Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Johoohno »

Vote count
(10 players alive = 6 to lynch before deadline)
(2) sekinj – OhGodMyLife, Rage
(2) OhGodMyLife – MafiaMann, Mariyta
(1) raverblood – Gremwell

Not voting:
raverblood, sekinj, Singing Librarian, ThAdmiral, thinktank

Deadline:
Saturday 9 August 1:00 AM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Rage »

Unvote: Sekinj
Vote: OhGodMyLife
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Gremwell »

Unvote
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Rage »

This isn't getting anywhere. We now have information on both Sekinj and OhGodMyLife, so I say we move on.
seknij wrote:For example, I'm sure the Baron at least would feel like he has to lie to hide his identity.
According to my flavour text, the Moderator is the Baron. Also according to my flavour text, trouble is coming from the Baron's staff. Seeing as how you apparently have no night action but are what I assume the closest role to the Baron, I:

Unvote: OhGodMyLife

@Mod, requesting prod on raverblood and Singing Librarian

@MafiaMann, please answer the questions I asked you in post #128, Page 6.
MafiaMann
MafiaMann
Goon
MafiaMann
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:00 am

Post by MafiaMann »

Rage wrote:You know, MafiaMann has been awfully quick to believe whatever Sekinj has been saying..
MafiaMann wrote:Anyone that keeps there vote on sekinji now after his claim will be a top suspect till more is learned for now the claim seems legit to me and shows how we should not vote sekinji instead maybe look at those who jumped on the sekinji wagon.
Whatever happened to this, MafiaMann? Surely you know that I jumped on the bandwagon, as pressure was decreasing, but you decided to vote for the player that had bad reasoning? Do you have no trouble with my suspicion of Sekinj?
MafiaMann wrote:I feel that sekinjis claim was satisfactory we did get the role and what the role does. He did share information that seems to be legit to this point and if anyone cares to prove it wrong go for it. Also the info he provided does seem helpful. We know that we will have a lot of stuff going on at night and
i dont know bout you guys but that definitly is helpful for me.
Yes, we did get the role, and that the role does nothing, which I doubt. The information he provided seems helpful to the scum more than it does the town, do you wish to dispute this? And, no, we do not know that we will have a lot of stuff going on at night (nor how it is helpful to YOU) because we have no way to know if Sekinj is lying about his information. You immediately took this information as truth, and it seems very off to me.

[
Sekinji told us everything and OMGL just says no and we are all supposed to jump on sekinj. I dont know about you but a fool claim beats a no to me any day.

I took it as truth because how easy is it to make up a role on the spot. I dont think sekinj would put himself out there like that with false info. I mean somthing so easy to dispute why would you put yourself out there by saying somthing that someone can "disprove"as OMGL has if you were lieing it makes no sense.
Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.├óÔé¼
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:08 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I agree, but then why would omgl lie - that just means death when sekinj turns up town.

Why would a scum sacrifice themself for someone who has claimed "vanilla with info" and has given us most of the info?

The only thing that makes any sense IF one of them is scum is that sekinj is the scum and he made the claim to root out vanilla claims so that scum would have better odds of hitting roles. But that still is a pretty poor reason to sacrifice yourself as scum.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Rage »

On Day 1 that seems very unlikely, although Sekinj did attract a lot of attention before he claimed, resulting is mass-unvoting until things were "clearer".
raverblood
raverblood
Townie
raverblood
Townie
Townie

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:49 am

Post by raverblood »

heres is just thought that i have come up with.
sekinj wrote:My info said, Power: --- and then later in my list of knowledge: 10 players, in total, beside you have night choices.
Rage wrote: trouble is coming from the Baron's staff. Seeing as how you apparently have no night action but are what I assume the closest role to the Baron
rage you gave me an idea... if sekinj is true on what he says then could power be the closest to baron.

FoS: sekinj
because he does seem to be the closest.
"If only you could step into my life for a moment, only then will you truly know hell"
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by thinktank »

Raver, I don't understand your last post. Closest to the baron? how did you arrive at such a conclusion?
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
raverblood
raverblood
Townie
raverblood
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:37 pm

Post by raverblood »

ok we assume that the mod is a baron. granted no true fact on that just assumptions. and sek said that he got a clue on power. well when rage made the mention that someone in the staff is scum that got me thinking... y would sek get a clue that all it said was power. made no real sence to me until rage mention that. the least suspected on would be the one that the baron trust most or is closest to him.
"If only you could step into my life for a moment, only then will you truly know hell"
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Rage »

Sekinj did not say he had a clue about power, just that he has no power and the way it was written was "Power: ---". I don't believe it, but, hey, that's just a hunch. I just don't see why "---", or anything for that matter, would be written if it didn't exist. It would be better just to leave it out, in my opinion.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Gremwell »

that's really up to the Mod. and if it really is the case that most of us have powers then I don't see anything wrong with using a uniform PM setup.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:21 pm

Post by Rage »

raverblood wrote:the least suspected on would be the one that the baron trust most or is closest to him.
My point was that according to my role's
Flavour
, the Baron feels that trouble is arising from inside of his court. That is why I don't believe Sekinj's claim, because I think that for "trouble" to make any sense someone of power must be causing a disruption in the court, and the fact that Sekinj has information that I think benefits the Scum to know more than the Town increases my suspicions.
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:18 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

I'm really torn on which of the two is most likely to be lying. I don't think this is a case of misunderstanding, though, as by now the one with the misunderstandign would have said "oh, hang on, having read my PM more carefully..." and the confusion would be cleared up. There are other bizarre possibilities, but essentially it comes down to this:

sekinj is telling the truth, and is the chancellor, with no night action, but privy to a certain amount of information including the fact that everyone else has a night action. OhGodMyLife is concerned about the information that sekinj might hold or gain and counterclaims as a vanilla person to make the claim seem false. For this to be the case, the scum team would surely have to have some pretty firm evidence that the information sekinj has could be harmful to them.

sekinj is lying, having made up a role which suggests a lack of powerless townies, partly in the hope that his neck could be saved and partly to fish for vanillas to make the scum's chances of hitting power roles at night much greater. OhGodMyLife really is a vanilla townie and counterclaims.

With consideration, I think it's likely that sekinj is telling the truth. In a game about a court, chancellor would be a risky role name to fakeclaim, and the information volunteered is too easy to be disproved (ie as soon as someone is proved to be a vanilla townie, the claim is proved false). I don't know what it is that the scum are scared of with regards to skinj's information, but it seems clear that they're scared of something, enough that OGML is risking his neck to get sekinj out of the game quickly.

FoS: OhGodMyLife
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:02 am

Post by thinktank »

It seems everyone except for Sekinj and OMGL is speculating about which one is scum when really we need more talk from the two of them to decide which one is in fact lying.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:43 am

Post by sekinj »

I just don't see the point in giving out more information if :

a) According to most players, the information I have given benefits scum more than town
b) Most players think giving personal information is scummy
c) Fishing for information to back up the clues I have is scummy
b) My information is not believed anyway
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:43 am

Post by Gremwell »

Ok I'd just like to clarify this,

sekinj- you claim barons chancellor, a role with no power/night action, but instead has a list of clues that you don't know if their true

ohgodmylife- you claim to not have a power/night action, and refuse to give any other information

I'm not digging for any new information I'd just like to make sure we're all on the exact same page
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Rage »

a) According to most players, the information I have given benefits scum more than town
Does most players = Rage and Raverblood?
b) Most players think giving personal information is scummy
Where has this been said by anyone?
c) Fishing for information to back up the clues I have is scummy
I've been trying to do that to both you and OhGodMyLife but have never been called scummy for trying.
[d]) My information is not believed anyway
Refer to a) and b).

@OhGodMyLife, I think it is now quite obvious that you have not provided enough information to back up your claim against Sekinj.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Mariyta »

OGML seems to have dropped out of the discussion. You should really contribute. Currently, your lack of participation strikes me as very scummy. "I refuse to give you any more info; now I'm going to go sit on my rock."

Sekinj, I think you're overreacting quite a bit. If you are indeed the chancellor, you should know how important your information will be in the long run, despite what happens right now. Play it smart and stay alive as long as possible.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:33 am

Post by Rage »

Mariyta wrote:Sekinj, I think you're overreacting quite a bit. If you are indeed the chancellor, you should know how important your information will be in the long run, despite what happens right now.
Play it smart and stay alive as long as possible.
Doesn't that only really work for scum and pro-town power roles?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Mariyta »

If Sekinj truly has that much information, he needs to do the same. It may not be a power role in the traditional sense, but it could end up being pretty powerful if he plays it right.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:51 am

Post by thinktank »

can we get a prod on OMGL. He hasn't posted in a while and he's quite important to the current discussion.

sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:45 pm

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote:OGML seems to have dropped out of the discussion. You should really contribute. Currently, your lack of participation strikes me as very scummy. "I refuse to give you any more info; now I'm going to go sit on my rock."

Sekinj, I think you're overreacting quite a bit. If you are indeed the chancellor, you should know how important your information will be in the long run, despite what happens right now. Play it smart and stay alive as long as possible.
What bothers me the most is players who push and push for my special information, yet don't provide any of their own basic information.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:47 pm

Post by sekinj »

I need to point out that my information is almost useless if we don't know anything about each other. (Like the little tid-bit about the first name starting with B, it means nothing currently because we don't know anyone's first name). Now, I understand how that could work to the advantage of the scum, but I think if we play a crafty game, the town will come out ahead.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by Rage »

Save it, Sekinj. That way the Town can use the information later on, when nobody knows what exactly you have. You can't guaranteed that everyone will believe it, though. For example, just because I want you to save whatever information you have, that requires more information to be put to use, does not mean that I will agree with you every time you use your information to prove something is suspicious/wrong.

We need to hear more from OhGodMyLife.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”