Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Porochaz »

NO MORE TOSSING PLEASE!!! Throwing/batting/lobbing are all suitable alternatives.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Noone is keeping account of the votes
Why, Porochaz, how very kind of you to volunteer.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:52 pm

Post by armlx »

Its not even worth trying to reason with people here. Clearly less then half the game is trying to play mafia, and the rest are trying to play a Mish Mash game that amounts to nothing more than Russian Roulette.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

armlx wrote:Its not even worth trying to reason with people here. Clearly less then half the game is trying to play mafia, and the rest are trying to play a Mish Mash game that amounts to nothing more than Russian Roulette.
Clear evidence that this one does not know how to play a game of hot potato.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:41 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Clearly less then half the game is trying to play mafia, and the rest are trying to play a Mish Mash game that amounts to nothing more than Russian Roulette.
If you mean the people not voting, you have my full support. If you mean me and others who want to keep the potatoes athrowin', do you not realize that holding the potatoes is no less an act of Russian roulette?
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by armlx »

TSS, I definitely mean the former group.

That said, I doubt we are going to get to the point where we are organized and people listen to me anytime soon. BM is at least attempting to do something related to scum hunting, so that leaves me with 2 real choices: Riceball and kuribo. I'm leaning the later, as the former at least seems to be remotely just disinterested in the concept of the game being mafia.

Throw Potato at kuribo
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by q21 »

I have nothing wrong with people voting, I just don't believe its a particularly useful way to play the game. The only thing people can really be held accountable for and questioned on is their choices in throwing a potato. Also, the trail of potatoes gives a lot more information that vote patterns in this game ever could. Since the potatoes have become stationary the game has degenerated to name calling and jokes, with little in the way of scumhunting.

Statement of intent: Next time I get a potato it's going to RBT.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by armlx »

the trail of potatoes gives a lot more information that vote patterns in this game ever could.
I have come to realize this.
Luigi Gangsta
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Luigi Gangsta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by Luigi Gangsta »

q21 wrote:Also, the trail of potatoes gives a lot more information that vote patterns in this game ever could. Since the potatoes have become stationary the game has degenerated to name calling and jokes, with little in the way of scumhunting.
I endorse this product or service
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:05 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Porochaz wrote:
Riceballtail wrote:When did I say we shouldn't play mafia? I just said that I saw this as more like hot potato, like it says in the thread title. We can't lynch, so voting is inherently useless. The discussion that is going on is just getting people riled up.

I still think this game is being taken too seriously.
I agree voting is useless, however not for the reasons stated, I dont think. Time is of the essence. Noone is keeping account of the votes and as not everyone is talking/voting its not worth it.

Anyway I think the mod should know that BM is a high replacement risk due to the amount of knife crime in his area. Yeah ok, so Capital of Culture... however who says they arent reciting poetry when they kill you...

obv I have the right to slag BM off due to where Im situated in regards to him and that he should know its light hearted.
I don't have the faintest idea what you are talking about. 0.o

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:07 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote: That said, I doubt we are going to get to the point where we are organized and
people listen to me
anytime soon.
^.^
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:01 am

Post by kuribo »

Rally Vincent wrote:
kuribo wrote:
I didn't say that. What I did say is that we should be wary of any plan that involves tossing explosives to people hoping to blow those particular people up--- as I said before, we're also possibly throwing them a weapon.

Nevermind the fact that if you throw the potatoes to the scummiest candidate, what happens if they don't explode on him? Is he expected to keep them in his hands for all of eternity? Naturally, scum or town, he's not going to just hold them and say, "Well, guess it's my time!" He's gonna throw it at someone.
kuribo wrote:For example, I think we're on a good track keeping track of who throws what to who--- scum won't be likely to risk killing off their partners, for instance. Once we know more of the triggers, this may even get easier.
First you're telling us that we shouldn't throw the potatoes because they may not explode and it could mean handing scum over a weapon. It's just that there won't be a throwing pattern if nobody throws the potatoes. You're telling us that we need to make better plans, but that's about all. Again - what is a
better
plan then the things we had in mind until now? Besides townies holding on to the potatoes until one of them blows up?
I didn't say "lolololol don't throw anyone potatoes omg." So stop trying to reduce my argument to stupidity.

Perhaps if I scream my opinion at you in large, italicized caps, you'll get it:

THE ENTIRE TOWN CAN 'FAKEVOTE' A PERSON, AND THAT PERSON CAN STILL AVOID THEIR DEATH BY THROWING THEIR POTATOES AT SOMEONE ELSE.
This is not an attempt to crush some brilliant Breaking Strategy, this is FACT.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:04 am

Post by kuribo »

the silent speaker wrote:While I do not agree that people should withhold throwing potatoes until the fakevotes are in consensus, as this will only lead to people dying while we wait for the fakevotes, I do agree that people should be fakevoting freely, since that will provide recordation of who finds whom sucpicious.
No, it won't. People won't be lynched based on fakevotes as they would normal votes. People won't be bandwagoned based on fakevotes, since they HOLD NO BEARING. The ONLY thing recording the fakevotes will do is give the SCUM a handy-dandy little reference guide to let them know who their most vocal opponents would be. This is different from regular mafia because in a regular game, if enough people are voting for you, you die. However, every single scum and townie could all vote for the same person, and there is no guarantee that he'll die. Do you people even understand the words that are coming off of my fingers, or do you just assume that anyone that disagrees with you is "lolololol scummz0r?"

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:06 am

Post by kuribo »

Lob Sweet Potato at TSS
See how this works?

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:22 am

Post by Porochaz »

then he can throw it back if hes still alive, yay!
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:25 am

Post by kuribo »

Porochaz wrote:then he can throw it back if hes still alive, yay!
And this, as I've stated--- not fakevoting--- is the only way to figure out who's scum and who's not.

Reducing my argument from "Potato-throwing is 10 times more reliable than fakevoting as a means of tracking who's doing what" to "OMG STOP THR0WING P0TAT0Z U GUYZ" is stupid as hell, scummy as hell, and a clear strawman position.

Just because someone doesn't like a (pointless) strategy doesn't mean you're scum.

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:06 am

Post by Korts »

I see how your theory works in... well, in theory, kuribo, but look at the current situation, for instance.

Your prime suspect is TSS; TSS' prime suspect is you. We don't learn anything new from the to-and-fro lobbing of the potato, since both sides have stated reasons for throwing.
scumchat never die
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:11 am

Post by kuribo »

Korts wrote: Your prime suspect is TSS; TSS' prime suspect is you. We don't learn anything new from the to-and-fro lobbing of the potato, since both sides have stated reasons for throwing.

but that's exactly why we DO learn from the lobbing.

Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:15 am

Post by Korts »

kuribo wrote:
Korts wrote: Your prime suspect is TSS; TSS' prime suspect is you. We don't learn anything new from the to-and-fro lobbing of the potato, since both sides have stated reasons for throwing.

but that's exactly why we DO learn from the lobbing.
That you suspect each other?
scumchat never die
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:22 am

Post by kuribo »

I don't like how he came off with a post that amounted to "lol kuribo is scum" and from there tried to quantify it. It reeks of laziness and backward deduction.

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:47 am

Post by armlx »

I don't like how he came off with a post that amounted to "lol kuribo is scum" and from there tried to quantify it. It reeks of laziness and backward deduction.
What part of his case is invalid?
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:51 am

Post by kuribo »

The idea that just because someone opposes such a clearly flawed plan makes them scum.

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:54 am

Post by armlx »

The idea that just because someone opposes such a clearly flawed plan makes them scum.
The only thing I see you doing is sitting back naysaying all game. I see no attempts at any logical mafia playing. That is an issue given we have a 20 page game so far. You even go as far as to oppose any plan that might enforce logic upon the game. That is TSS's point.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:16 am

Post by kuribo »

armlx wrote:
The only thing I see you doing is sitting back naysaying all game. I see no attempts at any logical mafia playing. That is an issue given we have a 20 page game so far. You even go as far as to oppose any plan that might enforce logic upon the game. That is TSS's point.
And I disagree with his point.

I don't oppose ANY plan that might enforce logic upon the game, I oppose a STUPID plan that enforces a pointless strategy upon the game.

BIG difference.

I've already given my opinion on the best way to tell scum from mafia.

I'm going to give you and TSS a little hint: NOT EVERYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH YOU IS MAFIA. NOT EVERYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH YOUR STRATEGIES IS MAFIA.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:28 am

Post by kuribo »

Let me reiterate: I've never liked the idea that "I HAVE A PLAN AND YOU MUST FOLLOW OR YOU ARE SCUM." And even less when the plan is clearly flawed.

How do we know YOU'RE not scum, armlx?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”