Mini Theme 2155: SIN: This Impurity must be Cleansed!

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Starbuck »

<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:20 am

Post by Dumb and Dumber »

BananaCucho
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
BananaCucho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:22 am

Post by BananaCucho »

In post 324, Dumb and Dumber wrote:Andro has felt a little disengaged from the beginning and I find their bluff awkward.
Starbuck's content on the last page seems forced and unnatural.

I'll try getting into more specifics at a later point when I have time.

-Dumbass
I didn't get that from Starbuck's posts at all. They just seem catch-uppy
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:23 am

Post by Starbuck »

Well, at least the user name is fitting.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:27 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Clash of titans.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 312, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 308, androgybee wrote:
In post 305, BananaCucho wrote:Like I don't have a scum read on the alligator

There's literally nothing there to read either way. How can you town read them?
I liked the post on Joey felt more like solving then wolf making comments.
Like it was kinda observant I guess, shows he was pinged by Joey and either double checked his ISO or put his posts into his memory to make that kind of connection.

He is definitely well above average as far as 4 posters are concerned.

~Bee
I disagree, their posts are very easy for scum to make. All they've done is narrate the game or ask easy questions, without coming to any visible conclusions. Obviously it's a short ISO, so they could improve later if and when they decide to post again. But townreading them off of what i've seen so far doesn't make much sense to me.
I agree with NEE overall that I disagree with Bee. But bee's listed reasons are fine imo
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:29 pm

This head is catching up now, and I'll be around for a bit

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:35 pm

In post 139, androgybee wrote:
In post 135, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
I currently townread Banana

and retract my scumpings on SS and Joey, and retract my townpings on Bee

I also have townpings on NorwegianBoy

- Dumber

Explain?
They feel incredibly relaxed/un-tense, and are comfortable drip-dripping details about their role in a way that I think is unlikely to come from scum.
They're just posting everything that comes to their mind without a filter really, and I feel that's townie
In post 142, BananaCucho wrote:
In post 135, Dumb and Dumber wrote:I currently townread Banana
and retract my scumpings on SS and Joey, and
retract my townpings on Bee

I also have townpings on NorwegianBoy

- Dumber
I still like Bee even after the current events
Yeah, thinking about it some more, I think it's fine too

- Dumber
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:36 pm

Post by Joey_ »

@Red; can you tell me where your head's at regarding the game? I still feel your slot has the worse content by far so gimme some content
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:37 pm

In post 153, Jackel98 wrote:Was Radical Rat's religious "roleplaying" really so out of character that two (three if counting D&D) people saw it as a flavour crumb, let alone one obvious enough to just out to everyone? Like, I'll trust you guys if that's the case, but I thought the point of crumbs was to leave subtle clues to point at later, and that pointing them out would be kind of against that.

I don't know how to read androgybee's fakeclaim, if it's AI at all. I guess it could be a way to see if a PR would out themselves, but that's a stretch tbh. Like, gutwise, trolling/muddying the water seems anti-town, since we'd be operating on false assumptions about how corruption works until they either out themselves or get eliminated, but I can't find scum motivation beyond just misinformation.

Joey_, why did you immediately believe their claim, yet you questioned D&D on why they thought SS was voting androgybee for trolling? You did say overthinking is your brand.
I don't love this post, for a few reasons:
a) The first bit feels like they're trying to undermine the townreads on Radical Rat
b) the second paragraph feels like scum who doesn't know how to react to a town!androgybee's fakeclaim

(Me disliking this post is a large part of why my other head voted for Jackel)

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:40 pm

In post 186, catboi wrote:|˄·͈༝·͈˄₎.。oO Second line in 26 is trying to look town.
Go on ...

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:43 pm

In post 270, Radical Rat wrote:Prodge for now.
I fucked up my neck a bit and am trying to limit phone/computer use.

Nothing super serious, I'm fine, just don't want to make things worse.
I hope you're OK!
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:46 pm

In post 303, androgybee wrote:Why vote Jackel? I am town reading him.

~Bee
Why?
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:48 pm

In post 308, androgybee wrote:I liked the post on Joey felt more like solving then wolf making comments.
Like it was kinda observant I guess, shows he was pinged by Joey and either double checked his ISO or put his posts into his memory to make that kind of connection.
Ah, sorry, should have read a bit more.

I don't think this was townie really. To me it felt a lot more like 'a wolf making comments' than 'solving'

- Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:51 pm

Town: banana, nor, joey, possibly SS
Scummy: jackel, redtea, starbuck

I keep vacillating on where to put androgybee

Everyone else: I don't know
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:53 pm

Post by Joey_ »

Also to add to DD's 334;

this line ''Joey_, why did you immediately believe their claim, yet you questioned D&D on why they thought SS was voting androgybee for trolling? You did say overthinking is your brand.''

Alligator line is phrased in a way where it feels like he's asking a question, but it's not actually the case. If you read carefully, he already had a narrative in his mind and he doesn't actually gives a crap why I believed the claim. The reason was already stated in my very first post in the game and he said he already knew but disagreed with the answer.

If he were being genuine, h
e wouldv'e pushed on the reasons for me believing the claim which he disagreed/didn't understand
instead of asking a question he knew the answer (reason why i believed the claim) while pointing out the incoherence. Basically, he shaded me very carefully, even using my own words so he wouldn't seems to be as responsible for ''calling out'' that incoherence.

IMO, that's careful scumplay and is one of the many ways I do play scum myself. Pushing on objectively true infos is basically the safest way to play mefia

Andregee said that alligator showed in his 4 posts that he remembered interactions and made mental notes, thats actually true and I totally agree with that; I just think it's scum AI rather than town AI in this instance. Someone knowing the game content, having mental notes etc while only posting 4 times means he carefully picked&choose the content he decided to post on. And agrogee, if anything, an inverse relationship between in-game activity (post count) and how knowledgeable they are of the game's content is scum AI.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:57 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 335, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 186, catboi wrote:|˄·͈༝·͈˄₎.。oO Second line in 26 is trying to look town.
Go on ...

- Dumber
=^._.^= ∫ if I had more I'd say it but I'm not interested in pursuing that right now
Dumb and Dumber
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Dumb and Dumber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:57 pm

That's actually the one bit of the post that I didn't have an issue with but I see where you're coming from

I felt like their back-and-forth with you was scummy, it felt like scum trying to make conversation about, well, nothing really

- Dumber
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Joey_ »

In post 161, Jackel98 wrote:
In post 156, Joey_ wrote:
In post 153, Jackel98 wrote:Joey_, why did you immediately believe their claim, yet you questioned D&D on why they thought SS was voting androgybee for trolling? You did say overthinking is your brand.
My first post
In post 36, Joey_ wrote:Post restriction was implied in the mod post so I am inclined to take it as cash
I guess reading isn't your brand
It's not that I can't read, but comprehension isn't a strong suit of mine, apparently. Specifically, I can't comprehend how that answers the question. You take their claim at face value, no questions asked, because the mod colours the word, but you do question D&D how they could have read "VOTE: , [statement]" as the statement being reasoning for the vote.
Like, even if Alligator didn't ''comprehend how that answers the question'' the question
was
answered. Now that he stated he didn't think my reason was good enough for him, instead of trying to understand my thought process, he immediately mention the very same D&D stuff again in different words.

Notice how he didn't ask me anything at all in that post yet he is ''pushing me'' and is acting as if he was scumhunting. When you scumhunt, you are being inquisitive and trying to gather new informations to make a better decision about sorting the dude you're talking to. In both his posts, he proved he never had the intention to really sort me right? He's not trying to gather new informations, he just pushing his narrative
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 295, Starbuck wrote:This is not the climax that I was hoping for.
Paused in my reading™, to say: right??! And they really could've waited instead of the back and forth??
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by redtea »

Oh wow
*Old account here
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by NDMath »

In post 230, BananaCucho wrote:I kinda forgot NDMath was a player in this game until his latest posts
I stopped counting how many people have said variations of this.
In post 231, BananaCucho wrote:NDMath: What is your opinion on Bee given the gambit they played? I know you mentioned that you liked catbois reads but other than that I don't see any opinion on it
Beeboy was negative utility the other time I played with him so I found that odd but took it as true. Given the fake claim couldn't have come before seeing their role pm due to the mod posts, it would be something nahdia came up with. I am unsure how to read it but I would put it as townlean.
In post 251, Joey_ wrote:Open question: @charmander
do you feel cheap for scum that I townread you correctly with bad infos or feel cheap for me because I incorrectly townread you?

I have been townread exclusively for bad reasons this game and I haven’t had the herat to plant a seed of doubt in my fans when the consequence (being townread) is exclusively good and will help me further my wincon. Could you say it’s anti-town to shoot down townreads on unprovable false premises?

Discuss
I find it very frustrating when person A call me scum for townreading person A. Beyond that specific case I don't care.
In post 257, Dumb and Dumber wrote:
In post 227, NDMath wrote:I like catboi's reads in #181.
Which reads of his do you find yourself agreeing with more?

-Dumbass
I disagree with S_S being obvtown but respect the take.
Haven't looked into second section much.
I agree with the third section and at the time I scumread norwee and redtea.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by redtea »

So this is a bit of a follow-up to my last (acutal) post.
In post 234, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 232, catboi wrote:
In post 220, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 204, catboi wrote:My post was never intended as a comprehensive solve,
Actually. You did specifically say: "EASY GAME PEOPLE LELELELE" which made me believe that was your final game solve.
(,,Ծ‸Ծ,, ) And you took a page 8 post as a serious gamesolve because...?
Because i just played a game with someone that fucking hard tunneled me from page 2 and literally called me/another guy the scum team and i had to fight their bone headed tunnel for 10 pages before i got lynched and flipped town. Sorry if you're different, i get kind of twitchy when i see myself included in scum reads early.
To me this looks like you were about to start beef with catboi, and were assuming we wouldn't find their joke about having solved the game in good town-taste. But since multiple people went "wait what? It was a joke though?" you began backtracking.
Related: I don't like that banancucho gave up so quick in . He hopped on and off this issue pretty quick.
In post 254, Porkens wrote:*232 by catboi is a scum-point ping.
I understand getting a scum-ping from if it was about his reads not being serious, but it was about it not being a serious
solve
. Did you misread that? Keep in mind the og quote is a partial one of .

I don't blame catboi for moving on to push Jackel btw. That doesn't make me not interested in this shit anymore though.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:27 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 258, Joey_ wrote:Red’s post are the worse in the game so far; exclusively showing a scum pov, being almost too self-aware, apologetic, not inquisitive by answering for the person hes asking/talking to. He sounds like a monologue and NEE “What’s a joke?” Is more towny to me than red’s 3 last wall. It says a lot
I have to wall! I've been such a slowpoke

More seriously:
Joey's very recent hardass posts and have me reading him as town. That and the fact that after people pointed out he wasn't posting well, he really stepped up his game and has been going strong. The fact he both changed and kept it up is very town to me. I feel like maf are more prone to having a surge of posts before falling back again, or will pick a fight to have something easy to respond to without really hunting. This might be a big reason others are tr'ing him now, and I agree.

Also
I maf-lean Norwegian and possibly banana (I have a couple things to go back to) and I don't think Norwegian would implicate two scum partners in in his town reads so. Any ill-feelings I had towards Joey before don't really have room here.
Not to mention the likelihood of grouping together any three players and having
one
of them flip maf. So take this as me teasing the idea of Norwe/banana, though either/or is more realistic.

Oh, and I just remembered I have a WILD idea. I know how this sounds. Trust me, I know, I knew immediately how it would sound. But what if bananacucho needs corruption for, not voting, but for wincon/to unlock a special ability. Because he can't vote, then he must gain corruption a different way, as we know. So, should we be more wary of a possible corruption-giver giving corruption (town or maf role)?
No, because it wouldn't really be a big deal given what the mod's said.
But
maybe something will be different Day 2 and we should look out for it.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Post by redtea »

Something different that isn't obvious by banana having a vote if that happens is what I mean, ofc.
*Old account here

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”