charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:18 am

Post by charter »

Grimmy, I said it was idiotic before we lynched him. Now I'm questioning the people that voted for him, because lots of them provided either no or little justification.
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:48 am

Post by kloud1516 »

kloud1516 wrote:
unvote; vote: ABR

Your vig, then your vanilla, now your not vanilla. I can't trust you as far as I can throw you, and seeing how Scarecrow isn't the strongest villain that wasn't very far to begin with. You have been caught in several lies, and stirring up all of this confusion with your quick changing in position isn't helping the town. My diagnosis: poison ivy is just an irritable weed that needs to be exterminated before it can take root and fester.
IMO, this is substantial reasoning for voting for him. ABR was leading the town around in circles, claiming vig, then taking back the claim and promising he was vanilla, then withdrawing this claim as well. His antics were unhelpful and distracting, and this is why he was lynched. There was no need for him to lie about his character or his role, and him doing so several times was the most suspicious thing in the game at the time to me.
charter wrote:What part of if you weren't an idiot you wouldn't have wanted him lynched don't you understand.
As bus driver, attracting a vig kill makes PERFECT SENSE. Nothing he did yesterday was anti-town if you have a brain and can think.

LAL is possibly the dumbest policy I've ever seen in a mafia game.

My feline feelings are saddened because you can't get your role that you were on the outside.

Anyhow, Godot is still scum.
vote Godot
1) It would be one thing for him to act suspicious in order to attract a vig, but the ABR's chain of claiming and confessing he had lied WAS anti town. It was distracting and was providing no assistance to scum hunting at all.

2) None of us could have known he was bus driver, and of course his actions are going to make sense
AFTER
his role was revealed, so you condemning all that voted for him isn't going to get us anywhere (and neither are the ad homs). I can't speak for the others on the bandwagon, but I made the decision that I thought was the most logical with the content we all had been provided with, and that was to vote for the most suspicious player. The method might make sense to you, but it made more sense to me to lynch him, as it was only hindering the town.

FoS : charter
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:57 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Oh, and I forgot to add this to my post. Here is the list of those who have/haven't claimed along with their roles.

The Claimed
:

KingEnigma:
Ventrioquist
Singing Librarian
: Batman
Charter:
Catwoman
Me:
Scarecrow
Grimmy:
Two Face
Godot:
Mad hatter

The Unclaimed
:

ZONEACE
Crub
pwnz
Flameaxe

The claims have not provided any evidence to support the several theories still under discussion, but I am suspicious of those that did not claim Day 1 after it was agreed that we would mass claim. Singing Librarian has come forward as Batman, which means that there are two heroes that have yet to claim. I believe that Zoneace is the Riddler, but seeing as how he never did actually claim (at least I don't think he did) I could not add him to the claimed list.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Porochaz »

Edited to show clearly who posted
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Inspector Godot »

Flameaxe and Crub are almost certainly the two unclaimed heroes. I'd place a vote on one of them but Charter is just shitting me. Kloud's post certainly sums up why I placed a vote on ABR. Charter, I'm getting the sense from your posts that you're trying to be too townie. I really, really want to vote for you but that would be counterproductive to the town at this point.

Vote CRUB
you really need to speck more.
Wins/Losses
Town: 0/1
Scum: 0/0
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:18 am

Um, speak more. Feel free to speck more if you'd like, but I think speaking should be our number one priority right now.
Wins/Losses
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by Crub »

Mass-claim on day 1 seriously what the fuck. How is a mass-claim going to benefit town? Do you really think that the mod would make it that easy for the game to be broken? I'm not claiming other than to say that I'm not a hero, and having said that I think this "The heroes are the scums" idea is seriously retarded.

vote: Inspector Godot

What makes you so certain that there are 3 scum?
Moo?
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:10 pm

3 is a really good amount and it seems common for Mini games. Crub, I'm leaning towards you being Nightwing. I'm also leaning towards you being scum for not claiming. No one is asking you to roleclaim, we just want to know your character.
Wins/Losses
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

I don't think there's a real need to nameclaim or to roleclaim. I figured that 'coming out' as Batman couldn't hurt matters since we already had so many characters out in the open, and I doubt it would help scum immensely (though role claiming most definitely would), but it also doesn't really help town all that much.

As for voting ABR, it's been said by everyone already. He lied about his character and about his role. That's not helpful play to the town, and lying is much more likely to be scum tactics than town (even though ABR has an erratic style of play, this was even more unhelpful than some of his often clever gambits). "I'm a vig" followed by "I'm vanilla" followed by "I'm a power role". What? Why?

If Charter really can't see the reasons for what was, we can plainly see, a mislynch, then he really deserves suspicion.
Crub
Crub
Mafia Scum
Crub
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by Crub »

Inspector Godot wrote:Crub, I'm leaning towards you being Nightwing. I'm also leaning towards you being scum for not claiming. No one is asking you to roleclaim, we just want to know your character.
Considering the scum probably have a much better idea of the setup, why would we want to give them more information by claiming anything? What benefit does it have to the town, I'd say none other than fueling setup-speculation. What benefit does it have to the scum? Potentially lots.

Setup speculation is not our friend here. Anyone who pushed for the mass-claim, really needs more pressure.
Moo?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:03 am

Post by charter »

Singing Librarian wrote:As for voting ABR, it's been said by everyone already. He lied about his character and about his role. That's not helpful play to the town, and lying is much more likely to be scum tactics than town (even though ABR has an erratic style of play, this was even more unhelpful than some of his often clever gambits). "I'm a vig" followed by "I'm vanilla" followed by "I'm a power role". What? Why?

If Charter really can't see the reasons for what was, we can plainly see, a mislynch, then he really deserves suspicion.
So you even admit you lynched him despite him not being scummy? Not helpful to the town is very distictly different from making someone scum. Half of Zoneace's posts are not helpful to the town, but you don't suspect him do you? Flameaxe hasn't been helpful to the town so far, but he's free to go?

Your logic is singling out ABR when it should apply to others. If Godot didn't have another vote on him already, I'd vote you.

Go ahead and 'suspect' me because I can tell the difference between not helpful and scum.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:57 am

Not helpful and scummy can be very different things. In the case of ABR though, they weren't. He was all over the place which is counterproductive to the town. Flameaxe hasn't posted much, but that should change soon.

Unvote, Vote Flameaxe
Wins/Losses
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Porochaz »

Suddenly Jokers body starts twitching, his mouth begins to open...

Votecount sponsered by Batmite Image

Inspector Godot - 2 - charter, Crub

Charter - 1 - Zoneace
BBM - 1 - Inspector Godot

Not Voting - BBM, Singing Librarian, Grimmy, pwnz, kloud1516, King Enigma
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:58 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

charter wrote:
So you even admit you lynched him despite him not being scummy? Not helpful to the town is very distictly different from making someone scum. Half of Zoneace's posts are not helpful to the town, but you don't suspect him do you? Flameaxe hasn't been helpful to the town so far, but he's free to go?

Your logic is singling out ABR when it should apply to others. If Godot didn't have another vote on him already, I'd vote you.

Go ahead and 'suspect' me because I can tell the difference between not helpful and scum.
The difference between ABR's play yesterday and, say Zoneace, is quite substantial and important. While some of Zoneace's posts do not help town, ABR's play was actively unhelpful. Actively unhelpful generally equals scummy.

To turn this around, are you saying that we should have given him a free pass for lying, first about which character he was, then about his role? In which case, we don't bother pursuing anyone who is found to be lying?
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:35 am

Post by pwnz »

charter wrote:So you even admit you lynched him despite him not being scummy? Not helpful to the town is very distictly different from making someone scum. Half of Zoneace's posts are not helpful to the town, but you don't suspect him do you? Flameaxe hasn't been helpful to the town so far, but he's free to go?

ABR was not scum as we have come to find out, but later on down the road even if we had not lynched him yesterday I know I wouldhave been suspect of him for a long time to come.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:03 am

Post by Porochaz »

People who havent posted in Day 2 will be prodded(BBM and King Enigma). Please ask for prods where needed, I am disinclined to do them unless asked.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:36 am

Post by Grimmy »

<--laughing his @$$ off.

he pulled out the BAT-MITE!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

thats priceless.

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:05 am

Post by kloud1516 »

Singing Librarian wrote:
charter wrote:

The difference between ABR's play yesterday and, say Zoneace, is quite substantial and important. While some of Zoneace's posts do not help town, ABR's play was actively unhelpful. Actively unhelpful generally equals scummy.

To turn this around, are you saying that we should have given him a free pass for lying, first about which character he was, then about his role? In which case, we don't bother pursuing anyone who is found to be lying?
QFT. I would also like to point out that, unlike ABR, 'half' of the posts that Zoneace
did
submit
were
helpful imo, for he actually provided his own suspicions, opinons, and other input to the game, something that ABR did not do if I am not mistaken. Zoneace did contribute, and to me this not only sets him apart from ABR's gameplay, but also makes your statement above somewhat fallacious.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:29 am

Post by KingEnigma »

i'm not a fan of lynching townies, gut we would have wasted too much time and effort trying to lynch/speculate about AGR gecause of all the misleading. Scary to say something like that, gut there you go.

I'm here and rereading through again, gut work starts soon, so I'll post something tonight.
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I'm here, still need to read/catch up. Summer assignments + film projects (which was mentioned in GD a while back, if you're wondering) = not a lot of internet time.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:13 am

Post by charter »

This game is stalling horribly. Question for everyone not voting, what are you waiting for? (I'm not telling you vote)
kloud1516
kloud1516
Executioner
kloud1516
Executioner
Executioner

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:47 am

Post by kloud1516 »

charter wrote:This game is stalling horribly. Question for everyone not voting, what are you waiting for? (I'm not telling you vote)
Then what are you doing? :)
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:54 am

Post by charter »

Wondering why people who aren't voting aren't posting.
pwnz
pwnz
Goon
pwnz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:03 am

Post by pwnz »

Well since we obviously need some fodder, I'll go ahead and try to debunk the heroes as scum rumor that is spreading. What's the worst that could happen? I get lynched because nobody else feels like talking? Sure.. why not..
I'm Nightwing.
KingEnigma
KingEnigma
Goon
KingEnigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:54 am

Post by KingEnigma »

So if the heroes are mafia in this game then we have three mafia members: Batman, Robin and Nightwing. A mass character claim could work I guess.

Of course not. But I wanted to see if anyone would agree with me, because they might be mafia looking to find a scapegoat character to vote on.

I'm thinking that at least one Mafia member would have a posting restriction. I'm just trying to figure out everyone that has one so I can keep an eye on them. I'm not saying they should be our targets but it's just something that's occurred to me.

I'm wondering if I should drop some hints towards my character. The only thing is, I can't think of any hints that don't give it away to anyone that knows at least a little Batman.

And I'm not opposed to revealing my character, I'm just saving it just in case we get a mass character role-claim which would be so awesome. If you want me to claim, say the word.

3 is a really good amount and it seems common for Mini games. Crub, I'm leaning towards you being Nightwing. I'm also leaning towards you being scum for not claiming. No one is asking you to roleclaim, we just want to know your character.
First we say "lets all claim!"
Then "Psshhh, I was just kidding"
But "I still want to know who everyone is" (Fishing for a safe claim?)
Then we get a "I'll tell, really I will" (Still looking?)
Now "Lets all claim again, it would rock! I'll go 4th after almost everyone I havent figured out goes!" (Aha, a way to finish fishing and safe claim and yes I know we got a mad hatter out of him, but that was after process of elimination)
and finally "I really need your character, I havent figured out how to work this all in my favor yet"

Seems like this is my
Vote: Inspector Godot
So a nun, the easter bunny, and a blonde walk into a bar. The bartender says "What is this, a joke?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”