Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Post by Inspector Godot »

geraintm wrote:if dark comes up innocent, then the choice then is do we lynch max who is either an unhelpful cop or scum, of course depending on if there is a night kill.
games with 2 cops suck by the way :-(
But if Max is an unhelpful cop he is confirmed town. As long as he keeps posting there is absolutely no way we should lynch him.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:09 pm

Post by geraintm »

how do you distinguish between an unhelpful cop and unhelpful scum?
realise i amguilty of planning lynches. naughty geraint
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:24 am

Post by Dark wingstalker »

We could always no lynch?

I hate no lynch's as a rule, But in this scenario 3 things can happen:

A) We lynch me, Its a mislynch, Mafia Nightkill. We have Max's sanity, but are 2 town down, and max is not 100% confirmed.

B) We lynch me, I flip scum, Mafia nightkill, Max investigates himself, and gets his alignment [still needs to determine if he's paranoid or Insane remember] and he is relatively confirmed. Unless me and max are scum, and he's bussing me.

C) We No lynch, Mafia nightkill, Max investigates himself. Max finds out his exact sanity, and his alignment is proved [as he could prove me innocent]. We lose one town for the cost of max's 100% clearance and sanity, and we hope to high hell the doctor [if there is one] survives long enough for us to tie up this game.

D) We lynch another, Mafia nightkill, max investigates himself. Max gets his sanity and his alignment, but we are two townies down [Unless we lynch a mafia of course, But i dont fancy our chances].

Theres a forth solution, In that, Max is scum, and could simply declare himself paranoid, Getting a free mislynch, and not having to defend himself at any point, but his unvote on me, and general demeanour leads me to believe this isnt the case.

Now, the choice is up to you, But I dont much want to die, so i'm gonna take what for me, appears to be the best solution to this, and
vote: No Lynch
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:31 am

Post by Litral »

Didn't notice we had four votes on DWS already...

I just realized that we probably shouldn't be directing max's investigation. Scum could have some sort of power that messes with investigations (e.g. framing max to make him look guilty even though he is real cop) or something that kills whomever is being targeted, etc. If max investigates someone else and also gets a guilty, we could have a pair of guilties or a pair of innocents; if it's an innocent, we can start deciding who to lynch among those two. Assuming DWS isn't lynched today.
Inspector Godot wrote:But if Max is an unhelpful cop he is confirmed town. As long as he keeps posting there is absolutely no way we should lynch him.
How do you know max is confirmed town?
Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:31 am

Post by Litral »

I disagree with a no lynch. If we're not lynching DWS we should be scumhunting.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:48 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

maxwellhouse wrote:i don't really know. strangercoug, why are you FoS me for not voting and yet saying that i should be worrying about my sanity?
I did not FoS you for not voting while saying you should worry about sanity. I FoS'd you for worrying about sanity and therefore not voting.

If you do not want to kill Dark wingstalker, then who else do you suspect at this moment and why?
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
Wumbo
Wumbo
Goon
Wumbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Wumbo »

I think there is a serious problem with investigating yourself.

Why do we trust someone to "investigate themselves" and bring back a true report? It just doesn't make sense for us to keep the ball in max's court. Telling him to investigate himself gives him too much power to do what he wishes, even if he is town. I don't know, there could be sanity issues, but he could be lying. So even if he posts a guilty report on himself, it doesn't mean he's insane/paranoid.

DWS has 4 votes so let's talk this out some more. DWS, you're on the chopping block mate.
"C'mon, ninja kick the damn rabbit!."
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Battousai »

If DWS gets guilty, then he's paranoid or scum. Either way DWS would be town (unless Max is bussing his partner). Then the next night we get another result and another result and another result until he says innocent. Then that will prove his alignment as scum or cop. Plus we will have x amount of results if he is the cop. If he doesn't get an innocent result in before lylo, we will eventually have to lynch him.

If we lynch DWS, there is a 66% of it being a mislynch (max could be sane cop, paranoid, or scum). I think we should at least pressure other players or this day will be wasted on whether or not max is a cop or not. Pressure has not been put on the people from D1, others thought were a little scummy. Remember your lists???

Vote: Inspector Godot
. You seem to be banking on max being cop. Is it because your scum and know he's not or are you trying to protect your partner?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:54 am

Post by Cass »

I still think lynching DWS is the best option. Many of us thought he was scummy day 1. A claimed cop reports a guilty on him. I don't see any better evidence on anyone else.

Tonight, Max checks anyone he chooses, he certainly doesn't announce who. He tells us, first thing tomorrow, and hopes there's other town power roles who can help confirm him at some point. We decide on the next step tomorrow, based on what DWS flipped and Max'result. No need for lining up lynches today
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:40 am

Litral wrote:
Inspector Godot wrote:But if Max is an unhelpful cop he is confirmed town. As long as he keeps posting there is absolutely no way we should lynch him.
I don't, I'm working off the dangerous assumption that he is. I understand that it is a bit stupid, but max has given me a pretty pro-town vibe so far.
Battousai wrote:
. You seem to be banking on max being cop. Is it because your scum and know he's not or are you trying to protect your partner?
Hey, I'm just an optimist. Like I said, it's probably a stupid attitude to have but I'd really like to think that we still have a cop.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:45 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Inspector Godot wrote:
Litral wrote:
I don't, I'm working off the dangerous assumption that he is. I understand that it is a bit stupid, but max has given me a pretty pro-town vibe so far.
Why do you say assuming maxwellhouse is really the second cop is dangerous?

FoS: Inspector Godot

Inspector Godot
Inspector Godot
Goon
Inspector Godot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:53 am

StrangerCoug wrote: Why do you say assuming maxwellhouse is really the second cop is dangerous?

FoS: Inspector Godot
Because it is. He could easily be scum who saw a chance to get rid of the cop and get himself in as town cop. I'm just not getting that vibe from his posts though.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:54 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

OK, I buy that.

Un-FoS: Inspector Godot

Litral
Litral
Goon
Litral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by Litral »

Wumbo wrote:I think there is a serious problem with investigating yourself.

Why do we trust someone to "investigate themselves" and bring back a true report? It just doesn't make sense for us to keep the ball in max's court. Telling him to investigate himself gives him too much power to do what he wishes, even if he is town. I don't know, there could be sanity issues, but he could be lying. So even if he posts a guilty report on himself, it doesn't mean he's insane/paranoid.

DWS has 4 votes so let's talk this out some more. DWS, you're on the chopping block mate.
Good post here. Another concern about "investigating oneself". He's already suspected, he'll definitely give us some sort of pleasing investigation if he is scum. All sorts of things can screw us up if we try to outguess the mod. Let's just have max investigate whomever he wants to. This will also free up DWS for a lynch.
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by geraintm »

Battousai wrote:
If we lynch DWS, there is a 66% of it being a mislynch (max could be sane cop, paranoid, or scum). I think we should at least pressure other players or this day will be wasted on whether or not max is a cop or not. Pressure has not been put on the people from D1, others thought were a little scummy. Remember your lists???
just a quick post, but had to post to strongly disagree with your sums
there is not a 66% chance of a mislynch.
that is only the case if you think the three options of cop, paranoid cop or scum are equally likely.
bad maths. bad bad maths
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:38 pm

Post by Cass »

Maxwell, any objections to my plan? Anyone else? (post 433)
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by geraintm »

Battousai wrote:If DWS gets guilty, then he's paranoid or scum.
do you mean maxwell?

Battousai wrote: If we lynch DWS, there is a 66% of it being a mislynch (max could be sane cop, paranoid, or scum). I think we should at least pressure other players or this day will be wasted on whether or not max is a cop or not. Pressure has not been put on the people from D1, others thought were a little scummy. Remember your lists???

as i said before, i disagree with your thinking that there is a 66% chance of a mislynch by going after dark
you are making the assumption that max is equally likely to be sane cop, paranoid cop or scum.
i don't agree with that at all, and i think you have done some seriously misleading maths there

and i dont get you going after Godot?
you seem to be voting for him because either max is a cop and therefore godot is scum buddying up the the cop
or because max is scum and godot is buddying up to his partner
godot looks kinda scummy there whichever way max flips.

all in all, your bad maths and your non-dilemma with godot to me makes you look very very bad

Cass wrote:I still think lynching DWS is the best option. Many of us thought he was scummy day 1. A claimed cop reports a guilty on him. I don't see any better evidence on anyone else.
agree with this. a cop getting guilty verdic is a very strong message to go luynch someone

am agreeing with the idea that max shouldnt invetigate himself.
we want more info on more people, self investigation just allows for more info on one person, we can hopefully work out more about max from dark flipping, and getting a guilty/not-guilty on anotehr member of the town from the cop, whatver his eventual alignment, is better than max giving us a result on himself
maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse
Goon
maxwellhouse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:28 am

Post by maxwellhouse »

the only thing about my investigations is that i'm afraid that i am insane. i didn't know that there was insane cop on here until strangercoug said so =x if i'm insane, then my reports are useless.

but i guess we have to try it out. we have a mislynch right? sorry for flipflopping all over the place.

vote: DWS

and yeah, i'm just not going to say who i investigate. you guys can all wonder by your own little selves.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:33 am

Post by Cass »

If you are insane and we know it, you're anything but useless. If you're paranoid, you
are
useless.

K, I think Dark is at L-1... could someone hammer please?
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Battousai »

UNVOTE, VOTE: DWS
, sry, but max has decided to not investigate himself.

The 66% is a statistic based on fact, since you obviously can't put in an accurate statistic that includes scummy play and likelyhood.
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:00 am

You know, It really was an honest mistake on day 1 ;)

Good luck guys.
Battousai
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Battousai
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Battousai »

Hypatia wrote:I really apologize people, I spilled one too many cups of tea on my laptop and the keyboard fried, but I'm going to get a keyboard converter.
Found this in his other games. I'm going to see if he had a backup mod or not to temporary take over.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:34 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Battousai wrote:
Hypatia wrote:I really apologize people, I spilled one too many cups of tea on my laptop and the keyboard fried, but I'm going to get a keyboard converter.
Found this in his other games. I'm going to see if he had a backup mod or not to temporary take over.
The mod is female, but yes, I was wondering where she's been.

Hypatia
Hypatia
Goon
Hypatia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Hypatia »

My apologies. I expected that I would do a votecount for this game at work and then was unable to. I now have my laptop rigged up with a new keyboard.

And that's a lynch.

After several people calling loudly for Darkwingstalker's blood, someone finally pulls the lever and he dies. From his pocket drops his calling card - "Dark Wingstalker, Mafia Godfather".

PLAYERS:

1. Cass
Tom

2. Wumbo
3. imaginality - Townie

4. Inspector Godot
5. chenhsi - Town Cop

6. Dark wingstalker - Mafia Godfather

7. nhat
8. maxwellhouse
9. StrangerCoug
10. Battousai
Kenfucius

11. geraintm
12. Litral

It is now Night 2. Night communication is in effect. Night will end on Tuesday August 5 at 8 PM Eastern Standard time. Send in your night actions.
Dark wingstalker
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Dark wingstalker
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:37 am

*shakes fist*

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”