mini #585 - A Tempest Has Formed (Over), Thanks Patrick!!

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:47 am

Post by Skruffs »

Un-Typo'd wrote:Things that happened:

Alvinz puts a "Scum List" as post 65, which is regarded as "Too early" by most, which suggests that he may have been setting it up either to get other players to do the same or to give clues to his partners as to who he thinks was actually scum or not.

MM(town) and Gaspode(Xtoxm)(???) both wind up voting him, Gaspode because of MM's assertions that ALvinz was being a switch between totally defensive or totally agreeing. Iamausername(Town) was also voting him due to getting a bad feeling about him.

Coheed(Cop) also FOSSES him at this point.

Alvinz responds by saying nobody has 'evidence' (Scum tell) and tries to deflect attention onto Evilgorillaz(Porochaz), while maintaining that Elias is scum because he's experienced and lurking.

PopularTajo saves the day for Alvinz with this bit of Wifom (And it *IS* Wifom)
You know what's funny? That I think alvinz95 now feels more pro-town than scum. Why? Mmm, why would he (a relative newbie) would suspect Elias (an experienced player) and for a weak reason? Wouldn't newbie scum avoid this kind of players? Also, I liked his theory where he involved some players and myself. I'm involved but it seems a valid scum-hunting. So, I don't know where this alvinz wagon come from. (And I know that at the beginning I said something like "There's something that feels wrong in his posts", but with all that has been posted after, I sincerely think he feels more aggressive townie that silly scum")
And at the end has his own rundown:
I still like my Evilgorrilaz vote, (where is he?)
I dont understand yet the Alvin wagon
I like iamasuername, Marmalade, maybe Gaspode.
I dont like Evilgorrilaz, Mellowed Man.
I think we should prod lurkers.
Neutral about other players.
And we're pretty fcked up becuase Elias is scum. (Thats a joke, guys.)
He is voting alongside Alvinz, doesn't understand why people are voting him, but thinks the people voting him (Iamauser, Gaspode) are doing good. Liking players does not mesh with not liking who they are voting for or thinking their votes are suspicious.

Cream147 then votes Alvinz, putting him tied with Evilgorillaz, HE refutes PopTaj's ridiculous WIFOM defense, and adds a few points of his own.

Alvinz responds defensively and FOSSes Cream.
Coheed says Alvinz responded well, if overly defensive.

Elias agrees, etc, and then Alvinz uses PopTaj's joke about Elias being scum, combines it with his "I'll hunt you down and kill you" as a longer joke - which might be a beneath the scenes pointing to Elias as a possible SK.

He then says EG is scum for saying "We" when referring to the town and votes him. Then unvotes. This kind of diversionary tactic I like to call "SILLYFACE!" act silly, roll over and show your belly, and people will think you are harmless. Being thought of as harmless would benefit Alvinz at that point.

Populartajo stops defending Alvinz (since he is doing okay again) and tries to convince Gaspode to unvote him and vote EG again: (Post 145)
As you can see, I still don't like this guy.
Now, Gaspode, do you still like your vote for Alvin? What do you think of evilgorrilaz?
Both Alvinz and Pop lay low until Alvinz gets uber-righteous towards Cream and votes him, for rather interestingly correctl7y analyzing Alvinz's play style. (Makes Cream more likely town in my eyes).

Marmalade(Alabaska) analyzes Alvinz, adding small points of discontent. Then he gets angry at cream as well after voting Coheed. Interesting how the bulk of the post is quasi distancing with Alvinz but the meat of it is directed towards at least one town, and also to the player Alvinz just started launching a campaign against. He also unfosses Alvinz.

EG follows Alvinz to vote Cream.

Pop ignores Alvinz and Cream in post 190 to continue to push against EG.

ME and MAtt_S replace in, and starts with a PBPA. To note:
alvinz95
I really dislike his stance on Elias_the_thief. He seems to be trying to get an easy wagon on somebody experienced. Besides that, he has been unimpressive. Pretty scummy.
- Based on his analysis, he seems to think that Alvinz is scummy. However, look at his reviews of other players:
Cream147
Makes strong attacks on alvinz95 which sound logical.
Could be distancing though. I'm thinking protown.

ashmite84, a.k.a. Skruffs
I seem to be seeing an early fixation on Mellowed Man. I find it slightly odd when people end up being suspicious of those they random vote. Didn't really seem to post much. Mildly scummy, would like to hear replacement.
populartajo
He switches his stance on alvinz95 pretty quickly. Uses a WIFOM defense of alvinz95("newbie scum wouldn't do that", lol). He also links Evilgorillaz, Mellowed Man, and Cream147 pretty simply. Two of the people didn't bandwagon the wagonhappy guy, big whoop. He seems to be shooting in the dark almost. I smell scum.
Gaspode
Opens with a bunch of FOS's. His vote on alvinz95 seems a bit wagony. He FOS's Cream147 when Cream147 and alvinz95 were in the middle of their argument. I'm probably being paranoid, but this smells a bit like scum distancing between the three. It's too early for that though. A bit protown.
On known Town:
CoheedCambria09
Well, he's new. I don't have much experience with newb scum tells, but he seems to have played fairly decently for someone new. Withholding judgment for now.
Elias_the_thief
Doesn't do much. He says he's always like this day 1, though. I want to see some content on Day 2. Withholding judgment.
Mellowed Man
He has made nonrandom votes on CoheedCambria09 and alvinz95. He backs them up with little logic. Pretty scummy.
iamausername
Bandwagons evilgorillaz... for band-wagoning. Oh, irony. Later votes Mellowed Man because he is more wagonhoppy. Other than that, I agree with most of the things he says. Neutral.
The reason I pointed this post out was because several of the players (moved to the top, just under Alvinz), are linked to Alvinz under the pretense that A;vinz will show up as scum. There are no players regarded as how they would be if Alvinz would show up as town, it is only if he is scum. This is a pretty big tell in my opinion, and I will probably be going after Matt_S tomorrow after Popular is lynched today, if I am not dead. If I Get lynched today, hopefully the SK will kill one of these two to give the town a chance at winning.

Alright I got a little bored of reading so kinda skimmed for a while.At the beginning of page 15, MM has been slowly getting a wagon onto him. (Shortly after this happened Alvinz started interacting again). Gaspode and Cream were voting Alvinz, Alvinz, PopularTajo, and me were voting Cream, and MM had Elias, Iamausername, and Matt_S on him.

I was defending MM, and Matt_S
speculated
that me and MM were masons together. In post 360, I asked him what he thought was pro-town abou outing potential masons. He was also trying to get MM to have more votes on him, and was saying that unless he could be PROVEN innocent that he should be lynched. This makes Matt_S look worse.

Back to PopularTajo:
Pop repeatedly defends Alvinz, and deflects attention away from him (Usually onto the next biggest wagon), but he never actually interacts with Alvinz himself. He does not question alvinz, he does not analyze him more than he needs to to try and convince players that Alvinz is town, etc. For someone who thinks Alvinz was def.town, there was no public 'breadcrumbing' to indicate that Pop had a reason to do so. A mason doesn't have to have that breadcrumb trail, neither does a cop with an innocent investigation, because those players have in game information. But PopularTajo never explained why he thought Alvinz was town, never went through the procedure of analyzing him to get that opinion.

This is post 383, the post immediately after Alvinz asked for him to be prodded:
alvinz95 wrote:
Prod Marmalade
Hasn't posted since MAY 2ND.

Also
Prod Populartajo
This is slight, but notice how he puts attention onto Marmalade for not posting since MAy 2nd, but Populartajo hadn't posted sine April 29th. PopularTajo says that I am suspicious for not helping to lynch Alvinz (Even though I gave the wagon that lynched him the fuel it needed AND he was actively trying to disband it), but isn't it interesting that PopularTajo disappeared right around the time Alvinz's first wagon phased out and reappeared right when Alvinz needed him again?
populartajo wrote:No need for a prod.
Im very tired atm, can anyone tell me what has happened in the last 2-3 pages?
Im still thinking in lynching either Cream or Mellowed. This might change with the reread Im doing tomorrow but I doubt it.
Also noticing Gaspode and Matt doing some serious attacks against Alvinz, where did this suspicions start?
Here's another example from my rant in the last paragraph:
populartajo wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Popular, the last time you put any effort into scum hunting in the game was in APRIL. Has ANYTHING triggured any sort of changes in your opinions since then?
Not much. I still think that there's scummy behavior in both Mellowed Man and Cream posts.
Mellowed scummy actions : Suggesting Iamuseraname and alvinz are like a pair, players that I don't find scummy at all - Forgetting about what he said - Voting for a newbie - Confirming his vote agains Matt with no explanation at all.
Mellowed, can you comment about this?
---------------
Cream scummy actions : Sudden change of thought about alvinz. - Extremely aggressive against him but I haven't seen this behavior against other player. - He thinks Mellowed Man is scummy but hasnt jumped against him like he would have.
----------------
Anyways. Im also interested in Gaspode attacks against Alvinz. I mean all D1, this guy must hate him or must see something we aren't.
Evilgorrilaz should explain more his voting, BTW.
Marmalade hasnt posted in a while so Id like the Mod to prod them.

Liking so far Iamausername and Skruffs. Alvinz seems sincere to me. Neutral about Matt and Coheed.
Also, I think we shouldn't let people lurk, cough, Elias, cough. He doesn't need a prod, hes prob watching right now.
Everyone who is suspicious of Alvinz is scum, but Alvinz is town. HOWEVER! look at what he said about Mellowed: "Suggesting Iamausername and alvinz are like a pair" - that is scummy to him? Why would it be? The only way it could be scummy is if one of Iamausername and Alvinz is scum, but he says he finds BOTH of them to be town.(which sets alvinz up to be read as town if iamausername gets killed). And he completely ignores MAtt_S's "Mason fishing" debacle, instead just saying that Matt reads as "Neutral". Why is it scummy if MM does it? Maybe because MM did it to one of his scum partners, where as MM did it with two townies? There is so much contradiction here that it can't be possible that he's NOT scum.

Finally, after not posting for a month and then only trolling for opinions to soak up, he says that ELIAS needs a prod.

A lot of players began to get disinterested (including the mod) so I said that coheed or pop should be lynched for basically being dead weight.
alvinz95 wrote:
skruffs wrote:Either Coheed or popular is the vote for the day, neither of these playeres are really going out there and stating their observations. Let's just do this.
Is that all? Are you saying that not doing anything is a scumtell? Thats not much support for a vote.

Coheed - you voted cream just because he stopped his aggresiveness? Or is it really just to get to Night 1?
Oh look. Sticking up for one player and attacking the other. ;) Contradiction.

Pop's response was to try to look like he was buddying up to Coheed, and saying that I was too lazy to form cases against other player. I said that he was trolling for opinions without offering any of his own, which was scummy ( It is scummy ). Pretending to stimulate conversation between other players is a scumtell if you are not contributing yourself, day one.

PopularTajo got some votes and Matt_S mirrored PopularTajo's comments on Alvinz's wagon, even suggesting a nolynch instead. Scummy connection there.

Anyways, that's enough for now, got to page 22 and I see where after CC first claimed that he wanted to get to day 2 that Alvinz started really pestering him to get him to claim.

Sorry for the huge post, but if you want ANY scum hunting on PopularTajo as reason for a vote and are too lazy to look yourselves to confirm it, you can read it and see the many small little things that are more telling than the large, usually faked or intentional things that Pop is trying to use.
There. Reposted sans-misspellings. I even fixed other players misspellings.

More votes on PopularTajo. He can't really defend himself because he's been caught. He pushed too hard for the Elias wagon yesterday (Even though he ignored him day one, even joking that Elias was scum to help Alvinz's case on him look less suspicious) and wound up outing himself.

7 alive, -1 mafia, -1 lover, -2 NKs (possibly the SK, other mafia, or lover will be hit tonight as there are no more claimed power roles) will result in somewhere between 3-5 alive tomorrow. Killing mafia instead of SK increases the chance of cross kills (compared to 0) though, which makes it more likely that town will win.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:48 am

Post by Alabaska J »

If we mislynch today, and no one hits lover, doesn't mafia win?

This is all the more reason for more votes on pop.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:40 am

Post by populartajo »

But Im not mafia. You know something. Fuck it. Im the other lover. How about that Skruffs.
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Pop, you really didn't have to claim...Only AJ is pushing you and he's mafia...

Though looking through iam's, I think only you and me are the only ones he didn't attack at some point, and everyone's convinced i'm SK anyway...
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Ah, I found my mistake.

Matt and Pop, your avatars are too fucking similar, I keep mixing them up.

Comment at Matt is nonesense, lol.
- This leaves Alabaska J, Matt and Skruffs as possible scumpartners. Im 90% sure that we have one scum here maybe both. I also think that we have only two more scum to go and one SK so we have to lynch one of these guys. Lately Ive been thinking about Alabaska and I feel hes playing more poorly than scummy. Also when he entered the game he suspected both Alvinz and Elias. Notice that he can also be the SK. Therefore, we only have to decide between Skruffs and Matt for the mafia lynch.
This quote from Pop, when I read it, I thought was Matt. Hence I thought Matt was accusing Skruffs-AJ scumpair.

:x
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

That's a pretty big case on populartajo there. Unless I see some counterarguments, I know where my vote is going.
I don't like this comment...
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Actually, I can believe that Popular is the other lover, based on his and Iamausername's complete lack of talking with each other or votes. Also, Iama defended pop against Alvinz's fishing earlier on. The only person that would be more likely to be the other lover is Xtoxm.

Unvote

I will look at Matt_S next.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:02 pm

Post by populartajo »

Xtoxm wrote:Pop, you really didn't have to claim...Only AJ is pushing you and he's mafia...

Though looking through iam's, I think only you and me are the only ones he didn't attack at some point, and everyone's convinced i'm SK anyway...
I sincerely dont see scum killing me tonight. Im so the easy target.
And not only Alabaska was pushing my lynch. Skruffs and Matt were ready to vote for me.
Have we lost the game already now that scum knows I am the lover?
Call me Tajo.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

If we lynch the SK, we lose.

Ideally, we lynch mafia.

If we lynch a townie and scum cross kill, which at this point is more advantageuos for both, it can still work.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by Matt_S »

Hmm... Cream, do you have any complete games as scum?
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by populartajo »

Matt_S wrote:Hmm... Cream, do you have any complete games as scum?
Matt, stop. Cream is not Alvinz scumpartner. He can be the SK but we dont want to do this today.
Call me Tajo.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by Matt_S »

populartajo wrote:
Matt_S wrote:Hmm... Cream, do you have any complete games as scum?
Matt, stop. Cream is not Alvinz scumpartner. He can be the SK but we dont want to do this today.
I'd like to at least see if he has a scum meta before I let you decide things for me.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by Skruffs »

populartajo wrote:
Xtoxm wrote:Pop, you really didn't have to claim...Only AJ is pushing you and he's mafia...

I sincerely dont see scum killing me tonight. Im so the easy target.
And not only Alabaska was pushing my lynch. Skruffs and Matt were ready to vote for me.
Have we lost the game already now that scum knows I am the lover?
Absolutely not. I was not 'willing' to vote you, I *was* voting you based on what I saw as definite evidence. OTher players were pushing a "Either skruffs or Pop" lynch for the day, too. You claiming (unless yo uare counter claimed) make syou a non-viable lynch target. That means that if there are two mafias and an SK left, there are still 3 out of 6 good lynches, two of them better than the third and one, the mafia roleblocker, being the ideal lynch for the day.

Since things are so tight, though, I propose we do a massclaim.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Presumably, populartajo, you beign a lover means you will probably die after the lynch today (As it says "shortly thereafter" in the role pm), which makes being a lone-lover-suicide situation unremedyable by doctor protection. Regardless, I don't think you would h ave been targettd by scum anyways; you have been set up for a lynch tomorrow just like I have been for today.

BTW: What makes you completely sure that cream is not alvinz' partner?
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

unvote

Shit. I need to rethink. :/
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Alabaska J wrote:So basically we are choosing between pop and Skruffs.

DX this is difficult. So much room for error.

People not voting Skruffs or pop:
What do you think of them?
Why did you say this?

and who else tried to pus ha Pop/Skruffs only lynching today? Specifically those who voted me early for no reason?
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

prod Cream147
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Post by populartajo »

Skruffs wrote:Presumably, populartajo, you beign a lover means you will probably die after the lynch today (As it says "shortly thereafter" in the role pm), which makes being a lone-lover-suicide situation unremedyable by doctor protection. Regardless, I don't think you would h ave been targettd by scum anyways; you have been set up for a lynch tomorrow just like I have been for today.

BTW: What makes you completely sure that cream is not alvinz' partner?
The big fight they had D1. The fight that Matt still thinks shows them as possible scumparnters.
As I already said Alvinz attacked sincerely Cream, a possible easy target for scum at that time. I simply dont see them as scumpartners. Fighting against each other if they are both mafia in a situation where one has to be the winner and the other the loser is suicide for scum in D1.
Ok Skruffs I want to see the same dedication you had with me for your Matt case. Ready, go.
Call me Tajo.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:45 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I think the scum could be Matt and AJ.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

rereading Matt_S
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Matt_S »

If Cream doesn't have a meta similar to mine, I'd have to choose between Porochaz and Alabaska J. Porochaz seems to be the less helpful of the two, but I'd have to look back and compare their predecessors for a full view.
Show

(2) think very hard;
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Alabaska J »

After rereading, I think Skruffs is scum and whomever the SK is framed him.

I don't really see a lot on Matt_S, but I could be just looking in the wrong place. Why do people think he is scum? I think I knew at one point but now I've forgotten and nothing jumps out at me from his posts.
Show

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by populartajo »

Why do you think hes town?
Call me Tajo.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by populartajo »

Im starting to have a bad bad feeling about Poro.
Call me Tajo.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Yeh..I'm thinking AJ Matt scum and Poro SK.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”