acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:28 am

Post by acryon »

In post 473, Auro wrote:
In post 404, nomnomnom wrote:In my experience if scum takes an irrational persona it's a conscious choice in how to approach the game and how to fool the playerlist, and I sincerely don't think that Eve is that kind of player
This is the primary point in your ISO, and I disagree.

I think a skim of her town meta will show that this is her playstyle.

I've not seen many players post in such a manner as town and then subvert it when they roll scum - isn't it expected they'll carry that style?
In post 474, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 473, Auro wrote:I think a skim of her town meta will show that this is her playstyle.

I've not seen many players post in such a manner as town and then subvert it when they roll scum - isn't it expected they'll carry that style?
There always are differences. Unless a player is greatly aware of their standing in the playerlist or is the kind to post over and over again, scum players are bound to always be more careful with what they say. I think a greater scumtell for someone like Eve if they were to post way less "insane sounding stuff", if that makes sense. But again, I might be wrong. I might make a meta check to see what her scumgame looks like, but this is my intuition so far.
I'm inclined to be more in agreement with Auro here. While I do think they may be
slightly
more careful, I don't think people make drastic departures from their normal style of play typically. While I agree that way less "insane sounding stuff" would be a scumtell here, I don't agree that a close to normal amount of "insane sounding stuff" is a towntell.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:32 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Hm, alright, so I'm checking this game for reference: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=81667
I'll post any significant finding I find when I'm through it all, but one thing is already certain, I was wrong on the bravado. Eve as scum asking a townie to 1v1 her. I guess my intuition was wrong.
Resetting the read to null and opening my mind I guess. Shouldn't take too long.
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:42 am

Post by nomnomnom »

Bonus note: through all these meta dives the biggest scumtell I have ever seen is the "why am I town" question. I don't know why but scums tend to ask that question? I've done it too and I can't rationalize why I did that, but I'm definitely seeing a pattern. Just throwing that out there, maybe I'm wrong but just pointing this out for later games.
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:43 am

Post by northsidegal »

Votecount 1.12

TargetWagon
Allomancer
(3)
nomnomnom (), The Limit Does Not Exist (), GuiltyLion ()
Eve
(3)
Auro (), BBmolla (), acryon ()
acryon
(1)
Allomancer ()
BBmolla
(1)
Eve ()
Not Voting
(3)
SausasaurusRex (), skitter30 (), Karnage ()

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2020-05-03 00:18:59).
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:45 am

Post by Auro »

Why am I town?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:47 am

Post by acryon »

In post 477, nomnomnom wrote:Bonus note: through all these meta dives the biggest scumtell I have ever seen is the "why am I town" question. I don't know why but scums tend to ask that question? I've done it too and I can't rationalize why I did that, but I'm definitely seeing a pattern. Just throwing that out there, maybe I'm wrong but just pointing this out for later games.
I agree with you. I think it's just a classic WIFOM fallback. "Obviously scum would never question someone about why they would think they are town."

pedit: :lol:
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:20 am

Post by acryon »

@Mod
V/LA until Monday morning CDT.
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:48 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 467, acryon wrote:
In post 466, Allomancer wrote:
In post 464, Auro wrote:I already considered that, but that would also ensure the inno'd person gets NK'd. I don't want Skitter/GL to be NK'd like that.
Nevermind.
So the postcount has over doubled since you last posted any reads. Where are they sitting right now?
I don't like Saurasaurus Rex's posts. I think Eve's shifted a bit scummier with her vote on BBmolla. I feel like you're getting a bit townier, but I still scumread you.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:11 am

Post by skitter30 »

ok i have about an hour, let's see what i can do

- i think that auo's proposal of his townbloc/coordination of it is townie, for one since he isn't advocating any particular placement for himself, but more importantly because this pov is forming how he approaches the game as a whole and how he's interacting with other slots ; i think he's thought about how to optimize this setup from a town pov and is carrying it out to the best of his ability
In post 323, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:You said it makes you not scum with anyone out of your townblock. That's the claim that I don't accept.
this bit is a strongman
In post 327, Auro wrote:Skitter/GuiltyLion, are you both individually fine with being offwagon? I absolutely am.
sure
In post 334, GuiltyLion wrote:this is bad VCA/wagonomics IMO

unless you wanna point to specific players that you think were the scum on both wagons, you can't really make a conclusion about Allo based off Acryon wagon, especially without flips from anybody yet. And if you're starting from "both wagons happened quickly and had similar players so it's likely scum were on them" then that's assuming from the get-go that the two wagoned players are town and will bias your reads from there
well i was kinda thinking about you ...
In post 340, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:There's pretty much no such thing as a risk with no payoff for scum. If scum stay off the wagon and aren't investigated, they look townier because they opened themselves up to getting guiltied.
but i think that here the risk (a 2/5 chance of getting investigated) would be greater than the reward (oh if i happen to not be investigated i'd like townie)
i feel like you're almost trying to shade the group of people who would end-up offwagon, which is kinda where you'd expect scum to try *not* to be
In post 359, BBmolla wrote:I disliked their last three posts
what made their last three posts worse than the rest of their iso?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:15 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 362, Karnage wrote:
In post 361, Eve wrote:VOTE: BBMolla

having potential scum be checked should be a lot more useful to you than yourself being cleared
I'm confused?

your voting BB but critizing auro? or am i interpreting this wrong?
he's criticizing auro for (he's positing) prioritizing the potential of getting checked and cleared over getting a guilty
whereas i think auro is more trying to prioritize clearing difficult slots (and if people think he belongs in that group he's fine with it, which is probably not how scum chooses to coordinate this game)

so they're fundamentally disagreeing on how to use traffic analyst, basically
eve's complaint about auro makes sense in that context, i think, and i think he voted bbmolla for siding with him
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 371, SausasaurusRex wrote:I don’t think we should follow through with the allomancer lynch. Whilst his ISO isn’t
good
, it’s not terrible either. I think the best course of action is to scumhunt a little more first, to see if anyone else seems more scummy. We have a deadline, and we may as well use all that time. If allomancer still seems the scummiest after that time, then we can lynch him. But my point is that we shouldn’t lynch him yet.
this all at once sounds: svs, wishy-washy, and throwing in platitudes to try to prevent an allo lynch (which isn't imminently happening anyways ...)
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 378, acryon wrote:I was already cooling on Eve and this recent stretch hasn't helped.
i actually thought the recent stretch was fine, for once
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 381, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
In post 371, SausasaurusRex wrote:I don’t think we should follow through with the allomancer lynch. Whilst his ISO isn’t
good
, it’s not terrible either. I think the best course of action is to scumhunt a little more first, to see if anyone else seems more scummy. We have a deadline, and we may as well use all that time. If allomancer still seems the scummiest after that time, then we can lynch him. But my point is that we shouldn’t lynch him yet.
You’re saying that on page 16 we don’t have enough info to lynch, but you were happy to say that Eve should be lynched back on page 9 for even less content than Allomancer has as of 371. What’s up with that?

- Smarter
... this is also a strawman, this is what they actually said:
In post 219, SausasaurusRex wrote:Her posts don’t seem very towny, but I’m willing to overlook that as early-game banter if her play gets better. If it does not, I think she is the correct day 1 lynch, unless someone else does something worse.
he's saying that *if* she doesn't play better, she's correct lynch
that's not the same as saying she should be lynched
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 386, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:Karnage’s tone is obvtown
when did you form this read?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 408, Auro wrote:
In post 406, SausasaurusRex wrote:Whilst I feel that TheLimitDoesNotExist is clearly mafia
Really? You don't think they could be reading things wrongly, Rex?
You're 100% sure they're being disingenuous and not that there's a miscommunication somewhere?
i think they're being disingenuous, yeah
sauce is fine, i think
i think he seems to be a 'slow and steady' sort of player who wants to utilize the full time as much as possible, which is why he told us to slow our horses on allo and even now he's saying that he isn't advocating a limit lynch right now

his allo push was bad but he exhibited the same mindset in ... all three of his stated lynch/scum options (eve, allo, and limit), so i think that this is just how he approaches the game and how he feels about the best way to use our time

smart is shading your townbloc strategy, and smarter is misrepping people to push them
and smart is also a lot more passive than i'd expect him to be
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:36 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 489, skitter30 wrote:and smarter is misrepping people to push them
or at the very least, is repeatedly pontificating about how bad a person's post is and framing things in a negative light in order to get their point across
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 419, The Limit Does Not Exist wrote:
In post 413, SausasaurusRex wrote:If Smarter did not understand what I meant by the phrase “If not,” then he should have asked for clarification before making conclusions based upon it.
Ironic coming from someone who is jumping to conclusions instead of assuming good faith. :roll:

-Smart
i mean, that's kinda what your slot did here too but ok
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:41 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 436, Auro wrote:Rex, I can guarantee you 100% that the slot you're pushing is town.
Enable HH:mm::ss (optional) in account settings; then observe the timestamps of posts of both heads.

You will find that they are posting independently, and I struggle to imagine how they could possibly be coordinating that.

Then, go ahead and read a Something_Smart scum PT. You will find that he plans out a lot of things. Perhaps the Crown of Misery one, where he was scum alongside me.

Then, ask yourself if he would suddenly abandon a pattern of careful posting and planning and pursue a strategy where he and his partner freely, independently post strong stances.

Then, you tell me if you still think they're scum.

:3
i'm not following, why does posting independently indicate that they're townie here?
are you arguing that ss would be trying to coordinate their thoughts / minimize dissonance as scum here because he likes to plan things, and that if he were scum he would not be ok with Lilith posting so freely ? otherwise i'm not sure i'm understanding what you're trying to say

also, where do i find the seconds option in account settings, i was actually looking for it last night but couldn't find it
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:43 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 455, Karnage wrote:
In post 454, Auro wrote:Eve!
maybe but I need to go back and look at skitter again first
hi
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 459, nomnomnom wrote:
Skitter's alignment should be pretty clear once we get a scum lynch.

I don't wanna lynch Eve right now, this is mislynch bait.
how so?
i kinda agree with you on eve
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 482, Allomancer wrote:I don't like Saurasaurus Rex's posts. I think Eve's shifted a bit scummier with her vote on BBmolla. I feel like you're getting a bit townier, but I still scumread you.
allo why exactly are you scumreading acryon?
i'm actually kinda surprised that you're still voting acryon and not voting eve tbh?
Show
Hiatus once more.

nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:49 am

Post by nomnomnom »

In post 494, skitter30 wrote:
In post 459, nomnomnom wrote:
Skitter's alignment should be pretty clear once we get a scum lynch.

I don't wanna lynch Eve right now, this is mislynch bait.
how so?
i kinda agree with you on eve
I'd rather not reveal tells in case you are scum :P
-
panthaleon

-
BBMolla
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 11:57 am

Post by skitter30 »

fair enough!
Show
Hiatus once more.

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

-
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart