adel...
you there ins't anything from the last several pages you think is worth commenting upon?

did you notice that the game is not stalled out right now? The game is active again, and I don't think "waiting on Adel's analysis" really counts as a valid excuse anymore for not contributing content.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Adel »

EBWOP: so there isn't anything from the last several pages you think is worth commenting upon?
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote:and apart from being extremely busy in the RL,
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Firestarter »

EBWOP.. yes, there are things Ill comment on Adel, but at this time, I simply dont have the time for long analysis posts in all of the games Im in.

Also, I was hoping the list would well be concluded by now.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by Adel »

on your "find all posts by" page I see that out of your last 25 posts you have posted in 4 games including this one. 5 out of those 25 posts were in this game. Three of those five posts are on this page, and are basically content free.

It doesn't look like any of your other games are in lynch-or-lose. The titles say that they are inl day 1, day 3, or day 1.5. The first post of the mini you are in that is in day 3 say (according to the mod) that two mafia members have been lynched, so that game isn't in lynch-or-lose.

Why have you been avoiding posting in this game?
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by Firestarter »

I think you'll find that 16 of those posts were in the last 3 days, the vast majority of them in the last 2, when I apologised to players in all the games I was in of my inability to post anything worthwhile.

When I can get on, I will post, but this game, as Ive clearly stated above.... is needing of more than just a one liner, here & there.
"EBWOP.. yes, there are things Ill comment on Adel, but at this time, I simply dont have the time for long analysis posts in all of the games Im in."

Take off your paranoid hat.... and open your eyes please.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Adel »

Firestarter wrote:I think you'll find that 16 of those posts were in the last 3 days, the vast majority of them in the last 2, when I apologised to players in all the games I was in of my inability to post anything worthwhile.

When I can get on, I will post, but this game, as Ive clearly stated above.... is needing of more than just a one liner, here & there.
"EBWOP.. yes, there are things Ill comment on Adel, but at this time, I simply dont have the time for long analysis posts in all of the games Im in."

Take off your paranoid hat.... and open your eyes please.
so why is it that when I look at your last 50 posts or last 75 posts, the trend becomes much more pronounced? You have been a very active poster on this site, just not in this game during this day.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Firestarter »

In those last 25 posts, I dont think Ive contributed more than 4 lines in them...
I could be wrong however.
Feel free to correct me.

BTW, what point, if any, are you trying to assertain here?
This is the same in every game Im in.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Adel »

Firestarter wrote:In those last 25 posts, I dont think Ive contributed more than 4 lines in them...
Feel free to correct me.

I can recall two posts out of your last 25 that had more than four lines in them. You seem to have the time to respond to attacks? Has your life calmed down enough for you to post in this game now?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by Adel »

Firestarter wrote:In those last 25 posts, I dont think Ive contributed more than 4 lines in them...
Feel free to correct me.

bullshit. you are neglecting this game while remaining active in others.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Not just this game ;)

You could be correct in saying that Ive contributed more than 4 lines in a few posts.. whats your point?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:44 pm

Post by Adel »

Feel free to correct me.
are you used to playing against people who don't bother to research thier opponents even to do basic fact checking?

You can't have it both ways
"In those last 25 posts, I dont think Ive contributed more than 4 lines in them" is false, and "I could be wrong however" does not excuse your error. You keep on trying to defend yourself aginst my case with "facts" that are not true.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Soooo... your building a case on me here because of what, exactly?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by Adel »

Firestarter wrote:Soooo... your building a case on me here because of what, exactly?
was answered by:
Adel wrote:
Feel free to correct me.

bullshit. you are neglecting this game while remaining active in others.
you are coasting in this game while being active in other games, and you are trying to claim that isn't the case.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Firestarter wrote:EBWOP.. yes, there are things Ill comment on Adel, but at this time,
I simply dont have the time for long analysis posts in all of the games Im in.
Ok... your twisting everything I write here, out of proportion..

I suggest you read the bolded part of my post above, and bear in mind that I was far from being active in any game Im in over the last 5/6 days.

3rd August >> 2 posts
4th August >> 12 posts
5th August >> 5 posts
6th August >> 1 post
7th August >> 0 posts
8th August >> 4 posts (All were apologies in each game I was in)
9th August >> 4 posts
10th August >> 15 posts

Where do you consider me to be active and not active?

Between the 5th Aug and the 9th, Ive averaged a whopping >3 posts a day, most of them came from work, where I am generally unable to post from. You are not to know this, but seeing as you are relentless in trying to state Im lying here, you need to be informed.

Most of those posts, if not all, are a few short lines.
Ive put effort into 1 game since Im back fully active, and that was the first game I read when I logged in.
I didnt have the time nor energy to put the same amount in in the other 3, not until you came up with me "coasting it" in this thread.

Now.. I am not coasting it here, nor in other games..... and I did not remain active in others while ignoring this...

That, Adel, is bullshit...

Vote: Adel
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Adel »

Skruffs in post 718 wrote:So let me get this straight
Adel has put Two partners at the range of being quick lynched and is now trying to say they are the most likely scum pair because they haven't been quick lynched?

And Shy Guy is still railing on me and ignoring Adel?

For your third point, point C, I Would say that CF was very much more likely to be frustrated with her partner. However, I think that makes it very much less likely that they are scum. Please remember that CF was the first person to claim their partner other than Gimbo; as scum, if CCF did not like Chentsi, or did not like the way they posted, they would have picked a 'better' scum partner. Especially considering that both CF and chentsi are new, it doesn't make sense for the two newbies to grouped together, especially if the other two players were *not* new.
Scum would want each nebwbie to have an experienced player to help defend them, especially since the experienced players would be killed along with the newbs if any of them got lynched.

You're rather intentionally trying to distract attention away from Adel's antics.

Look at this:
Adel says that CF and CHentsi are cleared.
Shy guy says that it's awfully suspicious that Adel would clear them, therefroe they are more likely scum.

Adel then agrees with Shy Guy and votes one of the players. Does not strike ANYONE as a blatant scum gambit, the exact kind of thing that Adel does on a regular basis?? I just came from a "MetaMafia" game where I analyzed ADel's posts very closely (She was scum) and found a bussing tie between her and the last real mafia player. I got lynched anyways, because I am apparently not a very good salesman, but I totally got into ADel's head and I know how she works.

Adel is scum.

I would vote her right now but I want to let the rest of you process the connection between Shy GUy and Adel.
between this post, and when we started this exchange (806), you made 9 posts. Only 1 of those 9 was in this game, and was your apology for being inactive. Of the remaining 8, they all occured in your three other games.
Not including quote blocks, one post was 11 lines, one was 17, and one was 36 lines. Your longs posts did not all occur in the same game. Your other games are not in lynch or lose like this one is. This game was obviously not stalled by the time Skruffs made his post at 718.

You had time to get into this exchange with me over the course of three hours.

You have the time to post in other games. You had the time to make long posts with 30% of your posts during that time. If you were town, this game would be at a critical juncture for you, and you would make it a priority. Once you were attacked you were able to make it a priority.

Why were you lurking in this game?
Why wasn't this game important enough for you to make one of your longer posts in it?
Why do you have the time to make an effort defending yourself here, but not enough time to make a content-full post that may help the town?
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by armlx »

If it was devoid of all attempts, then its lacking could be dismissed? Why?
The "I'm just an idiot" excuse could apply. If you had realized your error earlier, the "I don't know what I was thinking" excuse could apply. But as you meant your case and fairly strongly followed up on it, neither of those do.
Nothing is possible to prove with absolute certainty. I don't see why belief is any more difficult to prove than other things.
Belief is rooted in your own assumptions of people's actions, not the visible effects of them.
It was frustrating, but I didn't just give up because it was frustrating.
Can you see why someone would though?
No just, the way he brought it up, and then you immediately said "yeah I like Spryex's ideas" (paraphrasing) struck me the wrong way.
Fair nuff. Again, I direct you back to my first posts where I basically said the same thing.

I agree with Adel's analysis of FS's posting patterns, being in one of the aforementioned games.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Post by Nameless »

Firestarter, WTF. There has better be a good reason you're overreacting (to say the least) for being called out on inactivity. I know I'd love to hear it. Let's not lose the game because you won't admit to being lazy, no. :roll:

Although, to say one thing in Firestarter's defence, this setup has a total of two days so saying that we're in LyLo doesn't automatically prioritize it.
armlx wrote:
Nothing is possible to prove with absolute certainty. I don't see why belief is any more difficult to prove than other things.
Belief is rooted in your own assumptions of people's actions, not the visible effects of them.
This? This is why I don't to respond to every argument made. :lol:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”