New Rule: Replace the Word "Lynch" in Games

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:54 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

I’m from Canada but this is a funny video.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 4:59 am

Post by AniX »

Do you think, perhaps, being Canadian you are not in a place to determine whether the sociopolitical context of lynch is such that trying to remove it is "overreacting"?
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:02 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 1026, AniX wrote:Do you think, perhaps, being Canadian you are not in a place to determine whether the sociopolitical context of lynch is such that trying to remove it is "overreacting"?
Oh they also contribute.
Keep in mind Canada welcomes anyone really.
As such Canada cares.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:05 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 1018, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:Sorry about before.
I really shouldn’t share my thoughts on the matter because every time I do it doesn’t end well lol.
But I still believe that in a world where I’m in control is the perfect world because equality and Understandment will co-exist.
I understand due to the past events of the world it will affect the future even though I think it shouldn’t.
Just being honest.
There are many parallel universes and billions beyond billions of Possibilities.
Any event in history could have never happened and worse ones could have happen.
We could all be controlled by another alien race. Again, anything would be possible.
I’m sure when they come together and I mention the word “Murder” and they bring up so fuckin thing with the Humans and Alien Races they would say “We say Killing, Murder is racist”
I can’t really stop that. It’s the history and Understandment they were brought into.
As I said if I made and kept leading the entire human race. The world would be a much better place.
Nothing bad in history.
Peace and Understandment around the world
Truth will always be there and no one will ever again fuckin hide how they feel towards someone.
Etc. Etc.

Anyway yeah I thought about it last Night and I do apologize in regard that I’m trying to argue something that your against which isn’t right.
Gotta understand that people care allot about History.
I don’t wanna come off rude but I just view it all as a possibility that occurred and allot of negatives were created through events in history that affect how we view stuff now which again makes me even more mad I can’t change that into all positive events.
ok accountant
mafiascum is on life support
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:11 am

Post by AniX »

In post 1027, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 1026, AniX wrote:Do you think, perhaps, being Canadian you are not in a place to determine whether the sociopolitical context of lynch is such that trying to remove it is "overreacting"?
Oh they also contribute.
As such Canada cares.
Ok, so we agree then that you are NOT in a place to make determinations about whether lynch being banned for an American sociopolitical context is overreacting.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Cephrir »

good change

for the new death flavor i propose using the lines that appear when characters die in the classic 1999 pc game
Worms: Armageddon
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:17 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 1029, AniX wrote:
Oh they also contribute.
As such Canada cares.
Ok, so we agree then that you are NOT in a place to make determinations about whether lynch being banned for an American sociopolitical context is overreacting.
I actually don’t care.
I’m just concerned if all this is gonna get worse in the future.
People should leave it as it is at the end of 2020 and not go further and dwell on the past even more.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:18 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Being better than the United States isn't something to be proud of as a nation.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Cheetory6 »

Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:22 am

Post by Porkens »

I was just listening to some story about how Canadians think they are nicer than Americans because of the Stereotypes that Canadians are nicer that Come from America though entertainment
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Pronoun: She

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Ythan »

In post 1031, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:I’m just concerned if all this is gonna get worse in the future
Same but re your posting.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 932, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 926, Kerset wrote:From setup design, it would be very useful to have defined standard. If someone receives in PM "Once you are eliminated, you may pick a person to roleblock them" they might be confused what elimination is. Thanks to standardization we can avoid misinterpretations, which have negative impact on games.
Precisely.
Casually removing an deeply ingrained word and then half-assedly suggesting people can maybe use: "eliminate" or whatever they feel like is going to generate a lot of confusion and misunderstanding throughout the site in many games. Which should really have been a higher priority for the moderation team to consider.
Rather than creating a wild texas we need a PROPOSED STANDARD new replacement word that doesn't SUCK.

*drops mic*
Nothing appears to behalf-assed or casual about this move.

The word "eliminate" is a new standard for Normals and Newbies. Probably Opens too for the most part as they often rely on the standard Wiki definitions and thus lean on their terminology a tad more.

Running anything Themed, you have free reign to use whatever words are not mentioned here off-limits.

You're not likely to change the modding team's choice of the word "Eliminate" as they undoubtedly have been discussing this change for a very long time behind the scenes. This was their solution. Just respect it and move on!

Like, dafuq even was the point of the mic drop at the end of this? You made an average post with overall bad/uninformed takes in it.
I have no clue where you think you dunked on anyone or anything here, but whatever I guess.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:48 am

In post 1035, Porkens wrote:I was just listening to some story about how Canadians think they are nicer than Americans because of the Stereotypes that Canadians are nicer that Come from America though entertainment
This is a bad take.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:48 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1037, Aristophanes wrote:You're not likely to change the modding team's choice of the word "Eliminate" as they undoubtedly have been discussing this change for a very long time behind the scenes. This was their solution. Just respect it and move on!
teachers pet :igmeou:
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:49 am

Post by Porkens »

In post 1038, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 1035, Porkens wrote:I was just listening to some story about how Canadians think they are nicer than Americans because of the Stereotypes that Canadians are nicer that Come from America though entertainment
This is a bad take.
Just sharing what I heard on the radio
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:50 am

Post by AniX »

In post 1031, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:
In post 1029, AniX wrote:
Oh they also contribute.
As such Canada cares.
I actually don’t care.
I’m just concerned if all this is gonna get worse in the future.
People should leave it as it is at the end of 2020 and not go further and dwell on the past even more.
Lynching isn't in the past in America though. You can't "dwell on the past" about something if it is currently happening and will happen in the future.

Also, for someone doesn't care, you sure wrote quite a bit about the topic.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Porkens »

To hear more, we reached out to Desmond Cole. He is a writer and activist in Toronto. And he told us that Canada has a lot in common with the U.S. when it comes to racism, even if the idea of Canada as a more tolerant nation endures.

DESMOND COLE: Unfortunately, it does because we as Canadians consume a lot of American media. And we are probably the largest purveyors of this idea that things are very different in Canada.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/14/87684192 ... own-nation

Although I may have misunderstood
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1039, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1037, Aristophanes wrote:You're not likely to change the modding team's choice of the word "Eliminate" as they undoubtedly have been discussing this change for a very long time behind the scenes. This was their solution. Just respect it and move on!
teachers pet :igmeou:
You're not wrong lol
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:54 am

Post by Ircher »

We're already migrating the wiki to use the new term, so it is definitely too late to change it now.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:57 am

Porkens you have spent your entire life being indoctrinated with the idea of American exceptionalism. Canada is a very flawed country but you guys are a failed state where police can legally rob people on highways and people end up dead because they can't pay tens of thousands for health care and you have literal concentration camps but nah Canada is just as bad and mythologized. People around the world have stereotypes of Americans, it's not a Canadian thing, it's a you thing.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Ythan »

I think he's saying Canadians have absorbed from us the stereotype that they, Canadians, are supernaturally polite.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Ythan »

Oh but I totally skipped his most recent post.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Nahdia »

In post 1045, RadiantCowbells wrote:Porkens you have spent your entire life being indoctrinated with the idea of American exceptionalism. Canada is a very flawed country but you guys are a failed state where police can legally rob people on highways and people end up dead because they can't pay tens of thousands for health care and you have literal concentration camps but nah Canada is just as bad and mythologized. People around the world have stereotypes of Americans, it's not a Canadian thing, it's a you thing.
i don't think porkens was saying canada is just as bad. he was just bringing up an interesting thing he heard that was relevant to the conversation about how canada views themselves.

i found the article interesting, Porkens. ty.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:01 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I agree. America sucks.

All Americans in response:
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno

Return to “News”