Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:17 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 175, chkflip wrote:
In post 171, chkflip wrote:Pagetop.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 670, DonCorleone wrote:I don't understand what you mean by this.
In my experience, it is very rare for that type of WIFOM argument to be made. Usually I'm the one to make it myself, and nobody listens to me. I didn't see anyone doing it here, but I must have missed them (I was probably skimming an overnight catchup as most of those posts came while I was asleep).

So I'm confused as to why that argument was so much more common this game than usually. Since farside and ABR are both pushers of it, I wondered if it was a mentality that they would have had when they were playing a long time ago. But it doesn't sound like the type of argument people used to use (afaik towns were much more willing to policy lynch people for saying stupid shit back in the day).

So it does make me wonder if there's an ulterior motive there.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:18 am

Post by chkflip »

In post 674, DonCorleone wrote:I don't really understand why people are TRing Lilith either tbh. Is it just because she's got the most posts or?
:lol: Right? Nah it's probably a mindmeld thing.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:18 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 674, DonCorleone wrote:I don't really understand why people are TRing Lilith either tbh. Is it just because she's got the most posts or?
I'm leaving FB and Lilith for day 2. Not worth getting into today.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:19 am

In post 673, Albert B. Rampage wrote:My scumhunting wasn't built on my ability to read an individual player.
Well, now I understand why you can't read this individual player. A lot of universal tells, including most tone-based ones, don't really apply to me, because I have such an idiosyncratic posting style.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:20 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 676, Something_Smart wrote:So it does make me wonder if there's an ulterior motive there.
Like... knightmare is scum and scum are using it to defend a buddy?
votato
votato
Mafia Scum
votato
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:21 am

Post by votato »

this
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:21 am

I find it unlikely that she specifically recruits me to join this game with her and then rolls scum and immediately starts tunneling me for no good reason.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:21 am

In post 680, DonCorleone wrote:Like... knightmare is scum and scum are using it to defend a buddy?
Yes, that would be the idea. It's tinfoily, of course, but it did cross my mind.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:22 am

In post 679, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 673, Albert B. Rampage wrote:My scumhunting wasn't built on my ability to read an individual player.
Well, now I understand why you can't read this individual player. A lot of universal tells, including most tone-based ones, don't really apply to me, because I have such an idiosyncratic posting style.
Noted
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:22 am

Post by lilith2013 »

In post 621, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 546, lilith2013 wrote:Wow this was horrible. A whole post of wishywashy nonsense
Maybe it was bad, but is it scummy?
In post 622, lilith2013 wrote:I think so. If he still thinks chkflip is worthy of a vote, why no direct interaction with that slot now? He posted a case and then kind of just dropped it and I think he’s the only one on the wagon. Would expect more pushing if he truly scumreads chkflip. He also basically said “it’s fun tunneling [chkflip].” I see no engagement with anyone else and no other reads expressed. The best he can come up with is a non-stance on Iconeum. chkflip is the only slot he’s directly interacted with all game (as in, had an actual engagement with and made posts directed to chkflip instead of into the general atmosphere) and see my feelings on that above.

What about my stance on him do you disagree with?
Hey SS, why ask me this if you’re not going to respond? Do you have any response?
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:22 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 679, Something_Smart wrote:because I have such an idiosyncratic posting style.
I will vouch for this. I don't think S_S has done anything that reminds me of his scumgame yet. In fact, the fact that I've only been mildly townleaning him off his own play (I more think the pushes are for bad reasons and that's a reason for thinking he's town) is making me think he's more town. When he's scum I normally think he
sounds
very
townie and he hasn't done that here.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:22 am

Post by chkflip »

CORLEONE IS SO POPULAR HOW CAN I BE HIM
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:23 am

Post by DonCorleone »

Hi, Lilith. Do you think you've done things indicative of your alignment yet?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:24 am

In post 686, DonCorleone wrote:When he's scum I normally think he sounds very townie and he hasn't done that here.
Wh-

Did you play in Baton Pass, lol.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:24 am

In post 685, lilith2013 wrote:Hey SS, why ask me this if you’re not going to respond? Do you have any response?
Didn't notice your response in the flurry of posting, mb.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:24 am

In post 686, DonCorleone wrote:
In post 679, Something_Smart wrote:because I have such an idiosyncratic posting style.
I will vouch for this. I don't think S_S has done anything that reminds me of his scumgame yet. In fact, the fact that I've only been mildly townleaning him off his own play (I more think the pushes are for bad reasons and that's a reason for thinking he's town) is making me think he's more town. When he's scum I normally think he
sounds
very
townie and he hasn't done that here.
Yeah I don't trust this at all, this actually makes me feel SS is even more scummy.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:25 am

Link to baton pass?
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:25 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 689, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 686, DonCorleone wrote:When he's scum I normally think he sounds very townie and he hasn't done that here.
Wh-

Did you play in Baton Pass, lol.
please refer to:
In post 87, DonCorleone wrote:I have one or two thoughts about it, they do seem kind of familiar.

I will state now that I am also, obviously, an alt, but good luck figuring it out. As I’m playing on this for the purpose of remaining anonymous this is the only reference I’ll make to it and will not be indulging any speculation that may or may not occur regarding my main.
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:26 am

Post by DonCorleone »

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 629, chkflip wrote:Yeah that's just Vecna bud.
Im usually bland and blend into the background? What?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:27 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 640, DonCorleone wrote:I'm quite suspicious of anyone pushing S_S here because I think he's probably pretty high on scum's target list here. I personally find him very annoying to play against as scum because his rational play and pointing out of logical fallacies tends to fuck over attempts to confuse the town or to just bullshit without getting called on it, both things that I like to do as scum. Added to that is he's strong mechanically and someone who's liable to be a major asset to town lategame. Therefore, being able to mislynch him and not burn a NK there is something I think scum would like rathe a lot.
It seems you disagree with SS about knightmare. Is there a reason you are rehashing something already discussed?
In post 678, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
I'm leaving FB and Lilith for day 2. Not worth getting into today.
Feeling is mutual.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:27 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 668, DonCorleone wrote:
In post 664, SirCakez wrote:the way that wagon formed made me suspicious
either scum eager to bus or eager to mislynch
Iconeum and ABR fit in there
Why do you think Icon is scummy in the first place? I think icon is somewhat towny so far.
Why do you think they are townie is a better question
In post 681, votato wrote:
this
Scummy post
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:27 am

In post 622, lilith2013 wrote:Would expect more pushing if he truly scumreads chkflip.
This is the part I disagree with, there are plenty of people who don't actively push the person they're voting at every available moment.

It could just be lack of time, it could be lack of conviction, it could be laziness, it could be the expectation that his push would be weak and someone else could do it better, it could be that he was concerned with getting a vote down and then was going to focus on other things.
DonCorleone
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
DonCorleone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:29 am

Post by DonCorleone »

In post 696, farside22 wrote:It seems you disagree with SS about knightmare. Is there a reason you are rehashing something already discussed?
I think we've finished now, but I don't think S_S and I specifically had ever fully discussed it. I wanted to hash out with him why exactly he thought that my logic was poor here and that Knightmare was more likely to be town because I think he's a very logical player and when we work well together he's able to point out to me that I'm on a thread that doesn't make sense. Additionally, it was useful for sorting him as scum!him would struggle more to explain why he thought my logic was bad.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”