farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:20 am

Post by farside22 »

I will say the only thing I think that will help some people (maybe) understand what I will be doing.
What ever doesn't kill me makes me stronger.
With that said I am going to look at each person I named and go through why and what I found as scummy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:11 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:I found out I can't clear EK due to her being blocked.
There are some weird machanics to this game.
Are you sure I was blocked? It seems like the mod wouldn't confirm that sort of thing.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:14 am

Post by killa seven »

i chose mirth to track lord gurgi.

shes now dead..
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:37 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:My night action was screwed with. FYI. Would anyone like to admit it?

Also,

vote Chenhsi
I assumed by this comment above you were blocked or taunted as I believe Spryx admitted as much.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:
elvis_knits wrote:My night action was screwed with. FYI. Would anyone like to admit it?

Also,

vote Chenhsi
I assumed by this comment above you were blocked or taunted as I believe Spryx admitted as much.
Well I guess I'm not sure if it matters because I don't know how your role works. But I would think taunting would appear different than blocking. But... I guess it doesn't deserve arguing until such time as you need to reveal how your role works.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by farside22 »

Out of laziness I'm going to say first 1, second post and ext instead of post numbers. If you are confused let me know. Also doing on person analysis a post because I get busy and lose notes:

Azimuth - 2nd post: Talks about attacking those who claim eagerly, but doesn't place a vote against anyone. 4th post claims he believes he knows IM's role. Talks about the silliness of the game. Post 5 states he believes claim and was going to guess IM as announcer. Starts to question IM after Mirth questions him. Post 6 he talks about his lack of voting (how are you agressive as post 2 states then) 7th post: votes Luigi for backwards talk (seems contradictory to previous statment.) Post 8: I'm quoting this one
I don't want to put her at L-2 in case there is disagreement from others
. This sounds like someone looking for approval. Post 9 another quoted moment:
I may not like some of Iron Man and Luigi's actions and (chenhsi and killa seven's lack thereof), but it is getting difficult to keep my vote off DBE
He keeps talking about others actions, but never says really what they are doing as scum. Post 12 another quote:
5. Right now killa seven and chenhsi appear to be worse than useless with their play style, particularly the latter. I know it's not very pro-town to say so, but I might easily be persuaded to help lynch them just to remove the distraction from this game. Also: Dear Mod, may we also prod JordanA24? It has been ten days since he posted anything here.
I don't understand one thing actually more then one. Why is cherish and K7 mentioned, but not others who are also not so talkative or helpful. Post 15: Threatening to vote IM but willing to wait (how nice of you) doesn't still really have a reason that people are scummy except for there lack of comment. Still at this point I get the impression that he is using what others say instead of his own point of view. Post 16 quote:
I definitely have not seen that to be the case, especially on days where a townie is lynched
. I laughed at this as only one townie was lynched thus far, but he stayed away from the scum wagon as well. I felt he missed LG point on purpose.
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Azimuth »

Well, farside22, I'm certainly confused, in that I don't know quite how to respond to most of your post. You've shown, I guess, that it's possible to go through someone else's posts and choose the most suspicious interpretations for each one, with no regard to context or meaning. I suppose I can make a few general points, just in case they address something:

--I've already explained that I was more whimsical early in the game. What's the point of defending oneself if people don't read the defenses?
--This is now the second game I've been in where avoiding an L-2 situation is being pushed as some sort of mafia tell. Can anyone explain this at all?
--I singled out killa seven and chenhsi as "worse than useless" because they weren't just lurking; they were in fact more active than others but seemed to be deliberately refraining from posting anything of substance. I should say that farside22 points this out without giving any explanation why it makes her suspicious of me.
--In fact, several accusations seem vague. I'm talking about other people? Well, she's got me there; I certainly was talking about other people. If she could be more clear as to why she thinks certain things are suspicious, I could probably do a better job of explaining them.

The last one I will have to quote:
farside22 wrote:Post 16 quote:
I definitely have not seen that to be the case, especially on days where a townie is lynched
. I laughed at this as only one townie was lynched thus far, but he stayed away from the scum wagon as well. I felt he missed LG point on purpose.
I think it was fairly clear that LG and I were talking about "not voting=mafia" as a general notion, pertaining to more than just this one game. Why farside22 should pretend that I was only referring to this game is beyond me; it seems a little too deliberate of a misinterpretation on her part. Plus, if she thinks I missed LG's point (I don't think I did) she should please explain what she thought it was.

Beyond that, I have a general observation to make. It seems that so far in this game we've made both of our lynches on false pretenses: we thought both DBE and IM were lying, only to find out that they were more or less telling the truth. Plus, one of them was mafia anyway, so even telling the truth about one's role is not necessarily a town tell. I think that making lynch decisions based on the specific roles of this game is something we should set aside for now, if we can. Discussing specific actions or occurrences, like why one person died last night instead of two or what (if anything) killa seven's revelation in post 1002 might signify, might be a better foundation for today. What do you all think?

I hope to have more specific thoughts on a few players later today or maybe tomorrow.
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:41 am

Post by farside22 »

--I singled out killa seven and chenhsi as "worse than useless" because they weren't just lurking; they were in fact more active than others but seemed to be deliberately refraining from posting anything of substance. I should say that farside22 points this out without giving any explanation why it makes her suspicious of me.
I pointed this out because there are others in the game that were not posting much either, but you left them out in your statement.

As for the not voting at the end of the day LG was talking about I think both day 1 and day 2 as neither day you had a vote on anyone.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:46 am

Post by farside22 »

Next on my list of scum is chenhsi:

chenhsi - Post 1 claims to be confused. Post 2 didn't see imaginality had a post restriction (funny). Post 3 question here: Why would you join a game if you had no clue on the subject of the theme? post up to 18 is a whole lot of nothing to say. There really isn't much to say about Chernhsi. He doesn't post anything helpful. Doesn't seem to know what is going on in the game and really if he doesn't get how to play or what is going probably should asked to be replaced. I know I'm going to get grief for this, but I don't think chernhsi is scum. I just don't think he plays mafia. It's anti town to not participate, but he is low on my list as far as scum go and I see this as an easy lynch for scum to jump on.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:00 am

Post by farside22 »

Next: JordanA24 now (imaginality)

JordanA24 now (imaginality) - Post 3 FOS IM for trying to tell people is role, but votes and comment on those who guess. I don't like this post mostly because IM asked people to guess his role so why vote for one person who did it. Post 5: This caught my attention: (Congrats on making us waste 7 pages on a pointless quest to discover your role that only really gave an advantage to the scum by letting them know a town role (assuming you're not scum yourself, which wouldn't be too far-fetched considering you led us all on a wild goose chase for no good reason). Post 5 continued Jordan seemed to be the first one to point out that luigi was probably joking. Also brings up the point that spryx and DBE could both be scum. Still waiting on imagine long post
Reading everything that JordanA said there were a few things that came off badely, but in the end he scum hunted and point to some inconsitance in other that has me leaning on him as a little less scummy atm.

I'm taking a break from this for now. I will be back later with more.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:13 am

Post by Muerrto »

Just popping to say I'm here. Agree on the Chensi and Jordan, not on the Azimuth so much. Waiting to hear the case on me since I was on the list.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by strappado »

I'm still here too...but dont have any leads...just waiting for someone to ping my radar. Still think chenhsi should be ashamed of himself whether he's scum or town. Haven't heard much from many other people. Game has quieted down...
http://strappado.mybrute.com
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by farside22 »

strappado wrote:I'm still here too...but dont have any leads...just waiting for someone to ping my radar. Still think chenhsi should be ashamed of himself whether he's scum or town. Haven't heard much from many other people. Game has quieted down...
I feel like I'm running a marathon that no one is racing with me.
Sigh.
Any thoughts on my points so far?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by imaginality »

I'm also here, still reading, work has been mad busy this week annoyingly, but this weekend is totally free so expect a detailed post from me by this time tomorrow. Apologies - had hoped to get my teeth into it sooner than this.

farside, I think you've misunderstood Azimuth, at least, I took him to be challenging Lord Gurgi's implication that not voting is a scum tell, by saying that (in general, not just in this game) not voting at the end of days when a townie is lynched is not a scum tell. (Whether or not that's true, I don't know.)

chenhsi, what do you think about how people reacted to your recent post commenting on the night kill? Do you have any useful insights, questions, anything to contribute to the scum hunt?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by farside22 »

My read on Muerrto:

Muerrto - No post by Borge. Does a read through believes Sprye comments on hilarity. Prodded after 3 days has no opinion. Post 5 saying since DBE came up as taunter seems that Spyrex suspicious. (I can understand this) Post 6 Again i agree about the PR outing themselves with all this talk. By post 8 I'm curious why he keeps getting upset with all the soft claims (yes I know it stupid to soft claim or claim unless necessary, but some claims have some what helped me in narrowing down certain leads). By post 12 it is clear to me that Muerrto doesn't seem to vote alot. He also seems focused on those not posting more then those that seem scummy. Post 14 Thinks the BK (bridge keeper) as too powerful of a role question is if the BK is town isn't that a good thing then? Last post I just curious who you think is scum at this point and why if you agree with me and my post.

My read on Muerrto is inconclusive. It like he hasn't said enough to really get a read on and what he has said has been good (in the beginning) to nothing at all. I think the talk of lurkers is a bit hypocritical coming from him.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by farside22 »

I have 3 more people.

TheSweatpantsNinja
SpyreX
The Internet

I will try and finish tomorrow, but I have one game I promised to do analysis on there so it depends on how busy my day is.
I would apprieciate any feed back to what I have stated thus far.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Muerrto »

farside22 wrote:My read on Muerrto:

Muerrto - No post by Borge. Does a read through believes Sprye comments on hilarity. Prodded after 3 days has no opinion. Post 5 saying since DBE came up as taunter seems that Spyrex suspicious. (I can understand this) Post 6 Again i agree about the PR outing themselves with all this talk. By post 8 I'm curious why he keeps getting upset with all the soft claims (yes I know it stupid to soft claim or claim unless necessary, but some claims have some what helped me in narrowing down certain leads). By post 12 it is clear to me that Muerrto doesn't seem to vote alot. He also seems focused on those not posting more then those that seem scummy. Post 14 Thinks the BK (bridge keeper) as too powerful of a role question is if the BK is town isn't that a good thing then? Last post I just curious who you think is scum at this point and why if you agree with me and my post.

My read on Muerrto is inconclusive. It like he hasn't said enough to really get a read on and what he has said has been good (in the beginning) to nothing at all. I think the talk of lurkers is a bit hypocritical coming from him.
Um...I got prodded over the weekend. I've quit games for that(in fact I recently did) but I liked this one so I stayed in. I am VERY conscious of where my vote is at all times and I HATE lurkers. That's meta you'll always see about me.

As for not voting alot though, I voted for both DBE and Iron Man. How many other lynches have there been?

And soft claims ARE stupid which is why I haven't made one and I was sorry indeed to see you join the ranks of those that had.

Shrug I'll try and do a re-read and post something substantial later.

As for the BK, he does sound extrmely over-powered, town or scum. And no, that's not good for the town. This is a game and as such should be balanced. If you just wanted your side to win you could have a game of 4 cops, 4 docs, 4 vigs, and 1 scum =p

Good read on me though except the lurking/not voting part. I'm usually more agressive as well but since this is a silly type game I toned it down.

Still don't like Spyrex or K7(due to DBE and IM, respectively) and still wondering who the cult is since we're at day 3 and they could technically have 3 members by now. Does that not scare anyone else?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by chenhsi »

I think that there is nothing wrong on commenting on night kills...
I lost the game.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:26 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Vote: Chenhsi
. That's all I needed. Farside's making much sense.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by The Internet »

I'll wait until farside's pot series finishes, and possibly untlil imanginality's post before voting. So strappado, you aren't going to tell your results?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Hi all. I haven't read over Farside suspicions or posts 992-Present that 'much'. I have a couple of games hitting deadlines over the next 3 days and somewhat limited access, and therefore not enough time to enjoy the entertainment of this game. When I get the time i will return to being my usual helpful self and try to address some of what Gurgi, Farside, Azimuth and the others have said. I apoligize for not being able to focus myself here as much as i had previously been focusing myself here since this game is alot of fun.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Sorry, been busy between work and the swift game - kinda let this one slide to the back burner. I'd the rest of farside's comments.

@Muretto - why did you say you'd quit games because of a prod? What is it about me that makes me still scummy?

I agree that we've been too heavy on role analysis and not on scummy play - however, the roles and their interactions WILL play a huge part of this so both have to be accounted for.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Muerrto »

SpyreX wrote:@Muretto - why did you say you'd quit games because of a prod? What is it about me that makes me still scummy?
The prod thing was just a point I was making. I was prodded over the weekend and told(in not very friendly terms) that if I'm prodded twice more I'll be replaced. I was prodded over the next consecutive weekend and again chastised for a game =p I asked the mod to immediately replace me.

My point was I almost never get prodded so when Shaft prodded me over a weekend it kind of ticked me off but he hasn't done it again.

And I didn't say you're 'scummy' per se. I just still have trouble swallowing 2 french taunters.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I think the two french taunters is strange, too. However, I dont know what else to say about it. This game is a hard one to wrap around, rolewise.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:31 am

Post by strappado »

@ The Internet - no interesting informationw was gathered from my night action last night, so I dont have anything to reveal.

@farside - thank you for the commitment to the game. None of your reviews have sparked any "Aha" moments for me, but I do agree with the gist of most of it... I'm not sold on the bit about chenhsi though. Although usually when scum is called out for lurking they try to post something lengthy apologizing for lurking and try to make some ghost attempt at scumhunting - and chenhsi hasn't done that... it's possible he isn't capable of it... it's possible he's too scared to... I dont know what the truth is, but I know he hasn't done anything to help the game progress, we can't get anything more than a bland sentence out of him. I can't imagine why playing these games is fun for him if he isn't going to participate. Guess he likes reading? But you dont have to be in a game to read it.
I still think he's scum that's scared to post b/c he might make a mistake, doesn't want to link himself to his partners or slip up... that's my take on it.
http://strappado.mybrute.com

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”