(1)
humaneatingmonkey ()
Firebringer
(1)
Looker ()
Not Voting
(3)
Deimos27, Elements, Green Crayons

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. The Day 6 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-22 12:38:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 3173, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 3167, Green Crayons wrote:They’ve hard buddied each other. I don’t see a same scum alignment there.
This is not what I've seen in my re-read.
Yeah I used the wrong term. What about my revised explanation? Isis has consistently vouched for Elements as town.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Honestly I blame my neighbor who thought by going out and sitting on my porch that was an invitation to talk. And so I was phone posting whilst listening to him opining about tv shows.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 3176, Green Crayons wrote:Isis has consistently vouched for Elements as town.
Also not true. It seems as if you didn't even read my posts.

But whatever.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I did read your posts but not with that in mind. Sheesh.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:06 pm

I'm not gonna be convincing anyone here. I get it. The game is lost.

I'm just going to continue my re-read until I catch up to 128, and collect as many information as I can.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:08 pm

Hopefully one or two of you decides to actually listen to me and actually discuss the meat of my posts.

But if nothing else, I get a big I told you so at the end and that's also nice.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

You’re getting pretty nihilist early on. You just laid out your thought process. People have their preformed notions.

I mean, you haven’t engaged with my explanation for why I think Isis isn’t scum. You don’t see me moping.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:17 pm

You cleared Isis through VCA but VCA aren't tell-alls. VCAs are a tool. If all game, you have the information that Isis has played the bus-distance game, the not being on any mislynch wagon is TOO convenient. And it's something that happens — I already proved this to Looker.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:18 pm

You expect me to believe that town won't normally find themselves on a mislynch wagon in a nightless? You know this is not the whole story.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I’m on phone so this isn’t super easy. But the below post is the last time on page one of Isis’s ISO where she’s vouching for Elements. She started out super strong on Elements-is-town, waivers a little bit, and then got here.

In post 1415, Isis wrote:playing to his town meta?

He's playing townier than his town meta and I'm confused. I mean maybe that's a bad thing because I felt like to some extent his scumwin featured him adhering to orthodox play people want to see. He's convincing me it's organic here, though.

Did she about face at some point on Elements? I certainly don’t remember it, HME. She’s been calling Elements likely town since forever.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 3183, humaneatingmonkey wrote:If all game, you have the information that Isis has played the bus-distance game,
She jumped from Cycle to Norwegian with you and Ali. So she was willing to abandon the lazy scum (Cycle) for another, not lazy scum (Norwegian)?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 3184, humaneatingmonkey wrote:You expect me to believe that town won't normally find themselves on a mislynch wagon in a nightless? You know this is not the whole story.
Is Isis so bad at being mafia she can’t bring herself to kill a town? So bad that she becomes good by escaping lynch scrutiny?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 3180, humaneatingmonkey wrote:I'm not gonna be convincing anyone here. I get it. The game is lost.
Is this genuine? You've believed I'm scum for 3% of the game, based on no new info, and "the game is lost"?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:23 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 3146, Elements wrote:Hem do you think I'm scum and if so have you looked at the contrast in my voting tendencies as town and scum?
Was there a reason why you picked those four games? It's not like I'm going to prove you wrong or anything, like I'm going to go through and snoop through your old shit.
In post 3154, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: Deimos

ITS TIME!

IF YOU BELIEVE IN ME. FOLLOW! IF YOU DONT STAY OUT OF THE WAY!
In post 3155, Firebringer wrote:If deimos is scum. He isn't scum with Elements!
I'm confused. What exactly is happening?
  • Because Elements linked some games where he moved his vote, he's town? Do the quality of the reasons in his town games match up to the quality of the reasons in this one?
    • I'm asking because I know I'm not going to read them - I can barely read this one.
    • Side note: Do you still think people are scum because of low post counts?

• HEM has proven me wrong, but I don't want to trust him. I need somebody else (other than Firebringer) to tell me that he's right.
Isis: Tell me that HEM is right and that I should kill you.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I mean, my point with engaging you is let’s accept Isis is scum! You’re not getting folks on board today with that.

But if true, who do you think is her scum friend? I’m hoping we can find common ground there.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:24 pm

Is that really a hard town stance? That's a wishy-washy stance. Later on in the post, she admits she doesn't understand how to townread Elements exactly. So why does she based on meta again?
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

My point is that she’s vouching for Elements, which means they are not likely a scum pair.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:28 pm

I don't agree. Strategies change when PoEs change.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

I don’t understand that response.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Looker who is scum team.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:32 pm

Also, I don't believe associations are as simplistic as that. Scum can afford to hide behind layers of WIFOM. I prefer to catch scum through POV and motivation.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by Isis »

Spoiler:
In post 3189, Looker wrote:
In post 3146, Elements wrote:Hem do you think I'm scum and if so have you looked at the contrast in my voting tendencies as town and scum?
Was there a reason why you picked those four games? It's not like I'm going to prove you wrong or anything, like I'm going to go through and snoop through your old shit.
In post 3154, Firebringer wrote:VOTE: Deimos

ITS TIME!

IF YOU BELIEVE IN ME. FOLLOW! IF YOU DONT STAY OUT OF THE WAY!
In post 3155, Firebringer wrote:If deimos is scum. He isn't scum with Elements!
I'm confused. What exactly is happening?
  • Because Elements linked some games where he moved his vote, he's town? Do the quality of the reasons in his town games match up to the quality of the reasons in this one?
    • I'm asking because I know I'm not going to read them - I can barely read this one.
    • Side note: Do you still think people are scum because of low post counts?

• HEM has proven me wrong, but I don't want to trust him. I need somebody else (other than Firebringer) to tell me that he's right.
Isis: Tell me that HEM is right and that I should kill you.

It's challenging to try to offset the biases that come from activity differentials.

As for whether I would be likely to be offwagon for every mislynch in a nightless setup I'll share some info about my mentality. Hopefully nsg will make a PT for all modkilled neutral survivors and I'll be able to hang out with Elements.
viewtopic.php?p=11280665#p11280665

In Deathlist I was onwagon for every single mislynch IIRC, in Starry Night it was bus-ML-ML- offwagon for ML - bus - got lynched while pushing a mislynch iirc
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

UNVOTE:
I am too disoriented today for mafia, sorry friends.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Mon May 18, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 3196, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Also, I don't believe associations are as simplistic as that. Scum can afford to hide behind layers of WIFOM. I prefer to catch scum through POV and motivation.
I don’t think it’s simplistic? I think it’s the very nature of being scum. You are *hyper aware* of who your scum teammates are. You make a conscious decision about when to mention them or interact with them because it will instantly tie you together.

Claiming a fellow scum is town based on the magic voodoo of meta is a huuuuuge risk. Not impossible but just not likely.

Return to “Completed Open Games”