springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 1881, Pink Ball wrote:I just read what I posted in that game before I said that in the scum thread and I did no ad hominems at all. I said you were town and that people pushing you was related to your personality instead of real scum hunting.

spring if you want me to be scum, you do you, but don't lie.
Lol.

You were scum when you made that "people scumreading me is related to my personality" statement.
That is ad hom in itself, because as scum, you suggested to town that there was something wrong with my personality to explain the fact that people were scumreading me.

> I antagonize plenty of people when I'm town in game. It's an artefact of scumhunting, because many players are on survival mode when they are town. Or take criticisms of reasoning personally.
> The next level is faking the anger and defensiveness when someone call a statement of theirs bad, to make oneself seems genuine, as scum. Because people who tend to read
any
emotional feedback as genuine and associate that with being town.

That is why I asked the questions I asked, out of Starbuck.
She's been around, and she knows the drill.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by farside22 »

I have a co-worker who has that comic on his computer.
Very funny.
midwaybear wrote:what happened in the PT? Can someone give an unfiltered unbiased summary?
I've heard stuff about Raya hammering unwnd, and now stuff about spring.
Long story, short.
Discussed options for chain leader other then BB. Lots of words between spring/SB. I add my flippant remarked. I was asked why I voted unwnd by Spring who seemed bent on making me switch.
Raya looked like she wanted to voted Beeboy, but hammer voted unwnd instead. Dunn asked a few follow up questions but I don't know if he got anything from the discussion.

The end.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1899, Starbuck wrote:even saying that you're a manipulative scum player and that your USER NAME is even manipulative because she thinks you chose your user name to influence the games you are in.
is this legit?!
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by Raya36 »

In post 1902, midwaybear wrote:
In post 1899, Starbuck wrote:even saying that you're a manipulative scum player and that your USER NAME is even manipulative because she thinks you chose your user name to influence the games you are in.
is this legit?!
Yes
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 1888, Starbuck wrote:I don't like your rudeness. Hence, why I haven't been responding to you.
The above is the definition of ad hominem.
Starbuck can't be that unaware.
She is just throwing bullshit around and seeing whether it sticks.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:25 pm

Post by Raya36 »

To be clear he did say it wasn't AI but he was arguing that PB's name is manipulative and that it tells a lot about the person behind the keyboard
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by midwaybear »

how is "pink ball" manipulative?
because it has postive associations?
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Raya36 »

I think so
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 1902, midwaybear wrote:
is this legit?!
This framing is scummy.

I said that I thought PB was a manipulative player, to which farside agreed.
I said that I even thought PB's potentially choose an username to influence reads outcome.

I asked PB about it.
PB can confirm or deny.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by unwnd »

I've read into some of the things being said and I agree with the initiative of them but am feeling a bit selfish. First and foremost, I think the beeboy+me combo quiz is fine, but another thing I saw talked about was rerunning the same team? I think this is something that should be considered farther down the line instead of now. For example, if Starbuck+Raya+Farside happen to all be alive I would be interested in seeing that team going again. I'm not sure when the numbers thin out for quizzes but it is inevitable.

It's not that I'm against listening to people's suggestions or that I'll be doing my own thing, it's just that I might be exercising a bit more caution then I need to. Where I am right now is that I want fresh faces, and I may do something in the next post that may shock some people.

An open question: If spring is scum do you think she tries to sneak a scum member in unnoticed? I've touched on this topic but I'm not getting many hits. Probably twice now?
Stop
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by Raya36 »

Spring, can you give a readslist?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by springlullaby »

^And I said that to expose my evaluation of potential scum play.

> If a player is manipulative: I expect more manipulation.
>If a player is not manipulative: I expect less manipulation.
> Evaluating the kind of player behind the keyboard is part of my scum-hunting.

The way Starbuck is framing this is totally scummy.
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by midwaybear »

In post 1909, unwnd wrote:I'm not sure when the numbers thin out for quizzes but it is inevitable.
wait, so it's still a 5 person quiz team tonight?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1909, unwnd wrote:An open question: If spring is scum do you think she tries to sneak a scum member in unnoticed? I've touched on this topic but I'm not getting many hits. Probably twice now?
I might have missed it. I apologize. It wouldn't surprise me, but as of right now, I'm really feeling scum on anyone in our group but her. However, the one redeeming thing is that there wasn't a kill last night. I'm willing to admit that I could be wrong on spring, but she's not making it easy.

Also, at the end of the day, unwnd, I wanted to give you chainleader so you would do what you want with it. Consider everyone's points, but do what you want and what you feel is best. If that means you recycle some from our group, cool. If not, no worries. We'll learn something either way.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by unwnd »

VOTE: Quiz Team Of: unwnd, TrueSoulEnergy, NDMath, Pink Ball

My reasoning is as follows: In conjunction with the plan that was described earlier, I want to use this quiz as a process of elimination. NDMath is a player who I've remained unsure of. TrueSoulEnergy has been jumping up and downa bout NDMath being basically confirmed town. That relationship to me is interesting in light of NDMath perpetually ignoring this. I want to see how they would act in an environment (or potentially) that they have to work together. I also wonder if locking NDMath into a room will get him to open up a bit more. I also think that this team is controversial. Good. If scum is just following town's directions all they have to do is nod their head and agree. I don't agree with The Plan because yesterday we followed a plan and it fell flat on our faces. I hope this plan frustrates or excites you, because I will be looking into each individual reaction.
Stop
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 1906, midwaybear wrote:how is "pink ball" manipulative?
because it has postive associations?
Yes, look at my avatar for more than 10 seconds (it's an avatar I made for this site at the beginning of my maf play).
Plus, there are many many alt accounts on this site for the express purpose avoiding meta, or impersonation, for the express purpose of a more favorable outcome.

> How avatar and username being potentially manipulative is being treated as a polemic subject is beyond me.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by unwnd »

Now that I've proposed a team, I want everyone to tell me who I should proxy my vote on tonight.
Stop
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:38 pm

Post by midwaybear »

YOURE A BALLER
thank you
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by midwaybear »

oh wait i thought you put me
:(
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:39 pm

Post by springlullaby »

In post 1914, unwnd wrote:VOTE: Quiz Team Of: unwnd, TrueSoulEnergy, NDMath, Pink Ball

My reasoning is as follows: In conjunction with the plan that was described earlier, I want to use this quiz as a process of elimination. NDMath is a player who I've remained unsure of. TrueSoulEnergy has been jumping up and downa bout NDMath being basically confirmed town. That relationship to me is interesting in light of NDMath perpetually ignoring this. I want to see how they would act in an environment (or potentially) that they have to work together. I also wonder if locking NDMath into a room will get him to open up a bit more. I also think that this team is controversial. Good. If scum is just following town's directions all they have to do is nod their head and agree. I don't agree with The Plan because yesterday we followed a plan and it fell flat on our faces. I hope this plan frustrates or excites you, because I will be looking into each individual reaction.
Why did you not put beeboy in there?
springlullaby
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
springlullaby
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:40 pm

Post by springlullaby »

Also, what plan did anyone follow yesterday?
midwaybear
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
midwaybear
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by midwaybear »

why did you choose pink ball?
He's a solid consensus TR.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1914, unwnd wrote:VOTE: Quiz Team Of: unwnd, TrueSoulEnergy, NDMath, Pink Ball

In post 1919, springlullaby wrote:

Why did you not put beeboy in there?
I dig it, Unwnd. Thank you for leaving off ABR's slot.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I hit quote on the wrong thing again, sorry.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by Raya36 »

The only one I'm not happy with is NDMath but I can get behind trying to get him to speak more with this method.
Explain how this team will help with PoE

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”