Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by votato »

i think we should ban word.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Yes, you were very rude.

If I were a petty man I could get you banned for the verbiage you used. There were some terms used that I didn't even know were a thing!

Pre Edit: All words should be banned.....starting with word321.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by word321 »

well well, potato
answer
it is relevant to the plot
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently playing in Open 794, Newbie2028.
Currently UTC-3.
word321
word321
Mafia Scum
word321
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:59 pm

Post by word321 »

In [url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=11949719&f=1#p11949719]post 1207[/url], Davsto wrote: If MafiaScum was ruled by 1 Pure Deity Individual such as myself.
Lynch - Gone
votato - Gone
us politics thread - Gone
Mafia - Gone
People giving 0s to epb in SUPP - Gone

It’d be so peaceful.
What did u do to this poor soul potato :lol:
Played in
Newbie 1992
Newbie 1997
Newbie 1999
Large Normal 227
Newbie 2006
Open 784
Open 787
Newbie 2019
, Open 790, Newbie 2022.
Currently playing in Open 794, Newbie2028.
Currently UTC-3.
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by votato »

In post 680, word321 wrote:
In post 676, votato wrote:town: votato, word, drew, deimos?, BM, marashu?, midari?

PoE: {pi, cj, brass, superbowl, worce, tuxedo}
u think there r 2 competing town wagons?
yeah i sorta do. and according to the VC im on one of them. i thought i unvoted. UNVOTE:
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Ugh this game is boring me to tears.

Here's an idea. Let's uh eliminate Nash, since you all can't agree on Midari vs marashu anyway.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:12 pm

Post by votato »

In post 706, ceejayvinoya wrote:Ugh this game is boring me to tears.

Here's an idea. Let's uh eliminate Nash, since you all can't agree on Midari vs marashu anyway.
why nash?
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:27 pm

Post by ceejayvinoya »

Well his promised reads on the rest of the playerlist never came up, and he seems more involved now with Hider mechanics than sorting.
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
Marashu
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Marashu
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:11 am

Post by Marashu »

In post 644, Looker wrote: I think it's too easy to spot the vig with that tactic.

• I've played with word before.
  • Lynch preferences are 31% marashu | 24% deimos or word321 | 20% Battle Mage or Tuxedo Mask | 13% Doctor Drew or ceejayvinoya | 9%
    midari
    Penguin Power | 3% Superbowl, votato, worcester,
    piisirrational
    Nash.
VOTE: Marashu I like the divisiveness of a counterwagon, and I don't understand why Marashu unvoted.

p-edit: G-1
+1 for wanting an explanation on word. While we're at it, care to also explain why Nash is a top town read? And why do you think there will be a vig?
In post 674, word321 wrote:maras wagon is interesting to some degree; i have purposely avoided going indeep with opinions onj mara, since its dynamic is insightful and mara himself does indeed need more push to his slot. even now his response wasnt exactly satisfactory; specifically I dnt rly like the change of tone towards BMs slot. Having said that, i never saw an
offensive
or
terminally scummy
lack of scumhunting on marashu, and Ive liked some of his posts previous to BMs accusation and after it; I do thing a wagon was useful. In that regard, I dnt find particularly suspicious the first accusation from BM and Deimos towards their respective slots, specially since tunneling is a meta characteristic for BM.

What I do rly find interesting however about the wagon r the
dynamics
around it; first, independent of the actual scumsiness of Mara (wich I dnt find particularly big to be honest, as Ive said before), for a lot of time it rly felt like most of the opinions of the game were akin to that; that BM had a strong case with deimos, and all that. The wagon too gained traction too fast, traction that culminated with the 2 votes from worc and midari, that lead to a L-1; Ive already said it, but again, most of the traction was induced by a perception that BM had a strong case, wich is inherently suspicious. When confronted, midaris reaction was suspicious; but yet again, there was a lot of reticence to explore that posibility (from players like superbowl and deimos), or at least to leave the wagon; by dynamics alone, this is another sounding bell, wich motivates the further push on the slot.
Resuming things, maras wagon was easy to stay on, and the only actual argument necessary for was quoting BM; on the other hand, I may be biased with midari/penguin, but it wasw strange it not catching that much attention.

Finally, about ppl on the wagon, this thing is completely irrelevant withou a flip on penguin. Penguin is the summiest of em all, but not a sure scum; upon a red flip, THEN we can rly begin to talk, and given the current situation, I would instantly go first and foremost for a superbowl here. But yet, this is still a moot point.
My tone on BM changed because BM's tone changed. I'm sure I mentioned that. My take on Midari is that I think she was trying to sort, but chose strange hills to take a stand on (whether or not she was new, and whether or not town should have a vig). I'm especially confused because both games Midari posted with a vig in this setup were a town loss, and in one of them the vig takes out the investigative role N1 (but PP can't really answer for this).
In post 589, Nash wrote:Yeah, I think the Midari wagon is lame. And I don't like votato and brass in it.
What's your issue with brass?

VOTE: Nash - I'm ok with this slot getting more pressure.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:29 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 660, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 650, superbowl9 wrote:Also I'm not very partial to VCA but TM's post gets a few townpoints for me. Just putting VCs out there and not making a case with them seems town - if scum does this type of work they will want to make a case off of it imo.
Meh - it’s D1 and I don’t agree. Watch for the color coding in later phases.

(still could come from any alignment)
You disagree with me not liking VCA or with my townpoints?

This seems townie to me - if ceejay is scum he's got some balls
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:30 am

Post by superbowl9 »

Have a meeting but plan to put out a marashu case/word critique later today :)
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:40 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 662, PenguinPower wrote:I already said I wasn’t reading, so yeah. Show me.
My spirit animal.
In post 709, Marashu wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 644, Looker wrote: I think it's too easy to spot the vig with that tactic.

• I've played with word before.
  • Lynch preferences are 31% marashu | 24% deimos or word321 | 20% Battle Mage or Tuxedo Mask | 13% Doctor Drew or ceejayvinoya | 9%
    midari
    Penguin Power | 3% Superbowl, votato, worcester,
    piisirrational
    Nash.
VOTE: Marashu I like the divisiveness of a counterwagon, and I don't understand why Marashu unvoted.

p-edit: G-1

+1 for wanting an explanation on word. While we're at it, care to also explain why Nash is a top town read? And why do you think there will be a vig?
I don't get it; what's so special about word? Did I miss a claim or something? Your tone is weird, btw - "While we're at it, care to also explain" comes off as snarky, and I'm accustomed to that coming from scum trying to play 'gotcha' games.
  • I didn't say anyone was a "top town read" - judging from VCA, I didn't and don't find it beneficial to eliminate Nash right now.
  • And I got the vig thing from skimming the posts where you guys mentioned there being a vig. It's actually in your post 633, which was quoted in the post you quoted.
In post 709, Marashu wrote:VOTE: Nash - I'm ok with this slot getting more pressure.
Is it pressure if you say it's pressure?

• Is there a fascination with anime that someone could sum up?
  • If there are any claims, please let me know, because I don't understand why I shouldn't be suspecting Deimos or Word.
  • I don't really know any of you people, especially not enough to meta you. Who knows what you're going through IRL.
  • I think it's informing when we have two major wagons going on at the same time. At the time of my vote, it was Marashu vs PenguinPower - I think Marashu is more likely to flip scum than PenguinPower.
    • I don't see how "I think I've come around on" this person is an explanation.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

On marashu:

1. Much of his posting seems bare-bones and simply states obvious facts or puts out reads with little evidence/reasoning. Can you name 3 things Marashu has contributed to the game so far? I'm not sure i could name one.

2. There's been a wagon on him since pg. 14. Over 350 posts, 5 Marashu posts (that activity lol), and not 1 word discussing his own wagon/voters, even when others have been curious as to the case on him? Seems very "If I ignore this pressure maybe it will go away" imo, and I can't see town thinking that.

3. Contradiction: he votes a random slot to "apply more pressure", yet his own activity/defense has been lacking/nonexistent despite having a wagon on him for half of D1. If you value game contributions, why put out bare-bones content and naked reads? Expanding on this note, he seems willing to ask basic questions or for explanation of reads, but has yet to explain *any* of his own reads without prompting. Usually if you are asking others to explain you'd explain at least a few of your own reads instead of just throwing stuff out there, no?

4. Terrible votes: after 2 RVS votes, votes Tuxedo only after being prompted by deimos, and keeps that vote there for almost the rest of the day. Then unvotes because he's "come around". Then out of nowhere votes Nash to "apply pressure"??? That vote's got less pressure than a flat tire. If he actually wanted to apply some pressure, wouldn't he be explaining himself and lobbying for people to join him? He's essentially been sitting on either TM (applied so much pressure with E-5) or no one for the entire day.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

@mod: sorry to do this straight after coming in, but I need a v/la for the next 48-72 hours. Just got out of the ER. I'll still be around, but not as active as I would usually.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:41 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 710, superbowl9 wrote:You disagree with me not liking VCA or with my townpoints?
I don't think Tux should get town points for an info dump D1.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 712, Looker wrote:Is there a fascination with anime that someone could sum up?
Avatar bet from SUPP to my knowledge.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I like Looker for town.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

superbowl too
<(") | (")>
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Spoiler:
In post 674, word321 wrote:maras wagon is interesting to some degree; i have purposely avoided going indeep with opinions onj mara, since its dynamic is insightful and mara himself does indeed need more push to his slot. even now his response wasnt exactly satisfactory; specifically I dnt rly like the change of tone towards BMs slot. Having said that, i never saw an
offensive
or
terminally scummy
lack of scumhunting on marashu, and Ive liked some of his posts previous to BMs accusation and after it; I do thing a wagon was useful. In that regard, I dnt find particularly suspicious the first accusation from BM and Deimos towards their respective slots, specially since tunneling is a meta characteristic for BM.

What I do rly find interesting however about the wagon r the
dynamics
around it; first, independent of the actual scumsiness of Mara (wich I dnt find particularly big to be honest, as Ive said before), for a lot of time it rly felt like most of the opinions of the game were akin to that; that BM had a strong case with deimos, and all that. The wagon too gained traction too fast, traction that culminated with the 2 votes from worc and midari, that lead to a L-1; Ive already said it, but again, most of the traction was induced by a perception that BM had a strong case, wich is inherently suspicious. When confronted, midaris reaction was suspicious; but yet again, there was a lot of reticence to explore that posibility (from players like superbowl and deimos), or at least to leave the wagon; by dynamics alone, this is another sounding bell, wich motivates the further push on the slot.
Resuming things, maras wagon was easy to stay on, and the only actual argument necessary for was quoting BM; on the other hand, I may be biased with midari/penguin, but it wasw strange it not catching that much attention.

Finally, about ppl on the wagon, this thing is completely irrelevant withou a flip on penguin. Penguin is the summiest of em all, but not a sure scum; upon a red flip, THEN we can rly begin to talk, and given the current situation, I would instantly go first and foremost for a superbowl here. But yet, this is still a moot point.

I do enjoy that you can use "dynamic and insightful" logic to townread Marashu :)

If you've not seen a terminal lack of scumhunting, I do think you're actively trying to townread this slot for one reason or another. Yes, Marashu will take the first step in scumhunting, but what helpful interactions has he produced? What pressure is he creating? It's essentially going through the motions.
midaris reaction was suspicious; but yet again, there was a lot of reticence to explore that posibility (from players like superbowl and deimos)
The case for town Midari has been made a bunch of times, yet you act as though Deimos and I just couldn't get a grasp on just how "obviously scummy" her reaction was lol? Also this case doesn't work because I can say you (puts on monacle) "have been quite reticent in hopping on the Marashu wagon good sir!" Sounds ridiculous, right? Especially since you just made the case for Marshu being town
maras wagon was easy to stay on, and the only actual argument necessary for was quoting BM
If I wanted an easy wagon to stay on, I'd join you on PP :) You also act as though BM's post is the only reason anyone was on the wagon? Although I agree with BM, as you've just seen I have my own reasons to suspect him, and I'm sure others do as well - no one is just sheeping here lol (okay maybe worchestire).

Final point, in you dismissed the Midari noob town/too scummy to be scum argument. I have an issue with this because to deny that noobs/VIs should be treated differently from any other player just encourages easy mislynches. You can't hold Midari or worchestire to the same standard you would hold a Deimos or word123 ( :D ) to. The argument that she knew what she was doing is honestly laughable - what skilled scum have you EVER seen play remotely close to that? So far it seems to me that you and others on the Midari wagon have been the ones flying under the radar looking for an easy wagon/mislynch, not the Marashu folks.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 714, PenguinPower wrote:
@mod: sorry to do this straight after coming in, but I need a v/la for the next 48-72 hours. Just got out of the ER. I'll still be around, but not as active as I would usually.
Gl fam :good:
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I find it somewhat ironic that you are pushing Nash...the 12 post lurker.
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:48 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 720, superbowl9 wrote:
In post 714, PenguinPower wrote:
Gl fam :good:
ty
<(") | (")>
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 712, Looker wrote:Is there a fascination with anime that someone could sum up?
Anime is dope try it sometime
In post 712, Looker wrote:If there are any claims, please let me know, because I don't understand why I shouldn't be suspecting Deimos or Word.
Lol Deimos has been townblocked (blocced?) by p. much everyone D1, and word has been townblocked by most except me (I think?). Ik you haven't read, but usually if you put people down as your second/third lynch options you have some reasoning besides "why not"
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Jul 02, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 723, superbowl9 wrote:
Anime is dope try it sometime
In post 712, Looker wrote:If there are any claims, please let me know, because I don't understand why I shouldn't be suspecting Deimos or Word.
Lol Deimos has been townblocked (blocced?) by p. much everyone D1, and word has been townblocked by most except me (I think?). Ik you haven't read, but usually if you put people down as your second/third lynch options you have some reasoning besides "why not"
I have been weary of Deimos most of the game, only as of late I am feeling better about him. Would be tough to include him in my townblocc at the mo.

Also, anime sucks......scum points for Super.
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo

Return to “Completed Open Games”