votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:31 am

Post by votato »

we dont have time to get a claim and properly evaluate gerain. ill compromise on the wagon if needed, but porkens is a good wagon.
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:31 am

Post by votato »

In post 1447, bob3141 wrote:VOTE: Geraintm

And i have never seen town germa not go for a lynch. Even when his vote was dead log
In post 1449, bob3141 wrote:In teh first game he kept saying. He was happy with any lynch. and that was big reason he got run up that game. So for him to say he wants no lynch is very out of character
hmmm ok. VOTE: geraintm
"It is not our ignorance that will kill us, but our arrogance"
"I expect that 90% of what you say to me is one form of trickery or another" - a friend irl
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:39 am

Post by stungun0404 »

Unofficial vote count

Dunnstral (3): DoctorPepper, Porkens, Malakittens
Geraintm (3): stungun0404, bob3141, votato
votato (2): Not_Mafia, farside22
HK 50(1): Dunnstral
notscience (1): geraintm
Porkens (1) Green Crayons
stungun0404 (1): HK 50
Not voting (1): notscience

Mod Notes:
Majority is 7 players.
Day 1 has begun and will end in 0 days, 8 hours, 40 minutes.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:46 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1440, Green Crayons wrote:
In post 1435, geraintm wrote:
In post 1433, stungun0404 wrote:
In post 1410, geraintm wrote:
In post 1191, bob3141 wrote:
Germa we are at the eleventh hour of the day. With no lynch approaching and yet you are still on your vanity vote. You keep saying shogun is wrong but who do you think is the best lynch today. Because as it stands we are a poaching the deadline and porkens is the lead lynch. Followed by dun and green.

Do you see a no lynch as better than lynching Porkens?

As if you are town that what your lack of anything but vanity vote is contributing too.

As most of your posts have been about how you don't like shoguns pushes but you have not come up with any of your own. So who do you want to lynch today? That is a realistic prospect.
Yeah , I do think no lynch is better than a bad lynch. Odds for town tomorrow are better at 9/12 than 8/11
I think this together with your point of not claiming today is scummy. You are pretty high on my lynch list next day phase, and I hope others see what I am seeing here too. Both are anti-town perspectives.
It isnscummy to want more town to be alive on day 2?
How is that anti town?
With a 2006 registration date, you're telling me you've never had this theory discussion about D1 no lynches?
I had a huge break in my games, I think this is my 3rd non newbie game back, and one of those I dropped out of.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Mabinogion, please vote for Scratchings
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:49 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1442, bob3141 wrote:Germa I can't believe you would rather a no lynch over porkens.

If you were town I would have thought if you didnt want to lynch porkens because you genuinely town read him you would have gone for some who you thought was scum. To stop the lynch of a player you thought was town. And not simply vanity voted.

If you are town. Instead you want to simply kick the can down the road. Letting scum have a free kill with us losing a mislynch. Our chance at actual killing scum.
I dont scum read porkens. I am fairly sure I have never said I think he is. So why would I want him dead? You all do you though, and you can use the info I didnt want him lynched as you wish.

And you say our chance to lynch scum....I just dont see it. Not fay 1. Scum just push over confident townies to mislhnches
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:49 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 1454, Not_Mafia wrote:Mabinogion, please vote for Scratchings
Why not vote Gera? No lynch theory, no claim theory, and stalling theory is antitown. He has participated in all three.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:51 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1446, bob3141 wrote:I would be up for germa. If he is town i fear what will happen last game will happen again.

In last day he held off voting till last day and we ended up lynchign our rolestopper. Day 4 his vote was dead log. So we were in effect already in lylo and it allowed scum to play off a tvtvt situation. And make us think out of two it was him that was the scum.
Dont blame me for last game. Scum fake claimed halfway through and it got multiple townies.
That game, once I got into the game I did have proper reads on people. It just so happened that I got totally outplayed
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:51 am

Post by Green Crayons »

What is the stalling theory?

The no claim theory was after Porkens claimed. That's NAI as he's just disagreeing on theory.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:52 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1450, votato wrote:we dont have time to get a claim and properly evaluate gerain. ill compromise on the wagon if needed, but porkens is a good wagon.
I'm not going to flash bw gerain for this reason.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:52 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1449, bob3141 wrote:In teh first game he kept saying. He was happy with any lynch. and that was big reason he got run up that game. So for him to say he wants no lynch is very out of character
Call it evolution. I wish games started after night 1, not day 1. I find day 1s dull, full of people too confident in their own reads and I'd be happier if we all just skipped past it
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:54 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1450, votato wrote:we dont have time to get a claim and properly evaluate gerain. ill compromise on the wagon if needed, but porkens is a good wagon.
In the interests of time, I am more than happy to say now that I will not be claiming any role today. Does that make things easier for you?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:55 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1454, Not_Mafia wrote:Mabinogion, please vote for Scratchings
I assume this is meant for me. Please dont use code though i find it unhelpful. I was once in a game and someone was using an alt account but most people were using their normal and I ruined me
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:55 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 1455, geraintm wrote:
In post 1442, bob3141 wrote:Germa I can't believe you would rather a no lynch over porkens.

If you were town I would have thought if you didnt want to lynch porkens because you genuinely town read him you would have gone for some who you thought was scum. To stop the lynch of a player you thought was town. And not simply vanity voted.

If you are town. Instead you want to simply kick the can down the road. Letting scum have a free kill with us losing a mislynch. Our chance at actual killing scum.
I dont scum read porkens. I am fairly sure I have never said I think he is. So why would I want him dead? You all do you though, and you can use the info I didnt want him lynched as you wish.

And you say our chance to lynch scum....I just dont see it. Not fay 1. Scum just push over confident townies to mislhnches
I never said that you scum read him. I said that if you were town and genuinely town read him. That you would try and push someone else who you thought could be scum but instead you instead now you claim you want a no lynch. So rather than you voting someone else and from POV stopping a mis lynch. As if you were town and didn't scum read porkens you would see porkens as mislynch.

So in that situation a townie would be thinking who out of these others do i want to vote for. Who is a better plausible lynch. Even if they were thinking ok i don't like the choices but thats who i got to choose from. A townie would then pick who they thought had the highest scum equity.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Green Crayons »

What is this first game that you're referencing?

Did he say that in D1?
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:56 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 108, geraintm wrote:
In post 102, notscience wrote:You’re a towel
so very very useful?

I don't get to look at mafia much at the weekends, 5 pages of I have no clue what arguing about ?

Glad I am missing it...

you all do you, i'm going to wait until things become more clear
well theory isn't exactly the right way to label it, but it was my own term @GC. This was yet another instance of antitown behavior from GC that I called out and that led me to my first vote in this game.

Waiting/stalling is a pro-scum way of handling business in a mafia game.

So he has clearly stalled, he has said we should not force players to claim roles (meaning he'd be ok technicslly with us lynching a power role without them claiming), and he has said that we should no lynch (which benefits scum via their NK after the day phase -- where they can a kill a towny player off and we are stuck with not having much of a clue who is scum/having trouble making heads or tails of things).
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:57 am

Post by stungun0404 »

Things still are not clear for him.

He is still voting Not Science from RVS.

We are having trouble lynching, Do you think it might be because a scum geraintm is not helping us at all?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:57 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1464, Green Crayons wrote:

Did he say that in D1?
Also.

What.

"Gerain did X in another game as town. Doing X got him lynched."

"Gerain is not doing not-X. That means he's scum."

Wouldn't Gerain, regardless of alignment, not keep doing X that got him lynched as town?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:58 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1467, Green Crayons wrote:"Gerain is
not
doing not-X. That means he's scum."
Fixed. I incorrectly put in a double negative.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:59 am

Post by stungun0404 »

In post 1461, geraintm wrote:
In the interests of time, I am more than happy to say now that I will not be claiming any role today. Does that make things easier for you?
This right here... is scum trying to use power to their advantage.
It is antitown to not help us and claim if your back is against the wall.
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:02 am

Post by bob3141 »

Did he say that in D1?

Yep he said he didn't like day ones so would be happy with any wagon. Big reason he got wagoned mid day one in that game. In that game the only reason he didn't join the wagon was because it was on me. After I hard defended him on a small feeling on his posting. And got distracted by town flav but before then he was on my counter wgaon if i remember correctly

Scum kept him alive till lylo and mislycnhed him.

in my last game with him he was happy to flash lynch espresso without a claim. And he was happy to voet here and there for actualy reasons. So i dont see germa as being geuine as i know
bob3141
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
bob3141
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:05 am

Post by bob3141 »

In post 1467, Green Crayons wrote:

Did he say that in D1?
Also.

What.

Wouldn't Gerain, regardless of alignment, not keep doing X that got him lynched as town?
i didnt get him lynched though. last game scum took him to lylo and that first game lylo too. It got him heat true but the wagon didnt last long. And in the last scum just ignored him.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:06 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1469, stungun0404 wrote:
In post 1461, geraintm wrote:
This right here... is scum trying to use power to their advantage.
It is antitown to not help us and claim if your back is against the wall.
It is not anti town. I have said that I will not be claiming any role today. That is very clear.

You style of player I need to give a name too, because whatever type of is I will bash heads with. Overconfident townie is what I have you pegged as, and for some reason I rile these players up so badly. Right up to fake cop claims.
stungun0404
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
stungun0404
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:07 am

Post by stungun0404 »

I don't get it. What is so hard for others to understand about geraintm likely being scum/coming off scummy here? How could his repeated examples of clearly anti-town behavior and theory result in a townflip? I see it as unlikely.

I mean, still only three people have now voted him this day phase, in spite of his obvious pro-scum behavior: Bob, Votato, and I.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:07 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 1471, bob3141 wrote:
In post 1467, Green Crayons wrote:

Did he say that in D1?
Also.

What.

i didnt get him lynched though. last game scum took him to lylo and that first game lylo too. It got him heat true but the wagon didnt last long. And in the last scum just ignored him.
Yeah, I was focused on a town player for ages, and once the claim came in I mentally cleared a scum so they left me alone

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”