killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by killa seven »

cuz if it doesnt out scum whats the point?
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Mushroom Kingdom as town.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 642 bodyguard 7 as town
Explosive mafia - as scum
mini 712 -town
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by SpyreX »

To give information to the town?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
shaft.ed
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
shaft.ed
dem.agogue
dem.agogue

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:17 am

Post by shaft.ed »

Instead of scum hunting you take a break to play some charades for the evening. You're game is interrupted by some Twit banging a car door. Players opinions seem to be changing faster than their votes.

Vote Count:

Iron Man
(4) farside22, TheSweatpantsNinja, Lord Gurgi, Muerrto

strappado
(2) JordanA24, elvis_knits
chenhsi
(2) strappado, Mirth

Not voting:
PokerFace, killa seven, Iron Man, SpyreX , Azimuth, The Internet, chenhsi

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch or No Lynch

strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:54 am

Post by strappado »

SpyreX wrote:To give information to the town?
this.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:10 am

Post by farside22 »

Just did a read of the past 2 pages. I believe Strapp's claim. I think it has a lot of info. Now whether that is a scum or town claim I don't know, but I really haven't thought strapp is scum.
I don't believe Iron Man's claim. I don't understand how an annoucer becomes a bus driver role. That doesn't make sense to me, but if anyone has thoughts on how that is possible I would like to here it.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:11 am

Post by JordanA24 »

Azimuth wrote:Okay, another I'm-caught-up update from me.

1. I don't quite understand JordanA24's question for me in 712. I think he's asking why I would be against forcing a modkill. For me the question is backwards; I've no idea why I would be *for* forcing a modkill.
I was asking why you would be against the idea of possibly getting a "free lynch" by forcing a DBE modkill?
SpyreX wrote:But, for now,
Unvote

I believe strap and it looks like I was Mr.Popular last night. We know what the bridgekeeper does and that is does exist.
Eh? If your telling the truth about your role, then strap should definatly not have been able to do anything last night, why the Unvote, you had pratically caugt strap lying red handed by your accounts.

ENOUGH ROLE SPECULATION ALREADY PEOPLE!

elvis_knits wrote:
SpyreX wrote:Well, isn't this a bag of cats that has been unleased.
And if Elvis wasn't told it was me outside of following my crumbs and guessing, then how was SpyreX told he was targeted by the bridgekeeper?
The very beginning of the PM I got said specifically I was visited by the bridgekeeper. It did not, of course, tell me who the bridgekeeper was, but there is no doubt that I was visited by whomever is the bridgekeeper. That role seemed weird and it still does seem weird, but thats what it is. Why your night action flavor is different than mine I have no idea, but thats where we're at.
I was only told that I had a "visitor." I was not told the player or role that was visiting me. I only guessed because I had already guessed PF's role and the weird alpaca innuendo seemed to fit with him.

In fact, I asked if the visitor was PF, and the response was that I couldn't be told.

SO. I don't know why Spyrex would be told the role that was visiting him, when I was not told. Not only was I not told, but I was told I COULD NOT BE TOLD.
Hmm, just because you weren't told who targeted you doesn't mean nobody gets told who got targeted by them, especially since if this Bridgekeeper role exists as has been touted in thread, then it'd be neccessary for the target to be told that they were targeted by them. If SpyreX got told who targeted him, then it could be an anomoly.
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Iron Man »

farside22 wrote:Just did a read of the past 2 pages. I believe Strapp's claim. I think it has a lot of info. Now whether that is a scum or town claim I don't know, but I really haven't thought strapp is scum.
I don't believe Iron Man's claim. I don't understand how an annoucer becomes a bus driver role. That doesn't make sense to me, but if anyone has thoughts on how that is possible I would like to here it.
How is my role a bus driver. I randomize people's targets.
I'm back.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Mirth »

Jordan, I don't believe Spyrex claimed the ability to roleblock, just to attract actions, thus Strap would not be caught lying.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:22 am

Post by SpyreX »

Exactly - I am NOT A ROLEBLOCKER. I am a redirecter. And Strap said she chose me regardless of my redirect so it fits with my role.

As for Iron Man, there's one reason why I can buy the randomizer... what's the Announcers catch phrase - "And now for something completely different."

Makes sense to me flavor wise.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:17 am

Post by farside22 »

Iron Man wrote:Sorry, busy in RL.

I'm not sure what your waiting on me for? Is it the roleclaim?

I'll just come out and say it then. My role is the Announcer. My ability is that I can target a person each night. If that person performs a night action that targets a specific peron, then the taget is switched to another randomly selected target.

The only reason I hinted my role in the beginning was because at the time, I didnt actually consider this a serious mafia game. To tell the truth, I was kinda screwing
around. I thought this game was meant for a joke really. I wasnt trying to break anything or ruin the game in any way. I was just having a bit of fun.

I know that the rest of you will state that such actoins derailed the flow of the game and distacted from teh scum hunting. Looking back, I completely agree with this. I realize that now. At the time, I was just trying to make a bit of light fun. Honest.
this reminded me of this:

The Bus Driver is a pro-town role who may choose to switch two players each night. Thus, any night choice performed on a switched player will affect the other player targeted by the Bus Driver. The Bus Driver's night choices are only valid for that same night.

Spryx explained it better. I didn't think about the phrase.

unvote:

read through now needed.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:44 pm

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

farside22 wrote: The Bus Driver is a pro-town role who may choose to switch two players each night. Thus, any night choice performed on a switched player will affect the other player targeted by the Bus Driver. The Bus Driver's night choices are only valid for that same night.
Yeah, that's pretty much what he described, except of course, it isn't necessarily a pro-town role.
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by killa seven »

Iron Man wrote:
farside22 wrote:Just did a read of the past 2 pages. I believe Strapp's claim. I think it has a lot of info. Now whether that is a scum or town claim I don't know, but I really haven't thought strapp is scum.
How is my role a bus driver. I randomize people's targets.
you claim you targeted me? yet my night action went as planned.
explain.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
killa seven
killa seven
Mafia Scum
killa seven
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by killa seven »

SpyreX wrote:To give information to the town?
and scum.
Show
Games Won..
Mini 545 as town.
Mini 578 as scum.
mini 618 as scum.
Monty pythons as town.
mini 712 -town
JordanA24
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
JordanA24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:29 am

Post by JordanA24 »

SpyreX wrote:Exactly - I am NOT A ROLEBLOCKER. I am a redirecter. And Strap said she chose me regardless of my redirect so it fits with my role.

As for Iron Man, there's one reason why I can buy the randomizer... what's the Announcers catch phrase - "And now for something completely different."

Makes sense to me flavor wise.
Whoops sorry :(
Please delete my comment from your sig...such an awful joke- Battle Mage

Politics Mafia currently requires 1 replacement, please PM me if interested.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:29 am

Post by strappado »

so...do we get to know the big mystery about K7 and Pokerface?
This game was going at full speed...feels a teensy bit stalled.
Lets go lets go lets go!!!

I think IM may be telling fibs...but for now, still comfortable with my vote on chenhsi the lurker extraordinairre.
http://strappado.mybrute.com
Azimuth
Azimuth
Goon
Azimuth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Azimuth »

I'm posting because I feel I should post something, but I'm not really sure what to say. (Yuck, I sound like chenhsi.) Forgive me if my thoughts seem disorganized.

Obviously some people have revealed quite a bit of information about their roles and night choices. I may be puzzled as to why people chose to reveal, but like it or not the information is out there. Information can be good, but how are we going to turn that information into making a lynch choice? How do I really know whether a bridgekeeper, or a bishop, or a machine that goes "bing" is pro-town or anti-town, at least for the purposes of this game? How do I reconcile the fact that one French Taunter was mafia, but another French Taunter is claiming to be town? It seems that every single player could tell the truth about their roles and actions and I still might not know whom to vote for.

I have to believe that at least some of those who have revealed themselves did so because they thought they would be able to catch mafia, and maybe some of them think they have done so, but I don't quite see it for now -- possibly because I still don't have all the information that they do. I don't want to fish for more information, though; at least a few folks around here should keep their ways mysterious.

The only possible thing that I can think of is that Iron Man's ability (giving someone else's night choice a random target, if I have that correctly) seems quite chaotic, and not one that could be used effectively in any pro-town capacity. But does that mean he's mafia?

I'm glad SpyreX at least tried to answer my questions (posed in post 799); I don't think strappado tried to answer them, but I may have to double-check. So, for now I'm torn between IM and strap, though chenhsi still doesn't strike me as particularly useful.
It's been a busy year, but I want to be back someday.
Oh, and...WAR KITTENS??
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:52 am

Post by strappado »

3. Regarding strappado, asking who a character is (as she did in 726) is not particularly suspicious to me, but mentioning that she knows that character is in the game (as she did in 729) is far more sketchy -- especially because she avoided answering any questions about it for quite a while before finally settling on "That would involve revealing my role." She has explained why she made post 726, but she has not explained why she said what she said in post 729. If she truly wanted to hide her role, there were numerous plausible answers she could have given ("I'm just curious" springs to mind) that would never have led to role speculation at all. So I will ask the question again -- "why bring it up in the first place?"
Bored? Hate lying? I dunno. But I also know that Mirth is a renlentless role-fisher, she demands claims NOW LoL Everyone is saying "Why so many roleclaims" etc...well, because Mirth is a roleclaim bulldog, she'll get it out of you one way or another...and if you refuse, well clearly you're scum.

I asked who a character was in Monty Python and asked for a link because I was at a loss and thought that if I had the information, it may or may not help the town. It would have been nice if the town had obliged and moved on, what harm could that do? That's what I was hoping for. But Mirth needed to know why. I suppose it's understandable, I'd probably be curious as well, but I'd probably think about it and come to the conclusion that there's nothing really scummy about wanting to know who a monty python character is and if the person wanted to say Why they wanted to know, then they would have. Leave it at that? But as soon as she cast her suspicioun laden eyes on me, I'd knew she wouldn't let up, so I told the truth - "Because I know it's a character in the game". Again, another point to think...well, that's not scummy, knowing who a character is in the game...I think it's pretty obvious that I'd know it because of a night action... So as town, I'd probably drop it and leave it at that because it's not particularly scummy that someone knows a character in the game and pushing it would obviously push a role claim...right?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:37 am

Post by PokerFace »

strappado wrote:so...do we get to know the big mystery about K7 and Pokerface?
This game was going at full speed...feels a teensy bit stalled.
Lets go lets go lets go!!!

I think IM may be telling fibs...but for now, still comfortable with my vote on chenhsi the lurker extraordinairre.
Would you drop it already. Your pretty much just fishing for more at this point. And I'm more out of the loop then you think. I'm confused as it is in case you haven't realized. Also considering what you said in "your" 70th, 72nd,and 76th, posts pretaining to what I said; I can assume you know pretty much what I know at the moment, and since I can't prove you or SpyreX to be lying scum in that respect, we are going to leave things at that. Unless K7 wants to say more, no more will be said as far as I'm concerned. Now stop fishing, from my viewpoint I believe saying more will only help the scum. Unless K7 disagrees based on his viewpoint and says more on his own, you should shut up since you be fishing and helping the scum.

"wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more" Image
(That is not suppose to be a funny, this is to further my point)

Your last post kinda feels pot calling kettle black having wanted things to stop.
http://ganjataz.com/general-bollocks/im ... -black.jpg
Now thats suppose to be funny.

I think some of us should listen to Azimuth more. I'm not sure what questions he is refering to towards SpyreX in the last paragraph of his last post. I'm going to have to look back on that. While I think about this:
Azimuth wrote:...how are we going to turn that information into making a lynch choice? How do I really know whether a bridgekeeper, or a bishop, or a machine that goes "bing" is pro-town or anti-town, at least for the purposes of this game? How do I reconcile the fact that one French Taunter was mafia, but another French Taunter is claiming to be town? It seems that every single player could tell the truth about their roles and actions and I still might not know whom to vote for.

The only possible thing that I can think of is that Iron Man's ability (giving someone else's night choice a random target, if I have that correctly) seems quite chaotic, and not one that could be used effectively in any pro-town capacity. But does that mean he's mafia?
@Ironman,
why did you choose to target K7? Do you always have to use your action or can you choose to target no one if you wanted to? answer K7's question in post #861

Also
@SpyreX,
why did you choose to target Strappado?
@Strappado,
why did you choose to target SpyreX?

I don't see questions like these as fishing since they involve how and why and not so much what. If someone disagrees then say so.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:41 am

Post by farside22 »

PokerFace wrote:I can't force feed everything to you. There be tons of crazy ways to bread crumb things, you would just have to use your imagination and hope we'd be able to figure it out after your death. That's what hiders and weak docs do.
I'm curious to know why you mention roles like the above rather then cop or doc or normal roles that typically bread crumb.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

farside22 wrote:
PokerFace wrote:I can't force feed everything to you. There be tons of crazy ways to bread crumb things, you would just have to use your imagination and hope we'd be able to figure it out after your death. That's what hiders and weak docs do.
I'm curious to know why you mention roles like the above rather then cop or doc or normal roles that typically bread crumb.
Simple answer. Docs and cops can breadcrumb after and typically do it after since there skills alone won't kill them.

If a hider hides with scum or a weak doc protects scum they are dead usually and therefore can't really breadcrumb after. If spyre drew a kill to him, he would be dead.

A player can choose how to breadcrumb assuming they want to. Telling some one the exact code to use out loud would be bad. I suppose he can choose not to breadcrumb at all if he wants to aswell so with that I'll drop that issue.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

EBWOP:
replace "therefore can't really breadcrumb after"
with "therefore can't always breadcrumb after"
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:27 am

Post by farside22 »

PokerFace wrote:
farside22 wrote:
Simple answer. Docs and cops can breadcrumb after and typically do it after since there skills alone won't kill them.

If a hider hides with scum or a weak doc protects scum they are dead usually and therefore can't really breadcrumb after. If spyre drew a kill to him, he would be dead.

A player can choose how to breadcrumb assuming they want to. Telling some one the exact code to use out loud would be bad. I suppose he can choose not to breadcrumb at all if he wants to aswell so with that I'll drop that issue.
That makes no sense, but I'm leaving it alone because I don't think it means anything. I just thought it was a strange comment to make.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:32 am

Post by strappado »

@ Pokerface
Excuse me??? Wow, you came off as a real a-hole in that post directed at me. Considering you were one of the driving forces (along with Mirth) asking me and Ironman to roleclaim it seems really convenient for you to now whine "Stop it, shut up, quit rolefishing, I'm telling mom!"
What you've been breadcrumbing with saying "I have something against Strappado that I'll explain later" "I'll tell you all more about my problems with Strappado later" and indicating that you have some fishy info about what I did last night, you've got some real nerve telling me to shut up when I ask you to come out with it.

I think you want me to "shut up" and drop it because you had nothing, and you've got nothing and you were hoping I wouldn't have an alibi.

It's a good thing we aren't playing IRL cuz I'd probably be lunging at someone if they had spoken to me in that manner.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:34 am

Post by strappado »

but on a calmer note. If you really think it would help the scum, fine, it's dropped. There's definitely nicer ways to say that though, for future reference.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:42 am

Post by strappado »

Sorry for the triple post. I saw red and went into kill mode, but didn't answer your question. Although I'm really ticked and dont want to answer any more of your questions because you turn into a whiney baby if people ask questions of you..
k...calming down.

I visited Spyrex because he was the "other french taunter". I kind of confused my role for that of a cop because I was thinking I could find out if he was guilty...but my role is only really useful if I happen to target whoever dies I think. Probably should have tried to figure out who was most innocent looking or more likely to be scum fodder. ...although I'm happy with the results because I can verify that Spyrex was visited by the bridgekeeper which would have been something that would take up a lot of my attention today (it being a pretty big claim)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”