beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:59 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 147, Elsa Jay wrote:I was telling you an out of game opinion. I like it when people pick nice avis. Let's me see their personalities.
What does my avatar tell you about my personality? :P
ah yes, beeboy style reads;
if this person flips town, then i'll townread them. - Nahdia
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Elsa Jay »

That I'm still mad at you for that one time you abandoned a game Bambi signed up for when she was excited for it.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by beeboy »

:cry:
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 120, maxwell wrote:
In post 104, dsjstr wrote:If any scum were on my wagon it would probably more likely be BM for being opportunistic but lets put pressure on Max
You think he's more likely to be scum but are voting me because...I deserve to be pressured? Wouldn't it make more sense to pressure your scumread? What are you hoping to accomplish here?

This is why RVS sucks, the game has had all the energy of a fat elderly cat on a hot summer day for the first 4 pages. I was hoping to wait it out until there was something more substantial but it seems like that's unlikely to happen on its own so I'll work with what I've got. Most of the people in this game are varying degrees of scummy, not much in the way of solid townreads.

beeboy
- Townreads in feel like they come a bit too easy and the vote on elsa feels lazy, a push toward an inactive player rather than scrutinizing people who have actually posted.

dsjstr
- bizarre, overemotional, defensive response to what has really been very minor prodding on my end, has a bit of "why me" to it, lot of complaining about other people but not much in the way of atempts at engagement with them. Maybe I'm a bit tunneled but have a hard time seeing this as a town reaction.

votato
- mostly fillery which is to be expected from early game but + is a weird ask for page 2 as if it's possible to have a list of reads, looks like a forced to attempt to look town by asking a serious question early, but never has any real followup to this so it seems like he didn't much actually care what people said in response. scum lean here but I guess we have to wait to see how the replacement does.

raya36
- I like the way she's shown a seriousness to her approach to the game and is trying to ask meaningful questions. The reasoning in / looks like a believable town mindset of someone trying to scumhunt as well as the way she interrogated beeboy.

elsa jay
- basically nothing so far but I somewhat like the admission of just wanting to follow someone in , feels more likely someone would admit this as town than as scum. current push on her feels like low hanging fruit.

battle mage
- almost everything posted so far reads null, disagree with the push on elsa but the conviction behind it is believable from the way he's doing it.

testarossa
- I don't really like how waffle-y her posts get, in and for instance she ultimately just says something to the effect of "could go either way." rubs me the wrong way with the jump on Elsa Jay.

At this point I suspect half the people in the game, so I'm going to ask everyone a question to try to get some substance in here:

@beeboy:
What is your read on dsjstr?

@dsjstr:
What is your read on Testarossa?

@raya36:
What is your read on Elsa Jay?

@elsa jay:
What is your read on Battle Mage?

@battle mage:
What is your read on beeboy?

@testarossa:
Why does Raya36 look town to you?

Am I the only one that finds this post incredibly scummy btw?
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by beeboy »

VOTE: maxwell
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 4:57 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 144, Testarossa wrote:
@testarossa:
It's mostly that I feel she displays a genuine interest to figure other people out and shows an interest in details like in that I rather see coming from town than scum. I also think there isn't really any merit for her as scum in handing out a townlean on me as I don't feel I haven't done much town indicative that would warrant a necessity given the state of this game, yet it doesn't feel like an informed townlean.

On something different, what is your take on the situation around the major pushes so far? I mean that all seem to end in apathetic reactions (well, except dsjstr, but this one also doesn't seem to go anywhere else).
I don't know who qualifies as a "major push" but I don't like the votes on Elsa and think the their attitude is much more likely unmotivated town. dsjstr I was almost going to back down on because of his attitude but his explanations for everything in his recent posts is just totally nonsensical.
In post 146, dsjstr wrote:
In post 142, maxwell wrote:
In post 121, dsjstr wrote:Right now I see everyone as scum. Anyone could have faked being towny because of how things played out so far. I will say that it did seem like Elsa was trying to instigate further reactions from me so I would put BM and Testa as townier than the other mafia.
What an odd statement. How was he trying to instigate a reaction from you?
In post 106, Elsa Jay wrote:Jester you still haven't found an icon for yourself? The white box makes me eanna glance over you.
Elsa's comment had no intention of trying to add anything to the game it was only to provoke further anger.

You also seem to have no intention to solve only saying empty false statements.
I find the comment on the avatar to be totally null and the idea I'm not trying to sort is factually fucking incorrect and super ironic coming from mr. "I scumread everyone"
In post 153, beeboy wrote:Am I the only one that finds this post incredibly scummy btw?
Go ahead and explain it to me, tough guy.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by beeboy »

In post 155, maxwell wrote:Go ahead and explain it to me, tough guy.
I have 3 reasons to dislike that post, I wanna see if anyone else is able to see what I see.
I'll explain in 24 hours if no one plays my low quality games with me.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by maxwell »

You phrase it that way you're trying to predispose people to reading scum intent to it. That in itself is scummy.
dsjstr
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
dsjstr
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:01 am

Post by dsjstr »

I'm going to be busy all day today but nothing to V/LA about.
Nash
Nash
Goon
Nash
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Nash »

Hello. Are we eliminating today?
im gonna put some dirt in your eyE
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:31 am

Post by osuka »

Nash replaces votato.

Make them feel welcome, or something.

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:50 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 159, Nash wrote:Hello. Are we eliminating today?
Why must you have that cursed icon... Spider-Man has traumatized me.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:14 am

Post by osuka »

vote count

day 1, vc 3

Elsa Jay
(2, E-3) - Testarossa, Battle Mage
maxwell
(2, E-3) - dsjstr, beeboy
beeboy
(2, E-3) - votato, Raya36
dsjstr
(1) - maxwell
votato
(0)
Raya36
(0)
Battle Mage
(0)
Testarossa
(0)

Not voting
(1) - Elsa Jay

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to hammer.

The day will end in (expired on 2020-07-10 19:58:00).

notes
  • Nash replaces votato.
  • Battle Mage is V/LA for (expired on 2020-07-06 15:52:00)
Last edited by osuka on Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 149, Elsa Jay wrote:Well I made sure to use my previous nickname of you to show I recognized you.

Battle Mage not having an icon is a statement in itself. You having a white box? What's the symbolism?
I have played with you before as town, and even though you were eliminated very early, you were significantly better than this. I simply don't buy that you, as town, are hoping/expecting to cruise through the game without contributing on the promise of being able to solve the game in LyLo.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 159, Nash wrote:Hello. Are we eliminating Elsa today?
Yep! :cool:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 153, beeboy wrote:
In post 104, dsjstr wrote:If any scum were on my wagon it would probably more likely be BM for being opportunistic but lets put pressure on Max
You think he's more likely to be scum but are voting me because...I deserve to be pressured? Wouldn't it make more sense to pressure your scumread? What are you hoping to accomplish here?

This is why RVS sucks, the game has had all the energy of a fat elderly cat on a hot summer day for the first 4 pages. I was hoping to wait it out until there was something more substantial but it seems like that's unlikely to happen on its own so I'll work with what I've got. Most of the people in this game are varying degrees of scummy, not much in the way of solid townreads.

beeboy
- Townreads in feel like they come a bit too easy and the vote on elsa feels lazy, a push toward an inactive player rather than scrutinizing people who have actually posted.

dsjstr
- bizarre, overemotional, defensive response to what has really been very minor prodding on my end, has a bit of "why me" to it, lot of complaining about other people but not much in the way of atempts at engagement with them. Maybe I'm a bit tunneled but have a hard time seeing this as a town reaction.

votato
- mostly fillery which is to be expected from early game but + is a weird ask for page 2 as if it's possible to have a list of reads, looks like a forced to attempt to look town by asking a serious question early, but never has any real followup to this so it seems like he didn't much actually care what people said in response. scum lean here but I guess we have to wait to see how the replacement does.

raya36
- I like the way she's shown a seriousness to her approach to the game and is trying to ask meaningful questions. The reasoning in / looks like a believable town mindset of someone trying to scumhunt as well as the way she interrogated beeboy.

elsa jay
- basically nothing so far but I somewhat like the admission of just wanting to follow someone in , feels more likely someone would admit this as town than as scum. current push on her feels like low hanging fruit.

battle mage
- almost everything posted so far reads null, disagree with the push on elsa but the conviction behind it is believable from the way he's doing it.

testarossa
- I don't really like how waffle-y her posts get, in and for instance she ultimately just says something to the effect of "could go either way." rubs me the wrong way with the jump on Elsa Jay.

At this point I suspect half the people in the game, so I'm going to ask everyone a question to try to get some substance in here:

@beeboy:
What is your read on dsjstr?

@dsjstr:
What is your read on Testarossa?

@raya36:
What is your read on Elsa Jay?

@elsa jay:
What is your read on Battle Mage?

@battle mage:
What is your read on beeboy?

@testarossa:

Am I the only one that finds this post incredibly scummy btw?
....yes, you might be. I don't think anyone would describe it as "incredibly scummy". I'd go with something like "mildly town indicative".
In post 154, beeboy wrote:VOTE: maxwell
eh!? :facepalm:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

i dont understand why beeboy and max are afraid to vote elsa. I guess scum has no incentive to bus today given the numbers.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:02 am

Post by beeboy »

What part of that is mildly town indicative?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 167, beeboy wrote:What part of that is mildly town indicative?
the post seemed like a lot of effort (spoiler: I haven't read it) - If he was Elsa's partner, I don't see why he would bother here, given the lack of detail on display.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:24 am

Post by beeboy »

I found your issue, you didn't read it.

Every single read is non committal to some degree, the only town degree is on Raya so he is leaving himself open to push every other player.
The questions at the bottom of the post aren't followed up on.
The question at the bottom aren't related to the blurb about the player a large portion of the time.

It's the definition of a high effort easy to make scum post. Idk I think it's impossible to read that post and think its a town post with some kind of purpose. Town would be aware they scum read everyone but one player and make some note on it, town would follow up on questions, town questions would line up with their thoughts. None of that is happening.

Scum team is Maxwell and Elsa, easy game.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:51 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Considering you have me as the scum team beebee it's wrong sadly.
beeboy
beeboy
Survivor
beeboy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 11:03 am

Post by beeboy »

It's ok when Maxwell flips scum we can solve the game through mechanics like all good mafia games B)
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:19 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 155, maxwell wrote:I don't know who qualifies as a "major push" but I don't like the votes on Elsa and think the their attitude is much more likely unmotivated town. dsjstr I was almost going to back down on because of his attitude but his explanations for everything in his recent posts is just totally nonsensical.
Ugh yeah, not the best phrasing, but I meant pretty much all "wagons" we had so far with dsjstr, beeboy and Elsa, which you mostly got covered.

I feel you about dsjstr. Looked through some of his games today to get any feeling for his general attitude when under pressure and thought that the difference between this game and his town games is kind of noticeable, because he seemed more invested in sorting other players in those games than he did here yet. He wasn't under pressure in those though, found only one game where he was also pushed early for fillerish posts and reacted defensive (albeit a bit more diplomatic), where he was town.
However I also think that the way he tried to figure out what beeboy meant with "3 scum" to clear the misunderstanding up is something that comes more likely from town, because I see no good reason for scum in clearing up the misunderstanding, especially because beeboy was catching a bit flak for it.
Testarossa
Testarossa
She
Goon
Testarossa
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Testarossa »

In post 169, beeboy wrote: Every single read is non committal to some degree, the only town degree is on Raya so he is leaving himself open to push every other player.
The question at the bottom aren't related to the blurb about the player a large portion of the time.

It's the definition of a high effort easy to make scum post. Idk I think it's impossible to read that post and think its a town post with some kind of purpose. Town would be aware they scum read everyone but one player and make some note on it, town would follow up on questions, town questions would line up with their thoughts. None of that is happening.
Do you think his reasons for keeping so many reads open are plausible or do they seem inconsistent to you? I am not sure I get what you mean with non committal here, as he made it clear that most are kind ofscummy.

I have to giv eit to you though with your two points about him not really following up on his questions and that his bottom questions feel a bit arbitrarily. I just went back and checked how each player was related to those he asked about and it's in most cases not really clear. Him asking you about your dsjstr read sticks out as that read was already known and he wasn't asking for the reasons of you townreading dsjstr like he did with me about Raya, which indeed might make it look like he isn't caring that much about it with the lack of attention.
However I actually feel his question to dsjstr about me lines up with dsjstr being his prime suspect and combined with my "waffle-y" attitude around dsjstr, I can see tha thought process here from a scumhunting point of view.
maxwell
maxwell
Mafia Scum
maxwell
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by maxwell »

In post 169, beeboy wrote:Every single read is non committal to some degree, the only town degree is on Raya so he is leaving himself open to push every other player.
My reads weren't solid because it was a few pages in and hardly anyone had posted anything. I don't like pre-emptively writing people off as town.
I haven't had time to follow up on them because few people answered and I spent most of today feeling horribly unmotivated.
I asked people to comment on someone they hadn't said much about (for the most part). I want people to take positions so we can reference them later

But fuck me for trying to contribute something to this game, right?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”