Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Mirth »

strappado wrote:
Bored? Hate lying? I dunno. But I also know that Mirth is a renlentless role-fisher, she demands claims NOW LoL Everyone is saying "Why so many roleclaims" etc...well, because Mirth is a roleclaim bulldog, she'll get it out of you one way or another...and if you refuse, well clearly you're scum.
Only when people soft claim or half-claim for absolutely no apparent reason what so ever. If you've noticed I haven't been pressing anyone who hasn't done something like that for claims at all, because I'm generally against claiming. But I'm much more against soft claiming.
strap wrote:I think it's pretty obvious that I'd know it because of a night action... So as town, I'd probably drop it and leave it at that because it's not particularly scummy that someone knows a character in the game and pushing it would obviously push a role claim...right?
Or, you know, I was pushing it because you failed the initial test. You reacted badly to my first question, the "why ask?" and continued to react badly. But, for what it's worth, I believe your role. Don't know about your alignment, but I do believe your role.

PF: for the record, Strap has a point. The two of you say you have something on her but then decide to sweep it under the table. That's a bit suspicious.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:48 am

Post by PokerFace »

hmm... well yay you're right I did come off kinda extreme there I'm sorry. Also I kinda thought you could guess by now what I knew about you based on those post numbers (70, 72, 76 when you just view your posts). I guess you didn't get the hint. Did you look back at them and what K7 said in his first post today? Think about how that could apply to the possibility of SpyreX drawing or not drawing you. Thats why I kept things secret.

I apoligize if I insulted or offended you. The way I joke and act can come off rather abrasive so I'm sorry if I upset you. It was not my intention to make you mad. This is a game and we should have fun. I'm sorry if I went a bit overboard there.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay that was directed at strappado. I got simulposted with mirth. If you still can't get the hint after that then you'll just have to wait for K7 to say things. He knows more than me about it all and he'll most likly explain it assuming ironman can't explain why K7 reached his targets.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:16 am

Post by strappado »

I'm also a little hotheaded and something about this game irritates me, not sure what it is. I'm not quite so crabby in any of my other games.

@Mirth - You're right, but it could also be said that you haven't forced anyone to claim that hasn't given you any kind of opening. I get that you hate softclaims, but do they have to be turned into hardclaims every time?

I think you hate softclaims because scum could hint that they are something without commiting to it which might keep people from lynching them - is that correct or is there another reason I'm not seeing for why you hate softclaiming? Do you consider breadcrumbing softclaiming if not subtle enough? Are you against a cop or doc or other important powerrole breadcrumbing?
http://strappado.mybrute.com
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:22 am

Post by Mirth »

Strap, I'd really just rather there were no soft claims in the first place. And yes, that is one of the reasons why I *hate* soft claims. Aside from scum possibly soft claiming so that they can keep from getting lynched I also hate softclaims because they start the whole WIFOM thing of how important the powerrole might be, and everybody's mind going "click click click" (to quote Anastasia), and its just darned annoying. If a breadcrumb gets to the point of arousing suspicion or giving away too much information, then it pretty much becomes a soft claim. I'm not against breadcrumbing, but I'd prefer that it wasn't blatantly obvious breadcrumbing, but the sort that can be pointed back to later. Because if town can get the breadcrumbs before the claim itself, so can scum. As for cop and doctor, well, they're no different from any other powerrole, as far as I'm concerned.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:50 am

Post by SpyreX »

I dont like softclaiming either - I'm one of those where if someone softclaims, I want to know what they are so they are locked into something if they are scum and so I have a better idea of whats going on if I am town.

As for why Strap? Well, I thought some of the D1 play was off, so like you, I thought of a Luigi / Strap / DBE / others group. Not knowing others, I thought there was a decent chance Strap would have either been the one performing the kill OR a maf role that I'd rather have targeted on me.

However, watcher doesn't really strike me as scummy, so. :P
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by SpyreX »

So, K7 legitimately targetted you and it went through after Ironman's randomization?

K7, I dont care what happened at this point, but do you know you actually targeted PF or is it just assumed?
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Edit: I dont care exactly what your action is, but I just want to make sure you KNOW it's PF you actually got results on
Show

Proud member of BaM
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:41 am

Post by strappado »

So..we kind of reached an end of conversation. I can't pursue the K7 pokerface thing anymore...

so..uhm...what should we talk about now?
http://strappado.mybrute.com
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:56 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

I don't know, at some point, with all the claims and night actions thrown around, I got pretty lost. I still think Iron Man is the best lynch.
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:10 am

Post by The Internet »

I also think that i we have to lynch someone today, IM isthe best candidate, because of his suspicius role.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:12 am

Post by farside22 »

The Internet wrote:I also think that i we have to lynch someone today, IM isthe best candidate, because of his suspicius role.
Why do you feel his role is suspicious now?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:52 am

Post by Mirth »

The Internet wrote:I also think that i we have to lynch someone today, IM isthe best candidate, because of his suspicius role.
Do you have anything else you feel like contributing to the conversation?

Chenhsi, what do you think of all this?
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:00 am

Post by The Internet »

farside22 wrote:
Why do you feel his role is suspicious now?
Beause his claimed ability is of very little use to the town (randomize the targt of town power role screws up plans, randomizing mafia targets could lead to hitting someone unprotected), and a good townplayer should know this, so why would they choose to use their ability if they were town? But this abilitycan sew chaos, maing it useful to the scum. So Iron Man, why did you target killa 7?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:32 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

Iron Man's claim does not absolve him of his actions.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:06 am

Post by farside22 »

Didn't K7 say he target PF and it went through?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Albatross!

I meant yesterday, lurking, half claiming, not helping the town.

Albatross!
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:09 am

Post by strappado »

chenhsi and IM are probably two of the worst lurkers I've played with.
Even voting chenhsi doesn't result in much reaction or posting.

I looked at IM's posts in this game, saw that he said he was dealing with some Real Life stuff and was behind in some other games...I can understand that, so I almost gave him a free pass... but then I checked his profile.

Since the last time he posted in this game on the 28th, he's made
15 posts
on mafiascum.

In the 9 days he didn't post in this game (16th - 25th) he made
32 posts
, one of which was /in'ing for another game.

That doesn't really sound like someone who is busy with RL stuff, or swamped with other games.
If you really feel overwhelmed by games, you wouldn't /in for another...
but giving you the benefit of the doubt - if this really is to much for you, then I'd recommend asking for a replacement...

Otherwise, you look *really* scummy. I'm still comfortable with my vote on chenhsi for the same reason. I'm not voting purely for a "lurker lynch" - I think they are scared scum that dont know what to say and want to keep as quiet as possible to avoid drawing attention to themselves or screwing up.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:18 am

Post by chenhsi »

How does voting for someone cause reaction or posting? And how does that make me a bad lurker?
I lost the game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:20 am

Post by farside22 »

chenhsi wrote:How does voting for someone cause reaction or posting? And how does that make me a bad lurker?
Theory is that if the person is town and cared they would respond and help out. Also can be said for scum, either way it's getting someone to respond when all else fails and it looks like they are not helping the town.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:20 am

Post by SpyreX »

You're a bad lurker because LURKING IS BAD.

I'd still like K7 to chime in on if he KNOWS he targeted PF and got results on PF.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Mirth »

Chenhsi: who do you think is scum and why, top 3 suspects.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Muerrto »

Nothing really new here. IM claims to have targetted K7, K7 claims to have targetted PF and claims it went through. So either IM is lying, IM was blocked, or K7 is lying.

Still happy with my vote on IM as the most likely option of those three and his insane lurking but yet still participating in other games.

At least, according to others, Chenhsi and K7 are always like this :roll:

No clue about Internet.

I really hate lurkers and if you
always
lurk then change your playstyle...
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

@Gurgi,
You've made 55+ posts and only 3 times went beyond the 10 word restriction stuff you are allowed for each 13. You got more you want to say by any chance? You have managed to say alot with what you've done yet I'm still suprised you ain't making use of the 13th post thing. i'd be iratated by the restriction and uses the big posts the moment I could. Can you save up on that 13 post thing you have or something?

As it stands we are once again waiting on Iron man. Big surprise. Internet pretty much just laid out where I was getting at with those questions towards Ironman.

Also I thought it out and I think the only way we can move forward is if I play the part I know and K7 can add the part he knows later should he feel the need to. Strappado, you have my permission to hate me after I sent you through dismay and other junk over all this. Me spilling what not now, kinda seems like an injustice after how I treated things towards you.

Like I said before I was hit by alot of crazy things last night. I don't know who or what caused 'all' these things straight forwardly but...
killa seven wrote:Poker what action did strappaddo do last night?
When this was posted I was able to learn the who of 'one' of those things that hit me. You should have seen my reaction in real life to that post.
:shock:
That was you!

Think about it. Only way K7 would know details of something crazy that hit me would be if he had a hand in it (kinda like the me to elvis thing). I don't know 'exactly' what K7 does, what character he is, or his alignment (I have a good guess at all of these), but this post gave me enough to assume he was involved in the effect one action had on me. The effect of said action told me who Strappado visited last night. I crumbed here earlier that I did indeed see Strappado go to SpyreX.
PokerFace wrote:I wanted ironman's target because I am wondering if he was involved in all this in anyway.
Since
Strap targeted SpyreX, and
if
Spyre also drew Strap to him then I doubt either of you would recieve confirmation since that is a third possibility of what could have happened.
I don't know if that proves SpyreX as the one telling the truth of drawing strappado or if it just proves Strappado went to SpyreX, but I do know that Strappado ended up going to SpyreX.

After the confusion over bridgekeeper and what looked like a role copish breadcrumbs to me from Strappado at the start of the day...
strappado wrote:
I'm confused by the Spyrex counterclaim because with the wealth of characters in Monty Python, I doubted there would be two of the same role - but I think it's possible.
I think it would be a dangerous gambit for him to counterclaim as scum,
I also think he seems pretty town-ish so far
, although my mind could change given more time.
I thought Strappado was trying to pull off a fake of the bridgekeeper or something along those lines combined with mysteriously knowing about Mr. Vibrating. But considering the reasons she gives here..
strappado wrote:Sorry for the triple post. I saw red and went into kill mode, but didn't answer your question. Although I'm really ticked and dont want to answer any more of your questions because you turn into a whiney baby if people ask questions of you..
k...calming down.

I visited Spyrex because he was the "other french taunter". I kind of confused my role for that of a cop because I was thinking I could find out if he was guilty...but my role is only really useful if I happen to target whoever dies I think. Probably should have tried to figure out who was most innocent looking or more likely to be scum fodder. ...although I'm happy with the results because I can verify that Spyrex was visited by the bridgekeeper which would have been something that would take up a lot of my attention today (it being a pretty big claim)
It all fits with what I thought she was crumbing so I now don't suspect Strappado. I'm not sure why a character like "The Bishop" is a watcher for characters but I still find it wierd that SpyreX learned the bridgekeeper name. SpyreX's reasons for targeting Strappado make sence in line with what me and him were sayingand thinking for scum pairs at the end of Day1. And that kinda makes sence with who I found out about, when you think about it.

Thats all I know and the motivations I had for what I've been doing. Strap said her night action told her of the bridge keeper and i saw no way that was possible just like SpyreX did since we both had reason to believe Strappado targeted him. So yay as long as K7 chose to target me like he posted about before ironman revealed, I clearly got the message. Otherwise it would be more than just SpyreX that missed something. Go look back around post #659. I knew what info K7 was refering to instantly just like Elvis knew what info I was refering to at the start of the day. Had I revealed the tracking info then havoc would have confused things some. Also note that I didn't ask "WTF you talking about K7", now did I? And Elvis didn't ask "WTF you talking about Poker". People knew what the others were refering too.

So now that we have all that sorted Ironman needs to post an answer to this.
PokerFace wrote:
@Ironman,
why did you choose to target K7?
answer K7's question in post #861
How many times has he gotten prodded total? I'm starting to really like the idea of lynching him.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:38 am

Post by farside22 »

Well instead of playing the waiting game, maybe we should discuss others who we feel are scum worthy.
Right now I have only one person and really this is gut based on what she has said. I don't know how to explain scum vibe to people, but that is exactly what it is. I will give you quotes later, but another person I find scummy is Elvis_knits

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”