Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Looker »

In post 159, NDMath wrote:Ngl I don't consider my response to Tanner an answer.
I was kinda just ignoring Tanner (which I probs shouldn't be doing but whatever), and I struggle to see how you interpret it the way you are, or how you view 60 as an explanation.
What's the prerequisite to start a conversation? Pressure? There's literally nothing going on, so ignoring people is kind of...demotivating.
In post 160, NDMath wrote:
In post 156, Looker wrote:
In post 151, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:I feel insulted you linked a fox.

Also someone wake me up when this games got activity. Ill gladly be lynch bait if this game is going to be this slow.
:roll:
Spoiler:

Does that mean that you're willing to sheep? What about VOTE: Raya36 Or Solon? Or MariaR?
Why Raya?
Do you townread anyone do far?
No one ever voted her. Also, asking for townreads at this point is like asking for a gamesolve. How am I supposed to determine alignments if no one is doing anything? What I'm foreseeing is apathy until deadline, and there are no plurality lynches. I think we'd be better off discussing now instead of letting people lurk until last minute.
In post 165, MariaR wrote:
In post 163, Raya36 wrote:I change my mind about scum taking a townleading role. Scum are lurking and hiding
This can't really go on when everyone is doing that in a slow game
It doesn't have to be slow, Maria.
In post 169, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:Alright Looker or Maria at this moment. Aside the other half the player list.
:lol: Almost, Elmo - what are you actually saying? (It's like you tried really hard to effort)

VOTE: NDMath
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:34 pm

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

In post 175, Looker wrote:Almost, Elmo - what are you actually saying? (It's like you tried really hard to effort)
I'm saying it's hard to have effort in this game when there are so many just inactive. I'll compromise on Maria though
Stats not in the wiki. I'm That Crazy Panda.
I Speak Engrish Not English Leave My Grammar Alone.

Permanently V/LA
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:17 pm

Post by TheWizard »

NDMath (4):
Tanner, alban, Knightmare491, Looker
MariaR (2):
Solon, Dunnstral
Elmo TeH AzN (1):
0verki11
Looker (1):
Elmo TeH AzN
Solon (1):
Raya36
Knightmare491 (1):
NDMath
Emperor flippyNips (1):
MariaR

Not Voting (1):
Emperor flippyNips

With 12 Alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-04-25 05:10:00)
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:12 pm

Post by TheWizard »

alban has requested replacement.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:24 am

Post by NDMath »

In post 76, Tanner wrote:
In post 70, NDMath wrote:
In post 63, Tanner wrote:
In post 62, NDMath wrote:
In post 25, Solon wrote:Solon/Elmo is likely T/S (in some order) says you, yet you proceed to place a seemingly random vote on Tanner?

Explain yourself at once!
When I assume Elmo is town, you look really bad. I have no reason to assume Elmo is town yet though.
Phrasing-wise I was struggling since stating an interaction looks T/S always has scum motivation.
I voted because I get scumread for not voting. I wasn't a fan of the emperor rvs wagon.
Why does town!Elmo -> scum!Solon, because Solon voted her?
Even though you yourself have no reason to assume she's Town?
Why would stating that always have scum motivation?
Why so worried about appearances?
1. I sure hope you don't actually think that that's my reason. When I assume Elmo is town the push in looks absurd and "manipulate the masses" is misrepping the situation greatly.
2. I said that based off the premise of Elmo being town, I don't understand your question here?
3. Declaring a T/S interaction as scum on two townies means you can hang either then try to get the other the next day.
4. I basically always am. I get mishung quite a bit and am still trying to fix that.
1. Not really, no.
2. I guess my issue is that you can see Elmo being Town and Solon being scum doing a shitpush, or that you can see Solon being Town and pushing scum!Elmo. But in the second scenario, Solon, doesn't *know* Elmo's alignment, so I don't get why you don't consider a T/T situation.
3. Delacring it
as scum
, yes. Are you scum?
4. Ok.
2) After thinking about it more I get what you mean.
VOTE: Solon
In post 171, Tanner wrote:Math, why would you ignore me...

I'm still in favour of voting Math, but someone please try to sell me on anything.
bad reason, but you feel completely sold on me being scum and I really don't understand why or what I could even do to change that.
NDMath
NDMath
Goon
NDMath
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:30 am

Post by NDMath »

Where I'm out now is
Emperor Dunnstral
Elmo MariaR
Tanner Raya36
Looker Alban Overki11
Knightmare Solon

Which I realize now is very influenced by people's read on me so I'm gonna have to rethink.
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:24 am

Post by Raya36 »

I can't seem to form any reads this game so starting at the beginning:

In post 8, Knightmare491 wrote:
In post 5, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
Spoiler:
You don't say!

VOTE: Emperor
Was there a reason for this vote or was it just rvs?

In post 13, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:m have daytalk?
The more I think about it the weirder this is. I still think the strikethrough was personality more than anything AI. But it's weird to ask something that's written directly in the rules.

In post 13, Elmo TeH AzN wrote: Welp This was a fun game. So what PR we got left? Tracker? Oh Na we got the vig. Yes I'm reading this setup as I move down the list.
This was a weird narrative too. This whole post is just weird.

Slight townread on Dunnstral

In post 28, Tanner wrote:Elmo Town.

VOTE: NDMath
What about his posts at this time made you think Elmo was town?

Slight townread on Tanner

Slight townread on alban

Slight townlean from Overki11

I'm now torn between Solon and NDMath being the most scummy. I don't think scum would be in both of them.

In post 75, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
In post 74, 0verki11 wrote:VOTE: elmo
we did it we used bbcode
Hi scum. This will be remembered for a bad vote hop btw. The fact that everyone is about my 13 makes this game fun. Attempted or not and just getting thoughts out there instead of holding back and giving no content no matter when you placed this vote makes it easy.
I'm always suspicious of anyone that accuses someone of a bad vote when it's on themselves..

Elmo also only said that she was aiming for transparency after Dunnstral said that's how he read her post 13. The the two townreads she says she has are of the two people townreading her: dunn and tanner..

VOTE: Elmo

In post 168, Knightmare491 wrote:
In post 163, Raya36 wrote:I change my mind about scum taking a townleading role. Scum are lurking and hiding
Do you have any substantial reads?
I have dunnstral, tanner, alban, and overki11 as town reads/leans right now.
Solon I'm not sure about anymore.
Elmo and NDMath as scum reads/leans.
Everyone else is null.
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:34 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 181, Raya36 wrote:Was there a reason for this vote or was it just rvs?
It was half and half, post was kinda Lamist.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:36 am

Post by Raya36 »

But many people were saying something about how low our chances are now or how bad the start was. Why are they ok? Also what would you think if the first poster didn't mention the two town prs killed?
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 181, Raya36 wrote:I have dunnstral, tanner, alban, and overki11 as town reads/leans right now.
Solon I'm not sure about anymore.
Elmo and NDMath as scum reads/leans.
Everyone else is null.
Okay, agree on the Tanner read. Is the dunn read tonal? What about overkill, why are you TRing him? alban is null for me.
Agree with ND read, Elmo I keep going back and forth on.
"Don't be afraid of losing people. Be afraid of losing yourself by trying to please everyone."

"If you're bored contemplate the fact that the collective reads of n players in a n-player game of Mafia define a set of vectors in an n-space, and useful game information can be extracted from this."
~Rectiplanes
Knightmare491
Knightmare491
Goon
Knightmare491
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:41 am

Post by Knightmare491 »

In post 183, Raya36 wrote:But many people were saying something about how low our chances are now or how bad the start was. Why are they ok? Also what would you think if the first poster didn't mention the two town prs killed?
Yeah which is why I dropped the idea that posting about the bad start, etc is AI.
I wouldn't think any of it to be AI, wouldn't make a difference.

~Rectiplanes
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:52 am

Post by Raya36 »

In post 21, Dunnstral wrote:Yeah this game is going to be tough, unfairly so, and for town to win we probably need to bank on at least 1 cross kill between sk and mafia.

Post 13 is wild - does anti-town really make a post like that right away? It looks to be too suspect to be scum, in a way.
Dunn townread started here. It's just a weak read right now but my reasoning is that he didn't jump on elmo being scum even though that would be the easy thing for scum to do at the time.

I liked alban for

Overki11 is more of a tonal gut read from his entrance. Very weak though
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:43 am

Post by TheWizard »

Klick is replacing 0verki11.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:52 am

Post by Klick »

UNVOTE:

Hi everyone. I'll read up sometime tonight. This game seems like it needs some love.
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:52 am

Post by TheWizard »

Solon has been replaced for inactivity.
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Right now I'm loving the votes on me. I don't get it. Lets make votes on the active people trying to figure out this game with half the player base not here.

Permanently V/LA
Raya36
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Raya36
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Raya36 »

It's not based on activity. I made a case on you. I'm not going to ignore someone I find scummy just because they're active
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:53 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

Right now as a whole your case seems to be based that I'm town reading two people who are townreading me and based on my
13 post. Aside that don't you think if I wanted to look worse Id have voted Math like was wanted. No because right now I see math as a null. And the top scum read I have is being replaced.

Permanently V/LA
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Looker »

In post 180, NDMath wrote:Where I'm out now is
Emperor Dunnstral
Elmo MariaR
Tanner Raya36
Looker Alban Overki11
Knightmare Solon

Which I realize now is very influenced by people's read on me so I'm gonna have to rethink.
So the people you think are town are the people who think you're town

• @Elmo: Why would it be a compromise when we have 3 days left to discuss...?
Elmo TeH AzN
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Elmo TeH AzN
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:56 am

Post by Elmo TeH AzN »

@Mod: Ill be V/LA till Friday.

It was based on the pace of the game Looker. With this game coming to a crawl. Its why I said it.

Permanently V/LA
TheWizard
TheWizard
Goon
TheWizard
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:19 am

Post by TheWizard »

Black Ranger is replacing alban.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:30 am

Post by Tanner »

Someone asked my why I thought Elmo Town, and just their posts seemed a bit weird/over the top in a way I wouldn't expect from scum in a game where they already have a massive advantage? They're pushing for activity when it definitely wouldn't be necessary for scum. And I don't remember seeing any of their takes and thinking it was overly scummy, so eh.
your eyes on the city.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Klick »

Alright, let's do this.

First of all, I think replacing out post-N0 flip is a huge towntell here. Town are sufficiently less motivated in this situation compared to scum (and probably SK? not sure, gut says no one would want to replace out of an SK slot). This says good things about my slot, alban, and Solon. Unless there's some strong reason to think otherwise, lynching any of them would be silly today, just by the odds.

Elmo's intro reads town to me. There's not sufficient motivation to fake a townslip there, and I also think it'd be done better as a fake. I particularly like that the 'Does scum have daytalk?' bit comes after the PEdit - it indicates that it was just a thought she had before pressing Submit the second time and she didn't think too hard about it.
The immediate questioning of it by Solon/particularly Tanner reads a bit like scum who don't want town getting easy towncred.
In post 37, Raya36 wrote:I'd prefer keeping it to myself for now to see if the reason persists since it's still early rvs. But I will get back to you on that
I rather like this, assuming it has follow-up later on.
In post 56, Emperor flippyNips wrote:this doesn't explain how the cop was worthless to us, i think a cop would of been damn handy. & i don't see how scum & sk would be working together.
i don't think they'd be in a thread together.
likely the SK just killed at random
Really odd to say right after the reaction to Elmo's townslip. I think this is town as well?

MariaR feels off:
In post 97, MariaR wrote:
In post 79, Elmo TeH AzN wrote:
In post 61, MariaR wrote:The game is never that black and white. No one here is a rookie I assume. I doubt scum are gonna panic over a RVS act
I mean depends on alignment even then some people freak out above votes. But why no vote ever or even much in content granted we have 70+ posts and you have mostly just filler at this moment.
Aside talking about someone pocketing you. Nothing interesting?
It’s strange I have nothing that makes me want to comment on at the moment. I could ask some random questions but with no real goal behind them that just feels odd to me. I suppose I’m waiting is the best way to put it
This is odd two days into a game that is moving rather slowly. Town kicks it into high gear, or more overtly displays disinterest. This is neither of those things; this feels like how you'd play it if you're afraid of eating a NK in some capacity.
In post 105, Solon wrote:VOTE: Maria

She is approaching the game exactly as I'd expect scum to do early doors; complacently easing herself back into her armchair, slippers on, by the fire with her cup of cocoa. Reclining back with a satisfied air, waiting for the entertainment to begin.

Well, not on my watch!
Good vote, this slot is super town

I think I'm alright with Tanner's reads list in 109? It looks legit enough and similar to my own at this stage. I don't necessarily see the Knightmare townread, I've got him as PoE scum rn by virtue of being there without saying all that much.
@Tanner:
Could you explain your Knightmare townread if you haven't already?

NDMath keeps pushing this idea that Elmo/Solon is TvS. He's hooked on the idea that Solon's push on Elmo doesn't make any sense...
if
Elmo is town. It suddenly makes sense if Elmo is scum. :neutral:
I don't necessarily scumread this, but I don't get it.
In post 120, Knightmare491 wrote:
In post 115, NDMath wrote:I'm struggling with how you could misinterpret that interaction as bad as you did if you weren't trying to paint me scum.
VOTE: Knightmare491
Nice deflection.
NDMath wrote:@Tanner "I see" meaning I see you have no plans to be cooperative with me so I should just drop it.
But you choose to answer him.

VOTE: VOTE: ND
This feels really OMGUSy and doesn't seem like he has much conviction in the vote. It feels too easy, like he wants to make sure he's committing to voting somewhere in a gamestate where he doesn't see enough to commit to.

The occasional Dunnstral pop-ins don't excite me too much tbh.

It's worth noting that the one other time I played with Emperor flippyNips, they did a townslip as town. I don't read him as playing dumb here. Frankly it doesn't seem worth it as scum in this scenario.

I actually kinda like Looker's vote for Raya in 156 - Looker wants to do something in this gamestate. It's not the impression I had of him up to this point, it felt like he was just messing around and changing his vote every round while avoiding saying anything alignment-indicative. But 156 is good.
In post 180, NDMath wrote:Where I'm out now is
Emperor Dunnstral
Elmo MariaR
Tanner Raya36
Looker Alban Overki11
Knightmare Solon

NDMath reads genuine. I don't think this list is amazing, but I could see him typing this out and then deciding he wasn't satisfied with it as town.

And I like the post above this one by Tanner. That's the sort of reasoning I tend to use when town, but not when scum.
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:38 pm

Post by Klick »

So my reads work out to something like this:

TOWN
Elmo, Emperor, Solon
Raya, NDMath
Black Ranger, Looker, Tanner
---
Dunnstral
MariaR, Knightmare491

VOTE: MariaR
I'd happily have my vote on any of the bottom three, but this feels like the best bet atm.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Tanner »

In post 197, Klick wrote:The immediate questioning of it by Solon/particularly Tanner reads a bit like scum who don't want town getting easy towncred.
You sure? In my next post I had Elmo as Town.
In post 197, Klick wrote:@Tanner: Could you explain your Knightmare townread if you haven't already?
I remember thinking he seemed solvy enough and liking his takes/tests, and have since more or less ignored him.

I like Klick's catchup, other than maybe the Math read. To be fair I have been not as much attention to this game as I maybe should have.

VOTE: Maria
your eyes on the city.

Return to “Completed Open Games”