Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Official Vote Count 1.09
Thomas Hobbes (1588-1679) advocated for strong central government, dismissing life in a state of nature as "solitary, poor, nasty, brutish, and short".
He was also a major figure in the tradition of social contract theory as a model of political legitimacy.

LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

NDMath
(4): NorwegianboyEE, Nauci, mavsfan41, Glitch
GuiltyLion
(2): Looker, NDMath
popopopopopopo
(1): Truth
osuka
(1): GuiltyLion
Nauci
(1): Cat Scratch Fever
LicketyQuickety
(1): osuka
Cat Scratch Fever
(1): popopopopopopo
Glitch
(1): LicketyQuickety

No Lynch
(1): Blair

Not Voting
(0):

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-07-01 18:16:10).

Mod notes:
  • Blair replaces Candy Shop1!
[/area]
Last edited by Deimos27 on Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:16 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 970, Blair wrote:I offered to sub for this game when Rozyroz needed a replacement, and suspected that might be a scum slot.
Looks like we're on the same wavelength currently.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@Blair
Why did you suspect it was a scum slot when Rozyroz needed the replacement?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Blair »

Because the last time I saw Rozyroz flake out of a game they were scum. :lol:
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Blair »

Also

UNVOTE:
“There is nothing so dangerous for anyone who has something to hide as conversation! A human being [...] cannot resist the opportunity to reveal himself and express his personality which conversation gives him. Every time he will give himself away.” -Hercule Poirot
Truth
Truth
Goon
Truth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:10 pm

Post by Truth »

Hi, Blair! Help me vote and put pressure on po while you find someone else you want to vote.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:42 pm

Post by Nauci »

@Mod: I'm V/LA for a day
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by popopopopopopo »

are there any philosophers that arent old white dudes or nah
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 924, LicketyQuickety wrote:P-Edit: Looker just made a very bizarre post and I really have not the slightest clue what to think of it. I don't even really TR it for it being weird. It's just strange and IDK what on earth he is thinking with those percentage points for who to lynch. Like did he legit do math for this game or is he just Scum making up percentages out of thin air. I really don't know.

@Looker: what are those percentage points based on?
How else am I supposed to transparently express my lynch readiness without wasting a bunch of words on subjective adjectives? I feel I took the most straightforward approach.

• I disagree with NorwegianboyEE's assessment that I'm "weird"
    • "Cryptic nonsense" is an insult. Also, I would ask Norway to identify whose logic he feels is definitive. I feel ignorance is the very essence of Mafia, and I question where Norway would get such confidence to feel differently. Especially with their W-L record.
  • I don't get what Truth likes about Candy Shop. I'm unsure regarding his mavsfan logic as well, but I still feel the slot is self-resolving.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 982, popopopopopopo wrote:are there any philosophers that arent old white dudes or nah
Ya there were some young ones too
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:18 pm

Post by Nauci »

Oh my gosh yay; hi Blair!
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by NDMath »

Fyi I just finished a scum game, mini theme 2145.
By some of the meta argument it supports the conclusion I'm scum this game so I'm bringing it up before someone else does.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:00 pm

Post by NDMath »

In post 912, mavsfan41 wrote:@NDMath: what are your views on Truth?
If it's a neighborhood it must strictly be with candyshop/blair because that's the only way it hasn't been outed yet.
So he's either mason or mafia. He isn't be the hang today, so I'm not gonna give further comment until it's a day we could realistically hang him.
In post 915, popopopopopopo wrote:
In post 910, NDMath wrote:I scumread candyshop because of his no hang argument and lack of things I see town motivation in.
Why is the nolynch suggestion scummy?
I've seen newbscum do it multiple times. It's easy to think it's a low-effort town thought process when it really isn't.
In post 919, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@NDMath
Do you agree or disagree with my assessment on difference in play between this one vs Large 227?
I'm inclined to disagree, but it's probably correct.

A hopefully detailed response coming to Quickks when I have more time.
In post 932, mavsfan41 wrote:VOTE: NDMath

Alright Norwegian, I’m down to switch to NDMath. GuiltyLion’s 877 specifically point #5 I think is pretty townie. I think NFMath’s push there is in bad faith and I’m not a fan personally of 910 with the vote coming of GuiltyLion coming in 909. This seems like an extremely forced SR and vote.

Apologies in advance but, I suck at quoting walls and didn’t want to quote NDMath’s 910 and ruin everyone’s day....
but at the bottom of 910, part of NDMath’s of SR’ing GuiltyLion is cause GuiltyLion called out NDMath’s read list for not having reasons attached? This isn’t even a reason to SR anyone. In fact, I’m not quite sure how strong GuiltyLion’s SR of NDMath is. This seems like a pretty defensive position for NDMath to take and a pretty manufactured SR and vote of GuiltyLion here.
@People complaining about me not voting.
In post 974, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 972, popopopopopopo wrote:Welcome Blair. The guy you replaced was pushing for a nolynch, so you have a lot to live up to
I don't think i've ever seen a scum slot advocate for no lynch and site flake. I'm pretty sure they're town unless specifically proven otherwise.
???
Have you seen a town slot advocate for no lynch and then siteflake?
Blair
Blair
Mafia Scum
Blair
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Blair »

Starting my catch up momentarily.

Whoever is around right now: I was considering making a drinking game of every time someone posted something completely insane. Quick question - if I do this, will I die?
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by Glitch »

In post 988, Blair wrote:Starting my catch up momentarily.

Whoever is around right now: I was considering making a drinking game of every time someone posted something completely insane. Quick question - if I do this, will I die?
Truth would be charged with your murder :P :lol:

Welcome aboard
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by popopopopopopo »

In post 987, NDMath wrote:So he's either mason or mafia. He isn't be the hang today, so I'm not gonna give further comment until it's a day we could realistically hang him.
scumslip?
I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, I am the fly, fly in the, fly in the ointment
popopopopopopo
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
popopopopopopo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by popopopopopopo »

In post 986, NDMath wrote:By some of the meta argument it supports the conclusion I'm scum this game so I'm bringing it up before someone else does.
this is weird also? what in particular does it support ?
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 879, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 846, Nauci wrote:@GuiltyLion you were in that newbie game with Osuka, so what's your take on my read?
I totally agree with it and am glad you cased it as explicitly as you did. If I'm trying to be charitable to osuka, mayyyybe he might have gotten lazier over the years since it's a somewhat old game, but that doesn't negate the fact that his shade towards you (as well as myself) here WAS vague and he's clearly someone with enough experience/capability to bring receipts.
i did get lazier over the years, significantly so

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by osuka »

someone asked me a while back if i still scumread truth - yes, yes i do. how can you not? look at what the fuck that slots been doing

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 908, NDMath wrote:(Posting one at a time to make lion happy.)
In post 836, Nauci wrote:
In post 828, NDMath wrote:I'm not understanding the attacks on osuka.
What's there to not understand?

Osuka's posts comprise of the brief fight with Quick, a lot of posts facepalming at Truth which are mostly meaningless, and a very lazy and unsubstantiated push on me.

I scumreads the way that Osuka talks about my posting as "weird" repeatedly without ever explaining weird how—it's exactly the kind of shallow shade throwing without being able to come up with a proper case/narrative that signifies scum pushes vs town ones, especially at an opportune time when others like CSF were FoSing me.

He has repeatedly tried to misconstrue the way I have tried to explain his meta to the game as buddying, even though I've repeatedly told him and everyone else why I said what I did about him and wasn't at buddying. He's not engaging with my push at all or answering my question.
I read osuka's iso, I should have done that in the first place.
cool, you read my iso

and what? did you get nothing from it?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 910, NDMath wrote:
In post 877, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 828, NDMath wrote: He's misinterpreting norwee's post in a way that's missing what's intended to be a humorous statement and instead interpreting it as norwee scumreading him. I found more of norwee's points valid and their tone townie.
This doesn't feel like honest analysis to me. Let's rewind and look at the Norway post that you say is "intended to be a humorous statement" -
In post 172, NorwegianboyEE wrote:GuiltyLion, can you please come in and obvtown it up soon. Your RVS entrance coupled with disappearing hasn’t exactly filled me to the brin with confidence regarding your slot.
what do you see as the humor in this post? This to me felt like a really bogus shade and I kinda took it personally, my RVS was completely NAI and I 'disappeared' because I had other stuff I wanted to do away from the site. I honestly hate coming to threads and seeing people talk about how scummy I am solely because I'm not available to post at all times, it gets under my skin. So what did I misinterpret here, exactly?
In post 828, NDMath wrote:
In post 748, GuiltyLion wrote: alright, if you ask for it I will indulge!

5. Finally, adding your next post into the mix, it's not really clear to me
at all
why you have any of the reads that you do. Your reads list has most of the players in the game in ambiguous nully tiers with no explanation given as to how they got to be there or where you'd feel comfortable voting. Why am I lower than Candyshop, who is lower than everyone else in the game? Do you think I'm more likely scum? If both myself and Candyshop were at L-1 and you were holding the hammer, you'd vote me over Candy Shop - why? Why are Glitch/Nauci below the four players above them? Would you vote to lynch either of those slots today?

6. None of it is content that is useful to me to help understand your thought process or suggests that you're taking initiative to solve the game for your benefit or anyone else's. It all feels very timid and blendy, like you're just posting a formulaic template of what you think town posts are supposed to look like.
5. The purpose of the readlist was to summarize the catchup and fill in what wasn't said in terms of reads. I'm more willing to hang the further down the list, and I tend to be a more defensive player in that I prefer not having my townreads hung to getting my scumreads hung.
6. I'm not comprehending this paragraph.
5 - I think you kinda missed my point here. I'm not so much questioning the purpose of a reads list in general, I'm more specifically questioning why your tiers exist, they feel arbitrary. Let's just zoom in on Candy Shop for a single example - it's baffling to me that he somehow exists in between Glitch/Nauci and myself. Presumably, all of us are scumreads to you in some form or the other. How and why did you decide to put him in a tier of his own? Why not just have him on my tier, or the tier above? What meaning were you trying to convey by separating the four of us into three tiers like that?

6 - I feel it's kinda clear? None of your post by post comments lead me to understand how you then created that readslist. Largely because of my issues in point 5, I can't trace a clear train of thought from "here's my thoughts as I'm reading the game" -> "here's how my reads got to be where they are".
In post 878, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 828, NDMath wrote: From context of this post and that they're my most recent games, I'm assuming the games you Iso'd my slot were open777 and largenomal227.
In open 777 I wasn't 'townie' and 'insightful' until day 2. Day 1 I was scumread by many players and my reads were very omgussy.
In largenormal227 I layed low and didn't do much until I lead massclaim. I definitely wasn't very goal oriented in this game.
Also, I would love to point out the use of 'so far here' as opposed to presumably looking at most of the game in the other games.
I'm not sure why this counts as a defense? Aren't you saying basically that as town you don't start trying until later, and you haven't tried yet here? How is that different from a scum game where you don't try?

and I definitely think you were more goal oriented in large normal 227. Here are your second, third, fourth, fifth posts from that game:

Spoiler: NDMath ISO in Large Normal 227
In post 168, NDMath wrote:1. Nope.
2. Mininormal 2125
3. Not sure.

From tone I have hoctac and norwee likely town and manatee likely scum.
In post 170, NDMath wrote:Not a strong read but,
Nothing of his rings townie, and I particularly see this post coming from scum.
In post 146, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 95, word321 wrote:while we r at it, lets try to make communications clean and fluid
the more content we have, the better
if we need to translate every 2 posts, we r looseing possibilities on interactions
dont like this post it screams "im towny"
In post 130, popopopopopopo wrote:in a large game like this, picking some VI to quicklynch isn't a bad idea day 1.
While I dont like the idea behind this post im inclined to believe it comes from town for now
In post 173, NDMath wrote:
In post 171, midwaybear wrote:hum, that post seems more townie than scummy than me
idk how good my tone reading is though
What's your thoughts on stan1ey?
In post 177, NDMath wrote:
In post 175, midwaybear wrote:I like what he is doing so far. He is clarifying stuff and also trying to scumhunt(votato)
He said he was really good at scum though, but I still tl stan1ey
Similar to what I was thinking when I read his iso so far. His answers to questions all seem natural.

The more word talks the more I like his progression.

This is like page 7-8 or whatever of that game and ALL of these posts stand out more to me in terms of trying to sort players, generate content, and share reads to influence than thread than anything you've done here so far. I'll grant you that maybe it's been harder in this game because pages and pages were generated while you weren't around, but tbh if you're town in this game, you'd be far better served just quoting singular posts and giving takes like you did in 227 than doing the giant fluff walls filled with empty statements like you've given us so far.
I interpreted the post as being annoyed they didn't have as many townreads as they would like, and picked you because of prior experience and not having posted as much as other slots.

I scumread candyshop because of his no hang argument and lack of things I see town motivation in. Nauci/glitch I didn't like a few posts from and had them just under null. I strongly scumread you, mainly from your norwee interaction. But basically both of 5/6 are complaints that I didn't attach reasons to my readlist, and I don't see what's inherently wrong with that as it can be clarified and most of the reads weren't very strong.

I meant it more so as I need to first get a grasp on the game.

I guess I don't see/get the difference other than I haven't asked anyone for reads since everyone's given some.
this post is pretty bland

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 922, Looker wrote:
In post 860, Nauci wrote:@looker you seem to have stopped interesting with GL and have been suspecting other players since your vote. Has your read on him changed since then, or is he still your top scum read?
My lynch preferences reduced to percentages are:
22% Guilty Lion | 18% popopo | 17% Candy Shop or mavsfan41 | 13% LicketyQuick | 12% NDMath | 8% Glitch | 5% Nauci | 4% Norway | 1% Truth, Osuka, or Cat Scratch
In post 865, Truth wrote:
In post 859, Nauci wrote:@Truth how has your read on Osuka evolved since you moved your vote off of him?
I still don't like him. My suspects are po, osuka, and maybe Glitch. Do you want me to vote for osuka again?
I want you to choose between Candy Shop and mavsfan41.
In post 870, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I think I'm nearing prod range so this is a prodge

my husband probably broke his foot yesterday so rl is busy right now
Same (with regard to being busy). It sometimes feels like posting on here is a chore.
why do you still wanna lynch gl so much? even if you think he's scummy, aren't there better slots to lynch in terms of both scum probability and flip information?

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 924, LicketyQuickety wrote:In any case, I feel less sure about Osuka being Town. I find the arguments against him seem legit and he's still voting me for who really knows what reason at this point. @NDMath, what do you think of osuka?
i honestly forgot i had voteparked you, but just for your conscience's sake
UNVOTE:

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 924, LicketyQuickety wrote:Nauci seems Town to the naked eye, but I am not seeing anything that makes me think it isn't something Scum could post - especially considering Nauci's high use of meta as a playstyle. Not going to just assume Nauci is Town just because they have meta dove people.
this sums up my feelings on nauci if i forget about the buddying thing, which in all honesty could actually have been just playstyle (to give her the benefit of the doubt)

osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 927, Truth wrote:
In post 922, Looker wrote:I want you to choose between Candy Shop and mavsfan41.
I like Candy Shop. I was happy mavsfan trusted me but I get the feeling mafia will also be more likely to trust me, because they know I can't be mafia and am telling the truth. I will leave him as an unsure.
why do you like candy shop?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”