Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 7:59 am

Post by Isis »

Doctor Pepper is an American classic. It's also a beverage of connoisseurs, with those who are fans of it adamant that its superiority is inherent and that a preference for it is a result of experience. I am somewhat unfamiliar with this user but have noted possible evidence traces that this second quality might apply directly.
Terra is the protagonist of Final Fantasy VI. Several Final Fantasy games previous to VI were not released in the USA at all, but VI was very popular in the states when it arrived, making it the most "American" Final Fantasy game. It remains the most highly esteemed game among similarly numbered titles in the series stateside even though V and IV were released to the US much later. Fans are adamant it is simply a brilliantly architected game.
I haven't encountered the right dungeon that required me to use Terra and power her up to +297, so I enhanced her to +23 to celebrate twenty three flavors.

Spoiler:

You are an Attacker, Healer, and
fire
card. ImageImageImage. Night one, you may PM me the name of another player. If they survive the night, you will form a neighborhood where you can discuss the game with that player. This neighborhood has daytalk.
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Isis »

Chemist1422 has not paid much attention to what's been going on. He is singlemindedly focused on pegging someone to distract himself from his sweet tooth getting triggered by all these gacha machines.
Titus had stood on a bench to get a good view on her target, which made her the most obvious target he came across. He lobbed his snowball at her shoulderblades.
The snowball popped into a huge, fluffy cloud, that hid Titus from everyone's view. When the clouds went away, a goddess of luck remained, with a smile on her face.
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 8:01 am

Post by Isis »

There are very few dark God Healer cards, so I was lucky to find a good fit.
Titus is famous for making use of VCA in games and extolling its virtues, while knowing its limits. VCA is more powerful later in the game, and I would argue more useful when it's not a town stomp. It can allow towns to make a comeback. This is especially true because it strikes on a different axis from other tools, which might be tools that haven't been working so far this game.
Eir is a comeback queen, featuring two abilities that work well when you are heavily damaged (behind). She has many Heart Orb enhance awakenings, (the most of any dark card in the game) that provide tons of healing, meaning she can heal to full even from 1 Hitpoint. She also features several <50% awakenings, they mean she deals double damage to the enemy if the team has less than 50% HP. Each instance of the awakening doubles it again, that's lots of damage.
For a long time, I had to pick which of these to improve with her equipment, but power rangers recently provided a bow item that improves both of them. Cool!
Her active skill is a comeback tool as well, un-paralyzing a stunned team and providing the heal orbs for her to mend the team's wounds.

Spoiler:

You are a God, Healer, and
Dark
card. Image ImageImage. During the night, you can PM me that you wish to use your one shot ability. If you do, you will become Devil and Attacker instead of God and Healer for the rest of the game. This resolves before the factional nightkill
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 9:42 am

Post by Isis »

Votecount 1.3clidd'-------------
Hoctac-----------
Elena Fisher-----
Dunnstral--------
Elements.--------
Chemist1422----
DoctorPepper'---
Pigman----------
Titus-------------

Not voting: clidd, Hoctac, Elena Fisher, Elements, Chemist1422, Pigman, Titus, DoctorPepper, Dunnstral

Gacha distribution status(.:.) clidd - [X]__________Image
(.:.) Hoctac - [X]________Image
(.:.) Elena Fisher - [O]_____ Image Image Image
___ Dunnstral - [O]_____ Image Image Image Image
(.:.) Elements - [X]____Image
___ Chemist1422 - [X]___Image
(.:.) DoctorPepper - [O]___ ImageImageImage
___ Pigman - [X]_______Image
___ Titus - [O]_________Image ImageImage

Gacha deadline! (expired on 2020-05-24 20:59:59)
Click a user's name in Gacha Distribution Status to go to the post for their card. When Distribution phase is over, this feature will be moved to the votecount.
"Well, I..."
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Hoctac »

I'll join a neighbourhood with you, Donnie!
not yet sentient
Pigman
Pigman
Townie
Pigman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Pigman »

I have no idea whats just happened. So now what?
Pigman
Pigman
Townie
Pigman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Pigman »

I thought the purpose was to throw my card at the person who I thought was most be town but the flavor post makes it sound like it was a bad thing.
Elena Fisher
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Elena Fisher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Elena Fisher »

I believe this is the best choice for me since Titus is off the table
Throw Clidd
So... On a scale of 1 to 10, how scared were you that I was gonna die?

An alt of MariaR
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Isis »

Elena Fischer wields a snowball in her hand. It's such a small weapon, compared to the jackal's godly power. But it was one she wished to use to expand her empire.
She sights clidd walking amongst the bushes and pegs him without delay. There's a flurry of nimbus clouds and a glow the color of the blue sky in a kerfuffle around him. When it dissipates, a timeless Egyptian goddess remains.

If your heart weighs less than a feather, I know you can hear me, clidd.

Of course I do, Elena Fisher
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Isis »

clidd is, at varying times, both pithy and eloquent. Sometimes he will describe a very long thought at length, sometimes he will have a one word remark, and sometime he uses an image to summarize something on his mind.

He brought to mind Hathor. Hathor is an expert for simple and straightforward: the "light orb enhance" awakening you see featured many times on the card increases damage even if you make only a single match, making her able to kill enemies with very brief turns. However, when it is really necessary, she has a rare active skill effect that will DOUBLE the amount of time you have for a turn, allowing you to execute more elaborate plans. Her active skill also deals exactly 25% damage and that can be used for very exacting plans, and clidd is very calculating too.

As a bonus, she's an egyptian goddess, from the same mythology as Anubis, in the neighborhood! This was completely by accident, I had already decided!

As the assist, I placed Shelling Ford card, because he's PAD's most prominent detective and I believe clidd's preferred avatar is a detective as well. Perhaps that will make him smile.

Spoiler:

You are a God, Healer, and
light
Image Image Image card. You have a neighborhood with Elena Fisher. At any time, you may PM the moderator, and the neighborhood with Elena Fisher will be locked and become public. This won't work if the neighborhood is already locked because Elena Fisher Pmed me to lock it.
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well, I..."
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Clidd hasn't talked yet though
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Furthering my research, I googled "Isis" earlier today and was quite shocked to discover what I found. Apparently, Isis has
another
meaning outside of the Egyptian Goddess - which is the only one I had been aware of. Isis is also the name of Science Journal, where they talk about the history of
not yet sentient
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:16 pm

Post by Hoctac »

the Science Society. More can be found down below:

https://www.journals.uchicago.edu/doi/a ... 086/708841

I will do some reading and report back.
not yet sentient
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:20 pm

Post by clidd »

Hum.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:25 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Are you scum, clidd?
not yet sentient
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by clidd »

Not this time.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by clidd »

I'm still trying to understand if hurt = vote in this setup. The language barrier may be holding me back.
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Hurt is what we're using to represent our votes for the time being. As voting and ultimately lynching before all eggs are thrown would be Kind Of Bad.
not yet sentient
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:47 pm

Post by clidd »

Throw: Hoctac
Hoctac
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Hoctac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Hoctac »

Ouch.
not yet sentient
Pigman
Pigman
Townie
Pigman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Pigman »

So question, can you throw to a person who has already been thrown at? Thus resulting in some people ending the day with no egg and some with more than one?
@mod
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Isis »

clidd is excited about being in a form that he truly belonged in. The winter day had a beautiful sky, and clidd felt more connected to it then ever.
He didn't care about the snowball fight anymore!
He hurled his snowball as straight upwards in the air as he could. But what goes up must come down, and eventually it landed, squarely on Hoctac's head.
It knocked one Hoctac down. Then three stood up!
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:24 pm

Post by Isis »

Hoctac is like, really into 90s anime right now, right?
This is another selection based on an active skill that's not pictured: "We're all in this together" replaces all the orbs on the board with new orbs at random. No guarantee they will be good ones or better ones. But they will be new ones! This speaks to Hoctac's signature schtick, and also, the entirety of his persona. He likes change. It's a miracle he doesn't have any alts.
During his pre-in, he told me he was very excited about making friends this game. This card is all about friendship, improving the entire team's RCV and insisting that Hoctac's friends are worth it always! If you are wondering which one in this picture is Hoctac, she's third from the right.
The assist is Sha-77, which is lowkey just Hoctac's actual true spirit animal, too bad it's not a Healer or an Attacker.

Spoiler:

You are a Healer, Attacker, and
light
Image Image Image card. One night per game, you may message the mod to permanently become a Devil/God instead of Healer/Attacker.
Last edited by Isis on Tue May 19, 2020 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:26 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 1, Isis wrote: they can
Throw:
their card-egg to another player
with no card
Players who already have a card are not legal targets for a throw, the same way a player's own self is not a legal target for a throw.
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue May 19, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by Isis »

Flavor adjustments will happen later
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”