WaltertheDunce10
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:46 am

Post by WaltertheDunce10 »

In post 344, Truth wrote:
In post 337, 0verki11 wrote:superbowl is towny
psyche im still trying to work out tbh
Bugspray seems like possibly an alright kill?
rereading thread to see if I can pick up on anything new, then will post a vote
Could this be a post that overkill meant to post to his mafia thread? He is talking about killing bugspray rather than executing them.

Walter, I want Nash to claim because he is suspicious and it would give him less time to think about his claim later if he is mafia. I would like Nash to say whether he is okay with claiming.
Could be?
K, why does town benefit from a claim that in all likelihood not going to be voted out?
Why give Mafia a free pr / marrow the pool?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:53 am

Post by osuka »

In post 255, Psyche wrote:Another reason I'm voting osuka is that his posting style also seems unnatural, and unlike bugspray who can only call me nervous or weird w/o any further explanation, I can be more specific about why I find his posts that way.

His early posting seems simultaneously irreverent and self-conscious, a conflict that comes off as a bit inauthentic. Posts 105, 109, 139 seem like the best examples of this. His rather hyperbolic reaction to my case against him also fits in the category. On the one hand, he's very attentive to how his posts come off. He pulls a youtube video and large bold font to comment on off-hand oneliner calling his posts "frustrated". He's deeply curious what response LicketyQuickety expected to his question. He wants to know what LQ thinks of his readiness to BS. And But on the other hand, his style and tone are irreverent. Across his whole iso he posts in terse one-liners w/ little concern for grammar/punctuation, and is willing to use really vulgar, hyperbolic language to describe people's posts.

The conflict in all this is that this baseline disrespect for others and the stuff they take seriously doesn't fit well with the co-occuring pattern of spending a lot of time/energy reacting to and interrogating others' idea of him.

There are other potential explanations for these patterns - for example, narcissism. An excessive need for admiration, disregard for others' feelings, an inability to handle criticism, and so on are par for the course when it comes to narcissists and cleanly explains the conflicts I'm picking up on. But given that we're only at page 11, I'm exploring the hypothesis that a situational mediator explains the conflict: osuka's win condition especially requires that he manage our impressions of him, but he doesn't want us to catch that. We'll see which pans out.
firstly, you mistake genuine curiosity for self-consciousness. I'm not very self-conscious because I don't typically care enough to be but that means nothing to you if you can't trust me at my word - which, in a game of mafia, is not typically the case.

it's actually a bit clear that you're really not that familiar with my game. i lose my shit fairly regularly and that translates into hyperboles because people just do really, really,
really
stupid shit and i can't really scream over text. as stated, I _used_ to care but now it seems like i have depleted all of that

I ask others about me a lot of the time because i find the game much more engaging when i'm being directly engaged - i don't think i've ever said that at any point in time but it's just a way for the games to be a bit more fun for me. As an aside, you're not the first person to call me a narcissist on ms and you probably won't be the last, but it really is mostly disregard for other people's feelings (oops) rather than inability to be criticized and need for admiration

nice try though

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 344, Truth wrote:
Could this be a post that overkill meant to post to his mafia thread? He is talking about killing bugspray rather than executing them.

Walter, I want Nash to claim because he is suspicious and it would give him less time to think about his claim later if he is mafia. I would like Nash to say whether he is okay with claiming.

Using "kill" instead of executing isn't a problem, i've seen plenty of townies do that, and the rest of the post clearly isn't meant for scum

And no, unnecessary D1 claims are pointless, don't do that
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:58 am

Post by osuka »

In post 352, Gypyx wrote:Using "kill" instead of executing isn't a problem, i've seen plenty of townies do that
yes
In post 352, Gypyx wrote:and the rest of the post clearly isn't meant for scum
but no

where did you get that the rest of the post clearly isn't meant for scum? I can definitely see that being in a mafia pt

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:05 am

Post by Gypyx »

Well, first, in what world does mafia consider bugspray as the nightkill?

Second "trying to work out" just on it's own is a very unlikely sentance to be made, like i can see "trying to work out what to do with this" / "trying to work out if they're a PR" but i don't see that bit alone

And then, him calling superbowl "towny" isn't something i'd see if a maf PT
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:18 am

Post by osuka »

In post 354, Gypyx wrote:Well, first, in what world does mafia consider bugspray as the nightkill?

Second "trying to work out" just on it's own is a very unlikely sentance to be made, like i can see "trying to work out what to do with this" / "trying to work out if they're a PR" but i don't see that bit alone

And then, him calling superbowl "towny" isn't something i'd see if a maf PT
i don't know whether or not bugspray is a good nk candidate. I haven't thought about it and that slot is a doozy

"trying to work out" could refer to a PR or just "figuring out where they stand in terms of reads"

calling someone "towny" happens in a mafia pt if you want to say that, for example, someone is acting like they are, or perceived to be, a member of the town

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:27 am

Post by Gypyx »

True but like, it's an accumulation of these small details that make me think that this isn't really belonging in a mafia PT, i think i'll check overkill's previous scumgames still to be safe
Show

bottom text
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:39 am

Post by osuka »

In post 356, Gypyx wrote:True but like, it's an accumulation of these small details that make me think that this isn't really belonging in a mafia PT, i think i'll check overkill's previous scumgames still to be safe
like don't get me wrong, i'm not saying that's a scumpost. I'm just saying it's not a slip either way and it's very nai

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Gypyx »

Then looks like we're agreeing
Show

bottom text
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:48 am

Post by osuka »

sounds like it

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:14 am

Post by Looker »

In post 347, osuka wrote:
In post 335, Psyche wrote:it's really not that hard to just respect a fking pronoun
yeah i just am not very good at remembering

like as much as i am an asshole, i really don't intentionally disrespect people's wishes in that department because it accomplishes nothing other than creating unnecessary tension. I really don't have bad intentions here

this is the one time in the game you can trust me not to be an ass
So when bugspray is hammered, how counterproductive do you think it'll be that all their content has been based on gender pronouns? Does this not look like a strategy to you?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:16 am

Post by osuka »

In post 360, Looker wrote:
In post 347, osuka wrote:
In post 335, Psyche wrote:it's really not that hard to just respect a fking pronoun
yeah i just am not very good at remembering

like as much as i am an asshole, i really don't intentionally disrespect people's wishes in that department because it accomplishes nothing other than creating unnecessary tension. I really don't have bad intentions here

this is the one time in the game you can trust me not to be an ass
So when bugspray is hammered, how counterproductive do you think it'll be that all their content has been based on gender pronouns? Does this not look like a strategy to you?
i mean i'm not the one making a fuss about it, what am i supposed to do

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:16 am

Post by osuka »

i hardly ever take offense even when people are actively trying to offend me, let alone because of how they refer to me. i've truly heard it all

Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Looker »

I don't care about any of that. What I'm saying is, do you think bugspray is avoiding posting anything but pronoun conversation as a way to not leave any connections to scumpartners?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:24 am

Post by osuka »

let me iso bugspray for a little and get back to ya

Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Not Known 15 »

Vote Count 1.3bugspray(6)superbowl9,Dunnstral,Truth,WaltertheDunce10,Looker,Gypyx,

Psyche(3)Nash,osuka,bugspray,redtea,

Not Voting(2)
LicketyQuickety
,0verki11,

osuka(1)Psyche,

WaltertheDunce10(0)

Truth(0)

Gypyx(0)

LicketyQuickety
(0)

superbowl9(0)

Dunnstral(0)

Looker(0)

Nash(0)

redtea(0)

0verki11(0)

No Execute (0)

With 13 alive it is 7 to execute, and 7 to No Execute.

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2020-07-28 02:40:00) or when an execution has been achieved.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:49 am

Post by Looker »

In post 364, osuka wrote:let me iso bugspray for a little and get back to ya
Your response will help me determine some partner equity
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:13 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 338, Gypyx wrote:ok so reads list because superbowl asked for it, please give feedback on the formatting i'm trying out stuff

townreads
redtea : multiple townpings from him, mostly about the fact that he does theories only to make them evolve very shortly after, i think that's a hard mindset to reproduce as scum

Dunnstral : kinda quiet player, but the fact that he isn't really caring about the 3 top wagons, while still making the game progress makes me feel good about him, as scum would generally want to focus on where there's the most action

looker :mostly a gut read

neutral reads
overkill : originally had him as a townread considering that his style of posting didn't fit a scum agenda (just stating stuff without pushing the game) but post and are kinda worrying me, so he's going back to the null reads
Truth : the level of skill presented by truth doesn't really help to read him, but i think that it's pretty safe to say that truth didn't really act scummy as of right now, just weirdly
Nash : lack of activity kinda prevents getting a good read, but his posts feel as if he's trying to advance the game so not really a priority

Suka : I really struggle to read this dude, can't find anything town or scummy in him

scumreads
psyche: mostly the same case that Suka, but while scanning his ISO, post pinged me so he's lower on the list

Superbowl : i feel like there's something off about superbowl, but i need to take the time to make a read of his ISO, more on that later
Walter : has been acting scummy at the start of the game, and even after i pushed him, posting didn't really get better

bugspray : already explained why i'm scumreading bugspray, problem is that my 2 other scumreads are voting him, so that's kinda worrying

got a little bit more coming later

(spent 2 hours writing that shit ffs)
my pronouns are they/them
MY PRONOUNS ARE THEY/THEM

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:17 am

Post by bugspray »

if you hammer me you will get a useless green flip holy SHIT

do not assume my posts follow coherency they do not imagine that every time i post i put half of my knowledge into a clone and then the clone murders me
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:18 am

Post by bugspray »

this post pings me as really scummy and as per usuall i am unable to articulate how

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:20 am

Post by bugspray »

like okay lets imagine two worlds:
1: the world where i am town:
- you all gain almost no useful information from my flip
2: the world where i am scum:
- you all gain almost no useful information from my flip

right now im trying to make sure that you start getting useful information from my flip because im fucking town and FUCK WHY DO I HAVE truesoulenergy syndrome

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:21 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 362, osuka wrote:i hardly ever take offense even when people are actively trying to offend me, let alone because of how they refer to me. i've truly heard it all
In post 363, Looker wrote:I don't care about any of that. What I'm saying is, do you think bugspray is avoiding posting anything but pronoun conversation as a way to not leave any connections to scumpartners?
In post 364, osuka wrote:let me iso bugspray for a little and get back to ya
this is like an easy dance
they seem so relaxed together
are town normally this relaxed together?

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:22 am

Post by bugspray »

i remember a game where looker contantly tried to attack the IC by saying how many wagons will this ic be on? and im p sure he was scum but i dont think theres any credibility attack going on rn

bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:24 am

Post by bugspray »

i think overkill and psyche are both scum but also i can't explain my thoughts im a fucking can of bugspray

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 348, osuka wrote:
In post 339, Psyche wrote:trying to force me back to mafblack w that fonting
i think the real question is why would you be using literally anything other than mafblack
i did a literature review and it seems that while dark modes reduce eye strain, light modes are best for readability. and the reason dark modes are so good for readability is that they have less luminance — emitted light intensity. one study found that it's possible to control the luminance of a light mode interface such that there's no longer a significant difference in eye strain compared to dark mode, all while maintaining their readability advantage. so i use a browser extension and mafmobile to try simulating this effect by producing a gray mode (darker than mafmobile's default grayness) combining the best of both worlds.

the problem w all this though is that most of the time i'm browsing mafiascum on my phone :(
You can't step in the same river twice.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”