strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:04 am

Post by strappado »

That would involve revealing my role. Would you like me to reveal my role?

Either way, I really want to hear from everyone what their opinion is on Spyrex's visit

@ EVERYONE

1.) Do you think Spyrex's claim of a visit is true?
2.) Why do you think it is true or not true?
3.) If you think he is lying - what benefit do you think he would get for lying and do you think he is scum.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:09 am

Post by Mirth »

Ah, the soft claim, how I
hate
it. Why did you put yourself in a position where it was obvious someone was going to jump on you for saying you know a role? And why did you ask who Mr. Vibrating was now as opposed to looked it up yourself at the start of the day quietly? You're obviously fishing for some sort of attention, why?
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:11 am

Post by strappado »

Because daddy didn't love me. ?
I dunno Mirth - but would you be so kind as to answer my question?
http://strappado.mybrute.com
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Mirth »

I did answer your question. Before you bothered asking it even when I first placed my vote on Spyrex.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Mirth »

EBWOP: but you're continually failing to answer mine.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:19 am

Post by farside22 »

strappado wrote:That would involve revealing my role. Would you like me to reveal my role?

Either way, I really want to hear from everyone what their opinion is on Spyrex's visit

@ EVERYONE

3.) If you think he is lying - what benefit do you think he would get for lying and do you think he is scum.
1) I don't know the jury is out.
2) I don't like out guessing the mod and monty python is so odd as it is. Plus yesterday spryx comming out and doing what he did was how we caught DBE. Yes it is all WIFOM and we could go over whether there is actually 2 french taunters.
3) I don't think he is scum, but it isn't as simple or black and white with question 1. I think like with what happened to poker something could have been misinterperted.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:06 am

Post by PokerFace »

<<Boss stepped out for a moment.

I want to make sure I just read something right.
@Strappado,
you said giving reason as to why you know "Mr. Vibrating" is in the game" would reveal your role. Yes?

Which one in argument clinic is he again? Abuser, complainer, arguer, head hitter or the one who goes there for the argument?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:15 am

Post by strappado »

I think he's the arguer.

Also, please note that by saying that giving reasons as to why I know he's in the game would reveal my role is not the same as saying that's my role. I think it's pretty clear that's not my role, or I would have known who he was as shaft.ed would have provided me with a nifty little link. Just making sure that's clear.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:24 am

Post by SpyreX »

Every other game I'm in is dead, but this one is sure accctive. :)
Said I'm not sure if I do. Darla wasn't lying. And he claimed the exact role that dead-confirmed Darla has. How is that just something to write off? The power of the role he suggested he was targeted by also seems far fetched (unless there is something rather limiting there). So I'm not going to buy his claim yet because it seems unlikely that there would be 2 French taunters with identical powers and different alignments *and* there would be some kind of supercop who can find out *everything* about his target. Now answer my question.
I did claim the exact role that DBE did. No, that shouldn't be wrote off - it would be silly to just assume that I'm town based on that.

Yes, the role I was targeted by DOES seem far fetched and thats why I'm having problems with it. I cant see it as being legitimate on face value because it would be too powerful (but if it is I dont want to get a huge town power role lynched) and, of course, I could see it being a totally BS scum tactic for information (with the "consequences" of lying).

Again, though, DBE and I did NOT claim identical powers. She claimed roleblocker (which, oddly enough, isn't in her death notes but Bruce and LG both have their role) whereas I am a re-directer. That difference was one of the many things about her claim that bothered me.

@Strap

I really, really do not understand the whole Mr.Vibrating business. At this point I dont want you to out your role, but again you've softclaimed a role and that is going to cause some issues. How could you know that?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:28 am

Post by PokerFace »

PokerFace wrote:I want to make sure I just read something right.
@Strappado,
you said giving reason as to why you know "Mr. Vibrating" is in the game" would reveal your role. Yes?
All I want is a yes or a no
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:28 am

Post by Mirth »

Mr. Vibrating is the John Cleese character. The one who turns it into a session of contradicting instead of arguing. (He's not named in the sketch.)

Now could you please explain why you felt the need to bring him up out of the blue?
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:28 am

Post by strappado »

Well, I'm honestly kicking myself in the butt for it as I was able to find it on google later. I went on youtube, I went on google, couldn't find any kind of info on it. For the life of me, I had no idea who/what Mr. Vibrating was...and curiousity was killing me. It could have been the game-cracker! ...but after finding out what character he was, I doubt that it's of any importance. I'd retract the question if I could, but it's out there and I cant.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:29 am

Post by Mirth »

Oh, and before I forget, if there is a Mr. Vibrating in the game, I ask that he doesnt claim today unless it becomes absolutely necessary.
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:30 am

Post by strappado »

Oh and Poker, sorry, thought you could pick up the inference.
YES, you are correct. Revealing how I know would involve revealing part if not all of my role.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:31 am

Post by Mirth »

But I'm not asking you to reveal how you know. I'm asking you to reveal why you felt the need to mention it when it was obvious it would draw heat.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:31 am

Post by PokerFace »

@Spyre X,
are you certain you were only hit by 1 or is there only 1 you know of that targeted you?
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:33 am

Post by strappado »

Mirth wrote:But I'm not asking you to reveal how you know. I'm asking you to reveal why you felt the need to mention it when it was obvious it would draw heat.
already did, read above.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Mirth »

You said you should have asked google in the first place and that you thought it might crack the game. Why did you think it might crack the game?
strappado
strappado
Goon
strappado
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:44 am

Post by strappado »

Poker - if you're going with what I think you are - I'm not the bridgekeeper.

Mirth - I said I DID search youtube and google, but came up with nothing, had no idea who he was or how important it might be to the game - so I asked....and then I searched again and got results, so I must have entered it wrong the first time 'cuz I got a lot of dildo adverts on google
<LOL>
the first couple times (go fig). Now that I've read up on who he was, it doesn't seem like his role would be that incredibly important, or even necessarily scum, so knowing he's in the game doesn't really crack it. I think that's more clear...yes?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:45 am

Post by SpyreX »

@Spyre X, are you certain you were only hit by 1 or is there only 1 you know of that targeted you?
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but tell me if this clears it up:

1.) I targeted one person (no roleblock flavor so I have to assume it went through)
2.) I had one night visitor - the bridgekeeper.

So, either I hit a vanilla and the bridgekeeper targeted me or I targeted the bridgekeeper.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:47 am

Post by SpyreX »

OHhh, I think I see what you're saying. I -could- have hit a role that wouldn't provide ME flavor (Cop, Tracker, etc) and the bridgekeeper targeted me.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Mirth »

SpyreX wrote:OHhh, I think I see what you're saying. I -could- have hit a role that wouldn't provide ME flavor (Cop, Tracker, etc) and the bridgekeeper targeted me.
Or you were targeted by multiple roles and you only got the bridgekeeper flavor because the other roles wouldnt have given you any flavor.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:24 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yes - there is a variable number of "non-flavor" roles that could have targeted me that I wouldn't know about. However, if thats what happened, more power to em. Any one of them will help me clear myself. :P

This whole Mr.Vibration issue really strikes me as odd, though.
Show

Proud member of BaM
The Internet
The Internet
Goon
The Internet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:03 am

Post by The Internet »

strappado wrote:That would involve revealing my role. Would you like me to reveal my role?

@ EVERYONE

1.) I think it is true, but only weakly.
2.) I think it is true for now because it hasn't helped him yet, but I would suspect it to be false if the bridgekeeper suddenly shows up and and confirms spyreX, because it would look very scummy.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:15 am

Post by chenhsi »

1. Probably true.
2. Cause I don't think he is lying... why should he lie about something like that? Although I agree with The internet.
I lost the game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”