Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Porkens »

“Ohh but porkens you are just scumreading anyone who doesn’t agree with you ohhh”

On this issue, yeah, anyone who argues that complaining that someone isNt at l-1 instead of voting to make it so is totally fine and logical can eat rope. Especially if they make excuses for that person. Especially especially when 2-3 other people make excuses for that person all together. Especially then.

Are we doing it right? I’m worried he’s overdramatizing...
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 1074, AGar wrote:
In post 1057, Porkens wrote:You lied to auro that you scumread VPB? So all that VPB wagon was a lie?
This seems particularly obtuse.
I have to go now.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1018, Auro wrote:Please walk me through why it's lame and sucky to attack disingenuous assertions about meta. Moreso after you +1'd my saying ignorance and dishonesty were distinguishable, which was a statement about that very case.
I agreed with your statement and I know it's about that very case. I was reading and catching up at the time.

I think meta can be useful in certain cases. Here, I think you're using it as a distraction to the current game and spending way more time focusing on meta this and meta that, than what's actually happening in our game state. I don't know if you're trying to show off as a newer player or what, but it's not helpful. You grabbing some random ass quotes from a finished game because of you and farside disagree about how a finished game went down doesn't matter to me. I want to know what in this game is making you suspect her. To me, as of right now, you have zero case on her because you can't provide what she's done within this thread.

For me, it's the same as ABR linking to my recently finished game and overexaggerating how I acted there. I know he's doing it in my defense and to show KMD the similarities, but I feel that he's misrepresenting me with how he presented that. Regardless, it's not anything I want to focus on because it's not in this game and ABR is going to read it how ABR reads it. I'm not going to change his mind.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:00 pm

Post by Vi »

:right:
Auro (L-1)
~ VP Baltar, AGar, Green Crayons, Albert B. Rampage, farside22, Starbuck, Blair, Hoopla
VP Baltar (L-4)
~ iamausername, Untrod Tripod, Morning Tweet, Llamarble, Auro
Green Crayons (L-8)
~ xRECKONERx
Starbuck (L-8)
~ Kmd4390
Albert B. Rampage (L-8)
~ Porkens

Not Voting:
CantLynchAPuppy

--With 17 alive, it will take 9 votes to extrajudicially kill a player.
--Deadline is at 21:00 on Wednesday, 1 July 2020.
(5 days left)
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:05 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1032, Blair wrote:Starbuck still bothers me because I feel like she's peppered little barbs into her catch-up posts to try to reignite the 1v1 she claims was so terrible.
I was responding to what I missed when I wasn't around. Plenty of people talked around, about, and for me and it was important for me to say what I needed to say. I'm all done with it now.

Thanks for your 1073, VPB. I caught most of that as I read, but I appreciate having it all in one spot.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Blair »

You know what?

VOTE: Albert B. Rampage

Porkens isn't the hero we deserve, but he's the hero we need right now.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by Porkens »

That’s one.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by iamausername »

still here, still prefer VPB but it's not like i'm super sold on Auro as town (or on VPB as scum for that matter) and i mostly just want this day to be over with.

my reads look like this now.

confident townreads:
1) AGar
6) farside22
8) Hoopla
13) Porkens
14) Starbuck

less confident townreads:
2) Albert B. Rampage
3) Auro
7) Green Crayons
10) Kmd4390
11) Llamarble
12) Morning Tweet
15) Untrod Tripod
17) xRECKONERx

null reads:
4) Blair
5) CantLynchAPuppy
16) VP Baltar
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:14 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

all right, blair makes me brave, i don't want to keep holding my vote, ill try this wagon

VOTE: albert b rampage
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by Porkens »

What’s the ABR read based on?

P. Edit that’s 2.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

You're not tired of mislynching me yet Blair?

In GeorgeBailey's game, after FL quickhammered, you could have sheeped me to lynch FL-scum. You chose instead to mislynch me. My play there and here is the same.

Porkens if I'm scum with VP Baltar, he's an easier lynch. If I'm not scum with VP Baltar, as scum it's not pro-scum to not put him at L-1, unless you think I was trying to quickhammer. Is that what you think?

I don't make sense to you, but you still need to find what my strategy is if I'm scum. Otherwise I am just playing to my illogical rampage moniker.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:20 pm

In post 1082, iamausername wrote:still here, still prefer VPB but it's not like i'm super sold on Auro as town (or on VPB as scum for that matter) and i mostly just want this day to be over with.
You wanna end the day then put auro back at L-1 and sit back for his claim
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by Porkens »

Oh you make sense to me. Jinning up a wagon, then hopping of while it careens off the cliff is great scumplay. Especially when you hedge with “its for rxn and it m not even that confident like 55%”

How is it pro town to not get a claim from someone you scumread when you have the chance?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:24 pm

Post by Porkens »

Also you can come back to that tomorrow after auro is dead and say “ aw shucks I guess we should have lynched VP after all”
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Pork, are you alright mate? I'm 99% sure you are town but ABR acting irrationally =/= ABR conf scum, so your anger is.. misplaced

UNVOTE:

you know, I can probably defend some of Auro's criticisms, i'm sure some is NAI. but probably not all of them. I don't explicitly townread either of the competing wagonees. I can't find the motivation right now to review Auro's big ass ISO or look back for the most compelling reasons. I do know that he's been the most polarizing character of today so in theory we'll learn the most from flipping/not flipping him

While i dont want to do an in depth look back through the pages, I see VP summarized the scum case just a second ago. what a cool dude
VP Baltar wrote:1) his dump of the vote off me after I called him out as bandwagoning me to avoid the troubles he was facing. I first started calling this out in my post 485
2) He votes farside on like page 17 and does little if anything to encourage people to lynch her. I mean, lord knows I've been playing defense for like 20 pages here and have not been able to do as much active scum hunting -- but I don't think that's the case with Auro. He just kind of sat on that vote and joked and theorized to infinity.
3) THE THEORIZING TO INFINITY, OH MY CHRIST. I know MT says this is how he is, and I don't know him, so that's probably true. But honestly, i think scum has benefited this game from the jumped up page count. I do think there must be a scum among the most active players encouraging that. Auro's fluff to content ratio makes him a good suspect in this regard. I called this out in post 825 Even when he's trying to make "scum/town hunting posts" it looks like generic fluff.
4) The wagon on me has felt like a combination of apathy and a refusal of people to vote Auro. That has obviously shifted. I was starting to get weird concerns in the last day or so because as I started reflecting on why I was getting wagoned, it sort of occurred to me ABR would frequently say "VP or auro" but would then slightly nudge in my direction each time (percentages, etc). Looking at ABR's ISO, I saw lots of more direct calls to vote me and direct criticisms, and not nearly as much on Auro. However, ABR's unexpected switch and refusal to put me at L-1 when he had the chance basically means I was worrying about nothing. So I need to reassess who had a lack of interest in Auro's wagon but has jumped or been on mine with no prob (thinking mainly IAAU and MT here off hand, but I need a closer look at them.)
1) Okay, his switch to farside coincides with you inquiring why he's voting for you. Ah, so he dodged having to explain himself jumping on the highest bandwagon. I can see the logic here for sure-- although I also feel farside's read on him is unfair. Did that warrant him OMGUSing her? Perhaps not, it's certainly an easyish thing to attack if he's scum. I can also find it believable that he feels like farside is being disingenuous though

2) Hmm. I get what he's saying about farside. There was indeed little to no chance anyone was going to join him, though. He did reach out to me and somebody else asking what we thought about it but it wasn't really going to go anywhere. That actually does remind me of how I handled D1 in one of my scumgames -- I voted for a vanity wagon by myself with okay enough reasoning, didn't do too much to actively try to get that player lynched, then got them lynched on a later day.

3) Lol it is very much him. I will agree that, in at least in my case, scum has very much benefited from the game being so long. I'd say that it is fair he is part of the problem, however, regardless of his alignment, he was going to post like this.

4) I know Auro better and disagree with some of the criticisms, whereas I don't know a lick about you. You both are or at least were in around the same spot in my PoE. Not exactly sure what I think at the moment.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by Blair »

In post 1085, Albert B. Rampage wrote:You're not tired of mislynching me yet Blair?

In GeorgeBailey's game, after FL quickhammered, you could have sheeped me to lynch FL-scum. You chose instead to mislynch me. My play there and here is the same.
Not the same.

Here you wagon hop in a way that actually makes it harder to secure L-1 and a claim from either wagon while simultaneously claiming that is exactly the end you wish to achieve.
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:26 pm

In post 1088, Porkens wrote:Also you can come back to that tomorrow after auro is dead and say “ aw shucks I guess we should have lynched VP after all”
That's the same thing Auro said. You won't find me lining up lynches in my iso so your accusations are baseless. I think Auro flips scum and this is a last-ditch attempt to save him.
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by Blair »

I also thought your strategy of running up one of the hardest to lynch players today was a pretty good idea - so here we are!
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:28 pm

In post 1087, Porkens wrote:How is it pro town to not get a claim from someone you scumread when you have the chance?
How ironic. I'm trying to get Auro to claim right now and you are the one derailing.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 1091, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1088, Porkens wrote:Also you can come back to that tomorrow after auro is dead and say “ aw shucks I guess we should have lynched VP after all”
That's the same thing Auro said. You won't find me lining up lynches in my iso so your accusations are baseless. I think Auro flips scum and this is a last-ditch attempt to save him.
You are calling me scum?
Not lining up lunches? You already bragged about building wagons from scratch and you pumped up both of these, lining up lynched is exclusively what you are doing.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:30 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

We are not allowing that lol and there's no way scum!ABR thinks he can get away with such a simple plan
Blair wrote:I also thought your strategy of running up one of the hardest to lynch players today was a pretty good idea - so here we are!
so you're venturing down new horizons with Pork to sort ABR? Do you think ABR stands a similar chance flipping red as Auro?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:31 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 1093, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1087, Porkens wrote:How is it pro town to not get a claim from someone you scumread when you have the chance?
How ironic. I'm trying to get Auro to claim right now and you are the one derailing.
Yeah that’s not going to work on me. You lost your “I want people to claim” credibility when you uardpassed on VPB
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:33 pm

Post by Porkens »

In post 1095, Morning Tweet wrote:
We are not allowing that lol and there's no way scum!ABR thinks he can get away with such a simple plan
Blair wrote:I also thought your strategy of running up one of the hardest to lynch players today was a pretty good idea - so here we are!
so you're venturing down new horizons with Pork to sort ABR? Do you think ABR stands a similar chance flipping red as Auro?
Simple plans are the easiest to get away with, and by the reaction of you and the rest of his defenders, he should be as confident.
CantHateAPuppy
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
CantHateAPuppy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by CantHateAPuppy »

fwiw auro should claim now, a lot of the game rn is held up on abr trying to get this claim and the threat of l-1 so i want to see what happens when there is a claim
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:39 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 1097, Porkens wrote:
In post 1095, Morning Tweet wrote:
Simple plans are the easiest to get away with, and by the reaction of you and the rest of his defenders, he should be as confident.
Defender? hardly. However i think scum!ABR wasn't going to switch it up to VP after mislynching Auro in that scenario. That's too blatant-- either ABR/VP are buddies and that's a gambit, ABR is setting VP as a buddy late game in the event he dies, or mayyybe ABR hopes some townie else picks up the torch on VP the next day and he can set that townie up. I think all of those scenarios are more likely for a scum!ABR
Albert B. Rampage wrote:
You think Pork is scum trying to save his buddy? I doubt that, Pork has been consistently obvtown

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”