Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:28 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1549, osuka wrote:
In post 1548, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1546, osuka wrote:IDK. You're dead so there's no reason to tell you I'm Town?
??????????????????????
You have pretty much zero influence on things at this point. Also this sudden flair up is weird, but I think you are Town.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:29 pm

In post 1550, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1549, osuka wrote:
In post 1548, LicketyQuickety wrote:IDK. You're dead so there's no reason to tell you I'm Town?
??????????????????????
You have pretty much zero influence on things at this point. Also this sudden flair up is weird, but I think you are Town.
Ebwop

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by osuka »

as i said, unfiltered. i just find myself regularly coming to the conclusion that people around me are fucking stupid, even if that's not necessarily true all of the time

i also havent lied all game, so yeah i'm gonna flip vt. don't hold your breath

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:38 pm

Post by NDMath »

The repetition of "I haven't lied all game" makes it sound like you're scum who doesn't understand why they were hung.
Grant to that is posthammer day 1 a hammered scum would have no reason to keep sharing reads.

Lol the osuka/quick interaction.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:44 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

I think he's just town. I doubt he would stick around post hammer if he were scum
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:47 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Why do you think GuiltyLion is scum again?

Agreed on Norway still being town. town!osuka doesn't really change my read there
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1553, NDMath wrote:The repetition of "I haven't lied all game" makes it sound like you're scum who doesn't understand why they were hung.
Grant to that is posthammer day 1 a hammered scum would have no reason to keep sharing reads.

Lol the osuka/quick interaction.
Lying is an integral part of playing scum

Literally just wait for the flip and I think then you can be reasonably sure I haven’t been making shit up

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by osuka »

Also if I were scum, the wagon wouldn’t have gone the way it did, to be clear. I understand why I was lynched and implying otherwise is just really misleading

I think math was a good lynch candidate today

NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by NDMath »

In post 1557, osuka wrote:I understand why I was lynched and implying otherwise is just really misleading
It is how I would normally interpret such a behavior/claim, because it read genuine but didn't make full sense to come from town for me.
I understand that you have to be town at this point.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1558, NDMath wrote:
In post 1557, osuka wrote:I understand why I was lynched and implying otherwise is just really misleading
It is how I would normally interpret such a behavior/claim, because it read genuine but didn't make full sense to come from town for me.
I understand that you have to be town at this point.
This is a scumpost of a particularly stupid variety

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 1510, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Can we get a lynch already HOLY-FREAKING-CRAP!
Hi I'm not caught up at all but if it's between Osuka who claimed VT and CSF I actually lean CSF if Blair is there

I promise to catch up late tonight and actually give a serious read within the next 12 hours though!
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by Nauci »

Wait did I *just* miss hammer god damnit
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:34 pm

Post by Nauci »

I'm so sorry I wasn't around for the last several days I will make it up to town I promise
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1557, osuka wrote:I think math was a good lynch candidate today
You spent most of today just voting Quick and ranting at Truth. If you'd pushed more for genuinely scummy slots or did that anything that resembled being townie i'd probably reconsider being fine with lynching you today.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:16 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Official Vote Count 1.HAMMER

LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

osuka
(7): GuiltyLion, NorwegianboyEE, Truth, Nauci, popopopopopopo, Cat Scratch Fever, LicketyQuickety
*HAMMER*

Cat Scratch Fever
(3): Glitch, osuka, Blair
GuiltyLion
(1): Looker
NDMath
(1): mavsfan41
Glitch
(1): NDMath

Not Voting
(0):

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-07-01 18:16:10).

Mod notes:
  • :D
[/area]
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Day 1 Lynch
The preserved corpse of Jeremy Bentham (1748-1832) is still being kept on display at University College London.

osuka has been lynched Day 1. He was a
Vanilla Townie

It is now Night 1. Deadline for night actions is (expired on 2020-06-30 04:24:16)
[/area]
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Deimos27 »

mavsfan41 has requested replacement. Day will begin when the above deadline elapses, or 24 hours after I find a replacement, whichever occurs later.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Dunnstral replaces mavsfan41! Day will begin according to the normal deadline in (expired on 2020-06-30 04:24:16).
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:26 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Truth has failed to pick up the night start PM and is being replaced. I am freezing the day start timer until I find a replacement.
Apologies for the inconvenience. If Truth shows up before I find someone, they can stay.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:22 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Night 1 Deaths
The Death of Socrates by Jacques-Louis David

GuiltyLion has been killed Night 1. He was a
Vanilla Townie
Cat Scratch Fever has been killed Night 1. She was an
Odd-Night Loyal Doctor
[/area]
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:26 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Official Vote Count 2.00

G.E. Moore (1873-1958) was an English philosopher and one of the founders of the analytic tradition.
He was a moral non-naturalist, offering an influential "open-question" argument against the naturalist position.

LynchingWith 10 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

Not Voting
(10): NorwegianboyEE, Truth, Nauci, popopopopopopo, LicketyQuickety, Glitch, Blair, Looker, Dunnstral, NDMath

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-07-14 09:25:37).

Mod notes:
  • Dunnstral replaces mavsfan41.
  • Truth has returned and is no longer being replaced.
[/area]
Last edited by Deimos27 on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:31 am

Post by Dunnstral »

As you guys know, I always roll town, and this game is no exception
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:36 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

VOTE: Popopopopopopo
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:40 am

In post 1454, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1451, Blair wrote:
In post 1150, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:It was also premature to be deciding which wagons we were going to end the day with considering Blair only replaced into the game like less than 24 hrs and hadn't had time to interact with me or ND afaict
I mean, I wasn't telling people, "Today's wagons should be between osuka and NDMath!"

I wasn't saying today's wagons should have between osuka vs anyone
at all

That's a big part of my argument, and you're stripping some of the nuance from it.
VOTE: Blair

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:45 am

In post 1249, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1246, Blair wrote:Quick, if you want more quality content before the phase ends, start producing it. All of your recent posts have been petty barbs, not game solving - maybe that's why the game feels stalled.
I'm questioning your bull shit. Isn't that content? You seem easy peezy with ending the day when you probably are not even caught up and probably don't have a firm grasp on the game yet. Do you just want D1 to end so you can get caught up? That would be lazy. Please explain how ending the day when content is still being produced is Pro-Town, thanks. If not, demonstrate at what point the game starts to give diminishing returns OUTSIDE of the actual content producing diminishing returns.

Note: You'll never be able to give a good showing here like this if all you want to do is fight content by producing shit content.

My lead on you is content. If you don't care for me to have a good beat on you, then by all means, end the day. If you have nothing to hide, however, then limiting content when it's still being produced is one part stupid and one part Scummy until proven otherwise.

Now, I've given you reasons for why it's better to keep going. Here's another reason: Getting slots like ND to produce more content so we can get a better read on slots that don't post that often benefits Town immensely. So at this point we can drop all the extra content produced by the active players and only look at the content produced by the less active players and still call it an overall win. But for some reason, you are content to just lynch those slots because you feel you have a good enough grasp of those slots as a whole? I don't think you are fully caught up yet so this would be a pretty contradictory stance from you. I still want to see more from ND and Looker especially, and that's even barring my SR of Glitch which no one really wants to vote for who knows what reason. If trajectory serves right, one of those slots will end up Town telling with more content and we can get a better look at what to do in future days with better, more substantial content from these less active players. So tell me, why is it really you want to end the day early?
In post 1276, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1260, Blair wrote:What makes you think I care if you vote me right now?

Stop trying to start a flame war. Anyone who believes I haven't responded to what you're saying only needs to scroll up. I have been abundantly clear that I think the osuka wagon is on town and spooled up suspiciously quickly, the NDMath wagon is reasonable, and CSF is likely scum.

Norwe I still lean town on, but his role in the osuka wagon gives me pause.

Quick is probably town but definitely not playing to his win condition at the moment, he has some axe to grind and that's fine but I'm done with him until something relevant comes up because his replies to me are 10% content 90% personal attacks. And that's being generous.
GLITCH!!!

You said NOTHING about GLITCH!!! The Scummiest person in the game right now!!!

Your discredit shows you have ulterior motives AND you HAVEN'T actually addressed a single point I have made. Instead, you have sidestepped the issue completely.

You made zero mention on how caught up you are, you made zero mention of keeping the game going based on getting better reads on inactive slots, zero argument for how there are diminishing returns on the gamestate when content isn't in a state of diminishing returns.

You also have VERY LITTLE to show for your read on Cat considering you are ready to consolidate wagons for lynch. I've demonstrated Glitch's case on Cat is right shit. You are just pushing the "second to best counter wagon". Cat's content is GOOD. I wouldn't lynch that slot today and I don't think if you are Town that you would be pushing that slot either. They truthfully have better content then you do in this game.

You have altogether completely stopped Scum hunting OR you were never Scum hunting in the first place. You SAY you don't want to end the Day early, but when I press you on this, you try and turn it around on me and say I shouldn't care about ending the Day early. And this reasoning is based on some pretty shitty assumptions about how I play this game based on where I have played??? Get your head examined because this is borderline retarded. I've been here since 2015 and I magically care about the game producing information overload based on me playing on MU and other sites with 48 hour phases where there are a lot more Posts/Hour? Go back and read that last sentence again with the knowledge that those sites rarely if ever actually end day early regardless of how much content is actually produced in them D1. I know it and Blair knows it due to her familiarity with MU: Those sites with 48 hour Day phases almost always feel like there isn't enough content to make an informed lynch on D1. And I can't stress this enough... BLAIR KNOWS that games with 48 hour phases need all the help they can get on D1 to produce content. So IF Blair is assuming that I come from those sites, then Blair knows that I would literally NEVER be in favor of ending D1 early. AND Blair has had every opportunity to tell me and the rest of the game that consolidating wagons doesn't mean we are actually ending the day. But Blair remains quiet on that because she knows that when you consolidate wagons too early it's almost always on Town.

SO NO, THAT'S NOT ACTUALLY AN ANSWER TO WHAT I WAS INQUIRING ABOUT.

Blairs push on Cat is beyond horrible - especially when Cat has demonstrated a high level of competence for their reads and the development there in.

Also, BLAIR SAID NOTHING OF GLITCH WHO IS OBJECTIVELY THE SCUMMIEST PERSON IN THE GAME! Why? Their reasons for voting Cat are as smelly as Gehenna and when pressed on this, they double down and don't reevaluate, their initial vote on me felt like newb Town, but it was literally so bad that they had to say, "oops, did I do that?" None of the reasons that Glitch has given for their SRs and votes have even been with a competent understanding of the game we call Mafia which is literally the only reason people are NOT voting there. Because people think it's TSTBS. Guess what? Some people really ARE that bad at this game that they would give reasons that are not even valid to vote someone and when proven wrong they literally just stop posting. You can't make this up! People are literally thinking to themselves, "There is no way they are that bad as Scum that they would give those reasons and stick with them." But they are actually that bad. Anyone with a Mafia IQ of 85 could be able to tell you that Glitch is never getting NKed.

Which brings me to the real meat of this story.. Why exactly IS Blair content with the gamestate and doesn't mind consolidating wagons while they are not caught up? It's because Scum are currently in control of the game. Upon reflection, Truth is probably Scum with Blair. Blair hasn't weighed in at all on Truth's claim and that means that Blair feels perfectly fine with the claim. Why would Blair, a 10 year vet, be perfectly okay with a miller mason claim? Wouldn't you expect Blair to at the very least do a bit of poking around with that claim to get some sort of way to measure how the claim stacks up on it's own? Oh, wait, Blair isn't caught up in this game at all. So why exactly do they feel perfectly comfortable with trying to get a wagon on Cat, who has demonstrated a level of competence of this game that Glitch couldn't dream of? This whole, "This is fine" montra that Blair has found themselves in shows a distinct apathy that is just prevalent enough to push to end the Day while not really feeling like they actually need to push SRs. This sort of, "let's get ready to end the day.. I know Cat has good content, but I honestly just want to consolidate wagons so we don't have to worry about no-lynching." Meanwhile, Norway keeps getting Scummier and Scummier with every post. He got a lot of rope for his tunnel on GL, but now that GL has demonstrated pretty clear Town mindset I am wondering if Norway was simply putting up a strong front so he would get TR on D1 so he can push his weight around later in the game with the understanding that people are not going to change their first blush impressions of them as being too bold to be Scum. At first, Norway was sheeping me in a pretty obvious way. Now that I have him as solid Town he starts to seriously deviate from my reads when he KNOWS I have some pretty potent early game TRs. It also makes sense that he would try and make a splash and get an early TR from me so he doesn't have to worry about me calling for his lynch when there is a claim and a CC outside of himself and I still am calling for his lynch. This happened exactly as I have stated it in our last completed game together. Another option is that osuka is Scum and Blair is trying to distract from a wagon on osuka without actually overtly saying they think osuka is Scum. That would mean Blair is chainsawing Cat at this point which seems to be the most rational motive for Blair at this point.

TL;DR: It makes sense that Blair is totally fine with consolidating the wagons and ending the Day at this point because as Scum she would know her Scum buddies are in no real danger and Blair wants to keep it that way. That leads me to thinking Cat is most certainly Town based on Blair chainsawing Cat to try and get a shot at lynching a good Town player D1 instead of Scummy Scum fuck osuka who admits I have a pretty rock solid case against him at this point and his content has dropped severely since I gave my psychoanalytic read on him. I also have outside reasons for suspecting Norway as he initially was sheeping me hard but then ended up having pretty much the exact opposite reads that I have. Glitch remains someone I would lynch if for nothing else then to see who if anyone else would vote there given there are very reasonable motives to get that slot out of the game as Town.

P-Edit: Blair was saying to consolidate wagons to Cat, osuka, and ND. Suddenly Blair has a change of heart for literally zero reason stated whatsoever. This is Scum and I hope people can see that.

VOTE: Blair
Blair clearly couldn't kill me because it would lead directly to her. However, Cat might have left crumbs on who they were going to try and protect and it seems likely it was between Glitch and Blair. Also, given the PRs that have flipped, I am pretty sure us having a Cop as well as Masons is right out.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”