Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:46 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Big Post coming, trying to avoid penalties. Waiting for substance.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:46 am

Post by farside22 »

For example Elvis knows about PF's role, but in the beggining of the game says this about imaginality.
AH, now I get it. Everyone is Bruce. Imaginality = Bruce.

I don't understand the posting restriction... do you just have to mention Bruce in every post?

unvote Bruce; vote imaginality

(My prom date's name was Bruce. For reals.)

This just stands out because of what happened last night.
I think luigi should die. In a game where you are confused, why would you ADD to the confusion by typing backwards?
There are a few post here and there were EK calls a few people out, but I don't really see her pushing anyone really. Here is one post that just rubbed me wrong.
About DBE, I think she is the lynch for today, because I can't see their being two french taunters. Even if there were two french taunters I can't believe they would have different PR's and roles. I would think they would have the same role if they have the same character. I can't see a way for them both to be telling the truth.

I'm not sure of the VC, so I won't vote yet. Are we close to lynch? Are people willing to end the day?
By the way looking at her post I realized she never voted for DBE either.

Like I said it is those little things that just make me feel something isn't quiet right.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by Mirth »

I don't see Elvis as scummy, and especially not about the Bruce thing. It was pretty obvious what was going on there. Nor do I think not voting for Darla is a scumtell, but I might be biased here, since I wasn't voting for Darla myself.

As for who is scummy, Chenshi and Ironman for the same reasons that I said they were both scummy yesterday.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Know what I think is fun? Not getting answers to the questions because both parties are refusing to participate at all. I would really like to know from K7, again, if he knows for sure he hit PF (that makes the most sense, but you never know in this game). Seriously tired of lurkers.

Hopefully LG can hit his big post too. :P This game is dead lately.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:39 pm

Post by killa seven »

my role name is patsy

i use a coconut to transport people over large distances.
i choose one player each night to track another.
i chose pokerface to track strappaddo
obviously my night choice worked, IM is lying, PF confirmed it worked.

vote iron man
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:20 am

Post by Mirth »

You choose one player to track another? ...that is really really weird. Video link?

unvote: chenhsi
vote: Iron Man

Iron Man, answer the questions you've yet to answer please? (including about your early wagon jumping which you still didnt get to even though I asked lots and lots of times)
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:29 am

Post by killa seven »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHFXG3r_0B8
Thats the video with my role pm.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:33 am

Post by strappado »

can't watch the video at work, but K7's info along with IM's lack of contribution to this game make me feel completely comfortable to
unvote
vote: Iron Man
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:43 am

Post by PokerFace »

Watch it fellas, that puts him at L-1. 7 votes, 8 to lynch

There are some reasonable explaination for IM's action not working.
Muerrto wrote:Nothing really new here. IM claims to have targetted K7, K7 claims to have targetted PF and claims it went through. So either IM is lying,
IM was bl
ocked, or K7 is lying.
that and the vague possibility that after target's were randomized, they still randomly selected the intended choices. Though I suppose that would be something completly the same and not different.

The truly scummy things about IM are said here and here.
The Internet wrote:
farside22 wrote:
The Internet wrote:I also think that i we have to lynch someone today, IM isthe best candidate, because of his suspicius role.
Why do you feel his role is suspicious now?
Beause his claimed ability is of very little use to the town (randomize the targt of town power role screws up plans, randomizing mafia targets could lead to hitting someone unprotected), and a good townplayer should know this, so why would they choose to use their ability if they were town? But this abilitycan sew chaos, maing it useful to the scum. So Iron Man, why did you target killa 7?
Mirth wrote:Iron Man, answer the questions you've yet to answer please? (including about your early wagon jumping which you still didnt get to even though I asked lots and lots of times)
His actions and motives behind that should be used to determine if he is scum. I am fine with giving him one more chance to say something.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:46 am

Post by Mirth »

He only has 6 votes now, actually. Farside unvoted him, and Strap didn't unvote before voting just now, so her vote might actually not count making it 5.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well then I clearly can't count and forgot people had to unvote.

Ebwop:Better quoting so I don't mislead
IM was blocked
I do trust K7 since I know what hit me was that so either IM lied or was blocked and I want his motives for jumping on the lynches day one and his motives on how to use his actions. I used those things to judge SpyreX and strappado so I think that should be used to judge ironman.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:23 am

Post by The Internet »

I would vote Iron Man, but I'd like the Mod to confirm vote counts to avoid an acidental hammer.
Iron Man
: I will give you one day to reply to this,or else I will vote you, even if it is a hammer (unless you are V/LA or post a reason you are lrking, but tat will only delay the deadline)
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:07 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside22 wrote:For example Elvis knows about PF's role, but in the beggining of the game says this about imaginality.

I don't understand the posting restriction... do you just have to mention Bruce in every post?

Why is this scummy considering I guessed PF's role? How are they connected?
farside22 wrote: This just stands out because of what happened last night.
I think luigi should die. In a game where you are confused, why would you ADD to the confusion by typing backwards?
Again... why is that scummy? Do you disagree with my reasoning or what?
farside22 wrote: There are a few post here and there were EK calls a few people out, but I don't really see her pushing anyone really. Here is one post that just rubbed me wrong.
About DBE, I think she is the lynch for today, because I can't see their being two french taunters. Even if there were two french taunters I can't believe they would have different PR's and roles. I would think they would have the same role if they have the same character. I can't see a way for them both to be telling the truth.

I'm not sure of the VC, so I won't vote yet. Are we close to lynch? Are people willing to end the day?
I never voted for DBE because it would have been the hammer and people were asking not to end the day yet. It's obvious from my above post that I was against DBE and would have voted her. It's just that K7 swooped in and voted her while we were still waiting on IM.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:09 am

Post by Azimuth »

Just chiming in to say that I was quite close to placing a vote on Iron Man too, mainly because his ability doesn't seem to be pro-town (but also for the other reasons -- lurking, possible contradiction, etc.). With the recent flurry of votes I will hold off for now to give him one last chance to respond, but even I will not wait an eternity.
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:47 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:
farside22 wrote:For example Elvis knows about PF's role, but in the beggining of the game says this about imaginality.

Why is this scummy considering I guessed PF's role? How are they connected?

I know you are a smart girl. The fact that you figured out one person's role, but didn't know another person's role leaves a big fat question mark for me
farside22 wrote: This just stands out because of what happened last night.
Again... why is that scummy? Do you disagree with my reasoning or what?
Like I said. It just stands out because luigi died, but really just a hmm moment and WIFOM isn't something I like to go by

farside22 wrote: There are a few post here and there were EK calls a few people out, but I don't really see her pushing anyone really. Here is one post that just rubbed me wrong.

I never voted for DBE because it would have been the hammer and people were asking not to end the day yet. It's obvious from my above post that I was against DBE and would have voted her. It's just that K7 swooped in and voted her while we were still waiting on IM.
The post is really wishy washy. I think DBE is the lynch for the day. Not really taking a stand either way on what to do. Like I said most of what I feel about this is gut.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:54 am

Post by elvis_knits »

farside, I don't know everything about monty python off the top of my head. I recognized pokerface because shafted had posted "my nipples explode with delight" in the period thread after I complained that my nipples hurt. He also posted the skit of the dirty hungarian and I watched. All of that was before this game even started. SO. That's why I recognized pokerface. I didn't know who Bruce was.

Even for someone who knows a lot about monty python, they're not necessarily going to recognize every character.

Also, I don't understand how "DBE is the lynch for today... I can't see how they are both telling the truth" is wishy-washy to you.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:58 am

Post by shaft.ed »

The man of iron continues to avoid your accusations. Perhaps slapping him with fish will get his attention?

Vote Count:

Iron Man
(6) killa seven, TheSweatpantsNinja, Lord Gurgi, Muerrto, Mirth, strappado

strappado
(2) JordanA24, elvis_knits

Not voting:
farside22, PokerFace, Iron Man, SpyreX , Azimuth, The Internet, chenhsi

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch or No Lynch

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

A couple of things I'll comment on while waiting for ironman.

I still don't know why Farside didn't get my analogies/brining up of hider and weak doc but I'm guessing thats because she has never been those because those roles typically die if they protect scum or hide behind them so I guess that truly closes that issue. Docs and cops also usually don't crumb there targets ahead of time so that no one can intervene with their more powerful skills getting there.

Pretaining to Elvis I don't really find her as scummy. I have only played one game with her and she was scum there while I was town. I thought she was town til the last day of the game in "Dynamite Stick" Mafia.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8119
Elvis scum not easily caught by my radar, BUT in "Dynamite stick" she would try to lurk off and avoid suspicion as aposed to actually defending herself.

I still think she is town in this game because of her general play and helpfulness. I don't read the period thread in GD anymore so I didn't know about a bunch of that stuff in there before I started playing this game. I had no idea info about me was there, but heack info about bruce was in worse roles ideas before this game. (I don't know if elvis has ever posted or read that thread off hand but I doubt it since I do read and post there often.)

The possibility Strappado, SpyreX, and K7 are all in cahoots with some bizarre let's trick poker with all our actions planning; is something i have thought and then imediatly dissmissed simply because that idea is too bizarre and complicated when there are simplier solutions to who is more likly scum and because their actions match some opinions that were all setup day one. Spending all that effort just to trick me would be stupid, bizarre in acordance with everything else, and highly unlikly since I don't have fame that would require such a plan to trick me. First time I played with strap and SpyreX. I think this is second or third time I have played with K7.

<<I remain waiting for ironman while I still wish this cigarette search of mine was less confusing. I am not willing to wait forever either. So voting him like internet and azimuth have mentioned, has crossed my mind.

Please Prod Ironman, shaft.ed

prod sent
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:43 am

Post by farside22 »

I don't believe I've seen weak doc or hider roles in any game I've been. I had BM claim he was a hider and was very blunt about his actions (game still in progress). Usually when people talk about breadcrumb they talk doc and cops for that type of thing.
As for Elvis some of her actions remind me of YRWYE mini that shaft.ed was the mod. I called her a smart girl then too and just a feeling in the back of my neck.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:09 am

Post by The Internet »

With the mod confirming vote counts, I will
Vote: Iron Man

Everyone, be aware: Iron Man is at L-1. I urge you not to hammer without giving him time to reply
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:24 am

Post by strappado »

Everyone: Dont hold your breath :-P
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:26 am

Post by strappado »

BTW - 21 some odd posts from him in other games since his last post in our game just a couple days ago. He even /in'd for yet another game.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:27 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

strappado wrote:Everyone: Dont hold your breath
Heh, yeah.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:30 am

Post by strappado »

OH wait, no, I'm sorry.
Correction: He's actually /in'd for 2 more games since his last post in our game... my bad. Boy he's just a busy little beaver.

Also doing some Meta - he was scum in another game very recently and was a Mr. Lurkity Lurk there too...claimed he was the cop pretty early on in the game and went quiet.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Personally I'm done waiting for him, but since everyone is all for the waiting game I will wait till 4:00pm my time is PST and then vote. This is rediculous and this game deserves better then some lurkers.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”