Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Johoohno »

Vote count
(10 players alive = 6 to lynch before deadline)
(1) OhGodMyLife – MafiaMann
(1) raverblood – Mariyta
(1) Mariyta – OhGodMyLife
(1) Rage – raverblood

Not voting:
Gremwell, Rage, sekinj, Singing Librarian, ThAdmiral, thinktank

Deadline:
Saturday 9 August 1:00 AM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:58 am

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote:Because I feel your reasons for the FOS are completely unfounded.
That was stated much better than previously. Thank you. However, you obviously wouldn't agree with suspicion against yourself.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by thinktank »

Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:
FoS: Mariyta and Rage

Besides me, they have been the most eager to drag information out of others. I have let everyone know my reasons, but they have yet to explain theirs.
Yes, I wanted info from you, who claimed a very odd claim, and from OGML, who claimed vanilla, then refused to give anything else to prove that claim. I'm such a horrible person.
as I've said before, it is scummy because you push for full disclosure, but are not willing to give it yourself.
Um, because I'm not currently on the block, and there's no need for me to give that much information? Have you EVER played mafia before?
Defensive much?
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Rage »

I'm back from vacation now.
Rage wrote:Therefore, I'd like to know all of your name, your role name and your gender before you earn my vote, please.
A lot of people read this thinking my intention was to vote for OhGodMyLife no matter whether the information was given out. Meaning it didn't matter what was said because I would still be voting for him. What I meant to get across by saying this is that I would like to know the information I asked for out of him, and then depending on what was given out I could judge whether or not to put my vote on OhGodMyLife, because I have Knowledge in my role related to what I am asking. Why would I request information from OGML that would be revealed upon his death?
OhGodMyLife wrote:Um... no. I'm not giving you more role information so I can still earn your vote. Good try.
You OBVIOUSLY have not given the Town enough evidence against Sekinj for a lynch. Plus, you've only focused on the fact that I want more information out of you, which I'm sure would be beneficial to the Town in this deadlock between you and Sekinj, so I'm assuming you have no problem with this:
Rage wrote:OGML, you unvoted Sekinj, and asked him a question where the answer is one he has been giving all along. Then you attack Mariyta with no reasoning or much basis, as you have only said you think she is scum all along, completely moving away from your attack on Sekinj. Methinks it is because you are lying about having no night action and thought you would have enough evidence to convince the town to lynch Sekinj, and are not willing to give any more information about your role because it would be incriminating.
Moving on..
Raverblood wrote:what??? i feel that it is was to early to start claiming. if we all do that the scum will know how is a threat that they need to get rid of first and who can wait.
You misunderstand me, I'm very against mass-claiming on Day 1. I only want OhGodMyLife to give out the information, and although I wouldn't mind more players doing so, too much information would hurt the Town more than it would help, especially because everyone could have Knowledge. It is likelier that nobody knows, so to get a decisive answer for who to lynch, between Sekinj and OhGodMyLife, I have to rely on what information was given to me before. My role's Knowledge.

@Everyone, If I didn't ask for his role-name, do you think the players currently suspicious of me would still as suspicious? He doesn't HAVE to give it out, considering doing so has the possibility to give out the Vanilla Townie role name and in a themed game may not be too smart, but I would still like to know the names that no one else in this game could possibly have, preferably before OGML is lynched.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by Mariyta »

thinktank wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:
FoS: Mariyta and Rage

Besides me, they have been the most eager to drag information out of others. I have let everyone know my reasons, but they have yet to explain theirs.
Yes, I wanted info from you, who claimed a very odd claim, and from OGML, who claimed vanilla, then refused to give anything else to prove that claim. I'm such a horrible person.
as I've said before, it is scummy because you push for full disclosure, but are not willing to give it yourself.
Um, because I'm not currently on the block, and there's no need for me to give that much information? Have you EVER played mafia before?
Defensive much?
I think annoyed is a better description.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Mariyta wrote:I think annoyed is a better description.
It's sort of the same thing.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:56 pm

Post by MafiaMann »

So do we still think either sekinj or OMGL are scum?
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:04 am

Post by thinktank »

We know definitely that one of them is lying. Figuring out which one is lying is a herculean feat in itself because it seems that even they do not know which one of them is lying. Meaning either one or both of them are scum or some of the information that they've been given is false, which is also bad for the town.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:51 am

Post by Mariyta »

Looking at it more, the thing that made me think OGML is telling the truth was my misinterpretation of what he said. His instant lose condition (backed up by Sekinj and others) made me think he must be telling the truth. However, I missed the part on my PM where I have one of those too, and now I'm getting the feeling that everyone has one.

So,
Unvote
. I would like to hear more from OGML. For making such a powerful claim/accusation, you've been fairly quiet about everything else.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Rage »

Cue: More evidence from OhGodMyLife

See what I'm talking about?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Mod: any chance of an extended deadline?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Mariyta »

I didn't realize the deadline was so close. I think an OGML lynch is probably the best route at this point. Completely refuses to even participate, much less give any evidence to his claim. If he had been more active in trying to find scum, rather than just trying to discredit sekinj, I'd be more willing to believe him. His lynch will also help us know the truth about Sekinj.

Vote OGML
-Susan Ertz

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I found you, didn't I?

After I get deadline lynched, you guys should be killing Mariyta and then Rage with all due haste.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Mariyta »

OhGodMyLife wrote:I found you, didn't I?

After I get deadline lynched, you guys should be killing Mariyta and then Rage with all due haste.
Nicely played. Rather than responding with something useful, you make snarky little comments. You'd be much better off just participating in the conversation.
-Susan Ertz

Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:11 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Mod note:
There will be no extension on the deadline.

Deadline:
Saturday 9 August 1:00 AM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Rage »

lol, Right now methinks his role
appears
as pro-town since he's said a bunch of nothing to back his claims.
OhGodMyLife wrote:I found you, didn't I?
I'm sorry, let's look at this from the perspective of the players who have received "enough", as you call it, evidence to lynch Sekinj. We, every player except you and Sekinj, have absolutely no idea what your role could be, beyond having a Cop-like role who investigated you on Night 0, so when you just blatantly state "I have no night actions, lynch Sekinj because he is lying" doesn't mean much at all. I have high doubts of this, but if you are truly pro-town, wouldn't you want a little bit more as evidence? You both can be proven wrong so easily, and although I don't think a deadline lynch is necessary at this point in time, what other option do we really have? Move on and put useless, near-random suspicion on another player, only to come back.. when? No thanks, not only are we are past that stage in the game, I doubt any further information would come up unless you provide it. Besides, you could just as easily have a role that appears as pro-town, isn't, be taking advantage of it by "proving" Sekinj is lying, and get "two" Townies eliminated. There is absolutely no way to prove your argument until post-game discussion.

Now, if you are actually pro-town, I'd like to hear more than just your name, and although my frustration would have been settled with just that, you apparently you would like to wait until you are lynched to give it up. I'd like to know every little, no matter how insignificant you think it is, piece of information your character has been given before you are deadline-lynched. 'Cause if it's given to a pro-town player, how can it NOT benefit the Town? Keeping it a secret for the entire game would be unjust for a pro-town player to do, no? If "no" is your answer, my vote will be on you, and as you should know, it isn't now.
OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:00 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

Giving you the name and other flavor information in my role in no way proves my claim of having no night action.

I love the word snarky.

Unvote, Vote: Rage
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by Rage »

Thanks, you're making this thing called scum-hunting so much easier.

Vote: OhGodMyLife
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:48 pm

Post by sekinj »

I've been holding off on voting OGML because I couldn't see why he would be lying. However, he is currently not helping the town at all. If he is pro-town then he's made quite a distraction of himself, which I admit applies to me as well, but I couldn't see how to use my info without claiming epecially since I have nothing EXCEPT my Knowledge and also was about to be lynched. However, I have attempted to be as forthcoming as possible.

With the upcoming deadline I see no other good option but to vote OGML. Maryita is still very suspicious to me.

Vote: OGML
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

thinktank wrote:We know definitely that one of them is lying. Figuring out which one is lying is a herculean feat in itself because it seems that even they do not know which one of them is lying. Meaning either one or both of them are scum or some of the information that they've been given is false, which is also bad for the town.
I severely doubt both are scum.

I'm going to
vote: mariyta
. I know it's basically useless at this point but I believe she was one of the main culrpits fanning the fires of the "binary choice", and then recently turned on ogml when just previously she was interested in hearing more from him.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Rage »

ThAdmiral wrote:I'm going to vote: mariyta. I know it's basically useless at this point but I believe she was one of the main culrpits fanning the fires of the "binary choice", and then recently turned on ogml when just previously she was interested in hearing more from him.
You're not voting for me for doing the same thing? Albeit, my vote is based a little different because I asked for more information from OhGodMyLife and instead received his vote on me.

@Mod, I beg for more time to discuss! I beg, I tell you! We, collectively as a Town, both pro and anti-town alike, have no way to truly know if it is Sekinj who is lying or OhGodMyLife, as not enough evidence/information is at all of our disposals/been released. With the deadline approaching, some of us (namely myself, Mariyta, Sekinj and ThAdmiral) have chosen to "take a shot in the dark" against one of the two sides, but I'm doubting anyone on the bandwagon, including myself, has enough information to make the correct decision. So, I request the removal, or at least an extension, that will allow more time for questions to be answered and thoughtful decisions to be made. Is that not what Day 1 is all about? Is that not what Mafia itself is all about? I beg!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:58 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

to be fair as far as i can tell day one is mainly about shooting in the dark...

I would absolutely like an extension though
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:03 pm

Post by sekinj »

I'm goign to change my vote to Mariyta at this time because I do believe she has acted more inflamatory than a townie should.

I voted OGML because it seemed that Mar was a hopeless cause, but now it's not looking as bad as before. I will try to check again before the deadline.

Unvote, Vote: Mar

I will add my plea for a deadline extension. It would be very helpful if we could at least wait until Monday evening.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Asking for information is not inflammatory. I asked you for a name, because I didn't believe your claim at the time. I asked OGML for... well... anything. You're being quite silly.
-Susan Ertz

Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Mod note:
Three of you have now asked for a deadline, so I will move the deadline:

New deadline:
Monday 11 August 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”