Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:11 am

Post by osuka »

it's hard to speak for myself but I don't really think about my tone ever, regardless of my alignment. I've actually kind of conditioned myself to "forget" my alignment when I play scum so that really, i'm not usually thinking about my role

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:22 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 269, SirCakez wrote:Why are you so desperate to defend BR, hmm?
This kinda triggers me, NGL. I’m making points about your behaviour towards this person. Why should it matter who he is? I’d tell you your push was weird if you had made the same points against Santa Claus. It’s scummy from you how your instant reaction to my criticism is claiming i am "desperately" defending BR by questioning you.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:31 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 269, SirCakez wrote:What are you trying to get at here? I can call stuff out and not feel super confident about it. It's ridiculous that you're trying to paint me as scummy for not having a 100% SUPER LOCK SURE SCUMREAD on someone this early in the game.
The proposal that your read wasn’t actually that strong is something you slapped on later as an explanation. It was not clear at all from your initial posts, which makes me wonder if you felt the need to explicitly state that your read was never serious when your vote on the wagon was put under scrutiny.
The strength of your read alone was not the issue i was getting at here.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:35 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

And it’s also a bit of an dissonance to talk about how you don’t really scumread BR that strongly, yet instantly shade me as if i’m desperately defending a scum partner from your attacks when in reality my points have little to do with that slot and more about your interaction with the slot.

- Bunno
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:58 am

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 274, osuka wrote:
In post 271, fwogcarf wrote:
In post 258, osuka wrote:
In post 254, fwogcarf wrote:Osuka's tone is horrible and a good reason to scumread for. He taunts Bob for half the time while also giving out points that i can somewhat agree with. But like I said before, his attitude of "I'm better than you, so agree with my points" is worse than Bob's own anger imo.
Why is my tone a good reason to scumread me? You really should know that 1. I’m not being nearly as big an ass as I can be, and most importantly 2. I can be an ass regardless of alignment.

I’m actually a little surprised that I come across as “I’m better than you and you should agree with me”, because that’s not typically my mindset when I play. I just don’t like to mince words and I get annoyed fairly easily

That all being said, though, I probably am better than many and you should agree with me.
I'm better at making tonal reads than making reads based on points made, unless that person who's making those points has been mechanically locked scum
is this really all that accurate though? Most people i've played with don't really change tone very frequently based on alignment, but they
do
change thought process and game behavior
Most of the time yes, but there are people out there who are really good at sounding the same from both alignments and it makes my job a lot harder. There will be the wolves who try to win the game, and the wolves who expect to get carried.
Fenraiser
Fenraiser
Goon
Fenraiser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:07 am

Post by Fenraiser »

I'm rereading maybe Nahdia is scum.
I hate Fen for making this role
- Anonymous Person
Fenraiser
Fenraiser
Goon
Fenraiser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:10 am

Post by Fenraiser »

@Drew
Then why did you contribute to it?

You're effectively rewriting how something is to be read, and I don't believe that comes from a town place.
Could you walk me through this because I'm confused tbh. I don't get it.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding Lucky:

Lucky's attitude in post 199 resonates with me. Townhunting is also a valid way to scumhunt lol. But the explanation is so......long and could have been more concise imo. Emotion seems genuine here especially regarding Titus and he seems earnest because he's overdefending himself but he may be
too earnest
so I don't want to townread him so easily. Haven't seen the townhunting yet so not a good
luck
look overall.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Drew

Spoiler:
In post 221, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I've basically skimmed most of the game and it was hard for me to pick up anything. Guess it's all the new dudes i haven't played with, a lot of their words just sound like noise.

I noticed some people scumreading Black Ranger, why?
As for wagon on
Fenraiser
fwog. Most questionable thing i can find is his post . What do you mean? Who is the scum doing a "theater"?

Fixed that for you.
- Anonymous Person
Fenraiser
Fenraiser
Goon
Fenraiser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Fenraiser »

In post 98, fwogcarf wrote:Does scum theater this early
In post 99, Nahdia wrote:why, are you scumreading them both?
This pop-in seems scummy because Nahdia doesn't address Bob/Osuka much but takes this opportunity to pressure Fwog.

Nahdia's pretty carefree especially regarding Bob/Osuka too and it shows in their previous posts:
In post 82, Nahdia wrote:fascinating stuff
In post 84, Nahdia wrote:yup
In post 91, Nahdia wrote:im just enjoying the view, friend bob.
So I while I believe Nahdia could have glazed over Bob/Osuka I think they should have been able to form an opinion regarding Bob/Osuka tbh at that time at least. Just weird how Fwog became the focus instead of one of those two even considering that Nahdia might have glazed over the argument. Nahdia seemed like a wolf pouncing on prey that dared to wander out into the chaos of Bob/Osuka.

On another note:
Spoiler:
In post 51, Nahdia wrote:More votes on osuka, please and thank you friends.

Also dang mod, that 4xBump Combo. Never in all my years have I seen such a daring maneuver.
This irks me because it has never been explained and I can't see a thought process.
- Anonymous Person
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:54 am

Post by Umlaut »

Scattered comments again
In post 267, NorwegianboyEE wrote:A weak read is something you’d pounce at with the strenght of an trained attack dog? A weak read is something you’d use such language as: "scummy ass reaction" from BR to justify?
How does that fit into your explanation for your behaviour?
This is a huge reach.
In post 281, Fenraiser wrote:
Regarding Lucky:

Lucky's attitude in post 199 resonates with me. Townhunting is also a valid way to scumhunt lol. But the explanation is so......long and could have been more concise imo. Emotion seems genuine here especially regarding Titus and he seems earnest because he's overdefending himself but he may be
too earnest
so I don't want to townread him so easily. Haven't seen the townhunting yet so not a good
luck
look overall.
Good post.
In post 282, Fenraiser wrote:
In post 98, fwogcarf wrote:Does scum theater this early
In post 99, Nahdia wrote:why, are you scumreading them both?
This pop-in seems scummy because Nahdia doesn't address Bob/Osuka much but takes this opportunity to pressure Fwog.

Nahdia's pretty carefree especially regarding Bob/Osuka too and it shows in their previous posts:
In post 82, Nahdia wrote:fascinating stuff
In post 84, Nahdia wrote:yup
In post 91, Nahdia wrote:im just enjoying the view, friend bob.
So I while I believe Nahdia could have glazed over Bob/Osuka I think they should have been able to form an opinion regarding Bob/Osuka tbh at that time at least. Just weird how Fwog became the focus instead of one of those two even considering that Nahdia might have glazed over the argument. Nahdia seemed like a wolf pouncing on prey that dared to wander out into the chaos of Bob/Osuka.

On another note:
Spoiler:
In post 51, Nahdia wrote:More votes on osuka, please and thank you friends.

Also dang mod, that 4xBump Combo. Never in all my years have I seen such a daring maneuver.
This irks me because it has never been explained and I can't see a thought process.
Also a good post, but I don't really agree with it. I think grabbing onto something and trying to see where it goes is a reasonable way to try and get into a game where you're kind of feeling disengaged from the main event and that's what I see there from Nahdia.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

VOTE: Nahdia
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 283, Umlaut wrote:This is a huge reach.
Why is it so?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:14 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I don't think a Nahdia wagon would be bad, but i'd like to settle some scores first.

- Bunno
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 262, bob3141 wrote:@drew na what i meant was that it was intended to try and sort lucky.
Ok. Thank you for clearing that up.
In post 281, Fenraiser wrote:
@Drew
Then why did you contribute to it?

You're effectively rewriting how something is to be read, and I don't believe that comes from a town place.
Could you walk me through this because I'm confused tbh. I don't get it.
Regarding Lucky:

too earnest
luck
look overall.
@Drew

Spoiler:
In post 221, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I've basically skimmed most of the game and it was hard for me to pick up anything. Guess it's all the new dudes i haven't played with, a lot of their words just sound like noise.

I noticed some people scumreading Black Ranger, why?
As for wagon on
Fenraiser
fwog. Most questionable thing i can find is his post . What do you mean? Who is the scum doing a "theater"?

Fixed that for you.
Re your request for a walk through.

Person A proposes we do something.
Person B engages with it.
Person C identifies what was being done was stupid and not meritorious for town.
Person B agrees with Person C, and suggests what Person A was doing was problematic.
Person D asks why they engaged with it, if that's how they felt.
Person B redefines how something should be interpreted, rather than allowing how it played out in the game to be the way it should be interprted.

That is rewriting how something should be interpreted. Which, IMHO, is not townbased behaviour.

Also,t he @Drew spoiler thing - what did you mean by that?

Re Lucky, I'm not debating whether town hunting is as valid as scum hunting. I'm arguing their desire to explain themselves seemed very anxious, which made me consider it unusual.
Fenraiser
Fenraiser
Goon
Fenraiser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Fenraiser »

I uh mixed up drew and nor when @ing in the last section of 281. Oh my god lol. Drew just used my name when he was actually talking about fwog. Not relevant really but just a point I wanted to make.

@Drew

How do you think the lucky story should be interpreted.
- Anonymous Person
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 288, Fenraiser wrote:I uh mixed up drew and nor when @ing in the last section of 281. Oh my god lol. Drew just used my name when he was actually talking about fwog. Not relevant really but just a point I wanted to make.

@Drew

How do you think the lucky story should be interpreted.
I talked about fwog? Confused.

Interpretation should be same as RVS. Shitkicking at game start. Which is why Umluat's desire to distance themselves triggered me as a scum being nervous on something they've engaged with and wanting to push it away.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by SirCakez »

In post 270, Titus wrote:
In post 269, SirCakez wrote:Why are you so desperate to defend BR, hmm?
This sounds fake.
I'm just frustrated with Norwegian. I don't even want to keep responding to his posts because it feels like he's gonna find any way he can to mold it to his side.

Also now that Zoey's Mafia is over I can say that Fen seems like his town play from that game. I misread him there so hopefully I won't repeat that here.
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Umlaut »

In post 285, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 283, Umlaut wrote:This is a huge reach.
Why is it so?
Because what SirCakez said was just this:
In post 65, SirCakez wrote:scummy ass reaction
I agree Black Ranger's earlier posts on pg 2 were bad too
That's not "pouncing with the strength of a trained attack dog," that's just saying something looks scummy. I don't think it really looked scummy but that's beside the point here, you are trying to act like Cakez said "BLACK RANGER IS CONFIRMED SCUM LYNCH NOW" when that's not anything like what he said, and your followup conflating a
serious
read with a
strong
one and saying someone can't say "that's scummy" on page freaking three is complete nonsense that I have trouble imagining you could really believe. At the most charitable reading you are jumping down his throat for not explicitly saying "this looks scummy
but I could be wrong
" which is more tone policing than it is gamesolving.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

Fenraiser is a slot I really like I think his analyses were really good even if im not sure of my stance on them.

Fwog has also been pretty towny imo and cakez's response to whatever he said is part of the reason im sheeping norwee here.
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:11 pm

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 256, Drew-Sta wrote:Listed and bolded what I wish to discuss:

a. I feel like you're stretching there. I agree it looked odd, but the intent seemed to be to get engagement with the game by making people post glib shit. I don't think you're misrepresenting of them but I don't agree with your assessment.
b. This pings me. Seems like you made a fuss, then got caught out, and back tracked in your behaviour.
If you're not going to ask me any questions then you're talking for an audience and should follow it up with a vote.
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:21 pm

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 292, ManateeDude wrote:Fenraiser is a slot I really like I think his analyses were really good even if im not sure of my stance on them.

Fwog has also been pretty towny imo and cakez's response to whatever he said is part of the reason im sheeping norwee here.
Fen's a much worse slot than Fwog imo. I'm not at town on fwog but I want to know what's going on in his head from posts -.

VOTE: Fenraiser
ManateeDude
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
ManateeDude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:23 pm

Post by ManateeDude »

In post 294, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 292, ManateeDude wrote:Fenraiser is a slot I really like I think his analyses were really good even if im not sure of my stance on them.

Fen's a much worse slot than Fwog imo. I'm not at town on fwog but I want to know what's going on in his head from posts -.

interesting.. anything in particular pinging you from fen
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 224, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: SirCakez Dislike some of your posts.
I'm trending town on Cakez. I had the
impression
that he was leaning into a scumread on me. Word choice here matters, because his initial vote was weak but added reasons on later to stay there. It read more like kayfabe performed to see what happened.

Let's get Fen who is a sideshow bickering heel.
Black Ranger
Black Ranger
Goon
Black Ranger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 7:33 pm

Post by Black Ranger »

In post 295, ManateeDude wrote:
In post 294, Black Ranger wrote:

interesting.. anything in particular pinging you from fen
There's
maybe
one thing that puts him at town and the rest of his content is hilariously scummy. I don't like how he's performing preflip and saying it's a "tinfoil" read when people defending me aren't being coy at all about their position.

The way he was encouraging Luciano to townhunt as a form of scumhunting (so PoE) is hilariously bad because this style of play is seldom used because you have to be IN the game to get every townie marked on the board. If you misuse townhunting you write off scum as town and you've consumed poison. Use both if you want, but grosses me out.
Fenraiser
Fenraiser
Goon
Fenraiser
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:17 pm

Post by Fenraiser »

I'm saying that people are defending you Black Ranger for a weak reason being your aggressiveness being town-indicative when I think it could just be a personal playstyle or personality thing and therefore NAI.

Lucky's long post explains his playstyle of making townblocks and POEing scum which I really like and he even detailed how townhunting/blocking helped him reflect on his confirmation bias and lynch scum. The only problem I saw earlier is that I'm not seeing him making townblocks rn. Concluding this, my post on lucky wasn't on his process of townhunting but his lack of it.

@BR

Going off from this, what do you think of Lucky's recent response?
- Anonymous Person
Drew-Sta
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Drew-Sta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by Drew-Sta »

In post 293, Black Ranger wrote:
In post 256, Drew-Sta wrote:Listed and bolded what I wish to discuss:

a. I feel like you're stretching there. I agree it looked odd, but the intent seemed to be to get engagement with the game by making people post glib shit. I don't think you're misrepresenting of them but I don't agree with your assessment.
b. This pings me. Seems like you made a fuss, then got caught out, and back tracked in your behaviour.
If you're not going to ask me any questions then you're talking for an audience and should follow it up with a vote.
I only have one vote. It’s on someone I believe is scum. So sue me that I can’t vote twice.

Secondly, the aggressive ‘fuck off arsehole’ vibe I’m getting from you amuses me.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”