Mini 649-Everything comes down to money(Game Over)

Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:42 pm

Post by Y.C »

@riboflavin: you should explain your vote, rather than just vote for him.
In fact, why
were
you so quick to place a third vote for him?
When it only takes 5 to vote, this is very significant, especially so early, since it can be later overlooked when looking for the people responsible for a lynch.

Unvote Light-kun
FOS riboflavin

@Light-kun: you also placed a third vote. The reason given strikes me as odd. Do you think it is fair play on the part of scum to use a mod's mistake in his favour?
Arma virumque cano, Troiae qui primus ab oris
Italiam, fato profugus, Laviniaque venit
litora, multum ille et terris iactatus et alto
vi superum saevae memorem Iunonis ob iram
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:23 am

Post by sirdanilot »

riboflavin wrote:
unvote VOTE: light- kun
for tryin to act as though he isnt scum, why else would he mention that explanation?
There is so much wrong with this post.

There is no 'too scummy' or 'too towny'. To be honest, this really screams a newbie scum defending their partner. 'Nuff said.

FoS Riboflavin

Now, on to Artem. Riboflavin's buddy? Perhaps. Anyhow, I am rather surprised that Light-kun bases his Artem vote off an iffy scumtell at best (probably even WIFOM), while there are better tells around. His nervous changing of his vote in the random voting fase is very iffy. My random voting stage vote was, because of that, not even completely random. I am suspecting Artem, but awaiting his defense I will unvote for now.

unvote Artem, FoS Artem
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:46 am

Post by Artem »

Netlava wrote:Artem, why did you feel the need to change your vote, eh? Missed your scumbuddy?
Because Y.C.'s post wasn't there when I clicked "Post reply" and appeared before I hit "Submit" on my own post. Mind reading and preemptive posting to make it appear as if I'm bandwagoning Light-Kun is an obvious scum tactic. :D
Light-Kun wrote: He is new, and actually cared to mention the long night deadline first. I am thinking he is scum, because I just kinda glazed through everything, and if I were experienced scum, I would be like, "sweet" and say nothing. If I were an amateur, I would probably do something similar.

So, why so curious about the date set Artem?
Because as mentioned, this is my first game outside of the newbie thread, so of course I'm reading all the rules carefully. (Heck, I even had to look up what some of the roles mean). Having nighttalk allowed until Aug 20th didn't seem fair.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:57 am

Post by Natirasha »

Expect one vote count a page.
Vote Count

Riboflavin(2): Light-Kun, Coron
Y.C(1): Artem
Artem(1): Netlava
sirdanilot(1): lifeofpie
Light-Kun(1): Riboflavin
Riboflavin would be lynched at deadline. 9 alive, 5 to lynch.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:19 am

Post by lifeofpie »

Artem wrote:
Netlava wrote:Artem, why did you feel the need to change your vote, eh? Missed your scumbuddy?
Because Y.C.'s post wasn't there when I clicked "Post reply" and appeared before I hit "Submit" on my own post. Mind reading and preemptive posting to make it appear as if I'm bandwagoning Light-Kun is an obvious scum tactic. :D
okay...
Light-Kun wrote: He is new, and actually cared to mention the long night deadline first. I am thinking he is scum, because I just kinda glazed through everything, and if I were experienced scum, I would be like, "sweet" and say nothing. If I were an amateur, I would probably do something similar.

Because as mentioned, this is my first game outside of the newbie thread, so of course I'm reading all the rules carefully. (Heck, I even had to look up what some of the roles mean). Having nighttalk allowed until Aug 20th didn't seem fair.
I'll agree with newbieness.

If you don't like macs, tough luck.
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:23 am

Post by Light-kun »

Artem wrote:

Cool, just using you to get conversation started. And wow did that work. First, I like your response so
Unvote

Second, I have to go eat and checked in to see response. I will be back in the next 4 hours to write something more interesting.

Nati-Note: Fixing Tags
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Light-kun »

Woops, code disabled...
Unvote
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Light-kun »

Okay, back, and thus far:
Y.C wrote:@riboflavin: you should explain your vote, rather than just vote for him.
In fact, why
were
you so quick to place a third vote for him?
When it only takes 5 to vote, this is very significant, especially so early, since it can be later overlooked when looking for the people responsible for a lynch.

Unvote Light-kun
FOS riboflavin

@Light-kun: you also placed a third vote. The reason given strikes me as odd. Do you think it is fair play on the part of scum to use a mod's mistake in his favour?
YC, I placed a third vote off an iffy scumtell to move forward conversation and, the main point, to see his reaction. His reaction seems logical enough, and hence my unvote. So, my third vote has some point to it. (And personally, L-2 doesn't scare me too much this early because only an amateur scum would go for a quick lynch. And, if I were scum, I would have to be an absolute novice to pursue Artem with second rate (at best) "tells.")

Now, Sirdinalot:
sirdanilot wrote:
riboflavin wrote:
unvote VOTE: light- kun
for tryin to act as though he isnt scum, why else would he mention that explanation?
There is so much wrong with this post.

There is no 'too scummy' or 'too towny'. To be honest, this really screams a newbie scum defending their partner. 'Nuff said.

FoS Riboflavin

Now, on to Artem. Riboflavin's buddy? Perhaps. Anyhow, I am rather surprised that Light-kun bases his Artem vote off an iffy scumtell at best (probably even WIFOM), while there are better tells around. His nervous changing of his vote in the random voting fase is very iffy. My random voting stage vote was, because of that, not even completely random. I am suspecting Artem, but awaiting his defense I will unvote for now.

unvote Artem, FoS Artem
Nah, not nervous change of vote, but a question: What better scum tell is there at that point of arbitrary voting? ANd if you mean since then, care to point one out?

Don't get me wrong, I can see your point with the Riboflavin FoS, and the mild FoS on Artem, (albeit, less deserved and almost dependent on Ribo's scumminess), but still, I don't see a better scum tell till after the fact. (I am sure that is what you meant... but I may be mistaken.)

Hm, okay, I am going to wait on a post from Ribo before anything, and Artem I already covered in my last post, so I should be good for now.
riboflavin
riboflavin
Townie
riboflavin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by riboflavin »

lol why is every1 trying to lynch me? its my first game, didnt know such a noobish question would make every1 try to lynch me.

now y.c was the first one to take offence to this n00bish statement and was so eager to turn me into what appeared to be scum with sir D backing him up

{B} unvote: light-kun VOTE: Y.C{/B}

lol wats the bet this gets me lynched?
riboflavin
riboflavin
Townie
riboflavin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by riboflavin »

unvote ligh-kun VOTE Y.C

just a repost cause the quick reply didnt let me use bold
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:53 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Light-kun wrote:Nah, not nervous change of vote, but a question: What better scum tell is there at that point of arbitrary voting? ANd if you mean since then, care to point one out?

Don't get me wrong, I can see your point with the Riboflavin FoS, and the mild FoS on Artem, (albeit, less deserved and almost dependent on Ribo's scumminess), but still, I don't see a better scum tell till after the fact. (I am sure that is what you meant... but I may be mistaken.)

Hm, okay, I am going to wait on a post from Ribo before anything, and Artem I already covered in my last post, so I should be good for now.
Exactly that, nervous change of vote.
Vote: Light-kun due to the obligatory "you're trying to start a bandwagon".
Damn it.

Unvote

Vote: Y.C. for beating me to the punch.
Now, I do agree that this isn't a
horrible
scumtell, but at this stage of the game it was enough to warrant a FoS.
Now, Artem's post #27 was good. But mind you, don't use newbiness as an excuse!

For now I'll
unFoS
, but IGMEOY!

On to Ribo. Firstly, you can bold in Quick reply by surrounding your text with the following tags:

Code: Select all

[b]yourtexthere[/b]

riboflavin wrote:lol why is every1 trying to lynch me? its my first game, didnt know such a noobish question would make every1 try to lynch me.
As I said with Artem, your newbiness goes only so far for an excuse. Being a newb does not mean that you can't be scum! The roles are decided on randomly, after all. Your question was very scummy.
now y.c was the first one to take offence to this n00bish statement and was so eager to turn me into what appeared to be scum with sir D backing him up

{B} unvote: light-kun VOTE: Y.C{/B}

lol wats the bet this gets me lynched?
Now, this is where you clearly go wrong. The fact that people suspect you in itself does not make them scummy, it's the way how and the context.

Although you may be the desperate towny newb that is suspected and thinks that everyone who suspects him is scummy, your post was simply too scummy to just let you get away with.

vote riboflavin

Quite honestly I'd advise you to do a newbie game first, but that's up to you.

mod: Huh, I don't think the vote count is right, could you double check it? Lightkun had his vote on Artem and not on ribo IIRC... My vote would put Ribo at l-3 I think.
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:32 am

Post by Netlava »

Placing a third vote shouldn't be a scumtell. Y.C., why do you think votes should be distributed equally?

Riboflavin, why do you think mentioning that explanation in particular is scummy?

Actually, Artem gets pro-town points in my book for preventing the scum from night-talking. I wouldn't have noticed the rules. :P
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Y.C »

Netlava, my remark was an attempt at humour, as part of the random votes phase.

But I do think that there is significance in a third vote when it takes 5 to lynch, since it allows scum to get a vote unnoticed amidst the other votes. In that way, in case of a townie-lynch, he (or she) goes under the radar. Obviously this could apply to other votes, it's just something worth remembering.
Airhead
Airhead
Townie
Airhead
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:19 pm

Post by Airhead »

Hello everyone I would like to
vote: sirdanilot
because he unvoted Artem and FOS'd him without voting anyone else and I don't understand why a townie would do that since he stopped using his vote.
pop.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Vote Count 1 is indeed wrong, if any further counts are wrong, please bring them to my attention. Night talking roles may not talk after tomorrow.

VOTE COUNT 2

Riboflavin(2): Coron, sirdanilot
Y.C(2): Artem, riboflavin
Artem(1): Netlava
sirdanilot(2): lifeofpie, Airhead

Y.C would be lynched at deadline. 5 to lynch.
Last edited by Natirasha on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
riboflavin
riboflavin
Townie
riboflavin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by riboflavin »

i still have my suspicions on who is scum and they are: Y.C and Sir D. good luck after you lynch me hope u finally realise who Actually is scum.

and gratz to you 2 for so easily turning my fellow townies against me, although my newbyness doesnt help as i dont know a way to prove my innocence, only the fact that the post that started all of this was an honest noob post. i hope you guys can come to realise that im a townie and have been made to appear as a scum by Y.c and Sir D who were both so quick to make me appear as scum.

off topic, when you get killed do you find out who the mafia are? and when some1's killed do you find out if they were innocent or mafia?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:42 pm

Post by Natirasha »

riboflavin wrote:off topic, when you get killed do you find out who the mafia are? and when some1's killed do you find out if they were innocent or mafia?
When a player is lynched, you will find out their alignment and role. Same for aplayer who is nightkilled.
riboflavin
riboflavin
Townie
riboflavin
Townie
Townie

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by riboflavin »

ok then just say i get lynched this coming up deadline do i find out who the mafia are straight away or do i just have to keep watching this forum and find out like every1 else at the end?
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Natirasha »

You have to keep watching.
Y.C
Y.C
Goon
Y.C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Y.C »

@Mod: at your vote-count, you've mentioned both Riboflavin and me as lynched on next deadline.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by Artem »

So, we seem to be leaving the joke phase of the game, so
Unvote
Airhead wrote:Hello everyone I would like to
because he unvoted Artem and FOS'd him without voting anyone else and I don't understand why a townie would do that since he stopped using his vote.
This is suspicious to me. First, sirdanilot is using his vote, so Airhead is wrong. Second, this is coming across as a lurker popping in and making a half-attempt at being useful. This deserves some pressure in my book:

Vote: Airhead

I also think that riboflavin is over-reacting in post 40, but I'm getting more of a newb-town feel from it (mostly because I feel that asking about revelation of scum is a town slip).
Airhead
Airhead
Townie
Airhead
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:35 pm

Post by Airhead »

Artem I would like to ask you why you say I am a "lurker" when the mod told you that I said I would be away and unable to access the game for a few days.

Also why do you say I am trying to look useful rather than trying to be useful because I think I might really be on to something with sirdanilot.

Lastly I was quite obviously referring to sirdanilot's post #26 in which he was not using his vote at that time and I see very little reason for any townie to unvote and not be using their vote at this stage in the game so I am unsure in what sense you think I am "wrong" that he decided to stop using his vote at that time.

Do you think that it was a good idea for him to unvote and not be using his vote at that time Artem -- do you think it would be a good idea for all the players in the game to unvote and just fos who they were voting when no one is anywhere near lynch. Do you think that doing that would be town behavior. Why.
pop.
sirdanilot
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
sirdanilot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:26 am

Post by sirdanilot »

Airhead wrote:Hello everyone I would like to
I unvoted because the random voting stage was over and Artem was not suspicious enough to warrant a lynch, and I wanted to wait putting pressure on riboflavin. And as you see, Artem's defense (I even mentioned that I was waiting for that) was enough for me to not directly suspect him anymore (I still have my eye on him) and ribo came off as the number one suspect.

Something like this is really easy for scum to take advantage of, while what I was doing was actually pretty helpful to the town. The fact that you were away for a few days allowed you to pop in and have an excuse for it. But then again I'm just speculating here.
lifeofpie
lifeofpie
Townie
lifeofpie
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:29 am

Post by lifeofpie »

Airhead wrote:Also why do you say I am trying to look useful rather than trying to be useful because I think I might really be on to something with sirdanilot.
He was randomly voting.
A reason to not use your vote is that you don't want to accidentaly get someone lynched. This has a possible chance (low) before you have any concrete information.

If you don't like macs, tough luck.
Artem
Artem
Mafia Scum
Artem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Artem »

Airhead wrote:Artem I would like to ask you why you say I am a "lurker" when the mod told you that I said I would be away and unable to access the game for a few days.
Alright, "lurker" may not be an appropriate term, especially this early in the game, but your entrance does warrant suspicion.
Airhead wrote: Also why do you say I am trying to look useful rather than trying to be useful because I think I might really be on to something with sirdanilot.

Lastly I was quite obviously referring to sirdanilot's post #26 in which he was not using his vote at that time and I see very little reason for any townie to unvote and not be using their vote at this stage in the game so I am unsure in what sense you think I am "wrong" that he decided to stop using his vote at that time.

Do you think that it was a good idea for him to unvote and not be using his vote at that time Artem -- do you think it would be a good idea for all the players in the game to unvote and just fos who they were voting when no one is anywhere near lynch. Do you think that doing that would be town behavior. Why.
So, you're voting sirdanilot because he didn't use his vote between posts #26 and #35? No, I don't think it's a good idea for all players in the game to unvote and just fos, but I think that players are entitled to be able to not be voting at one time or another.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”