PJosarian2
Townie
PJosarian2
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:25 am

Post by PJosarian2 »

Potato Tracking Count #4

All discussion goes quiet for a minute, and people notice a disturbing ticking sound.

tick tick tick tick

Everyone freezes. The ticking seems to be getting louder, and it seems to be coming from Porochaz.

tick tick tick tick....BUZZZZ!!!

"Hey" says Porochaz "Isn't the alarm I have set on my new cell phone cool? It first makes this loud ticking sound, like like a real alarm clock, and...what? Why is everyone staring at me?"

Potato Tracking Count:
  • Porochaz is in possession of a Russet Potato
  • Armlx is in possession of a Sweet Potato
  • JohnWWells is in possession of a Baked Yellow Potato
The two people who have not posted since the confirmation stage (JohnWWells and Luigi Gangsta) are both being prodded.

Edit: Heh, that's the funny thing about having two people in one modding account; you can simulpost with yourself.
Last edited by PJosarian2 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:04 am

Post by kuribo »

I want the baked yellow potato, I'm hungry. :(
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Skruffs »

Battle Mage wrote:
Skruffs wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
M4yhem wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

Nice idea, but theres no way im wasting my potato on a guy who needs replacement! :P

BM
This is the problem, right here. What if the people with potatos don't like the wagon? What do we do?

We'll see, BM. It's not my final vote by a long shot. Maybe you'll like my next vote better. :P
in case u hadnt noticed, John already has a potato. He's a timebomb already. :P

What i suggest is we all wait for Armlx to throw the potato back at someone, and whoever recieves it, throws it back to him. Such a plan makes for a great reaction test! :D

BM
Why do you want Armlx to toss his potato and not one of the other two players?
Because presumably, Armlx won't want to keep a potato that could kill him for very long. Hence he will discard it at some point, at which time, we pelt it back at him. It's the school of hard knocks. :D

BM
What about the other two?
It is possible (But unlikely) that JohnWells hasn't posted because he's afraid that talking while holding hte potato will blow him up.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Skruffs wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Skruffs wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
M4yhem wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

Nice idea, but theres no way im wasting my potato on a guy who needs replacement! :P

BM
This is the problem, right here. What if the people with potatos don't like the wagon? What do we do?

We'll see, BM. It's not my final vote by a long shot. Maybe you'll like my next vote better. :P
in case u hadnt noticed, John already has a potato. He's a timebomb already. :P

What i suggest is we all wait for Armlx to throw the potato back at someone, and whoever recieves it, throws it back to him. Such a plan makes for a great reaction test! :D

BM
Why do you want Armlx to toss his potato and not one of the other two players?
Because presumably, Armlx won't want to keep a potato that could kill him for very long. Hence he will discard it at some point, at which time, we pelt it back at him. It's the school of hard knocks. :D

BM
What about the other two?
It is possible (But unlikely) that JohnWells hasn't posted because he's afraid that talking while holding hte potato will blow him up.
I very highly doubt that. Let's face it, if talking blows him up, he's screwed, because he has to talk in order to give it to someone else. Not buying it.

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:24 am

Post by armlx »

Wait a sec. I deserve to be voted off a mysterious island because i didnt do exactly what you said? rofl.
You didn't do what I said that a large number of people have agreed is the correct play.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Battle Mage »

armlx wrote:
Wait a sec. I deserve to be voted off a mysterious island because i didnt do exactly what you said? rofl.
You didn't do what I said that a large number of people have agreed is the correct play.
rofl! A large number!?

I count....3.
And 2 against. That's barely a majority.

Confirm Vote: Armlx
There's stretching the truth, and there's blatant lying...

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Porochaz »

I have an exploding potato
I need to throw it to and fro
But I want to keep my potato
So I will not thro(w)

You see everyone has a plan
Votes are given, Im not a fan
As with the bomb here I stan(d)
I do not want to be a flan

I think voting is foiled
My pants are soiled
I need new trousers, these are spoiled
Im throwing this before I get boiled.

But who shall I pass
Its my choice alone and not a mass
But for now Im letting you decide
24 hours or I save my hide
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Porochaz wrote:I have an exploding potato
I need to throw it to and fro
But I want to keep my potato
So I will not thro(w)

You see everyone has a plan
Votes are given, Im not a fan
As with the bomb here I stan(d)
I do not want to be a flan

I think voting is foiled
My pants are soiled
ROFL :D
I need new trousers, these are spoiled
Im throwing this before I get boiled.

But who shall I pass
Its my choice alone and not a mass
But for now Im letting you decide
24 hours or I save my hide
You could throw it at Armlx or John, to see if having 2 potatoes means instant death?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Crazy »

The only problem that I can see with Armlx's plan is that the potatoes will stay in the hands of pro-town players while we're deciding whom to potato-bomb. If some of these potatoes are triggered by time, and no doubt some are, then that's not good.

I say, whomever has a potato passes it to a person they find scummy. Once we get a majority via Armlx's plan, then we can continually pass it to those select two.

It also gives a more concrete voting record for us.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Crazy wrote:The only problem that I can see with Armlx's plan is that the potatoes will stay in the hands of pro-town players while we're deciding whom to potato-bomb. If some of these potatoes are triggered by time, and no doubt some are, then that's not good.

I say, whomever has a potato passes it to a person they find scummy. Once we get a majority via Armlx's plan, then we can continually pass it to those select two.

It also gives a more concrete voting record for us.
Yeh, or we just forget Armlx's plan completely, and just give the potato to someone we want dead. If there is a good enough case to kill someone, im sure we'll end up passing it to them anyway. But, im not going to commit anyone to passing to someone who they dont feel is scummy, just because Armlx said so. :roll:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:43 am

Post by Skruffs »

Do you think Armlx should throw to Porochaz, BM?
You avoided my question: Why aren't you interested in the other two throwing their potatoes as much as you are getting Armlx blown up?
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Crazy »

BM wrote:Yeh, or we just forget Armlx's plan completely, and just give the potato to someone we want dead. If there is a good enough case to kill someone, im sure we'll end up passing it to them anyway. But, im not going to commit anyone to passing to someone who they dont feel is scummy, just because Armlx said so. Rolling Eyes
Armlx isn't our king. The decision would be made by the whole town... and going against the majority is not a good idea unless you feel very strongly about it.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Skruffs wrote:Do you think Armlx should throw to Porochaz, BM?
You avoided my question: Why aren't you interested in the other two throwing their potatoes as much as you are getting Armlx blown up?
I think you are missing some very obvious points here. Firstly, John is NOT HERE. He won't be throwing his potato until he shows up or gets replaced now, will he? Secondly, I highly doubt Porochaz will listen to anything i have to say.

Now, a few questions for you:

1. Why do you think that it is solely my job to determine who throws potatoes where?
2. Why are you pretending to scumhunt when the majority of us are clearly still in the 'random' stage.

I wouldnt mind Armlx throwing at Porochaz. It would serve the same end as my suggestion, just with a higher risk, as i'm getting townie vibes from Porochaz atm. And Armlx? hmm, not so much.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Crazy wrote:
BM wrote:Yeh, or we just forget Armlx's plan completely, and just give the potato to someone we want dead. If there is a good enough case to kill someone, im sure we'll end up passing it to them anyway. But, im not going to commit anyone to passing to someone who they dont feel is scummy, just because Armlx said so. Rolling Eyes
Armlx isn't our king. The decision would be made by the whole town... and going against the majority is not a good idea unless you feel very strongly about it.
^THIS is exactly the kind of mentality i am trying to avoid. Going against the majority should not be deemed scummy, because in practice, a majority is just as likely to be fuelled by scum as it is by town. We're all individuals, and we can all make our own decisions. When you use an authoratarian system, you need a method of punishing dissenters. In this case, that means killing everyone who has an opinion that goes against the consensus. It might happen in practice anyway! But for crying out loud, let's not make it official before we even start!!!! :shock:

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:13 am

Post by Porochaz »

Battle Mage wrote:
Secondly, I highly doubt Porochaz will listen to anything i have to say.
Paul will listen to anyone. As long as there post doesnt kill me with its stupid length.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:04 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Crazy wrote:The only problem that I can see with Armlx's plan is that the potatoes will stay in the hands of pro-town players[...]
'Scuse me? How do you KNOW with such certainty who is pro-town?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:10 am

Post by Crazy »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
Crazy wrote:The only problem that I can see with Armlx's plan is that the potatoes will stay in the hands of pro-town players[...]
'Scuse me? How do you KNOW with such certainty who is pro-town?
Nah, I don't mean that. I'm just saying that it's not good for anybody to keep holding on to their potato just because a consensus hasn't arrived yet. After all, everyone in this game knows that
they
are pro-town, so why would they want to keep the potato to themselves instead of passing it?
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:26 am

Post by M4yhem »

You have a point, Crazy. I'm certainly not going to be holding on to any potatos thrown at me for very long.

BM- I understand you don't want to play this exactly like a normal game but surely you agree we need some kind of system to try to kill guilty people, otherwise this will just be a random deathfest.

I think it might be a bad idea to give more than one potato to people; it concentrates too much power in one person's hands.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Korts »

I agree. It's probably best if the potatoes are kept constantly moving until we find a likely target for "lynch".
scumchat never die
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Skruffs »

Battle Mage wrote:
I think you are missing some very obvious points here. Firstly, John is NOT HERE. He won't be throwing his potato until he shows up or gets replaced now, will he? Secondly, I highly doubt Porochaz will listen to anything i have to say.
Completely avoided the question.
Do you think Armlx should throw to Porochaz?

Now, a few questions for you:

1. Why do you think that it is solely my job to determine who throws potatoes where?
What gives you the impression that I think that?
2. Why are you pretending to scumhunt when the majority of us are clearly still in the 'random' stage.
I rarely see townies complain about a random stage being over. Why are you?
This is pretty defensive for a simple question that you seem to be backtracking pretty hard to avoid answering. If this is the random stage, then you trying to direct Armlx is also random, which means there's no reason for you not to try to direct potatos to and from Porochaz, right?
I wouldnt mind Armlx throwing at Porochaz. It would serve the same end as my suggestion, just with a higher risk, as i'm getting townie vibes from Porochaz atm. And Armlx? hmm, not so much.

BM
How can you be?
We're in the random stage, you can't possibly be scum hunting yet, can you?

Korts wrote:I agree. It's probably best if the potatoes are kept constantly moving until we find a likely target for "lynch".
You are advocating a random lynch if the bombs are triggured on 'number of tosses'.

My guess is that one potato is based on number of tosses, one is based on length of time held, either by one person or from the beginning of the day, and a third is based on number of posts that have been posted, either since it's been last tossed or since the beginning of the day.

Advocating tossing potatos increases the chance of 2 of the 3 likely triggers going off, and so should be minimized.

Here:
Produces a Mister Potato Head (Empty) and tosses it to M4yhem

That is not a "Real" potato, it's not going to blow up. If you want to practice throwing them around, practice with that.

*Gives each player a similar potato head*

I got them on overstock.com.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:52 am

Post by q21 »

I personally oppose a voting system because we have no control over the potatoes. We don't know how, when or why they will blow up and as such we cannot ensure that the person the majority wants dead is the person who is actually killed. Therefore the majority is useless. There is still value in voicing suspicions and pointing out scummy behaviour, but if someone doesn't agree with you, your "vote" isn't going to make one tiny bit of difference.

I think that the free flow of Potatoes is the best method of exposing people's motivations and as such I ask those simply sitting on a Potato (Laying Potatos?) why they are doing so?... except John, we know why he's still got his Potato...
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Riceballtail »

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.

TATERS!
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Korts »

Skruffs, your speculations assume that all three potatoes are rigged to go off.

Also, how is letting the potatoes stay put any less random a "lynch" than having the potatoes move around?
scumchat never die
M4yhem
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
M4yhem
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:48 am

Post by M4yhem »

Bounce mr. potatohead off scruff's face

It's possible one potato will go off after a certain number of passes. However, at this point any speculation about how potatoes work is just that: speculation. As I said before, we won't know until we experiment. And we should experiment because we can't control the game environment until we understand it. For that reason, I think the potatoes should keep moving.

I also think we should stick with the voting system. Otherwise, it seems like the people who don't have potatoes will get bored pretty fast. We need some way to stay involved in the game process.

C'mon, Porochaz, share the wealth!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:54 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

These potatoes are supposed to be HOT. If you keep them too long, your hands will be nothing but gross lumps of 3rd degree burns welded onto potato peels.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”