Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1500 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:51 pm

Post by Deimos27 »

Official Vote Count 1.15
Hannah Arendt (1906-1975) was a German-American political philosopher.
Her primary research interests comprised totalitarianism and the human condition.

LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

osuka
(6): GuiltyLion, NorwegianboyEE, Truth, Nauci, popopopopopopo, Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
(3): Glitch, osuka, Blair
GuiltyLion
(1): Looker
NDMath
(1): mavsfan41
Glitch
(1): NDMath
Blair
(1): LicketyQuickety

Not Voting
(0):

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-07-01 18:16:10).

Mod notes:
  • I don't know enough about Arendt to make further comment on her work.
[/area]
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:27 am

Post by NDMath »

I have
Intent to hammer
on osuka.
In post 1484, Glitch wrote:
In post 1480, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I think I'm town because:
- I try to understand people's thought processes. If I were scum, why would I bother engaging osuka in this scenario? osuka was at L-1 and multiple people had stated they were ready to end the day.
--- do you think I'm engaging people in good faith?

- I actually have real-time interactions instead of just posting in thread and ducking out
--- My stances are clear, and if you need them explained, I can explain them to you without having to think for a long time like I do as scum

- I take the time to look at people's past games like GL, popo and NDMath

- I don't care how I look, e.g. by putting popo to L-2.

I disagree that I'm a fluffposter. Maybe this was true early game or even mid game, but by now, I think I've posted enough readable content.

My meta is available for everyone to see. I even alt slipped
1. Engaging osuka:
If you were town, you'd do it because you were scum hunting. If you were scum, you'd engage osuka because scum's job is to be undetected and when osuka flips town you'll be able to point back to this and say, "Look how town I was, I was really trying to figure out if he was scum and I was just wrong." There's a motivation both ways so your first point is NAI.

2. Good faith:
I appreciate your level head and how you have been respectful, calm, and chill this entire game treating people fairly. Your lack of enthusiasm and emotion in your pushes aren't a towntell though.

3. Real time interactions instead of post and run:
fair point, I'll give you this one.

4. Clear stances you can clarify:
"Details available upon request" is still hella scummy to me. It's an easy way to coast through the game as scum only having to take a stand when asked to, rather than being willing to push the envelope like a true townie would.

5. You read meta:
cool story, not all of us have that much time and your life giving you the time to do that is NAI

6. You don't care how bad you look:
this is an easy argument to make as scum when you've messed up and done something stupid, and then you're like, "Oh look at me, I don't care how bad I look, I'm a townie!" LAMIST and NAI

So really the only valid point I'm taking away from this is #3. Depending on the player, I would read that as NAI as well because scum could make the same argument that they're engaging in real time interactions and that makes them look towny. Sure they're under more pressure but good scum should be able to do that. The reason I'm giving you some leeway is that your playstyle doesn't seem to fit with scum playing real time and being under all that pressure unless you're good at conning people, which you could be but it would be a little bit of a stretch in my mind.

I'm still willing to make that stretch because of the rest of the points I've made in my case against you though. I don't read anyone as scummy as I do you even when I take your point #3 into consideration. It's a stretch I'm willing to make and risk because literally everything else points to you as scum.
1. If this is considered nai, and scum only do it to look townie, scum would theoretically stop doing it. The balance in that is some degree of townlean.
4. Is a weird point and is ignoring that 'clear stances which can be clarified' implies cataracts think they're being clear and the clarifications are unnecessary.
5. You're not considering how he acted based off this meta, which is surely alignment indicative.

To me this is agenda-based trying to take down his defense instead of evaluate it.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #1502 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:23 am

Post by Looker »

In post 1424, osuka wrote:maybe i've just associated his posts with the avatar and been conditioned to become angry whenever i see that gif
Does it make you think of something that is pretending to be stupid but is actually quite dangerous?
In post 1492, popopopopopopo wrote:im ok with an osuka or cat scratch lynch
How long has GuiltyLion been voteparking osuka? If osuka flips scum, how does that influence your read of GuiltyLion?

• Lynch preferences are: 22% GuiltyLion | 19% Blair or mavsfan41 | 14% popopo or osuka | 12% NDMath | 11% LicketyQuickety | 8% Glitch or NorwegianboyEE | 7% Cat Scratch Fever | 4% Truth | 3% Nauci
    • I'm okay with osuka hammer
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1503 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:07 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Osuka, you might as well claim with that intent.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #1504 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:46 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1498, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1445, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1441, osuka wrote:i never said i think your progression is scummy. I said that there was zero progression to begin with, genius

the fact that you didnt engage my slot for 500 posts means that either your read on me is fabricated, or you had a scumread on me that you literally never thought to discuss with town. I find the second one much more difficult to believe
I barely posted for like >300 posts, so this is very not the argument you think it is.
In post 1446, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:*I barely posted for like >300 posts in that very interval you are talking about

Why are you ignoring this?
Your scumcase on me is basically debunked by the fact that I was away from the thread for a few days
This is false and a blatant misrep

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1505 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:47 am

Post by osuka »

Yeah I just saw it

Unfortunately I’m vt, which means I’m gonna die. But take a good look at csf because I’m convinced that slot is scum, that shit doesn’t come from town

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1506 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:53 am

Post by osuka »

Typically I would say hit me with post hammer questions to get 100% unfiltered answers but I’ve been running without a filter for a bit in this game. I can’t think of anything that I’ve held back

But still feel free to hit me with post hammer questions and I’ll do my best to answer them

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1507 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1504, osuka wrote:This is false and a blatant misrep
Why? You accuse me of having zero progression before voting for you but what trajectory do you expect if I were away from the thread
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1508 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:09 am

Post by osuka »

do we really wanna pretend that not posting for a few days is an excuse to fabricate a read?

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1509 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:19 am

I want to know why you're
so convinced
that I'm fabricating this, if this is a real thought from you or if this is something you're just saying to sway the lynch
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1510 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:00 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Can we get a lynch already HOLY-FREAKING-CRAP!
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1511 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:06 am

Post by osuka »

In post 1509, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I want to know why you're
so convinced
that I'm fabricating this, if this is a real thought from you or if this is something you're just saying to sway the lynch
i dont recall having lied, omitted, or otherwise manipulated information this game. Didn't feel like i had to

your read went from town to "let's lynch this", all while expressing no thoughts of your own, somewhat quickly, and without a single pivotal event. that's just really weird and i doubt that comes from town because if you really were townie, you'd at the very least voice your concerns or try to engage
someone
about them (which you did not)

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1512 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:28 am

Norway what do you think of his claim? I'm a bit surprised he claimed VT as scum here
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1513 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:30 am

In post 1511, osuka wrote:your read went from town to "let's lynch this"
I think more accurately, my read on you went from town to scum, but I wasn't ready to lynch you until like the previous page

vote first ask questions later blah blah
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1514 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:31 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1512, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I'm a bit surprised he claimed VT as scum here
It's not that unusual for me. If your role is mafia goon for example then it makes much more sense to play it safe and claim VT so you don't need to keep up a PR facade for later. It's also good for WIFOM because people will think "oh, if he was scum he would probably not claim VT."
But yeah, it might point to town!him too.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1515 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:33 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I guess it's NAI at best for him to claim VT here.

- Bunno
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1516 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I like NDMath's a lot. I had similar feelings about Glitch playing Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney on osuka's behalf, it feels real agenda-y regardless of osuka's alignment.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1517 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 9:44 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1483, Truth wrote:The timing of osuka and Glitch's posts on giving reasons for why Cat Scratch Fever is mafia looks really suspicious to me. Is this something they could've prepared in their secret chat and then decided to post and push together? It makes it more likely people will follow and maybe they can save osuka by lynching Cat Scratch Fever instead.
I actually had the same thought on this too. I've never seen two players independently post such similar cases in such a short time frame. (within 5 minutes of each other, really?!?). It seems beyond imaginable that that just happened coincidentally.

My only hangup is like, it also feels
so
obviously coordinated that I'm struggling to convince myself they thought it
wouldn't
look coordinated.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1518 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:30 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Yeah, scum would just stall this lynch for all eternity. Unless they’re all on the wagon already i don’t see why town!Osuka wouldn’t be hammered yet.
It’s because he is mafia and sxmcum don’t wanna buss.

- Bunno
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1519 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:31 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Game has stalled. Intent to hammer.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1520 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:35 pm

You have 12 hours to claim.

popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:04 pm

Post by popopopopopopo »

He claimed already bub
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1522 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:05 pm

In post 1521, popopopopopopo wrote:He claimed already bub
He quote it.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1523 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:06 pm

VOTE: osuka

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1524 (ISO) » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 1511, osuka wrote:i dont recall having lied, omitted, or otherwise manipulated information this game. Didn't feel like i had to

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”