LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:54 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Goatrevolt wrote:hey farside, guess what?
dont be mean just say it
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:56 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

WE WON!!!

I'm so happy you made the right choice.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:59 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Which is why I was unhappy with my role PM. When I had both scum in my top three with three strong town reads I thought there was zero win chance
Co-host of The USL Show
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:00 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

You stopped the dcorbe wagon on page 3, and then made the right decisions at Lylo both days. /cheer

I was very nervous both days, but I'm glad you came through. Awesome job.

I've still never been lynched as a townie, and I'm glad to keep that streak alive.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:03 am

Post by farside22 »

Goatrevolt wrote:You stopped the dcorbe wagon on page 3, and then made the right decisions at Lylo both days. /cheer

I was very nervous both days, but I'm glad you came through. Awesome job.

I've still never been lynched as a townie, and I'm glad to keep that streak alive.
Celebrate!!!! It really was strife and alviny that lead me to the fact that I couldn't see scum bussing that early in the day. I knew if I kept listening to the two of you I would see both sides so I did my own research and just focused on who I knew was scum and how he interacted.
From now on I can not really ignore day 1 wagon's, but at the very least not always believe that scum is on that wagon.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Actually, that point scared the hell out of me. No scum on a day 1 townie lynch? I thought I was going to be dead for sure after that was brought up.

However, I think my point was actually correct. Everyone wanted Max dead, so the scum had absolutely no need to dirty their hands on that wagon, especially if the townies are going to do it for them.
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:14 am

Post by skitzer »

Vote Count 2 of Day 4

(2) LlamaFluff (Goatrevolt, farside22)
(1) Goatrevolt (LlamaFluff)
(0) farside22

(0) Not Voting

With
alive, it takes
to lynch!

LlamaFluff pointed his finger at Goatrevolt.
Goatrevolt pointed his finger at LlamaFluff.

farside22 remained motionless, except for her sobbing. She was in a tight spot. Most noticeably unsure of herself, she pointed a shaking finger at LlamaFluff.

LlamaFluff walked to the gallows. The noose had been freshly made. He looked at the cut nooses of Max, Cass, and strife220. He didn't want it to end like this...

farside22's legs wobbled as LlamaFluff's body fell. Through her cries, she could just barely hear Goatrevolt chuckling. She bounded up, ready to defend. But she was flattened...

...by a happy hug from Goatrevolt!

The End...

LlamaFluff,
Mafia
, was lynched Day 4.

Congratulations to the
Town
for winning Open 70!

Details and Modnotes in next post.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:27 am

Post by strife220 »

Grats town!

My jaw dropped a little when I quickly read over Goatre's post after the role claim. I saw "yea... Strife and Llama are the scum-team" and thought the game was over there.

I can't believe the only power-role in the game was from the last player whose role we found out. I think the odds are something like 7%.

My jaw also dropped when I saw every vote that I got D3. I felt our only chance to win was lynching Goatre for the perfect, and apparently Llama disagreed. But I thought Goatre's vote on me would have gotten him lynched, and totally didn't expect Farside to stress-lynch.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:29 am

Post by skitzer »

Setup:

Town:
ShadowGirl - Doctor
armlx - Townie
Cass - Townie
farside22 - Townie
Goatrevolt - Townie
Max - Townie
Mr. Blonde - Townie

Mafia:
LlamaFluff - Mafia
strife220 - Mafia

Night Actions:

Night 1:
jtdyer protects armlx
mafia kills Mr. Blonde

Night 2:
ShadowGirl protects LlamaFluff
mafia kills armlx

Night 3:
ShadowGirl protects farside22
mafia kills ShadowGirl

Moderator Notes:

I was kind of nervous about the replacement situation...when it was up to 4-5 people needing replacement I really started to worry. Luckily, we had good replacements, and kudos to farside22 for stickin' it out the whole way.

One of my faulty points was my vote counts every three days. In my next game, I plan to do them every day I have access.

Day 1: I was rooting for town, and when I saw Avinyl and alvinz95 just kind of skate through Day 1 i was kind of worried. They were smart in choosing Mr. Blonde, because I didn't even see that coming.

Day 2: Day 2 was really kind of weird watching from a moderator standpoint. It may have just been the players though.

Day 3: I found it kind of strange that LlamaFluff bussed strife220 right from the get-go. I bet he felt that everyone else would recognize what he saw immediately. His roleblocker claim also felt strange.
I was also afraid that I had broken the game, by not giving the night choices at the time of replacement. Can I have more opinions on this?

Day 4: I want to say sorry to farside22 for causing so much stress. That can't be good on the baby. :'( I thank Goatrevolt for providing the words I needed for the end scene.

Advice would be great. This was my first game, and I feel I did an average job. Any questions, comments, and things I missed would be welcomed as well.

Once again, thanks for a good first mod experience.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:49 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

strife220 wrote:But I thought Goatre's vote on me would have gotten him lynched, and totally didn't expect Farside to stress-lynch.
I was worried about that, but there is absolutely nothing scummy about me voting for the person who I think is scum. I was hoping that I could express that well enough.

I will also admit that part of my motivation for doing the "kill ShadowGirl" plan was that I didn't think ShadowGirl would follow through with a vote on LlamaFluff. Sorry, SG. There's no way I could have admitted that though.
skitzer wrote:I was also afraid that I had broken the game, by not giving the night choices at the time of replacement. Can I have more opinions on this?
I think the best way to handle it is to give the night choices as soon as that player replaces in. Here's your role, here's what your predecessor did last night. That type of thing. It could have possibly been gamebreaking in proving that Llama was lying about his role, but Llama answered the question correctly. If Llama had said that you gave them to him when he replaced in, then he would have been obviously lying.
Grimmy
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Grimmy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:57 am

Post by Grimmy »

Yay town (victory by Proxy)

even though I got booted when I was on vacation, I was keeping an eye on what was going on. I also felt bad for poor farside, getting all worked up about this.

But im also sort of glad I missed that Hell-day that drove everyone nuts.

Go Town (and Go Cass..I think you did one hell of a job)

Grimm but not forgotten
Show
v/la on weekend until further notice.

Rishi wrote:
Of course, Grimmy never seems to leave the random stage - even on like Day 3. And he seems to do okay.

Grimm "Bruce" Lee - I-will-punch-you-in-the-SHIRT!
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:05 am

Post by Cass »

Whew. I have been following this game, and I really thought town would lose. I was quite convinced at one point that Llama and Farside were the scumpair...
Strife, well played... I was never on to you.

And it is a relief that I was actually right about unvoting Farside :) Even if it got me killed...
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:01 am

Post by farside22 »

skitzer wrote:Setup:

Town:
ShadowGirl - Doctor
armlx - Townie
Cass - Townie
farside22 - Townie
Goatrevolt - Townie
Max - Townie
Mr. Blonde - Townie

Mafia:
LlamaFluff - Mafia
strife220 - Mafia

Night Actions:

Night 1:
jtdyer protects armlx
mafia kills Mr. Blonde

Night 2:
ShadowGirl protects LlamaFluff
mafia kills armlx

Night 3:
ShadowGirl protects farside22
mafia kills ShadowGirl

Moderator Notes:

I was kind of nervous about the replacement situation...when it was up to 4-5 people needing replacement I really started to worry. Luckily, we had good replacements, and kudos to farside22 for stickin' it out the whole way.

One of my faulty points was my vote counts every three days. In my next game, I plan to do them every day I have access.

Day 1: I was rooting for town, and when I saw Avinyl and alvinz95 just kind of skate through Day 1 i was kind of worried. They were smart in choosing Mr. Blonde, because I didn't even see that coming.

Day 2: Day 2 was really kind of weird watching from a moderator standpoint. It may have just been the players though.

Day 3: I found it kind of strange that LlamaFluff bussed strife220 right from the get-go. I bet he felt that everyone else would recognize what he saw immediately. His roleblocker claim also felt strange.
I was also afraid that I had broken the game, by not giving the night choices at the time of replacement. Can I have more opinions on this?

Day 4: I want to say sorry to farside22 for causing so much stress. That can't be good on the baby. :'( I thank Goatrevolt for providing the words I needed for the end scene.

Advice would be great. This was my first game, and I feel I did an average job. Any questions, comments, and things I missed would be welcomed as well.

Once again, thanks for a good first mod experience.
I'm curious why day 2 was strange for you. I think day 3 strife's comment about it being between Cass and I and the mass claim helped in this case. I think Llama's bluff was right out, but was really surprised he targeted me both days.
I think my only complaint was the quick night 3 and it wasn't just the stress I felt, but it meant that all 3 of us had to be online and 1 day break would have not left a lot of guessing.
Sorry to Cass about the votes some of Grimmy's comments didn't help. Thanks to Goat for pointing out if Anivly was your partner comments.
I hope this proves to everyone that outburst although emotional does not equal scummy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:03 am

Post by farside22 »

By the way I loved the story at the end Skitzer. Very touching.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:07 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

At least I did something right given that I was protected N2. I almost even wanted to kill SG for a bit because of what that would do to armlxs position in the game. At least I was considered pro-town for a long time, and it actually didnt get me NKed for once. 1 of 4 games so far ive lived past N2 as town.

I was actually hoping skitzer wouldnt give SG the N1 target, as there is no reason for the mod to refuse that information and it would of made it an interesting conflict suddenly.

Apart from that, im just glad its over. I really dont like playing as scum, it doesnt suit my style too well. I should of claimed cop
Co-host of The USL Show
skitzer
skitzer
Mafia Scum
skitzer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:10 am

Post by skitzer »

thanks for the advice farside22 (and everyone else), I think a good way to balance the quick night thing (in all games) would be that the night would last until all players have posted somewhere else on the site, although that would be a lot of work and players may not post anywhere else, though I highly doubt it.

Oh and the story: It's not often you see hugs in Mafia.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:13 am

Post by farside22 »

LlamaFluff wrote:At least I did something right given that I was protected N2. I almost even wanted to kill SG for a bit because of what that would do to armlxs position in the game. At least I was considered pro-town for a long time, and it actually didnt get me NKed for once. 1 of 4 games so far ive lived past N2 as town.

I was actually hoping skitzer wouldnt give SG the N1 target, as there is no reason for the mod to refuse that information and it would of made it an interesting conflict suddenly.

Apart from that, im just glad its over. I really dont like playing as scum, it doesnt suit my style too well. I should of claimed cop

Did you target Arlmx because of the comment I made about people possible trying to out PR?
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:58 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Well we knew that Armlx and Shadow had the power roles. Also given how the day ended they wouldnt be protecting eachother, more likely they would block eachother if anything.

Shadow had been more suspected throughout most of the game which worked for our advantage but after the kill was submitted I had second thoughts as to if that was right to do.

When Armlx started getting some attention near the end of D2, the mood of the game changed and it seems like it suddenly was pushing for a lynch as fast as possible. In retrospect if we had killed SG and then both claimed vanilla that probally would of won the game since both armlx and goat fit the scum profile and creating a mislynch as easier.

I do hold to the fact that goat pushing SG D2 wasnt a good move if he thought Cass was scum as much as he appeared to. Outside of lylo I think the better move is lynching your #2 and not risking a 50% chance of outing a power role.
Co-host of The USL Show
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:09 am

Post by strife220 »

Armix was the obvious target because either he or SG (or both) had a power role, and SG would have been the easier mislynch. Armix also would have made sense for any scum-team to kill.

I have to say I don't think I like playing scum either - it's harder than it seems. I feel I'm good at playing almost exactly as I would if I were a townie, but when it comes down to lylo, it's not always enough. Lying and deceitful just doesn't suit my personality.

farside22 wrote:I hope this proves to everyone that outburst although emotional does not equal scummy.
I wasn't lying when I said I think outbursts are a good scum-tell. Personality is important to consider though. When I read Weather Mafia, I saw you get a bit tempered, so I dropped my case.

Skitzer: I barely noticed your presence for the whole game that I was present for, which means you did your job well. Holding off on Nights for at least 48 hours is a good idea, and PMing powerroles their predecessors targets is crucial. Other than that, you did a great job.

I wonder why scum chose Mr. Blonde to kill N1...
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:21 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

Mr. Blonde must hold up a sign that says "kill me please." The scum tried to kill him night 0 in the other game I was in with him, but he got doc saved (lucky!).

He did seem like an unlikely kill target. The only reason I can think of is Avinyl was pushing him as scum, and maybe it was an attempt to be like "wow, my top scum target got NKed...looks like I'm not scum!"
alvinz95
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
alvinz95
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:24 am

Post by alvinz95 »

I know i got replaced, but I looked back at this thread every now and then.
Blame it on Avinyl :shock: I wanted to kill armlx. He insisted on blonde. So ya i'm passive.
Is back.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

alvinz95 wrote:I know i got replaced, but I looked back at this thread every now and then.
Blame it on Avinyl :shock: I wanted to kill armlx. He insisted on blonde. So ya i'm passive.
You should be happy then. Jtdyer protected armlx. That would have confirmed two pro-town players and stopped a NK. Ouch.
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:38 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Wow, I can't believe it's finally over. -collapses-

Actually, the whole reason I said I specifically mentioned that Llama was my role model [even though it was true] was so that I might not get NKed.
Goatrevolt
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Goatrevolt
Pond Scum
Pond Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Goatrevolt »

ShadowGirl wrote:Wow, I can't believe it's finally over. -collapses-

Actually, the whole reason I said I specifically mentioned that Llama was my role model [even though it was true] was so that I might not get NKed.
I was worried that you wouldn't vote for LlamaFluff. Sorry for feeding you to the evil llama-scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”