Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:14 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1122, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1068, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1056, Starbuck wrote:I've said that I'm working to separate the flooding from reading either of you as scum because I've seen it used as a tactic before. I'm trying to give benefit of the doubt but when I express concern and you both are doing everything you can to invalidate that concern that doesn't look very good to me. It seems hypocritical to constructive criticism. I'm not saying to not say what you want to say, but right now the current Activity Overview (located in the bottom right) has you with 191 posts, skitter with 129, followed by Nahdia with 93. You have more than double the posts that Nahdia has on her own.
i mean it's not like i tried to make a good-faith effort to change posting styles, which was ignored, or expressed my concern over your tuxedo vote/push, which was largely ignored, or anything
starbuck did you respond to this?
No, because it read like sarcasm and statement. Didn't seem like there was anything to respond to other than to continue to go down that rabbit hole when it was already solved.

I do appreciate you condensing, though.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:14 am

Post by Hectic »

Votecount 1.21

[3] Nahdia:
skitter, beeboy, lilith2013
[3] skitter30:
Kanna, Nahdia, Raven Branwen
[2] Starbuck:
Clover Ebi, Tuxedo Mask
[1] midwaybear:
Dunnstral
[1] Dunnstral:
midwaybear

[3] Not Voting:
drusilla, Starbuck, Morning Tweet

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to throw someone down the well.
The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-07-10 09:18:09).
V/LA section. Joint mod iso.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:14 am

Post by Hectic »

Starbuck sees Tuxedo Mask walking towards her... she has heard the stories about him. It is rumoured his Tuxedo holds untold power and is a gateway between worlds.

Tuxedo Mask stops in front of her. Scooping up two fistfuls of dirt, he drops one over his Tuxedo's shoulder, and the other over Starbuck's shoulder. Like magic, the dirt all dissipates upon contact with his Tuxedo, and not a trace of dirt or blemish is left behind. Meanwhile, Starbuck now has a slightly dirty shoulder.
Last edited by Hectic on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:16 am

Post by Nahdia »

im gonna explain this AGAIN!

you saying 'can't be tvt' is in fact different from you saying im scum and raven is town, bc it implies that if im town, raven is scum. even though you have her as town. i understand that me being town means you've been wrong and you have to make a general reassessment. that's not the problem. the problem is it looks like you're already mapping out that reassessment before ive even flipped. you framing me and raven as not tvt suggests that you have a reason for thinking raven is scum if im town. but as far as ive read,
you don't
. THAT'S the sticking point. that in addition to the fact that you're overindexing on partner reads, which as ive pointed out, is indicative of scum mindset.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:19 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1121, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1119, Starbuck wrote:skitter, talk to me about Nahdia. I know you linked her and Raven, even if I don't see it, but what else am I missing there?
- i think they're scum on meta
- series of bad, shallow takes
- dislike their push on me
There is waaaaay too much meta talk in this game. Linking quotes from other game threads and continuing down those rabbit holes is such a damn distraction from the game at hand. It's probably why I'm struggling on the last bit of my reads. Y'all are so focused on meta, exclamation points, and such that you can't even focus what's happening here.

I want to know why in THIS GAME that someone is scum.

What bad and shallow takes?
What is disliked about their push?

I know I just read through but if you want to highlight certain posts of your ISO that address that to go back and read, that's cool.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:30 am

Post by Starbuck »

@Mod

Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

@Mod making me feel like a stone cold bad-ass. Much appreciated.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:50 am

Post by Nahdia »

@beeboy
you're still voting me. have your thoughts on my slot updated at all? feel like a lot has happened since you voted.
In post 1117, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 1115, Nahdia wrote:Tuxedo why are you townreading skitter? i see you mention it but not the reasons.
I like that Skitter's thought process is very open and easy to follow in game. They also seem very engaged with the game and open to discussion. That and I always read changing posting style to make the game more palatable as townie.
i... dont think any of this precludes skitter from being scum.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

-Zaphkael, 2020
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Nahdia »

Starbuck where is your head at? Are you open to voting Skitter? I get that you're trying to make sense of this vicious waltz skitter and I have going on, but i cant help but feel a bit ignored.

-Zaphkael, 2020
Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1132, Nahdia wrote:
@beeboy
you're still voting me. have your thoughts on my slot updated at all? feel like a lot has happened since you voted.
In post 1117, Tuxedo Mask wrote:
In post 1115, Nahdia wrote:Tuxedo why are you townreading skitter? i see you mention it but not the reasons.
I like that Skitter's thought process is very open and easy to follow in game. They also seem very engaged with the game and open to discussion. That and I always read changing posting style to make the game more palatable as townie.
i... dont think any of this precludes skitter from being scum.
What is something that can be done day 1 that precludes someone from being scum?

@Nahdia & Starbuck, what's your read of the other? Sorry if it's come up but I can't recall it.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Nahdia »

...okay well nothing 100%. but my point was more that i dont think any of those are particularly strong reasons to townread someone. particularly a player like skitter, who has a reputation for high competence. ive made the point earlier that being accomidating in a pro-town way (ie changing posting style) in particular is definitely not towny. it's something scum do a lot to try and earn points.

Starbuck's catchup was fine unremarkable, though i agree with beeboy that catchups are easy to fake either way. i was scumreading votato but i was kind of on board with giving the slot a little breathing room. i guess i'd vote there if needed but

-Zaphkael, 2020
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1133, Nahdia wrote:Starbuck where is your head at? Are you open to voting Skitter? I get that you're trying to make sense of this vicious waltz skitter and I have going on, but i cant help but feel a bit ignored.
You're not wrong. I've been trying to sort all of that out and figure out motivations and such. I've agreed a lot with what you, Kanna, and Raven have said. MT has been a great voice of reason, too. While I'm still rather null on you (as I can't quite pinpoint you), I'm okay with trusting both Kanna and Raven as they've reflected a lot of what I was thinking when reading. Hence, no follow ups directed to you. Although, I can see how that can appear that I'm ignoring you, even if it wasn't my intention.

I've been trying to sort skitter and lilith because I feel like the same kind of teaming up, that skitter is accusing you and Raven of, is happening there. The defense that is oozing from both of them, when that has been brought to their attention, doesn't feel that great and is quite OMGUS-y. I don't like how you and Raven are being pushed as buddying, but not skitter and lilith. Not to mention the constant use of meta, and the continuous self-meta statements, which to me is just more and more and more WIFOM. I think it was you who pointed it out earlier that it seems like skitter is setting up for tomorrow's elimination already and that hasn't been sitting well with me either.

I think a resolution of one of the "pairs" here is in our best bet this late in the day. Personally, I think either a flip of you or a flip of skitter would give us good info and if we want to have time to swap depending on a claim, we need to do that now.

So VOTE: Skitter
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:25 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1101, Morning Tweet wrote:I was more townpinged by Nahdia's hesitation to really switch to anyone as well, specifically onto midway who i think is town-- what do you find weird about it?

Also, if Nahdia is the scum in the TvS, what does Raven's reaction matter?
i'm confused. i don't think nahdia is really hestitant to switch 'to anyone as well'; they've fairly clearly indicated that they're motivated by survivalism and would push for any wagon they could get

and i'm highlighting that i think that raven is pocketed
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1125, Starbuck wrote:No, because it read like sarcasm and statement. Didn't seem like there was anything to respond to other than to continue to go down that rabbit hole when it was already solved.

I do appreciate you condensing, though.
- you're complaining that me and lilith are flooding the thread. i pointed out that i attempted to change posting styles to avoid annoying people, which you did not acknowledge.
- you're also complaining that people were not engaging with your catchup. i did, and explained my issues with your tuxedo push, which you failed to engage with
- i also attempted to engage with you on me/lilith, which you also didn't really respond to

so i'm not really sure if most of your complaints are valid, and if you're not going to follow-through on people trying to engage with you, a lot of what you're posting just reads as shade
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:30 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1128, Nahdia wrote:im gonna explain this AGAIN!

you saying 'can't be tvt' is in fact different from you saying im scum and raven is town, bc it implies that if im town, raven is scum. even though you have her as town. i understand that me being town means you've been wrong and you have to make a general reassessment. that's not the problem. the problem is it looks like you're already mapping out that reassessment before ive even flipped. you framing me and raven as not tvt suggests that you have a reason for thinking raven is scum if im town. but as far as ive read,
you don't
. THAT'S the sticking point. that in addition to the fact that you're overindexing on partner reads, which as ive pointed out, is indicative of scum mindset.
again, the not tvt read is largely cuz rn i think you're scum. if you flip town i'll reassess. i don't know how else to get this across more simply
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1129, Starbuck wrote:There is waaaaay too much meta talk in this game. Linking quotes from other game threads and continuing down those rabbit holes is such a damn distraction from the game at hand. It's probably why I'm struggling on the last bit of my reads. Y'all are so focused on meta, exclamation points, and such that you can't even focus what's happening here.

I want to know why in THIS GAME that someone is scum.

What bad and shallow takes?
What is disliked about their push?

I know I just read through but if you want to highlight certain posts of your ISO that address that to go back and read, that's cool.
- i don't know how to ignore meta
- their push on beeboy was bad in taht the reasoning didn't make much sense and felt disengaged from how i was viewing the thread at the time
- after they received pushback they came back with some really vapid scumreads that were undeveloped and just felt like they were throwing things out there to try look like they were forming reads
- i think that nahdia doesn't like my push on them and is not trying to understand what i'm saying or how i'm approaching the her/raven thing, and has been trying to reframe what i'm saying in a 'gotcha' sort of way
- i think that they're buddying raven and using her defense of them to try to get people to back down from pushing them.
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1136, Starbuck wrote:The defense that is oozing from both of them, when that has been brought to their attention, doesn't feel that great and is quite OMGUS-y.
again i tried to engage you on that and you never really responded so like ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:39 am

Post by skitter30 »

i'm realizing that today is going to be a p weird/busy day and i'm not sure i'm going to be around again today
(but i should be able to check in before deadline tomorrow morning)

i vastly prefer nahdia but i think that the people i'm kinda counting on to make that vote happen are trendign towards starbuck
VOTE: starbuck
Show
Hiatus once more.

Clover Ebi
Clover Ebi
Goon
Clover Ebi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Clover Ebi »

Finishing up my lunch break but I'll switch to Nahdia if needed but I don't see myself voting Skitter here
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Nahdia »

booooooo

-Zaphkael, 2020
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:57 am

Post by midwaybear »

I don’t really see myself voting either of you.
Can we do Dunnstral today?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:59 am

Post by skitter30 »

clover if you switch to nahdia i'll switch back there too
Show
Hiatus once more.

Tuxedo Mask
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Tuxedo Mask
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:22 am

Post by Tuxedo Mask »

In post 1143, Clover Ebi wrote:Finishing up my lunch break but I'll switch to Nahdia if needed but I don't see myself voting Skitter here
Why would you switch off Starbuck?
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Kanna »

I think it was starbuck who mentioned this, but it’s a good point that a skitter/nahdia flip is good to resolve
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Nahdia »

beeboy, lilith, Clover, Tux, Dunn, midway, drusilla, MT

3 of you need to pony up and vote skitter!

or! alternatively! we powerwagon midway
"hey guys im gonna ignore everything going on in the thread oh golly oh jeeze why i dont have any reads"
bear. if there enough people actually active and willing before deadline, i would actually consider that!

-Zaphkael, 2020

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”