Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 1:03 am

Post by brassherald »

Just a quick announcement. I have been informed that my office is reopening on Wednesday. I do not know what that means for court but the issue will be revisited when I find out.

Anyway, I need to move my estimated time for the morning vote count. To that end, I'm either going to have to do it around 7am or it'll have to be an estimated time of 10 am. That 10am is probably more convenient for me but will be less reliable than a 7 am.

If you have a preference either way, please pm me and I'll make a determination. Until that decision is made, starting Wednesday, please be patient with what may be a little bit of a bumpy transition here as I try to work back to normal life.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:09 am

Post by brassherald »

Vote Count Day 1.09

Emperor flippyNips (2):
, ,
Espeonage (2):
Hoopla (2):
UnaBombaH (2):
CooLDoG (1):

gobbledygook (1):

Gypyx(1):

renaissance (1):

Not Voting (1):

Espeonage has until about 1 PM EST to post or will be replaced.
There are (expired on 2020-06-17 06:05:00) remaining in Day 1
With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.[/area]
[/color]
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:22 am

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

In post 524, Gypyx wrote:
In post 500, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 498, gobbledygook wrote:
In post 497, AGar wrote:Why do you find it scummy and not just bad town play?
A lot of people say my playstyle is bad town play because it appears erratic and nonsensical to them, so that's why I generally try not to classify anything as bad town play.
I push anything that I think is not pushing a town wincondition forward.

OMG! Me tooo! i look scummy af when im town. and touching on the people not going after their prefered lynch. i have no clue who i want to die, im trying to get townies first then i'll figure out who i want to kill.

i originally voted hoop for omgus lulz, but left it there cos it felt right & no one else has really given me bad vibes
this post pings me hard as scum, it's just Flippy justifing himself for scummy things he'll do in the future, like

"OMG! Me tooo! i look scummy af when im scum. and touching on the people not going after their prefered lynch. i have an excuse to hop on every wagon, im trying to buddy peoples first then i'll hop on to whatever wagon I want.

i originally voted hoop for omgus lulz, but left it there cos i haven't participated in the game since"

VOTE: flippyNips

Okay flip me then, ggs to scum
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:24 am

In post 521, Gypyx wrote:
In post 456, Emperor flippyNips wrote:you know i still think hoopla is a decent vote but im gonna move on over to here

VOTE: gyphx i have a hunch :cool:
In post 458, Emperor flippyNips wrote:fuck actually i take it back

UNVOTE:

i've reconsidered and i think gyph is likely town

How do you vote someone only to immediatly unvote them the next post? especially considering that you also had different scum leans at the time of that post

I mean I voted you at one point but I realized something as soon as I got done posting that I’d rather not go into. Shit happens, I’m allowed to change my mind
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:26 am

Plus scum doesn’t usually bounce around voting people or do stuff like that. They pick someone and hunker down for the most part. Doing what I did draws unwanted attention
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:38 am

In post 519, UnaBombaH wrote:I feel like someone asked for my reads at some point as well, and even if no one did.. :]

I guess my only townleans so far are AGar and Hiraki.
I like their individual mindsets, and they seem to pay attention to details in these masses of nothingness we sometimes refer to as posts.

My swaying reads are currently quite a bunch, unfortunately.
On the upper side of them though, I have CoolDog and Flippynips.
I got some towny vibes from their earlier posts, but I feel both of them took some steps in their later posts that turned me a little sour towards them. I think I've already pointed those individual posts out already.

On the other hand, Prana is looking like a hedgehog again.
And I'm having trouble deciding where to place them as of now.
Espeonage and Lickety both land on the same slot as Prana.
Somewhere slightly below the null-line, but mainly because it's been harder to cipher a read out of them, than it has been from CoolDog and Flippy.

My lynchpool for today, and the scumleans I have gathered so far, shamefully include too many people as of now.
But I'd like to repeat my earlier statement - the list made by Hoopla
In post 310, Hoopla wrote:hoopla (president)
gobbledygook
notscience
renaissance
gypyx
I feel like I'd be willing to lynch anyone on this list D1, and truly believe there has to be at least one scum within it. Potentially more.
notscience was the first one to ping my radar, and gypyx the second. (although the discussion ended up being more mechanical to others, which is why I dropped it)
Now gobbledy and renaissance both felt, at the same time mind you, that I was the most scummy player in the game?
I could understand people protecting the townblock and their position in it later on in the game, but D1? :]

I think out of the 2 of them, renaissance is currently the more suspicious one, but I'm looking out for all of them.
VOTE: renaissance
Ahh I’ve been waiting for your list. I agree with the town reads and I think I still have you in my town reads. I’m not too sure who I think scum is tho. So NS isn’t pinging you as much anymore? Or are you trying to wagon someone you think it could stick on?

Do you have other reasons for scum reading ren?
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:06 am

And I promise I didn’t mean for that to sound as passive aggressive as it was lol
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:08 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I got side tracked last night watching the 3:30 hour espn documentary about my favorite football player, Micheal Vick, obviously. I watched the Lance armstrong documentary the night before. Highly recommended pairing. You get to see a portrait of two individuals. Vick seemed like a nice guy who cared too much about other people and just couldn't let go. Old Italian proverb, "Nothing is worse than the poor man become rich" rings true. Lance, on the other hand, was more like me: an unapologetic asshole.

In post 453, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 435, UnaBombaH wrote:Also.
I'm gonna drop the topic now, but I heavily disagree with two separate assessments made regarding the Traitor-talk.
First of all, if someone thinks they have spotted a tell for a traitor, it does not matter how "common" they are. If they are allowed in Normals, they can be in any and every game.
I just finished a game with two Millers, Innocent Child, a Town Ascetic Encryptor with no hoods and two scum in it. (11:2)

I do not EXPECT to run into a setup like this ever again, but that wasn't the first time on site with two Millers in the game.
So assuming something based on how common it is?
I think it has some similarities with how Gamblers fallacy works.

i honestly was done talking about traitor stuff on page whatever it started on. i was gonna say we'll deal with that if there's not a night kill one night but i looked at the normal guidelines & i guess they can't be recruited unless they're bulletproof?

do you mean two pairs of millers?
Doesn't want to talk about traitor speculation, starts talking about miller speculation.
In post 456, Emperor flippyNips wrote:you know i still think hoopla is a decent vote but im gonna move on over to here

VOTE: gyphx i have a hunch :cool:
ships votes for no reasons, when there should be one. I mean, if you were thinking about the traitor spec, you should at least be able to articulate why Gyphix was scummy coming out of that. You also need to answer the famous "Newb Vi, or scum?" question on him. Which you don't, you just ship dat vote.
In post 458, Emperor flippyNips wrote:fuck actually i take it back

UNVOTE:

i've reconsidered and i think gyph is likely town
wtf actually changed here?
In post 460, Emperor flippyNips wrote:well i don't really care for any of espeonage's post but nothing shouts scum in his iso to me, why are people sring him?
because after starting the game rolling with a meme claim and after he hasn't posted any content what so ever.
In post 471, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 447, gobbledygook wrote:That reads to me like a scum reaction.
How on earth did you get a read like that? :lol:
I'm starting to think you are the type of player who decide outcomes and reads first, and then make everything new fit that decision.
There was absolutely nothing about my latest post that wasn't dedicated to
correcting
false statements about my own play so far.
If you find that scummy, slap a vote on me.
I can't do much to help you.
In post 447, gobbledygook wrote:Most of your posts are talking about Gypyx. Ergo talking a lot but not doing anything with your vote
Ah, but then you took an opportune time to scold me.
I have already said my piece regarding Gypyx, and I thought I made it rather clear as well, hmm? :]

Moving on, as should you.
is all you can do is defend yourself? Scum list now.
In post 473, renaissance wrote:
In post 384, CooLDoG wrote:gyphx. It's a hoopla, espe renassance scum read. Vote for hoopla. You know that list is scummy as hell. She says she is town hunting, but doesn't really provide reasons for it. AND her lynch pool is basically the entire town so she can wagon hop. Vote hoopla. You know this is the correct choice.
I'm scum with her because why? I haven't even defended her, I'm just neutral. Also, I don't see how you're so confident on her when a large part of her play seems to be playstyle. I recently read Team Mafia 2015 and uh... yeah
yes, yes you have. ALso, fuck you stupid meta.

here is all of your soft defenses:
Spoiler:
In post 180, renaissance wrote:Not a fan of Hiraki's mass confusion in . I don't get why he's so befuddled at the Hoopla-related matters.
In post 258, renaissance wrote:
In post 99, Espeonage wrote:Ok so my thoughts are that I would expect town who believes the claim to go, ok cool good to know. It's bit wifom-y so imma leave it to later or just err on the side of randomness.

Scum however I would expect to look at it as part of the puzzle to solve. As if it is true it can mess with their play / be used as a tool to hide behind. Especially since that was immediately where CD's thoughts went. I think if you think, how can scum use this it would generally be a pretty strong indicator that you are scum.

I expected people to at least attempt to read between the lines but whatever I can spell everything out.

I however on the opposite side don't like this weird as chainsaw shit going on with gobbles either, so there's that too.
This is why I like Espeonage.
In post 352, renaissance wrote:Have you played with Hoopla before?

THe last one in particular is terrible. Trying to defend people with meta on d1. Now you are trying to defend her from a game that happened in 2015...
In post 475, renaissance wrote:I don't want to lynch Hoopla because I enjoy her style of posting. I wouldn't say I have a good read on her though.

:cool: Dog's overconfidence is an eh, like to the extent where he's looking for Hoopla's scum buddies and looking for associatives, but now he's already considering other wagons like Espe?
Here, more defending of hoopla. Like, it can't be more obvious than this. I like her playstyle, ergo she is town... jeez weak as hell defense regardless. IF she flips scum, we are power lynching your ass.

Also, "already considering"... huh? I've been singing that tune for a while. I mean, lets look at it. I was talking a scum team here: . I threw my case on espe in . And for the record, I dropped my hoopla vote in . SO I don't know what you mean by "already"... I mean, that's several many pages and posts to be considered an "already". And my vote is still on hoopla.

@ can we make the buddy sheep more obvious... urrrrrggggg.... I don't know. Really don't like renissance. WOuld be more willing to vote for him/her than to vote forespe atm.... urrrgggggg. ALthough, espe is still a good wagon.

Una is also a very easy lynch to push as scum. Not sure what my read on him actually is.... seems scummy though....
In post 488, Hiraki wrote:pretty sure my lynchpool today is in hoopla, flippynips, and renaissance. will change based on the VC
very down.
In post 493, gobbledygook wrote:My CoolDog read still has conditions on it, but he has done enough now that I can town read him independent of any conditions. Thank goodness. I did not want to reveal my conditions. :lol:

===

Renaissance, Hoopla, CoolDog, Hiraki - what do you think of the fact that Una did:
...nothing to get notscience killed
...not vote anyone else on his shortlist after unvoting notscience
def suspiscous. But I feel bad voting for a wagon that has my scum reads on it.
In post 510, Hoopla wrote:
In post 439, CooLDoG wrote:I guess going off of Hoopla's system I would pref to lynch either renaissance. It must be noted that if you believe in hoopla's system you can't exonerate her for it, because it is her very system. SHe will perposfully play to look town under it as scum and town.....

I am thinking of shipping over to espe.
it appears you've come to the conclusion that my play is neutral and not inherently scummy like you were claiming a few pages back?

in the interest of breaking the fourth wall and connecting heart-to-heart with my readers, i must admit, this is true. i am capable of playing scum or town this way. historically, i have been fiercely devoted to mimicking my town meta as scum: that town meta being passionate attempts to optimise d1 play to boost town EV. it has always been annoying to have to copy that as scum, and not lurk my way to victory, but such is life.

i recommend readers to judge me on the outcomes of my actions. i'll be easier to read once we have some claims/flips. or in this specific game, wait for me to absorb the nightkill.

~~

mister cooldog

i see you are greasing the wheel, readying yourself for an espeonage vote. are you waiting for a sign? for someone to hold your hand and tell you it's okay?

well, consider this post that sign. i can't promise safe passage on future days from the eyes of the town bloc, but your allegiance will be looked upon favourably.
nah. you are still scummy as hell. I'm just saying that just because you follow the system, does not then mean that you are town. You posting about your system is NAI. However, the way that you are playing with it in this game is scummy. As has been articulated before. I'm also 100% right in my early game d1 one reads, obviously, so yeah, not town bloc for me.
after a wank.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:20 am

@cooldog-yeah I weighed that out then I thought of something else. I’m going with curious newbie.

& about esp, I mean that could be scum indicative, but I think it’s more likely to be town, if they don’t start posting content by day 2 we can rid of them then if they choose to still be dead weight
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:26 am

I like CD’s analysts on ren, I need to iso them but I’m mobile rn so I’m not trying to do all that. Plus im probably not gonna be active in a hour or so until tonight.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:11 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 453, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 435, UnaBombaH wrote:Also.
I'm gonna drop the topic now, but I heavily disagree with two separate assessments made regarding the Traitor-talk.
First of all, if someone thinks they have spotted a tell for a traitor, it does not matter how "common" they are. If they are allowed in Normals, they can be in any and every game.
I just finished a game with two Millers, Innocent Child, a Town Ascetic Encryptor with no hoods and two scum in it. (11:2)

I do not EXPECT to run into a setup like this ever again, but that wasn't the first time on site with two Millers in the game.
So assuming something based on how common it is?
I think it has some similarities with how Gamblers fallacy works.

i honestly was done talking about traitor stuff on page whatever it started on. i was gonna say we'll deal with that if there's not a night kill one night but i looked at the normal guidelines & i guess they can't be recruited unless they're bulletproof?

do you mean two pairs of millers?
What is the point of this post, Flippy?
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:13 am

I was curious about the set up. That’s about it. It did make me realize the traitor talk was necessary tho
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:18 am

Post by brassherald »

Searching for a replacement for Renaissance.

Espeonage has approximately 45 minutes to return before being replaced.
UnaBombaH
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
UnaBombaH
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:23 am

Post by UnaBombaH »

In post 530, Emperor flippyNips wrote:So NS isn’t pinging you as much anymore? Or are you trying to wagon someone you think it could stick on?
Something like that, but I'd nuance it by saying others ping more.
AND the fact that I do not see NotScience being the wagon today.
"If Unah’s scum, consider me a random $20 on the ground, cuz I am pocketed."
-Flavor Leaf to scum!Una
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:27 am

Post by brassherald »

farside22 replaces Renaissance.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:28 am

Post by farside22 »

Hey kids! Going to read through now.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:33 am

In post 538, UnaBombaH wrote:
In post 530, Emperor flippyNips wrote:So NS isn’t pinging you as much anymore? Or are you trying to wagon someone you think it could stick on?
Something like that, but I'd nuance it by saying others ping more.
AND the fact that I do not see NotScience being the wagon today.

For sure, I’m still mulling over who to vote & probably won’t figure it out till tomorrow. I’d rather bot drop a vote if I’m gonna be away for awhile

you also cut off my last question. I didn’t really understand why you were scum reading renaissance besides they thought you were the scummiest in the game
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:33 am

Post by AGar »

Hi far!
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:34 am

In post 540, farside22 wrote:Hey kids! Going to read through now.

How, how, howdy!
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:38 am

I feel like this is the most I’ve seen of pre-2010 join dates in one game, P—Coool
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:39 am

Alright welp, I’m gone for a while

Spoiler:
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:45 am

Post by CooLDoG »

my god. so now the player list gets even better.

@flippy, see my post for more of the same....

fuck it, scum aren't gonna bus hoopla d1.

VOTE: unvote
vote: renessance

come on guys, lets get the gravy train going. Get a scum lynch d1.
after a wank.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:54 am

Post by notscience »

Hi farside!

At work will read tonight after work/family dinner
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:02 am

Post by notscience »

I lied I read

Correct me if I’m wrong but is the main reason people are scumreading Renaissance pre flip associatives with hoopla?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:03 am

Post by farside22 »

First scum ping is gypx. Not sure why cool dog believe Esp claim right off the bat. I just thought it was a joke post.
I can't recall a time I disagreed and agreed with a play all in one post.
Emperor is a walking contradiction. Doesn't want to RVS, but says he is voting for the lulz? What is the difference?
Reading the back and forth between hoopla and NS I think I vomited a little in my mouth at the blatantly buddying from hoopla. I'm floored that NS seems fine with this.
Hiraki entrance into the game reads pretty bland. Lots of questions with nothing really added to the game. scratch that I like his vote on NS.
@GG Wwwwwhhhhattttttt?? when did you become a sheep?
In post 93, notscience wrote:I just don’t get where he got it from in the first place is all. You can read what I said up to that point- all I had said regarding it is I didn’t understand why he full claimed and not crumbed- bc I took it seriously because I wasn’t fully awake yet

It looked like a buzzworded contrived made up read (and yes I get how early it is and how we have nothing to go off of) that didn’t accurately reflect the game state and just seemed like someone making shit up to fake scumhubt.

And we talked after that and as I said I’m fine waiting for you to pick your moments thE trying to get transparency was my original intent with asking that question.

Pedit- works for me
This should have more votes on it.

@CDdude you are not a newb it happens a lot and it's called NAI

Stopped on page 6.
So far I have CD and NS scum read.

EBWOP: Hey my scum read is reading the player I replaced. I'm sure this will be entertaining.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”