Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Adel »

Talitha wrote:So, what do people think of Glork's suggestions for scum, now that we know Glork was town? At the least I'd like everyone to take a look at logicticus, and make a judgment... town or scum... ?
is there a particular reason we shouldn't also look at Axelrod?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:59 am

Post by nonny »

Why are we looking at glork and not elvis_knits for that matter? I think tally just happens to like the logic implications from glork....
*insert bad joke here*
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Adel »

um, Glork has a well-earned reputation for being a great scum-hunter. One of the reasons I voted for him was because he didn't have well developed cases against his targets logic and Axel.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by nonny »

Alright that is a legitamate reason. I ussually don't take reputations into much account.....or ussually I just don't know reputations of poeple, especailly when I havn't done a game with them.
*insert bad joke here*
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by armlx »

Adel wrote:
Talitha wrote:So, what do people think of Glork's suggestions for scum, now that we know Glork was town? At the least I'd like everyone to take a look at logicticus, and make a judgment... town or scum... ?
Thats kind of interesting considering Axel was the catalyst for the lynch anyways.

Tally, do you think someone who presses a mislynch is more, less, or just as scummy as someone who hops on it mid-wagon?
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by Adel »

armlx wrote:
Adel wrote:
Thats kind of interesting considering Axel was the catalyst for the lynch anyways.
And that Glork really devoted the majority of his posting against Axelrod, his focus on logic was much less intense.

Does anyone else feel a Tally/Axel/DGB group?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:57 pm

Post by Talitha »

I mentioned logic because he is the one that I agreed with Glork about. Not to brag, but I've caught a couple of scum in my day too.

I've felt like Axel is town, but not having played with him before am open-minded.

armlx, it depends on the who, the how, and a hundred other things. I'd probably go for "less", though.

Adel is extremely scummy today, I have to say.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by armlx »

I've felt like Axel is town, but not having played with him before am open-minded.
Axel is a manipulative bastard in my experience. I have to reread Random 2 on MTGS again though to get a better read.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by Adel »

Talitha wrote:Adel is extremely scummy today, I have to say.
and why did you wait until now to say so?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:25 pm

Post by Talitha »

Um, because I did not have the benefit of the sum total of your today's posts until now? I was supposed to call you on being scummy today as soon as day dawned or something?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by Adel »

Talitha wrote:
Adel wrote:at least one out of the three (or four) players who were not given mod powers has to be scum- or is emptytiger just really tricky? but really it seems to me that one of the non-mods would be scum.
IMO, Emptyger would very likely have randomly assigned the mod powers. Meaning that we can't get anywhere from this line of reasoning.

So, what do people think of Glork's suggestions for scum, now that we know Glork was town? At the least I'd like everyone to take a look at logicticus, and make a judgment... town or scum... ?

(I also need to read over carefully but been busy this weekend and I fear that my week is only going to get busier :( )
so it was my posts in response to this one that made you suspect me as scum? Which one specifically gave me away? 1050, 1052, or 1055?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:10 pm

Post by Talitha »

What part of "sum total" is unclear?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by Talitha »

To make myself more clear, I'm not convinced that you are scum, Adel. I've just noted as the day has gone on that I've got an odd vibe from some of your posts. After noticing this a few times, I decided to comment on it. It was partially a reminder to myself not to give you a free pass, and partially thinking out loud.

For everyone's info - I am so freaking busy at the moment. I get home and I'm exhausted but still have to cook meals and deal with my children. So my mafia playing suffers a lot. I try and do my best to post regularly, but that is often all that I can do... don't have to energy to go back and figure out which post, etc. I have 5 more days of extreme busy-ness then things should quieten down a little.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by Talitha »

Also, I sometimes try and act very "scummy" when I'm town, so I don't base my vote solely on how scummy someone is acting.

(See: earlier when I accused nonny of being scum because she was "too townie")
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Post by Talitha »

vote: logic
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:31 am

Post by armlx »

Also, I sometimes try and act very "scummy" when I'm town, I don't base my vote solely on how scummy someone is acting.
I find this statement very odd. What do you base it on then.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:31 am

Post by armlx »

EBWOP: The later part of that post is also very convenient.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Talitha »

What do I base it on? Whether I think they are scum.

It's convenient?? Convenient for whom, and how? Do you have any idea how many scummy looking townies I have lynched as scum? I was liking you for town armlx, but I really can't believe that someone who has been around since 2005 can't see the distinction.

I don't know if it's convenient, but it happens to be true, which any small amount of research would confirm.

Also, armlx, can we please have a vote count on this page.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:26 am

Post by armlx »

It's convenient?? Convenient for whom, and how? Do you have any idea how many scummy looking townies I have lynched as scum? I was liking you for town armlx, but I really can't believe that someone who has been around since 2005 can't see the distinction.
Without lynching scummy players how do you expect to find scum? I don't like that you are using the WIFOM excuse of scummy people can be town to defend yourself. If you were arguing about another player I can see your point, but using it as a defense is invalid.

Vote Count

nonny- 1 (armlx)
DGB- 1 (Adel)
Adel- 1 (DGB)
logictus- 1 (Tally)

(Axel, Logictus, Werebear, nonny)

8 alive, 5 to lynch

Also, I realized one of my earlier comments was slightly confusing. When I said I don't have mod powers, I meant for unlocking/locking the thread an editing posts, not role based mod powers.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Adel »

Talitha wrote:To make myself more clear, I'm not convinced that you are scum, Adel. I've just noted as the day has gone on that I've got an odd vibe from some of your posts. After noticing this a few times, I decided to comment on it. It was partially a reminder to myself not to give you a free pass, and partially thinking out loud.
I find it convienant that after spending the majority of this game coasting along with a minimal amount of input and a minimal amount of suspicion, as soon as I identify a scumtell against you you conclude that I have been acting scummy today.

Timing is everything, and your's stinks.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:09 pm

Post by Talitha »

Adel: Well of course you trying to drum up suspicion on me is scummy. I'm innocent. That was what tipped me over the edge to say something. And I am sort of offended that you single me out as "coasting along" and "minimal input".

armlx: If you want to have that discussion let's do it in MD. It won't advance this game any right now unless we apply it to someone specific. And, I am not defending myself... should I be? I have no votes.

Nonny: Did you notice that it was already after deadline when you switched to voting logicticus? I thought that was kinda suss because I saw that you were lurking around the forum in the time leading up to deadline.

You know what really stinks? The fact that only 4 of us are actively playing the game.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by Talitha »

Also armlx: It was regarding Adel that I was talking about scummy players not necessarily being scum, not myself.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Adel »

Talitha wrote:Adel: Well of course you trying to drum up suspicion on me is scummy. I'm innocent. That was what tipped me over the edge to say something. And I am sort of offended that you single me out as "coasting along" and "minimal input".
from an objective perspective can you understand how it would register as a scumtell to focus on Glork's suspicion of logic when Glork's primary focus seems to have been on Axel? During this game you have been costing along, as have most players. Overall, participation in this game has been pathetic, especially considering how august the original player list was perceived to be. Looking back through your posts I don't see much that illuminates your alignment, so when I picked up on a notable tell it really stood out.
Nonny: Did you notice that it was already after deadline when you switched to voting logicticus? I thought that was kinda suss because I saw that you were lurking around the forum in the time leading up to deadline.
suss? as in "suspicious"? I'm not familiar with the word. What are you accusing her of?
You know what really stinks? The fact that only 4 of us are actively playing the game.
welcome to the club! I totally agree.

Werebear could use a prod, and Logic & DGB & Axel could use one soon.

All four of them can't be scum, but lurking this late in the game is hella scummy, and absolutely hurts our chances of winning. We need a much higher overall participation rate.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by armlx »

Talitha wrote: (See: earlier when I accused nonny of being scum because she was "too townie")
This seems like an attempt to justify yourself. Thats what I'm on about.
logicticus
logicticus
Mafia Scum
logicticus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:09 am

Post by logicticus »

tally wrote:Nonny: Did you notice that it was already after deadline when you switched to voting logicticus? I thought that was kinda suss because I saw that you were lurking around the forum in the time leading up to deadline.
I did not notice this and I dont know if its suspicious, but lurking around the site around the deadline can definitely be.

I would throw my support behind a nonny lynch. Between her bizarre actions and macros super bizarre actions I see a winner.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”