Worst role ideas?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Styro
Styro
Townie
Styro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by Styro »

You are a

You are a vanilla townie, but since you don't know any better, you can pretend you have night actions/is a scum and PM me your spams.

You always lose.
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon
Location: Pondering if he should actually play Mafia at one point.

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Booker »

How about...

You are a
. You win after claiming two completely non-related protown roles, with at least three people each expressing their belief of the claim.
The entire time I was trying to get my voodoo doll to work. The closest I got was slapping someone with it. -Snix, Haunted Mansion 5
Styro
Styro
Townie
Styro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:04 pm

Post by Styro »

You are
Mentos

Once you make contact with Coke another (pro-town) player in this game, you die.

Each night you will PM me the name of a player who you want to protect yourself against. If that player is Coke, he or she will be denied contact with you if he/she does choose to make contact with you.

If you survive until the Day before LyLo along with Coke, I will reveal your roles publicly in thread and I will give your Mentos-role to a random anti-town player in the game. At this point, Coke has 2 chances to make contact with any player (during the Day) to explode the anti-town Mentos.

You win when the town wins.
----------

You are
Coke

You must chose a player to make contact with during each Night, if you do not send me the name of a player by Night's end, you will be modkilled.

There is a player in the game called Mentos who you will kill if you make contact with.

If both you and Mentos survive until the Day before LyLo, I will reveal your roles in thread and the Mentos-role will be given to an anti-town player. At that point, you have 2 chances to make contact with the anti-town Mentos (during the Day) to explode him/her, essentially killing him/her.

You win when town wins.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:44 pm

Post by Rogueben »

If Mentos soft claims day one doesn't that void the whole random blow up anyway. I don't see this as being a particularly bad role.
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Styro
Styro
Townie
Styro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:42 am

Post by Styro »

^ good point, but is Mentos smart enough to soft-claim D1 unprovoked and be alive by the end of the Day?? Besides, scum will definitely off Mentos before the Day be4 LyLo if Mentos ever claims.

This would be great in a Supermarket Mafia, a Large Theme, I'm a noob so I can't mod anything, lol
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Soft-claim? I'd probably hard claim about half my role day 1. "Hey. I'm just going to claim this now, so nothing bad happens; I'm Mentos, a pro-town player with a big disadvantage; apparently, there is apparenlty another pro-town role the game names Coke, and if he targets me, I die. Just figured I'd claim that, since I'm otherwise a pretty useless role and I there's no sense in randomally dying for no reason. Also, Coke shouldn't claim now; if he claims later, after I'm dead, then you'll know he's confirmed." Scum might or might not bother to kill Mentos; probably not; in any case, at least Coke won't kill him, and Coke will be confirmed later even without the mod needing to do it.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Styro
Styro
Townie
Styro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:22 am

Post by Styro »

BUT the whole point of having these 2 roles is that they can give the town a big advantage the Day before LyLo. Therefore, claiming just might get you killed at Night.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Caboose »

Saw this on another forum:

You are the
door to door religious guy

You get daytime actions where you can talk to anyone in private much like a mason. The catch is you can only talk about religion and all talks must last over an hour.

You win when you get a donation.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Dasquian »

Styro wrote:BUT the whole point of having these 2 roles is that they can give the town a big advantage the Day before LyLo. Therefore, claiming just might get you killed at Night.
Only if one of Coke or Mentos is an idiot and tells scum the LyLo arrangement. Unless he does, scum will probably just laugh at Mentos' shitty role and ignore him until they get stung by him.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
BridgesAndBaloons
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
BridgesAndBaloons
Shea it ain't so!
Shea it ain't so!

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:55 am

Post by BridgesAndBaloons »

You are
A Replacement.

I know you signed up for this game, but another game I'm modding needs a replacement.

You can't win this game, since you're not in it, but you could win the
other
game.

Oh, and thanks for replacing!

Possible use:
Have a replacement in both games, and then have them continuously replace each other.
Signature:
[size=84]This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit[/size]
Styro
Styro
Townie
Styro
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Styro »

Dasquian wrote:
Styro wrote:BUT the whole point of having these 2 roles is that they can give the town a big advantage the Day before LyLo. Therefore, claiming just might get you killed at Night.
Only if one of Coke or Mentos is an idiot and tells scum the LyLo arrangement. Unless he does, scum will probably just laugh at Mentos' shitty role and ignore him until they get stung by him.
right, you are a genius ;)
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:21 pm

Post by Iron Man »

I still like my old idea of the
Reset Button
as a way to completely break the setup of a game.
I'm back.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Vi »

That reminds me of a similar-but-not-really idea.
You are the
See Ya
, not to be confused with the Hey Ya!; while you are a member of the Mafia with partners _____ and ______, you are not OutKasts. At any time during the game, you may run away. Doing so will clear all votes against you and prevent people from voting for your player slot for the rest of the day (if this is used during the day), but you will be immediately replaced. Your replacement has no special abilities, and will effectively be a Mafia Goon.

You win when all who threaten you are eliminated.
It's pretty neat; a special ability that's a dead giveaway AND overpowered at the same time. (If you don't see how it's overpowered, think of what would happen if the ability was used at LyLo.)

Also: VV007 4 p057 1337!
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:33 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

You are
The Tank
. You're very good at taking the heat, and you are not afraid to mix it up in the daily discussions. If all else fails, you have secret knowledge you can use against others to get them to talk. Every night you can select someone to be taunted. For the rest of the game, taunted players have a post restriction where they must respond to all of your posts between their last posts and their next posts. Furthermore, they must comment on each sentence and phrase in your posts on a sentence-for-sentence basis. They may then proceed with whatever else they wanted to say. Failure to follow this restriction will have consequences of either loss of ability or possible modkill, depending on the number of infractions.

You win with the (insert alignment here). You have to pay your own repair bill if the game is abandoned.
Mod note: All players without power roles (plain mafiosos and vanilla townies) will be Tanks. At the mod's discretion, taunts may stack or replace each other. The Tank role PM should be adjusted accordingly.
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
Booker
Booker
Goon
Booker
Goon
Goon
Location: Pondering if he should actually play Mafia at one point.

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by Booker »

You are a
Newbie Cop
. That's not to say that you're a
bad
cop, just that you're over-enthusiastic and know little about police procedures. Take stakeouts, for example. A time-honored cop strategy. You set yourself up outside the suspect's home. When they leave, you calculate where they're going and beat them to it, concealing yourself
in
the person's house and poking around while you're there. Ideally, this combines the best aspects of the Tracker and Cop, while providing a complete perspective on the night's goings-on. In reality, even the protown ones generally notice an unmarked car speeding past them, and tend to wait until you're inevitably caught by the house's real owner before going about their business there. As a result, all you really find out is the alignment of the person
your
target targetted. Nonetheless, it's something, and the town should always know as much as possible, so if your target went anywhere the previous night you'll gleefully declare all the information you found that night on the first post of the day. (Editted in by the mod if necessary) You win with the town.
The entire time I was trying to get my voodoo doll to work. The closest I got was slapping someone with it. -Snix, Haunted Mansion 5
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:06 pm

Post by Oman »

Interesting Booker.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:01 am

Post by Korts »

It's a very nice tracker/cop combo, too bad it's gonna get either lynched or NK'd before being able to uncover anything of value.

EDIT: which is good, of course, when you're posting in the "Worst Role Ideas" thread. I'd be better off if I checked the thread title before I post...
Last edited by Korts on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
scumchat never die
Rime Ice Fury
Rime Ice Fury
Townie
Rime Ice Fury
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:08 am

Post by Rime Ice Fury »

For years, the reign of Mod has been unchallenged... Until now,

For you are
God
and your only purpose is to defeat the game's Mod. You are thus immune to modkills. At any point during the day, you may say in bold "
Godkill: Mod
" and you will kill the mod and take over the game. From that point on, the game is yours to continue, bastardize, or destroy.

You win when you have killed the Mod and taken over his/her game.

You are the
Town Psychic
. You refuse to communicate by message board and thus cannot make any post or PM at all lest you suffer divine punishment by Mod. Instead, during the day, you may telepathically send messages to all players at once. You cannot send telepathic messages to only certain players, or send the same message to different players at different times; I repeat, you must send all ingame telepathic messages to all players at once. You may not psychically communicate at night, and you may not read other people's minds; You may be a psychic, but you aren't a cheater. You do realize that other people lack your psychic gifts, so you are allowed to read PMs and posts; you just can't make them yourself. You win when all threats to the town have been dealt with.

Drop the mod a mental line if you are unsure of how to communicate telepathically.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:37 am

Post by Korts »

Rime Ice Fury wrote:For years, the reign of Mod has been unchallenged... Until now,

For you are
God
and your only purpose is to defeat the game's Mod. You are thus immune to modkills. At any point during the day, you may say in bold "
Godkill: Mod
" and you will kill the mod and take over the game. From that point on, the game is yours to continue, bastardize, or destroy.

You win when you have killed the Mod and taken over his/her game.
It's not exactly a worst, if the player wins whenever they want, in my irrelevant opinion. Plus, it wouldn't be much of a game for the player playing God.

And in regards to the town psychic role, being only able to PM everyone at once is pretty much equivalent to having posted in-thread, except for the place.
scumchat never die
Rime Ice Fury
Rime Ice Fury
Townie
Rime Ice Fury
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:49 am

Post by Rime Ice Fury »

Korts wrote:And in regards to the town psychic role, being only able to PM everyone at once is pretty much equivalent to having posted in-thread, except for the place.
My idea was that you actually had to psychically communicate with people which made it so bad (no PMs). Tell me someone who knows telepathy. :-P
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:47 am

Post by Korts »

No posting
or
PMing? I somehow read that instead of posting in-thread, the psychic sends the message by PM to every player. But your idea would be a much better one :P
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:49 am

Post by Korts »

Confused Cop:

Gets the alignment results of the player below the targeted on the player list.
scumchat never die
Rime Ice Fury
Rime Ice Fury
Townie
Rime Ice Fury
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:10 am

Post by Rime Ice Fury »

Korts wrote:No posting
or
PMing? I somehow read that instead of posting in-thread, the psychic sends the message by PM to every player. But your idea would be a much better one :P
Indeed! PMing the mod about how the role works is a modkillable offense.
Potates
Potates
Townie
Potates
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:41 am

Post by Potates »

You are the
Optimist.
You're cheerful all the time and you just know that people won't want to lynch you because you're always so friendly to them so it takes an extra vote to lynch you. However, since you're so sociable, each night you must visit one of your neighbours homes for some friendly chit-chat by PMing their name to the Mod. If a nightkiller targets them that night, you get killed too.

You are the
Pessimist.
You're convinced that nobody likes you and as such, if possible, you must hammer yourself. But, if you put the hammer vote on someone else, you gain some confidence, and you cannot be nightkilled that night.
rickvoid
rickvoid
Goon
rickvoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:48 am

Post by rickvoid »

Potates wrote:You are the
Optimist.
You're cheerful all the time and you just know that people won't want to lynch you because you're always so friendly to them so it takes an extra vote to lynch you. However, since you're so sociable, each night you must visit one of your neighbours homes for some friendly chit-chat by PMing their name to the Mod. If a nightkiller targets them that night, you get killed too.

You are the
Pessimist.
You're convinced that nobody likes you and as such, if possible, you must hammer yourself. But, if you put the hammer vote on someone else, you gain some confidence, and you cannot be nightkilled that night.
Ooh, I like the pessimist. Quick-hammer to avoid a night-lych, or avoid the towns wrath? Of course, this becomes broken if the pessimist claims, and the other townies let him hammer every day. Only the scum should have a problem with him being the hammer vote.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”