raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:08 am

Post by raider8169 »

Ok I owe everyone a case as I was the hammer and said I would do so.

Post 64, he was trying to kill someone quickly, but yet questionable about it (about a claim). For someone who has played for a while I thought this was a small hint and caused me to keep an extra eye on his posts.

Then in post 69 he wants Wall-E to defend himself. If you are trying to quickly hammer someone why would you let them defend themselfs it just doesnt work. The idea behind a quick lynch was bad from the get go. Scum most likely checked in quickly or was lurking from the get go. As soon as the thread opened I am sure they sent in there night requests as did everyone else.

Post 131 just was trying to get someone to hammer even though the quick lynch was called off. Post 136 he backs off saying he was not serious. I thought that to be BS. At this point is when I wanted to vote for him. Nothing from there on out convinced me otherwise.

Vote count
(14 players alive = 8 to lynch before deadline)
(2) Porkens – Lord Gurgi, donkeyz12212
(1) Septia – Empking
(1) Empking – Battle Mage

Not voting:
Cass, cerebus3, CoheedCambria09, farside22, Grimmy, Porkens, raider8169, Septia, SpyreX, Wall-E

Deadline:
Sunday 3 August 1:00 AM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:18 am

Post by raider8169 »

Ok, moving on next is my case on Porkens.

Post 169 he jumped bandwagons and said that seems sound. I didnt get a good feeling about that. Post 171 he said he was scummy to stop a wagon. The Wall-E wagon after the claim was bad. I belive the claim. Plus if some gets off a bandwagon at L-1 that is not scummy. Where a person puts their votes is up to them and if they feel the person is not scum I would hope they remove their vote (post 173). Post 308 M4yhem said to look at him so I am trying to honor his wish. To me the signs are there so
Vote Porkens
donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:54 am

Post by donkeyz12212 »

Ack, I apologize for leaving my vote on Wall-E after the confirmation. The day goes by so quickly that I hadn't had a chacne to read up on everything and realize that Wall-E claimed he was a tracker. My fault.

In regards to the night kill, I'm not sure if I am surprised that Panda was killed. He was ready to be a quick lynch but I guess it was his reaction to his quick lynch that made him seem evidently townie??

I just find the replacement, Porkens, to hammer suspicious for some reason. I can't get my fingers on it but just something was really off.
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:19 am

Post by Porkens »

donkeyz12212 wrote:I just find the replacement, Porkens, to hammer suspicious for some reason. I can't get my fingers on it but just something was really off.
I'm not the replacement, nor did I hammer.
raider8169
raider8169
Mafia Scum
raider8169
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:35 am

Post by raider8169 »

Porkens wrote:
donkeyz12212 wrote:I just find the replacement, Porkens, to hammer suspicious for some reason. I can't get my fingers on it but just something was really off.
I'm not the replacement, nor did I hammer.
Porkens was the L-1 person, I was the hammer.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:38 am

Post by farside22 »

My vote is for this guy just for this quote alone.
CoheedCambria09 wrote:hey, so first off
unvote
, i must of missed the post about not quicklynching anymore.

Second I'm going to believe all four claims for the moment(panda=townie, Wall-E=tracker,BM=1shotkill, Mayhem=townie) if all those claims are true then its narrowed down our selection quiet a bit.

The whole exchange between Cerebus/Bm seemed like just background noise to me, with nothing significant going on. But since BM has claimed his role im going to
vote:Cerebus3
vote: CoheedCambria
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:10 am

Post by Grimmy »

farside22 wrote:My vote is for this guy just for this quote alone.
unvote

Second I'm going to believe all four claims for the moment(panda=townie, Wall-E=tracker,BM=1shotkill, Mayhem=townie) if all those claims are true then its narrowed down our selection quiet a bit.

The whole exchange between Cerebus/Bm seemed like just background noise to me, with nothing significant going on. But since BM has claimed his role im going to
Note: I put a FOS on him for this same reason.

he remains on the FOS list until further review

Grimmy
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Battle Mage »

donkeyz12212 wrote:Hmm...I find it interesting that May4hem turned up townie as I guess he was suspicious to me as well.

I
vote: Porkens

just because I think scum is on the latter of that bandwagon
why does this post make me think the exact opposite? 0.o

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Empking wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Empking wrote:Do you actually have a reason for your vote?
yup. next question.
What is your reason?
i think your vote on Septia was rather harsh and you seem jumpy.
Prior to today, you've only made 3 posts, and each of them was an opportunistic bandwagon vote. I dont want a discussion, so let's not argue over this. If you're lynched, you're lynched, if you aren't, you aren't. I'm getting bored of arguing over stuff like this.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

donkeyz12212 wrote:Ack, I apologize for leaving my vote on Wall-E after the confirmation. The day goes by so quickly that I hadn't had a chacne to read up on everything and realize that Wall-E claimed he was a tracker. My fault.

In regards to the night kill, I'm not sure if I am surprised that Panda was killed. He was ready to be a quick lynch but I guess it was his reaction to his quick lynch that made him seem evidently townie??

I just find the replacement, Porkens, to hammer suspicious for some reason. I can't get my fingers on it but just something was really off.
FoS: Donkey

Explaining scum motives is never a good idea. lol

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

CoheedCambria09
CoheedCambria09
Goon
CoheedCambria09
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:24 am

Post by CoheedCambria09 »

hey,
unvote

I have to look back and read a bit top see where my vote will lie today.
Show
Mafia 1-1
Town 3-4
Third Party 0-0
Total Wins/Loses 4-5
Ongoing-1
Abandoned-0
donkeyz12212
donkeyz12212
Goon
donkeyz12212
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:39 am

Post by donkeyz12212 »

If I may ask BM, as I'm still pretty much learning, which sentence indicates discussing scum motive?
Citizen Win: 2 out of 3
Mafia Win: 1 out of 1
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:11 am

Post by cerebus3 »

farside22 wrote:My vote is for this guy just for this quote alone.
unvote

I was going to write this, but saw farside did it already. He clearly wasn't thinking about the case on me when he voted.

vote:CoheedCambria
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:28 am

Post by Grimmy »

And since he STILL isnt paying attention (One FOS and One Vote with no response)

upgrading my fos

Vote: CoheedCambria

Grimmy
still has FOS's on others though
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:30 am

Post by SpyreX »

You night owls, damnit.
I will do whatever the heck I feel like doing, thanks.

I wonder if there are three scum and I track one by luck and the scum do a night kill would I see that scum "talk" to the victim or would I have to target the specific scum who did the night kill? Is there like a scum leader who is in charge of the actual night kill?
That inspires confidence - especially considering you didn't know what a tracker WAS at the beginning and day 1 you announced who you were going to track and Cass told you not to for the EXACT REASON you stated yet, of course, you still did it. :roll:

Maybe that's why I wanted to make sure you didn't out a power role that went to someone else.
thats possible, but would require experienced scum who played in one of the preceding games (or read them Rolling Eyes)
How many people here fit that description?
Hmm...it sure would. I wonder who here was experienced scum in the previous games. ;) Its a mystery.

Anywho, to the real business of the day.

I've got 3 major WTF suspects on my scumdar now. Donkey, Raider, Coheed.

Donkey:
And Im not really sure that it's really helping town to be honest to be jumping all over the place with the votes. Sure, its a good idea to cast the light on players but in the last few posts we have suspects from:
Sleepy Panda, Cerebeus, Mayhem, Donkeyz12212, Wall-E, and a more high profiled Battle Mage.
I dont like this. The town should be placing suspects. Why wouldn't they? The fact its brought up like a bad thing really gets me. We do not want unopinionated town.
Hmm...I find it interesting that May4hem turned up townie as I guess he was suspicious to me as well.
I vote: Porkens
just because I think scum is on the latter of that bandwagon
There's sure a lot more than just Porkens on the latter half of that bandwagon. Why him? Well, my gut reading this says "He's the one with votes". Bah
Ack, I apologize for leaving my vote on Wall-E after the confirmation. The day goes by so quickly that I hadn't had a chacne to read up on everything and realize that Wall-E claimed he was a tracker. My fault.
Why discuss the night kill reason at this point? Doubling it up with having the wrong name (which of course coincides with you who are voting for) makes me extra weary.
If I may ask BM, as I'm still pretty much learning, which sentence indicates discussing scum motive?
I may be wrong on this, because its been a bit, but weren't you IN the first SSW game? In fact, weren't you scum?
Opinion: 80% chance of Scum.

Raider:
Hi everyone im here.
Just finished reading. I dont understand why M4yhem is still alive but Vote M4yhem .
Also FOS Porkens. With him jumping from one bandwagon to another with little to no reason other then to be a part of the main group seems scummy to me. I will have to look into it more for the next day
I really dont like the fact he hammered then, later, put up the case for it (I'll get into the case in a bit).
Post 64, he was trying to kill someone quickly, but yet questionable about it (about a claim). For someone who has played for a while I thought this was a small hint and caused me to keep an extra eye on his posts.
Then in post 69 he wants Wall-E to defend himself. If you are trying to quickly hammer someone why would you let them defend themselfs it just doesnt work. The idea behind a quick lynch was bad from the get go. Scum most likely checked in quickly or was lurking from the get go. As soon as the thread opened I am sure they sent in there night requests as did everyone else.
Post 131 just was trying to get someone to hammer even though the quick lynch was called off. Post 136 he backs off saying he was not serious. I thought that to be BS. At this point is when I wanted to vote for him. Nothing from there on out convinced me otherwise.
The post 64 fits in exactly with what he was doing at that point. I'm not sure what "caught an eye" about it.
Its the second paragraph that gets me. Even in a quick lynch you should want to let them give SOME defense (in case they were a power role). The speculation on the scum (especially the lurking bit) also gets me.
The last bit, of course, I agree with.
Post 169 he jumped bandwagons and said that seems sound. I didnt get a good feeling about that. Post 171 he said he was scummy to stop a wagon. The Wall-E wagon after the claim was bad. I belive the claim. Plus if some gets off a bandwagon at L-1 that is not scummy. Where a person puts their votes is up to them and if they feel the person is not scum I would hope they remove their vote (post 173). Post 308 M4yhem said to look at him so I am trying to honor his wish. To me the signs are there so Vote Porkens .
This is the part that makes me really start to think he's scummy. Post 169 he did jump bandwagons BUT he does acknowledge why in 171 (which has been dismissed so far). Saying you're voting for him in 308 WHEN YOU DID the exact same thing is a very bad appeal for emotion and that really bothers me. As if that wasn't enough, the one thing Porkens did that I really see as raising eyebrows was the vote onto mayhem and that wasn't even mentioned. Being a suspicious hammer and throwing suspicion on the vote before you really strikes me as off.

Forecast: 70% scum

Coheed:
I think the best bet for a quick lynch today is the Wall-E wagon, we need the quick lynch.
so unvote, vote Wall-E
Jumping this in on who (at that point) wasn't the highest vote total, and after we had talked about not quicklynching really gets me.
hey, so first off unvote, i must of missed the post about not quicklynching anymore.
The whole exchange between Cerebus/Bm seemed like just background noise to me, with nothing significant going on. But since BM has claimed his role im going to vote:Cerebus3
I asked it then and never got an answer. Why I asked is obvious. He believed BM's joke claim and used it to justify his vote. I...I just dont have words.
And, for spite:
hey, unvote
I have to look back and read a bit top see where my vote will lie today.

Maybe you should have done that day 1 too. :P
Prediction: 110% not actually reading the thread, slightly (55%) scummy

Secret Suspect: BM - Why? He's BM. :P

Vote: Donkey
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Porkens »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:hey,
unvote

I have to look back and read a bit top see where my vote will
lie
today.
Double entendre? ;)
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Battle Mage »

donkeyz12212 wrote:If I may ask BM, as I'm still pretty much learning, which sentence indicates discussing scum motive?
the bit where you talk about the scum NK. :)

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Grimmy wrote:And since he STILL isnt paying attention (One FOS and One Vote with no response)

upgrading my fos

Vote: CoheedCambria

Grimmy
still has FOS's on others though
I can agree with this wagon. It's not my first choice, but it definitely has the BM seal of approval. :D

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Only a double post BM? That's suspicious. ;)

Anyway, Porkens hasn't defended himself, and Spyrex concerning your reasoning for the Donkey vote. The only other vote than donkey's on Porkens is mine. I would think that might invalidate that point and makes me slightly suspicious of you.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:28 am

Post by Battle Mage »

SpyreX wrote:You night owls, damnit.
I will do whatever the heck I feel like doing, thanks.

I wonder if there are three scum and I track one by luck and the scum do a night kill would I see that scum "talk" to the victim or would I have to target the specific scum who did the night kill? Is there like a scum leader who is in charge of the actual night kill?
That inspires confidence - especially considering you didn't know what a tracker WAS at the beginning and day 1 you announced who you were going to track and Cass told you not to for the EXACT REASON you stated yet, of course, you still did it. :roll:

Maybe that's why I wanted to make sure you didn't out a power role that went to someone else.
thats possible, but would require experienced scum who played in one of the preceding games (or read them Rolling Eyes)
How many people here fit that description?
Hmm...it sure would. I wonder who here was experienced scum in the previous games. ;) Its a mystery.
Lol exactly. Apart from me, who else could possibly be indicated?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Only a double post BM? That's suspicious. ;)

Anyway, Porkens hasn't defended himself, and Spyrex concerning your reasoning for the Donkey vote. The only other vote than donkey's on Porkens is mine. I would think that might invalidate that point and makes me slightly suspicious of you.
rofl. I'm sorry. I wasnt lurking, i was just distracted by the tv! honest! :D

who is the rest of this post directed at?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:31 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Battle Mage wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:Only a double post BM? That's suspicious. ;)

rofl. I'm sorry. I wasnt lurking, i was just distracted by the tv! honest! :D

who is the rest of this post directed at?

BM
A bit of everyone. Porkens has not defended himself, and SpyreX has weak logic.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:39 am

Post by Porkens »

Lord Gurgi wrote: Porkens has not defended himself
I took back my Wall-E vote because Sleepy pointed out that I had missread his refutation of Wall-E's claim.

As I said before, I had no reason or obligation to regurgitate everything that y'all had already said about M4yhem. I thought it was a good lynch based on what the town had said and the panic in M4yhems defenses, so I voted for him.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:41 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Porkens wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote: Porkens has not defended himself
I took back my Wall-E vote because Sleepy pointed out that I had missread his refutation of Wall-E's claim.

As I said before, I had no reason or obligation to regurgitate everything that y'all had already said about M4yhem. I thought it was a good lynch based on what the town had said and the panic in M4yhems defenses, so I voted for him.
So, as I said before, I am voting you. I don't think that "unvote, vote" posts help the town at all.
Wall-E
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Wall-E
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Wall-E »

[/b]Vote: Battle Mage
[url=http://s45creations.wordpress.com]I own a design studio[/url] :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”